Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sports Betting Discussions related to wagering on sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2017, 01:39 AM   #1
JellyFishx2
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2
Help betting with VPNs

Does anyone have any experience/stories with using VPNs on betting sites? In particular Bet365. My account was limited, and I need to make a new one. Would a static dedicated IP address + mac address spoof be fine accessing Bet365 (under a friends alias).

Also, what are the risks, how can I avoid them, and are there any other precautions I can take? One last question, can they seize the funds on my account? I don't want to keep withdrawing and depositing, and I bet with pretty large sums of money
JellyFishx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:26 AM   #2
Mihkel05
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,865
Re: Help betting with VPNs

I just spent four hours trying to get a VPN to connect.

I'd like that time back.
Mihkel05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:09 AM   #3
SwoopAE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SwoopAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I AM CAPITAO
Posts: 18,213
Re: Help betting with VPNs

VPNSecure has worked fine for me including with b365 (just make sure you get a dedicated IP address rather than one used by multiple users and that it's linked to the same country as wherever your account is based) and there are piles of VPNs on the market just do some googling and see which one is suitable for you

Some books do detect VPNs however in my experience b365 isn't one of them (in my case I was given a warning by the one book that caught me VPNing and the account wasn't linked to mine or anything they just told the person whose name the account was in that VPNs aren't allowed, but i've heard of people having further issues including one of funds being held by the book in the case of other books, although I don't know what the resolution was)

If you bet with large sums of money your accounts aren't going to last long on b365 regardless, just a heads up.
SwoopAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:09 AM   #4
Mihkel05
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,865
Re: Help betting with VPNs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
I meant that he did better than the other analysts who had it 99% Trump, obviously any analyst that got the call wrong did poorly.

In any case, I tried to be a gracious loser on this one and give a legitimate congrats to the people that got it right. I'm out at this point, with the exception of the MMA thread. It seems pretty clear that my contribution of any sort is not wanted through the rest of the forum.

Thanks for everything i've learned posting here/reading posts etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
VPNSecure has worked fine for me including with b365 (just make sure you get a dedicated IP address rather than one used by multiple users and that it's linked to the same country as wherever your account is based) and there are piles of VPNs on the market just do some googling and see which one is suitable for you

Some books do detect VPNs however in my experience b365 isn't one of them (in my case I was given a warning by the one book that caught me VPNing and the account wasn't linked to mine or anything they just told the person whose name the account was in that VPNs aren't allowed, but i've heard of people having further issues including one of funds being held by the book in the case of other books, although I don't know what the resolution was)

If you bet with large sums of money your accounts aren't going to last long on b365 regardless, just a heads up.
?!?
Mihkel05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #5
Sally Utley
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 45
Re: Help betting with VPNs

The problem that hasn't been addressed is let's say you win big and want to cash out.

How are you going to get your money? Proof of residence and all the verification they are going to put you through.

Likely end result you forfeit your money and then what?

You don't say what country you reside in and that's key.
Sally Utley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:09 PM   #6
JellyFishx2
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Help betting with VPNs

I plan get my (trusted) friend to make an account and fully verify. Withdraw to his verified Neteller. Always a bit risky when dealing with decent amounts of money though

Last edited by JellyFishx2; 06-30-2017 at 12:10 PM. Reason: spelling
JellyFishx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:01 AM   #7
SwoopAE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SwoopAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I AM CAPITAO
Posts: 18,213
Re: Help betting with VPNs

Teamviewer/legit IP is better if it's for a book that is capable of detecting VPNs (only a couple of my local Australian books are, most of them you can just use a VPN with no issue as long as it's a dedicated local IP) so it's probably best to do some research and find out if the books you plan to use actually have a proper team that can detect VPNs or not

As long as your friends acct is fully verified you should be fine as long as the book you're dealing with is reputable though, but I guess I only have experience dealing with Aussie locals (and the one book that detected I was VPNing basically gave me a warning when I pleaded ignorance and that was that so I just use a burner phone with disposable sim cards for data for that book now as I couldn't be bothered setting up teamviewer with friends legit IPs etc)
SwoopAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #8
Iowa!
old hand
 
Iowa!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,296
Re: Help betting with VPNs

Always a great idea to map out the ways you defraud sports books on a public forum.
Iowa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:29 AM   #9
Mihkel05
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,865
Re: Help betting with VPNs

I generally use my other identity when I defraud books, so much easier when I live with pseudonyms.
Mihkel05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:33 PM   #10
Like
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 233
Re: Help betting with VPNs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa! View Post
Always a great idea to map out the ways you defraud sports books on a public forum.
Seriously, swoop. Its almost like you're an alien sometimes.
Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:56 PM   #11
tothemoon80
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Help betting with VPNs

A lot of these books have security software to identify vpns. I don't think it's worth the risk. You are better off finding an angent to bet thru that uses 365
tothemoon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:44 PM   #12
coltranedog
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 571
Re: Help betting with VPNs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyFishx2 View Post
Does anyone have any experience/stories with using VPNs on betting sites? In particular Bet365. My account was limited, and I need to make a new one. Would a static dedicated IP address + mac address spoof be fine accessing Bet365 (under a friends alias).

Also, what are the risks, how can I avoid them, and are there any other precautions I can take? One last question, can they seize the funds on my account? I don't want to keep withdrawing and depositing, and I bet with pretty large sums of money
You should use a different machine and make sure that you have blocked iesnare / iovation on the computer. 365 tracks you via IESNARE spoofing your macaddress isn't good enough.
coltranedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:54 PM   #13
Sabaneta
adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 963
Re: Help betting with VPNs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltranedog View Post
You should use a different machine and make sure that you have blocked iesnare / iovation on the computer. 365 tracks you via IESNARE spoofing your macaddress isn't good enough.
this is all so amusing, it's like i walked into 2006
Sabaneta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:37 AM   #14
MisterRodriguez
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 90
Re: Help betting with VPNs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltranedog View Post
You should use a different machine and make sure that you have blocked iesnare / iovation on the computer. 365 tracks you via IESNARE spoofing your macaddress isn't good enough.
Thank you Haralabos for giving insight to this blog.its an honor and your expertise is always welcomed
MisterRodriguez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:43 PM   #15
Like
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 233
Re: Help betting with VPNs

why dont you just suck his ****ing cock
Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:49 PM   #16
Weenus
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 43
Re: Help betting with VPNs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like View Post
why dont you just suck his ****ing cock
Pretty sure Hbob lives in Dubai where that's illegal
Weenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:13 AM   #17
lvr
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,782
Re: Help betting with VPNs

prepaid phone
lvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online