Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sports Betting Discussions related to wagering on sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #301
Rustjive
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: unparalleled quantum superposition
Posts: 1,311
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Yeah, there's gonna be a pretty big carryover for Friday...
Rustjive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #302
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,332
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

$522k Carryover for Friday Night.

Looks like a deep and difficult card too.

Gonna start studying... see you guys tomorrow with the tickets.

Let's take down the monster!
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #303
NajdorfDefense
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NajdorfDefense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Looking forward to AA
Posts: 16,312
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Gonna have to try this monster tomorrow.
NajdorfDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #304
TheWalk
old hand
 
TheWalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,599
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

race 4 and race 8 are freaking riddles tomorrow...

ALL???????

i don't have deep enough pockets for a 7 horse and 11 horse all on a $2 bet. If only Hollywood would let us roll with $1 pick 6...

I'm probably going to try something in the $60-$100 range tomorrow.

unreal carryover, though. i have some good ideas about race 3 and 5, but the rest is playing the lottery.
TheWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #305
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,332
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

I normally don't play tickets that look this uniform but, this is what i come up with.... Scratches will change things so nothing has been submitted.

3) 3-5
4) 1-3-4-7
5) 1-2
6) 2-4
7) 1-6
8) 3-6

128 Combinations x2 = $256
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #306
armyof1
grinder
 
armyof1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: La La Land
Posts: 407
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroc View Post
BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.

Sick. Longest shot on the board..

At least 5 of 6 would be times five!

lol.. can you say monster carry for friday night?

maybe...
and Boom Goes the Dynamite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45DRy7M1no
armyof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #307
M.Honcho
adept
 
M.Honcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 862
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Not going to spend the $$ i think its going to take to take down this riddle of a pk6 carryover. Good Luck Kev,and all,havent played since my last thurs pk6 hit,not that i dont want to,but like others have mentioned theres more than a couple of races that are toss ups today,like yesterday. If it carrys again,well then...
M.Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #308
NajdorfDefense
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NajdorfDefense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Looking forward to AA
Posts: 16,312
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroc View Post
I normally don't play tickets that look this uniform but, this is what i come up with.... Scratches will change things so nothing has been submitted.

3) 3-5
4) 1-3-4-7
5) 1-2
6) 2-4
7) 1-6
8) 3-6

128 Combinations x2 = $256
Cheaper tix for me today:
3-5
4-6-7
1-12
2
1-7
3-12
48x2 =96

Hi-5 for $1
3-12-6-2-1

Last edited by NajdorfDefense; 06-19-2009 at 04:50 PM.
NajdorfDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #309
TheWalk
old hand
 
TheWalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,599
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

i'm going with another soft "lottery" ticket...

3) 2,5
4) 3
5) 1,7
6) 2,11
7) 1,8
8) 3,12


$64 into ~$10K would be nice...

gl all... i really like the 1 and the 7 in race 5, by the way....
TheWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:03 AM   #310
NajdorfDefense
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NajdorfDefense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Looking forward to AA
Posts: 16,312
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NajdorfDefense View Post
Cheaper tix for me today:
3-5
4-6-7
1-12
2
1-7
3-12
48x2 =96

Hi-5 for $1
3-12-6-2-1
Oh well, first 2 hit and then a longshot. Gogo more longshots carryover!
NajdorfDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:39 AM   #311
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,332
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

paid just shy of $500k.

very difficult card.

im done for the weekend, good luck guys.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:49 AM   #312
TheWalk
old hand
 
TheWalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,599
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroc View Post
paid just shy of $500k.

very difficult card.

im done for the weekend, good luck guys.
unbelievable... that wasn't too much of a longshot card to pay so ridiculous. just that one big longshot...

good fun, but i sure would be like that one lucky guy that hit for $498K
TheWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:29 AM   #313
DiscreetCat
journeyman
 
DiscreetCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 348
Some info on Veranda Cafe (Hollywood, Race 2)

I had a play on this horse way back last year, and she was on her way to a win (over eventual multiple stakes winner Evita Argentina) before something went terribly wrong in deep stretch. Looked to be either an injury or some type of breathing problem. Returns off a year-long layoff today and is now in for a paltry $22,500 claiming price. I'm not advocating a play by any means, just thought you guys might like some background on her if you happen to be looking at the race. Pay no attention to the race number or betting number; they're from last year's race:

Hollywood - Race 8

#4 Veranda Cafe (6/1 ml)

Just spent a good bit of time digging up the dirt on this one; it's not easy coming up with info on the San Luis Rey trainees. Anyway, this Peter Miller trainee worked the fastest furlong at the March OBS (9.4 seconds). I pulled up the video from that drill, and she appears to have a nice reach on her. Miller generally uses Nakatani on his live ones, and he goes to Bejarano here, but the Miller/Bejarano combo is quite strong from a small sample-size (3-for-9). I also checked to see if this filly has worked with Miller's 2yo stakes winner Backbackbackgone, and she has not. That one is a colt however, which may have something to do with it. Many trainers don't like working fillies and colts together, for obvious reasons. And speaking of 2yo fillies, Miller was quite strong in that category at Hollywood last year. He debuted his stakes-winning filly Set Play about this same time, i think. Anyway, the bad news is that this filly is owned by Little Red Feather (Jim Rome's outfit), so there's a pretty good chance Rome will be shooting his mouth off about this filly today, particularly if she's live. I visited the Little Red Feather website, which had a nice page on this filly, and it mentioned that Peter Miller purchased a "sizable interest" in this filly. That has to be a very good sign, particularly since they paid a good bit of money for her ($150k) at the sale. Bottom line, i would expect this filly to break fast and put forth a very good effort today, likely laying right off the inside horse Lippy Rules, who showed a ton of speed first time out. Here's a piece i found on Veranda Cafe from the afore-mentioned sale; she must've had her named changed because she's referred to here as Seekingthediamond:

Forest Wildcat filly works fastest eighth at OBSC

Seekingthediamond, a Forest Wildcat filly, turned in the fastest one-furlong breeze and three colts tied for the fastest quarter-mile move at the first under-tack show for the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s March sale of two-year-olds in training on March 18-19. The dark bay or brown filly, out of the winning Seeking the Gold mare Seeking Success, breezed one furlong in :9.80. Consigned by Hendry Training Stables, agent, Seekingthediamond hails from the immediate family of multiple Grade 1 winner Classy Cathy and multiple Grade 3 winner and sire Sports View.
DiscreetCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #314
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,332
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalk View Post
unbelievable... that wasn't too much of a longshot card to pay so ridiculous. just that one big longshot...

good fun, but i sure would be like that one lucky guy that hit for $498K
There were 3 winning tickets.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #315
NajdorfDefense
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NajdorfDefense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Looking forward to AA
Posts: 16,312
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Al Khali in the Colonial Downs Turf Cup 11th Race today anywhere around 20-1 is a bargain for a Pletcher horse with Desormaux aboard.
NajdorfDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #316
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,332
$137k Carryover @ Woodbine T-bred

Hey guys, big $137k Pick Six Carryover in Canada today @ Woodbine.

I don't want to jinx myself but, I think this card is fairly soft!

I like this ticket very much, let's gogogogogogo!

6) 8
7) 1-2-6
8) 2
9) 4-11
10) 2-3-8-9
11) 2-4-5-8-14

120 Combinations x2 = $240

Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #317
TheWalk
old hand
 
TheWalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,599
Re: $137k Carryover @ Woodbine T-bred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroc View Post
Hey guys, big $137k Pick Six Carryover in Canada today @ Woodbine.

I don't want to jinx myself but, I think this card is fairly soft!

I like this ticket very much, let's gogogogogogo!

6) 8
7) 1-2-6
8) 2
9) 4-11
10) 2-3-8-9
11) 2-4-5-8-14

120 Combinations x2 = $240

i'll try it for $72

6) 8
7) 2
8) 2,11
9) 4,5,11
10) 8,2
11) 2,11,14

gl!

Last edited by TheWalk; 06-21-2009 at 01:30 PM.
TheWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #318
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,332
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

6 of 6 paid $203k

5 of 6 paid $550

I got 4 of 6 and a swift kick in the nuts.

Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:42 AM   #319
TheWalk
old hand
 
TheWalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,599
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

So I'm sitting pretty in a pick 3 at mountaineer yesterday on a $24 ticket. I have the first two legs done with a 9-1 and a 16-1 horse in as winners. In the 3rd leg I have two horses of a 10 horse field. If the favorite wins I get $1200, if the 5-1 shot wins I get $5800. So I try to hedge and guarantee myself some money. Is there a strategy to do this? Basically I scattered some bets around to try and cover a little money, but left a few horses out. Naturally, the horse I left out won and not only did I lose my pick 3, but I lost like $60 in "hedges". What should I have done? I was praying for that $5800 horse, but my prayers weren't answered. Kind of depressing night...
TheWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #320
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,332
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalk View Post
So I'm sitting pretty in a pick 3 at mountaineer yesterday on a $24 ticket. I have the first two legs done with a 9-1 and a 16-1 horse in as winners. In the 3rd leg I have two horses of a 10 horse field. If the favorite wins I get $1200, if the 5-1 shot wins I get $5800. So I try to hedge and guarantee myself some money. Is there a strategy to do this? Basically I scattered some bets around to try and cover a little money, but left a few horses out. Naturally, the horse I left out won and not only did I lose my pick 3, but I lost like $60 in "hedges". What should I have done? I was praying for that $5800 horse, but my prayers weren't answered. Kind of depressing night...
Alot of times if I am sitting on big will pays, I'll play trifectas with my horses in the second and third spots and a couple win bets on the bombs. Depends on field size and situation though, to be honest.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #321
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,332
$154k Belmont Pick Six Carryover 6/24

Big Carryover in NY, wet track and 5th is OFF the TURF.

Here's my ticket:

4) 1-5-6-7
5) 10-13
6) 2-7
7) 4
8) 1-3-8-9
9) 1-3

128 Combinations x2 = $256

Add 4th race $1 trifecta 3/1-5-6-7/1-5-6-7 for $12

$268 investment

gogogogogogogogogogogo!!!!
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #322
TheWalk
old hand
 
TheWalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroc View Post
Alot of times if I am sitting on big will pays, I'll play trifectas with my horses in the second and third spots and a couple win bets on the bombs. Depends on field size and situation though, to be honest.
Yeah, it sucked bc I had the top 2 morning line faves in the last leg and they didn't even finish in the top 3. I nailed the first two legs with longshots on a cheap ticket. $24 total, $2 bet and 12 combos. I guess I should be happy with my good handicapping plucking a 9-1 and 16-1 as my choices in the first two...

I'm still frustrated, as I've dabbled in horse racing for a while. Just started getting serious this year, and could have used that big score to validate all the effort I have put in.

Another time, I suppose.
gl with the ny carryover!
TheWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #323
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,332
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

One decent price horse made the payout $33k.

Ice cold since the Belmont Stakes... gonna play late pick four Friday night @ Hollywood and then take some time off to clear the brain.

Cheers.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:57 PM   #324
noddyholder
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 371
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroc View Post
One decent price horse made the payout $33k.

Ice cold since the Belmont Stakes... gonna play late pick four Friday night @ Hollywood and then take some time off to clear the brain.

Cheers.
Hollywood is my favorite because I like listening to those guys on HRTV. Do any of you guys ever play their picks?
noddyholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #325
TheWalk
old hand
 
TheWalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,599
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalk View Post
Yeah, it sucked bc I had the top 2 morning line faves in the last leg and they didn't even finish in the top 3. I nailed the first two legs with longshots on a cheap ticket. $24 total, $2 bet and 12 combos. I guess I should be happy with my good handicapping plucking a 9-1 and 16-1 as my choices in the first two...

I'm still frustrated, as I've dabbled in horse racing for a while. Just started getting serious this year, and could have used that big score to validate all the effort I have put in.

Another time, I suppose.
gl with the ny carryover!
oh jeez, and i just missed a pick 3 at Evangeline for about $1000, because the horse i had came in second by a nose AND there was an inquiry which lasted about 10 minutes, they ruled "no penalty" and the winner stayed as is. in my opinion it could of gone either way, but i am just getting smoked by some bad breaks.
TheWalk is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online