Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sports Betting Discussions related to wagering on sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #276
keyroy
centurion
 
keyroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The River
Posts: 165
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazo View Post
Thanks folks. Yes I (and hopefully we) had a very successful weekend, and on top of those ones I posted earlier in the week made a few big plays on Genoa (won 3-0), Gijon (scraped it 1-0 after missing 2 pens!), and Bilbao (a very impressive 4-1 away win at Almeria).

The Aberdeen game and Barca game were huge scores for me personally (managed to convince myself even more on Aberdeen after writing all that ). The liability on Barca was a lot of course, but luckily both them and Aberdeen held on with 10 men for long periods of their games! Disappointed with Hoffenheim and Fulham but still very very happy overall.

I won't manage to get on here much, if at all over the next 2 weeks, but good luck with whoever you all decide to bet on.
Thnaks as always for the picks gazo, congrats on ur weekend. I foolishly didnt have a bet all weekend as was working/drinking whole time. I even forgot to back aberdeen after promising myslef to have a decent bet on them after reading ur post. Enjoy urself if u on holiday gazo!

Last edited by keyroy; 11-30-2009 at 10:02 AM.
keyroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #277
A234
grinder
 
A234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 1,387 km from Kells
Posts: 497
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

A Pick maybe interesting:

Basel as winner of EU Cup Group E:

They played very strong up till now and only need one X in 2 matches to stay leader as far as I know. Any thoughts?

Regards
A234
A234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #278
VillainUnknown
veteran
 
VillainUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I'm your van.
Posts: 2,957
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A234 View Post
A Pick maybe interesting:

Basel as winner of EU Cup Group E:

They played very strong up till now and only need one X in 2 matches to stay leader as far as I know. Any thoughts?

Regards
A234
Tight group, Basel have to travel to Roma (who will probably qualify if they beat Basel at home, before a difficult tie in Russia) then face Fulham at home who, if they beat CSKA at home, will be playing to qualify for the next round.
VillainUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:34 AM   #279
A234
grinder
 
A234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 1,387 km from Kells
Posts: 497
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

First of all, FCB beat Roma at home, they almost beat Fulham away, so i think they really have a fair chance...

Have an other pick somwhat researched:

Ventspils 3.3 (BF) vs Herta BSC

Herty suffered some serious injury problems lately + very bad team moral atm afaik. Last weekend underdog Frankfurt beat them at home and they are in a very bad state in the Bundesliga.

Last edited by A234; 12-03-2009 at 05:34 AM. Reason: added odds
A234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #280
HooliganHRV
banned
 
HooliganHRV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: on the terraces
Posts: 606
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Another great day in champions league
Straight Wager 12/08/09 14:22 ET
bet 100.00 to win 230.00 Result: Wager Lost

CSKAMoscow(UEFAChampsLg) 2
Besiktas(UEFAChampsLg) 1 12/08/09(14:45 ET)
Tie +230





Straight Wager 12/08/09 14:18 ET
bet 100.00 to win 120.00 (paid 220.0) Result: Wager Won

BayernMunich(UEFAChampsLg) 4
Juventus(UEFAChampsLg) 1 12/08/09(14:45 ET)
Over 2.5 (+120)





Straight Wager 12/08/09 13:11 ET
bet 100.00 to win 180.00 (paid 280.0) Result: Wager Won

GirondinsBordeaux(UEFAChampsLg) 1
MaccabiHaifa(UEFAChampsLg) 0 12/08/09(14:45 ET)
GirondinsBordeaux(UEFAChampsLg) +180





Straight Wager 12/08/09 13:11 ET
bet 100.00 to win 200.00 (paid 300.0) Result: Wager Won

BayernMunich(UEFAChampsLg) 4
Juventus(UEFAChampsLg) 1 12/08/09(14:45 ET)
BayernMunich(UEFAChampsLg) +200





Straight Wager 12/08/09 13:11 ET
bet 100.00 to win 300.00 (paid 400.0) Result: Wager Won

FCPorto(UEFAChampsLg) 3
AtleticoMadrid(UEFAChampsLg) 0 12/08/09(14:45 ET)
FCPorto(UEFAChampsLg) +300
HooliganHRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:33 AM   #281
Gazo
adept
 
Gazo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE Scotland
Posts: 711
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

I hope that is all true. If so, well done.

However, posting picks prior to the event, and not stating that you straight bet exactly $100 on every line would be a lot more believable next time Hooligan. Then we can maybe all benefit
Gazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:49 AM   #282
keyroy
centurion
 
keyroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The River
Posts: 165
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazo View Post
I hope that is all true. If so, well done.

However, posting picks prior to the event, and not stating that you straight bet exactly $100 on every line would be a lot more believable next time Hooligan. Then we can maybe all benefit
+ 1
keyroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #283
A234
grinder
 
A234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 1,387 km from Kells
Posts: 497
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazo View Post
I hope that is all true. If so, well done.

However, posting picks prior to the event, and not stating that you straight bet exactly $100 on every line would be a lot more believable next time Hooligan. Then we can maybe all benefit
YAY youre back!

Any picks for 2nites CL games?

Regards
A234
A234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #284
aao
crazy theorist
 
aao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,384
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

ive got:

d. kiev vs barcelona @1.85
seville vs rangers @1.80
inter vs rubin @1.90

o2.5 goals and 1unit for all of them on gamebookers.com.

i think picking the "overs" is way better than picking "winners" today considering it's the last game for most clubs. theyll be wanting to to either ensure qualification or go out with a bang (plus it's the last chance for EC money too - yesterdays example being Apoel)...

Also have newcastle and barnsley to win too @1.85 and @1.83 respectively.
aao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #285
keyroy
centurion
 
keyroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The River
Posts: 165
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganHRV View Post
Another great day in champions league
Straight Wager 12/08/09 14:22 ET
bet 100.00 to win 230.00 Result: Wager Lost

CSKAMoscow(UEFAChampsLg) 2
Besiktas(UEFAChampsLg) 1 12/08/09(14:45 ET)
Tie +230





Straight Wager 12/08/09 14:18 ET
bet 100.00 to win 120.00 (paid 220.0) Result: Wager Won

BayernMunich(UEFAChampsLg) 4
Juventus(UEFAChampsLg) 1 12/08/09(14:45 ET)
Over 2.5 (+120)





Straight Wager 12/08/09 13:11 ET
bet 100.00 to win 180.00 (paid 280.0) Result: Wager Won

GirondinsBordeaux(UEFAChampsLg) 1
MaccabiHaifa(UEFAChampsLg) 0 12/08/09(14:45 ET)
GirondinsBordeaux(UEFAChampsLg) +180





Straight Wager 12/08/09 13:11 ET
bet 100.00 to win 200.00 (paid 300.0) Result: Wager Won

BayernMunich(UEFAChampsLg) 4
Juventus(UEFAChampsLg) 1 12/08/09(14:45 ET)
BayernMunich(UEFAChampsLg) +200





Straight Wager 12/08/09 13:11 ET
bet 100.00 to win 300.00 (paid 400.0) Result: Wager Won

FCPorto(UEFAChampsLg) 3
AtleticoMadrid(UEFAChampsLg) 0 12/08/09(14:45 ET)
FCPorto(UEFAChampsLg) +300
Did you also have 25% of brian hastings action last nite? only kiddin. but if you could post ur picks prematch in future it would b much appreciated.

Gazo nice to have u back man, this thread has fell apart without u.

I know its pushing for time a bit been to work. But i like the look of standard liege to beat az at home 2nite currently 2.32 on betfair.
keyroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #286
Gazo
adept
 
Gazo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE Scotland
Posts: 711
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Not really "back" yet gents but will be from next Tuesday onwards. Never had much on last night anyway, big on Barca (as per my usual this season) but didn't like too much else. Anyway, back to chillaxing
Gazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #287
A234
grinder
 
A234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 1,387 km from Kells
Posts: 497
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

For 2nite i have:

Toulouse v Sochaux 1.86 2.5u
Lille v St Etienne 1.55 2.5u

Huge favs, but mainly to complete one rollover...
Any thoughts?

2morrow there is

Ajax vs Nijmegen and

Ill back Ajax at -2 for 1.7x

Any other interesting games for fr.?

Regards
A234
A234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:24 AM   #288
aao
crazy theorist
 
aao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,384
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A234 View Post
For 2nite i have:

Toulouse v Sochaux 1.86 2.5u
Lille v St Etienne 1.55 2.5u

Huge favs, but mainly to complete one rollover...
Any thoughts?

2morrow there is

Ajax vs Nijmegen and

Ill back Ajax at -2 for 1.7x

Any other interesting games for fr.?

Regards
A234
i had lille @1.67 on gamebookers.com for 2u today. i wasnt confident on the toulouse game but was kicking myself afterwards hehe.
aao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:34 AM   #289
aao
crazy theorist
 
aao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,384
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

11/12 games:

westerlo vs anderlecht @1.70 - risking 3u.
westerlo sitting in mid-table, unbeaten in 5 at home (3 wins, 2 draws) - but all the opposition have been below them in the table (apart from standard). anderlechts away form has been strong too, with 3W 1D 1L in their last 5 away games (3Ws being most recent string of results) and they have a great track record in this fixture. theyve beaten them 4-3, 2-0 and 1-0 over the last three years and im thinking anderlecht will be too strong for them again.

hertha vs b. leverkusen @1.72 - risking 1u

bottom plays top. hertha have 0W 1D 4L in their last 5 at home and lever have 1W 4D 0L. lever have had the harder set of games away from home too, playing 3 teams that are in the top 5... and i expect them to return to winning ways against an out of form hertha side.

hertha vs b. leverkusen - over2.5 goals @1.85 - risking 1u
over the past 9 meetings these teams have had at hertha's ground, there's been an average of 3.5 goals scored (32 goals in 9 meetings).

antalya vs galatasaray - under2.5 goals @1.85 - risking 1u
always a close game between these two. their past 4 games (2 home, 2 away) have produced 6 goals.. im expecting a 1-0 (either way) or a 1-1 scoreline.

Last edited by aao; 12-11-2009 at 01:41 AM.
aao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:49 AM   #290
HooliganHRV
banned
 
HooliganHRV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: on the terraces
Posts: 606
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

sorry guys i dont like posting my picks pre match becuase i am by no means a professional soccer bettor, I would hate to mislead anyone.. btw i only made one bet on day 2 and it was the barcelona tie... close but no cigar
HooliganHRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:58 AM   #291
A234
grinder
 
A234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 1,387 km from Kells
Posts: 497
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aao View Post
11/12 games:

westerlo vs anderlecht @1.70 - risking 3u.
westerlo sitting in mid-table, unbeaten in 5 at home (3 wins, 2 draws) - but all the opposition have been below them in the table (apart from standard). anderlechts away form has been strong too, with 3W 1D 1L in their last 5 away games (3Ws being most recent string of results) and they have a great track record in this fixture. theyve beaten them 4-3, 2-0 and 1-0 over the last three years and im thinking anderlecht will be too strong for them again.

hertha vs b. leverkusen @1.72 - risking 1u

bottom plays top. hertha have 0W 1D 4L in their last 5 at home and lever have 1W 4D 0L. lever have had the harder set of games away from home too, playing 3 teams that are in the top 5... and i expect them to return to winning ways against an out of form hertha side.

hertha vs b. leverkusen - over2.5 goals @1.85 - risking 1u
over the past 9 meetings these teams have had at hertha's ground, there's been an average of 3.5 goals scored (32 goals in 9 meetings).

antalya vs galatasaray - under2.5 goals @1.85 - risking 1u
always a close game between these two. their past 4 games (2 home, 2 away) have produced 6 goals.. im expecting a 1-0 (either way) or a 1-1 scoreline.
Nice Picks. Ill be on the lookout for more

What do you think about Ajax v Nijmegen? Any value in that?

Regards
A234
A234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #292
aao
crazy theorist
 
aao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,384
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A234 View Post
Nice Picks. Ill be on the lookout for more

What do you think about Ajax v Nijmegen? Any value in that?

Regards
A234
ty - let's hope theyre winners hehe.

dutch football... im not so sure about. i always tended to think that value-wise, there was very little in it compared with the risk you'd be taking. for example, a lot of the games will be handicap picks (-1 or -2) for tiny odds. sure, the gulf in the strength of the teams is huge in the eridivisie and one team does often win by a large margin... to me it just seems a bit hit and miss depending on which team decides to turn up and play each game and id rather invest a unit or two on top of another game i feel more confident on instead of here.

happy to give my 2 cents though... im not claiming to be an expert or anything though.

regarding the ajax vs NEC match, this fixtures string of results over the last 6 years have given us a 2-0, 0-0, 2-0, 1-1, 1-0 and 1-0. at home, ajax's last 5 results have been high winning margin affairs, with a 5-1, 5-1, 2-1, 4-0 and 3-0 from present to past respectively... so the -2 handicap pick looks good in that regard with a free scoring ajax team. compare that with NECs away form over the last 5 and we see that theyve been close games, with a 2-2, 3-3, 2-0, 1-1 and 2-3 all against mid-table opposition. idk, it's prety hard to say anything with confidence... no idea which side will turn up or if the game is likely to be open or tight...

if i HAD to pick something itd be more goals to be scored in the second half of the game @1.55 on gamebookers.com. the bet gets refunded if the number of goals is equal in each half which is definitely a plus side imo.

the stats for ajax's last 5 home games are above, but the HT scores have been 5-1, 1-0, 1-0, 1-0 and 1-0... compared with NEC's away HT scores of 1-1, 1-1, 1-0, 0-1 and 0-1.
aao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #293
ceire
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,541
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Birmingham vs West Ham under 2.5 goals @ 1.82 on betfair

West ham are missing there main striker cole who has got a 3rd of west hams goals this season. They are only averaging 4.2 shoots on target and averaging just over a goal a game away from home (thats when they had cole)

Birmingham have kept 6 clean sheets this season (4 of them at home), they have only let in 5 goals at home, average just over 3 shoots on target at home and only a goal a game all season.

Last edited by ceire; 12-11-2009 at 06:34 PM.
ceire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #294
aao
crazy theorist
 
aao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,384
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aao View Post
11/12 games:

westerlo vs anderlecht @1.70 - risking 3u.
hertha vs b. leverkusen @1.72 - risking 1u
hertha vs b. leverkusen - over2.5 goals @1.85 - risking 1u
antalya vs galatasaray - under2.5 goals @1.85 - risking 1u
Quote:
Originally Posted by aao View Post
more goals to be scored in the second half of the game @1.55 on gamebookers.com.
i didnt take the ajax bet though... so finished today +0.95u. not spectacular, but happy it's in the green.

Last edited by aao; 12-11-2009 at 07:28 PM.
aao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #295
aao
crazy theorist
 
aao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,384
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

just quickly...

12/12 games:

stoke vs wigan @2.10 - 1u
hull vs blackburn @2.80 - 1u
tottenham (-1) vs wolves @1.72 - 1u
man utd vs a villa @1.50 - 3u
barnsley vs newcastle @1.90 - 3u
huddersfield vs gillingham @1.44 - 3u

double on wigan and fulham both to score in their matches @2.00 - 1u

fingers crossed.
aao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #296
ceire
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,541
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Birmingham vs West Ham under 2.5 goals @ 1.82 on betfair

ceire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #297
aao
crazy theorist
 
aao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,384
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aao View Post
just quickly...

12/12 games:

stoke vs wigan @2.10 - 1u
hull vs blackburn @2.80 - 1u
tottenham (-1) vs wolves @1.72 - 1u
man utd vs a villa @1.50 - 3u
barnsley vs newcastle @1.90 - 3u

huddersfield vs gillingham @1.44 - 3u

double on wigan and fulham both to score in their matches @2.00 - 1u

fingers crossed.


weird day in the EPL...
aao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #298
ceire
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,541
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aao View Post


weird day in the EPL...
Yeah unlucky dude, some good picks there but just a weird day like you said. Sunderland couldnt even win at home to port, even with there good home form.
ceire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #299
JaredL
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JaredL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 22,523
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aao View Post


weird day in the EPL...
I went 1-10 in all bets today and 0-5 in the EPL. It was a particularly bad day to learn to look more closely because they switch the to win and risk when you're betting a favorite. The Chelsea-Man U-Man City 0 for 3 was pretty brutal especially since I bet more than I had intended on them.
JaredL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #300
aao
crazy theorist
 
aao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,384
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

13/12 games:

decided to focus on fewer bets, but more intensity.

liverpool vs arsenal over 2.5 goals @1.90 - 3u (i think theres so much value in this line)
middlesborough vs. cardiff double chance on draw or cardiff @1.62 - 3u

double on liverpool and cardiff to win @7.26 - 0.5u
aao is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online