Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sports Betting Discussions related to wagering on sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 04:35 AM   #2676
Jepons
centurion
 
Jepons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeuce7Xx View Post
**** you Milan, **** you very much!
+
Jepons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:36 AM   #2677
grimandi
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutshot2 View Post
have Basel got a chance against united? +500 to win at home seems pretty sick, but i don't really know too much. thoughts?

i guess let's have some thoughts on the other matches too while we're at it!
United need only a draw and their defence has been solid for a month. Bet both teams not to score
grimandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:44 AM   #2678
kolotoure
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kolotoure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In A Perry Groves World
Posts: 15,863
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutshot2 View Post
have Basel got a chance against united? +500 to win at home seems pretty sick, but i don't really know too much. thoughts?

i guess let's have some thoughts on the other matches too while we're at it!
I can't see them scoring nm winning
kolotoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #2679
Swiiftx
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Swiiftx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mark it zero.
Posts: 7,991
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolotoure View Post
I can't see them scoring nm winning
Well ldo, if they don't score, they won't win
Swiiftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #2680
aapocketaa
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 313
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Tonight in the UCL....here are the scenarios by group
A
Bayern is in as group winner
Napoli - win and in
Man City - win and Napoli loss/tie

Here we need to see the lineup that Villareal puts out there with nothing on the line at home. Safe bet is Napoli. Man City knows they need a win to have a chance so we need to see Bayern's lineup

B
Inter is in as group winner
Trabzonspor - win and in, tie and in if CSKA doesn't beat Inter
Lille - win and in
CSKA - win and trab/lille tie - in

This should be interesting, its basically a winner takes all match in France but if they draw, CSKA could sneak in the backdoor. CSKA is on the road though at Inter and we have no idea what lineup Inter will put forth with their position secured. There is obviously some Europa League ramifications as well.

C
Benefica - thru, will win group if they win today
Man U - in with tie/win, win group if win/benefica loss/tie or tie and benefica loss
Basel - win an in, win group if they win and benefica loses

This is the most interesting group of the day. Benefica obviously wants to win the group and SHOULD have no trouble at home vs the bottom feeder of the group. Man U travels to Basel, whom they tied 3-3 at home. They can play for the win or tie to advance.

D
This group is basically set with Madrid advancing as the group winner and Ajax as the 2nd place team unless Lyon can somehow manage a +8 goal differential.
From a betting standpoint, this group is a stayaway. No one stands to improve their position without an American football like score. We could see alot of junior players and subs getting a taste at Champions League experience

Overall the two games that will be worth watching are Trabzonspor/Lille and ManU/Basel. They are basically play-in games if you can secure a W. Group D is a stay away and Group A could have a few leans if the lineups tell us about the team's approach to the game.
aapocketaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #2681
Victor Kros
veteran
 
Victor Kros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,258
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapocketaa View Post
Tonight in the UCL....here are the scenarios by group
A
Bayern is in as group winner
Napoli - win and in
Man City - win and Napoli loss/tie

Here we need to see the lineup that Villareal puts out there with nothing on the line at home. Safe bet is Napoli. Man City knows they need a win to have a chance so we need to see Bayern's lineup

B
Inter is in as group winner
Trabzonspor - win and in, tie and in if CSKA doesn't beat Inter
Lille - win and in
CSKA - win and trab/lille tie - in

This should be interesting, its basically a winner takes all match in France but if they draw, CSKA could sneak in the backdoor. CSKA is on the road though at Inter and we have no idea what lineup Inter will put forth with their position secured. There is obviously some Europa League ramifications as well.

C
Benefica - thru, will win group if they win today
Man U - in with tie/win, win group if win/benefica loss/tie or tie and benefica loss
Basel - win an in, win group if they win and benefica loses

This is the most interesting group of the day. Benefica obviously wants to win the group and SHOULD have no trouble at home vs the bottom feeder of the group. Man U travels to Basel, whom they tied 3-3 at home. They can play for the win or tie to advance.

D
This group is basically set with Madrid advancing as the group winner and Ajax as the 2nd place team unless Lyon can somehow manage a +8 goal differential.
From a betting standpoint, this group is a stayaway. No one stands to improve their position without an American football like score. We could see alot of junior players and subs getting a taste at Champions League experience

Overall the two games that will be worth watching are Trabzonspor/Lille and ManU/Basel. They are basically play-in games if you can secure a W. Group D is a stay away and Group A could have a few leans if the lineups tell us about the team's approach to the game.
lyon needs a +7 goal differential. they have a higher uefa coefficient which will be the decider then. and a 0-4 loss for ajax like last year and a 0-3 win for lyon are hardly American football like scores. not even going through the trouble of checking the rest of your statements just assuming your post is worthless. and obv when you have the lineups you can make a more accurate estimation of the odds.
Victor Kros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #2682
Swiiftx
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Swiiftx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mark it zero.
Posts: 7,991
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Anyone think bayern is worth a bet? They're pretty huge underdogs, 5:1 smth.
Swiiftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #2683
forthwrite
self-banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,358
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Probably not. Wait for the teams to be announced.
forthwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #2684
kevin21
SE Spokesman
 
kevin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 62,022
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Since Real have a B-Team going tonight I've went with Ajax over 5.5 team corners @ Evs on Bet365, they managed 6 in the game @ Real so I think this is pretty good value tonight.

Tempted to go Over 3.5 cards @ Evs on Bet365 in the Benfica/Galati game but it all depends how seriously Galati take it considering they are done. Worth a shot I guess.
kevin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #2685
HipsterDufes
veteran
 
HipsterDufes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,263
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhl.
Was thinking of putting some $ on over 3.5, 4.5, 5.5, 6.5 in the Lyon game but totally forgot after making my over 2.5 bet.
HipsterDufes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #2686
ONE OF A KIND
enthusiast
 
ONE OF A KIND's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Polska
Posts: 61
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Had a good night with my double of Napoli to win and Real Madrid -1 which is what I needed after last night, could have been brilliant if Man utd had done better but I hate Man utd so Im glad there out.
ONE OF A KIND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #2687
nismo9
self-banned
 
nismo9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,554
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Man Utd. ****ed up my accumulator but i dont care im more glad that they crashed out
nismo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:13 AM   #2688
SySteMChEck
old hand
 
SySteMChEck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MicroMillions II
Posts: 1,349
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

With United and City out now. Does 5/2 seem like a good price on R.Madrid to win the champions league?
SySteMChEck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:26 AM   #2689
nismo9
self-banned
 
nismo9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,554
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SySteMChEck View Post
With United and City out now. Does 5/2 seem like a good price on R.Madrid to win the champions league?
Not sure they always seem to let themselves down around the quarters. Tbh im going with chelsea at 12's i know it seems a stretch but i think they can put out
nismo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #2690
ONE OF A KIND
enthusiast
 
ONE OF A KIND's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Polska
Posts: 61
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SySteMChEck View Post
With United and City out now. Does 5/2 seem like a good price on R.Madrid to win the champions league?
I think you should wait to after this weekend because Barca play Real, so the result will show if Real can step up and beat the favourites and if they have closed the gap or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo9 View Post
Not sure they always seem to let themselves down around the quarters. Tbh im going with chelsea at 12's i know it seems a stretch but i think they can put out

I think this is good value now Utd and City are out but I still dont think they would win a final against Barca or Real, so the best bet seems Chelsea each way.
ONE OF A KIND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #2691
kolotoure
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kolotoure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In A Perry Groves World
Posts: 15,863
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Real have been the test team in Europe this season by some distance
kolotoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #2692
SMUTTTT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SMUTTTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,126
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUTTTT View Post
Happy about yesterday. I picked the Marseille straight win @ 5.30 and sweated the flashscore in my mobile while watching Olympiacos - Arsenal which also went in, Olympiacos -0.75 ball.
Expect the Dynamo Zagreb - Lyon game to produce a ton of goals today. Over 2.5 goals @ 1.94 seems like money in the bank to me. Even put 0.25 units each on over 4.5 and over 5.5 each.
(7.4 and 16.0 respectively)
from cl thread.weee
SMUTTTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:27 AM   #2693
SySteMChEck
old hand
 
SySteMChEck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MicroMillions II
Posts: 1,349
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Hopefully if Real step up and look good against Barca at the weekend the price will still stay the same for Madrid. Can see it dropping to 2/1 if they beat Barca though
SySteMChEck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #2694
gsiciliano
Pooh-Bah
 
gsiciliano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Posts: 3,938
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolotoure View Post
Real have been the test team in Europe this season by some distance
No, they don't. What they have is the most overrated player in the history of the universe.
gsiciliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #2695
kolotoure
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kolotoure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In A Perry Groves World
Posts: 15,863
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsiciliano View Post
No, they don't. What they have is the most overrated player in the history of the universe.
Who has been better than Real so far this season?
kolotoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #2696
ONE OF A KIND
enthusiast
 
ONE OF A KIND's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Polska
Posts: 61
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Normal night in the Jupiler league, 8 out of the 9 games going over 2.5 and 7 over 3.5
ONE OF A KIND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #2697
forthwrite
self-banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,358
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE OF A KIND View Post
Normal night in the Jupiler league, 8 out of the 9 games going over 2.5 and 7 over 3.5
I'm still trying to figure out the best way to approach it.

I've made a profit on it each of the last 3 weeks since I started betting on >2.5 goals and all I've been doing different parlay combinations.

I can't seem to figure out the best way to do it, though, when all of the games are on at the same time.

There is too many combinations when there is 9 games.
forthwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #2698
bw89
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 279
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

I'm sure there's no way the market has taken into account the fact that the league average is so high...

edit: That's not to say there's no potential profitability there, just that backing overs blind sounds like a really bad idea.
bw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #2699
xXDeuce7Xx
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
xXDeuce7Xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,079
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthwrite View Post
I'm still trying to figure out the best way to approach it.

I've made a profit on it each of the last 3 weeks since I started betting on >2.5 goals and all I've been doing different parlay combinations.

I can't seem to figure out the best way to do it, though, when all of the games are on at the same time.

There is too many combinations when there is 9 games.
What are the odds on these overs on average, like 1.35 at most?
xXDeuce7Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #2700
kevin21
SE Spokesman
 
kevin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 62,022
Re: Football (soccer) betting thread

Jupiler League so much + Samp games are stonewallers for Under 2.5.

My wee local bookies doesn't even offer a price on the Ov 2.5 market in the Jupiler League. They go with Ov 3.5.
kevin21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive