Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sports Betting Discussions related to wagering on sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2020, 06:38 PM   #1
Foxxy Woods
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Connecticut, New England
Posts: 718
Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Obviously hoping for a swift return to normalcy. Just wondering who else had some sharp future bets canceled?

I had two great ones that were looking to provide some hedge equity. Right after the NCAA tourney ended last year, I took Maryland at 60-1 and Seton Hall at 75-1. Both looked like 3 seeds, and their odds dropped to 12-1 and 15-1.

I heard of people having Dayton at 1000-1. Anyone else find a great price on a future, only to have it fall victim to the "Covid cancellation"?
Foxxy Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:59 PM   #2
SwoopAE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SwoopAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 20,613
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Friend of mine has 100k or so in pending futures with current equity of like +70k that are looking like they might be cancelled

I feel lucky I didn't stock up on futures anywhere this season so hasn't affected me personally
SwoopAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:27 AM   #3
gmcarroll33
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gmcarroll33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Losing my bankroll on Paul Casey
Posts: 6,130
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

I have Masters futures on Matsuyama, Dechambeau, and Finau that I was loving but now they're either cancelling it, or they're gonna have dead azaleas and brown grass come October-November and soak the course to make up for it and gift wrap the tournament to Rory bc's he's unbeatable on soaked courses. I'd rather they just cancel my bets.
gmcarroll33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 06:19 PM   #4
Like
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,307
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy Woods View Post
Obviously hoping for a swift return to normalcy. Just wondering who else had some sharp future bets canceled?

I had two great ones that were looking to provide some hedge equity. Right after the NCAA tourney ended last year, I took Maryland at 60-1 and Seton Hall at 75-1. Both looked like 3 seeds, and their odds dropped to 12-1 and 15-1.

I heard of people having Dayton at 1000-1. Anyone else find a great price on a future, only to have it fall victim to the "Covid cancellation"?
thats brutal. btw what do you play at foxwoods? I used to play in the 20/40 limit game pretty regularly.

I have anyone but bernie to win the ohio primary at +185 which is a lock but the primary was suspended. Same thing with Biden to win Wyoming caucus at +400. Both bets are literal locks but who knows when theyll actually take place. Hope my book doesnt do anything stupid
Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:42 PM   #5
BraveJayhawk
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BraveJayhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Couch Coaching
Posts: 8,414
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy Woods View Post

I heard of people having Dayton at 1000-1. Anyone else find a great price on a future, only to have it fall victim to the "Covid cancellation"?
After Dayton took Kansas to OT, I bet them on 5D at 300/1. Bet the last 90$ in my account. Only keep a little in there for a rainy day and boy was it pouring that day!
BraveJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:02 PM   #6
BraveJayhawk
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BraveJayhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Couch Coaching
Posts: 8,414
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

I feel like San Diego St. was 300 or 500/1 at the same time
BraveJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:09 PM   #7
zplusz
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 432
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Yet another reason why future bets, while they are fun, are kinda stupid
zplusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:18 PM   #8
hotspur2018
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 22
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Here’s one of mine . Sunderland should sneak into the playoffs with their remaining fixtures and could even still have a shot at automatic promotion if they win at Rotherham on the last day.


https://imgur.com/a/F42zGHN
hotspur2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:21 PM   #9
hotspur2018
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 22
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zplusz View Post
Yet another reason why future bets, while they are fun, are kinda stupid
Futures are a wonderful way of betting sports.
hotspur2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:39 PM   #10
hotspur2018
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 22
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Here’s a couple more and I wonder if I’d get my money back on these if the season is a complete write off since Saracens are definitely relegated ? Presumably these will count as losers then. Oh well. And to think I just posted that futures are a wonderful way to bet in reply to someone saying they’re dumb.��


https://imgur.com/a/ZbuzW9S
hotspur2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:29 PM   #11
Foxxy Woods
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Connecticut, New England
Posts: 718
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcarroll33 View Post
I have Masters futures on Matsuyama, Dechambeau, and Finau that I was loving but now they're either cancelling it, or they're gonna have dead azaleas and brown grass come October-November and soak the course to make up for it and gift wrap the tournament to Rory bc's he's unbeatable on soaked courses. I'd rather they just cancel my bets.
I have a few bets on the Masters as well, some of the same as you. Book hasn't canceled them yet though. I have: Rahm 14-1, JT 16-1, Finau 28-1, Bryson 25-1, and Webb 66-1. Most excited about Rahm and Webb bets.
Foxxy Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:30 PM   #12
Foxxy Woods
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Connecticut, New England
Posts: 718
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zplusz View Post
Yet another reason why future bets, while they are fun, are kinda stupid
I absolutely love them! Also, my bets were refunded, not judged as a loss.
Foxxy Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:36 PM   #13
RhodyGuy
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,234
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

13 NBA futures plays, 11 of which were all but locked up including three at over +250 and another at +360 on the fence. Not 6-figures like some but creeped into 5-figures in what would have been one of bigger scores for a peanuts sports bettor.
RhodyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:38 PM   #14
Foxxy Woods
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Connecticut, New England
Posts: 718
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like View Post
thats brutal. btw what do you play at foxwoods? I used to play in the 20/40 limit game pretty regularly.

I have anyone but bernie to win the ohio primary at +185 which is a lock but the primary was suspended. Same thing with Biden to win Wyoming caucus at +400. Both bets are literal locks but who knows when theyll actually take place. Hope my book doesnt do anything stupid
I have Masters bets that haven't been canceled yet. Also, my book refunded the NCAA futures, so at least I didn't take a loss. Those are great political bets - when did you place them? Some of what I do entails political/campaign work, so I love myself some political speculation!

I used to play all sorts of games at Foxwoods, but not as high as 20/40. I spent like 2-3 days a week there between 2003-2013, but I rarely go anymore. It's MGM or Mohegan now. My brother played strictly 20/40 hold 'em, but I played 10/20 and 5/10 stud, 1/2 NL, 4/8 and 10/20 hold 'em, and many tournaments under $400
Foxxy Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:40 PM   #15
Foxxy Woods
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Connecticut, New England
Posts: 718
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveJayhawk View Post
After Dayton took Kansas to OT, I bet them on 5D at 300/1. Bet the last 90$ in my account. Only keep a little in there for a rainy day and boy was it pouring that day!
Sharp bet!
Foxxy Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:41 PM   #16
Foxxy Woods
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Connecticut, New England
Posts: 718
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyGuy View Post
13 NBA futures plays, 11 of which were all but locked up including three at over +250 and another at +360 on the fence. Not 6-figures like some but creeped into 5-figures in what would have been one of bigger scores for a peanuts sports bettor.
Sharp! You in Rhode Island?
Foxxy Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:53 AM   #17
Risto234
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Estonia
Posts: 143
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

I had bet on Atletico to win Champions League ... it's still pending lol
Risto234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:05 PM   #18
FRGCardinal
veteran
 
FRGCardinal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: BOO YA, BABY! TWO PAIR!
Posts: 2,116
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Since I think it's pretty clear the NBA will NOT be completing the regular season, if even the playoffs, would books at least settle win totals bets that were already locks (win or lose) and void the rest? Or am I looking at 100% of my futures bets getting voided?
FRGCardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:15 PM   #19
Iowa!
old hand
 
Iowa!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,478
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRGCardinal View Post
Since I think it's pretty clear the NBA will NOT be completing the regular season, if even the playoffs, would books at least settle win totals bets that were already locks (win or lose) and void the rest? Or am I looking at 100% of my futures bets getting voided?
At Bookmaker RSWs will all get voided and championship/Conference will still have action even if they wind up playing Best of 3s in front of 0 fans.

Hope the Bucks like Disney World!
Iowa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:57 PM   #20
Iowa!
old hand
 
Iowa!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,478
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

https://nypost.com/2020/05/07/nhl-re...up-tournament/

Obviously sports > no sports but these formats being floated would be rough on the pending equity of people who made good bets Pre-Covid.

Last edited by Iowa!; 05-07-2020 at 05:04 PM.
Iowa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:31 PM   #21
PerpetualCzech
adept
 
PerpetualCzech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 863
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

No bets for me personally, but even worse it bailed DNegs out of his donk NHL season points bets which of course he went silent about as soon as they started tanking.

https://twitter.com/NHLHockeyBets/st...86973745467392

https://twitter.com/NHLHockeyBets/st...18906088783873
PerpetualCzech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:07 PM   #22
NhlNut
KANGZ
 
NhlNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: RANGZ
Posts: 17,443
Re: Did Corona ruin anyone else's future bet sweats?

FoxBetNJ graded a bunch Nhl division winner bets as wins. Blues + Caps. Luckily I settled a bunch in the week before games were halted.
BetMGM seems to have voided most of my Nhl futures, but paid a couple odd ones that were probably mistakes: Carolina to win Division at +425, Ducks over 80.5 points.
Still waiting on 5Dimes to decide. All pending.
NhlNut is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online