Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sports Betting Discussions related to wagering on sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #176
CHRONICFEVER
Goes hard in the paint
 
CHRONICFEVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13,405
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob View Post
No, that is not what he means. He does not believe BrianL to be a winning bettor at all...and certainly not as much as Brian says he is.

But according to Brian, Iowa is 11-12-1 of late...so I guess Iowa's observation becomes irrelevant because of that.



Seriously, Brian, I've warned you about really bad sample-size nonsense as evidence one way or another in your attempt to argue your point. When you say that you sound like an idiot. Your goal on here should be to sound like less of an idiot.
lmao , again microbob gets all emotional again
Brian's been posting on forums for 5+ years and knows his **** when it comes to baseball
CHRONICFEVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #177
DodgerIrish
Fraudulent Zodiac
 
DodgerIrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Devoted to the uncoated
Posts: 26,693
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b590 View Post
(youtube)(/youtube)

Irony, how does it work?
DodgerIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #178
BrianL
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 265
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob View Post
But according to Brian, Iowa is 11-12-1 of late...so I guess Iowa's observation becomes irrelevant because of that.



Seriously, Brian, I've warned you about really bad sample-size nonsense as evidence one way or another in your attempt to argue your point. When you say that you sound like an idiot. Your goal on here should be to sound like less of an idiot.
All I'm saying is that I have never seen Iowa post any kind of consistent winnings.... as a matter of fact, I've never seen him post anything except for criticism.

I don't really give a **** if a select few on 2p2 think I'm an idiot. You guys think anyone who doesn't see your one way point of view as right is an idiot. It looks to me like 3-4 people here think I'm an idiot, and thats 100% fine with me.


The fact that he said because I'm off the market off of 2% is why I will never win says more about his lack of truly understanding the sports betting world then anything. It shows that you guys have a hell of a lot more to learn about actually capping, then I have to learn about the statistics of it.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #179
MicroBob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MicroBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 61,580
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Chronic - Dude. You are so wrong. He knows EVERYTHING. He just said so.



(and can you just learn to read already please...I'm tired of you being wrong about my posts all the time)
MicroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #180
ledoutwbottomset
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,439
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa! View Post
No. I think he will lose $ going forward over the long run if he doesn't improve. I went out of my way to point this out in the other thread so that people wouldn't lose money following him. Apparently this makes me a bad guy.
Everyone is entitled to there opinion. As I mentioned earlier. A lot of you said the same thing about JDWARRIORS. We had a long swingy season, but at the end of the day we all made ALOT of money. And I bet over 300 of his games. If I lose betting brians games. No big deal. If he does lose. I would have probably lost even more on my own.
ledoutwbottomset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #181
Poogs
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,501
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Everyone here is either an idiot(^) or a miserable *******.

Being both is where its at.
Poogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #182
MicroBob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MicroBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 61,580
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Brian - It doesn't show any of that at all actually.

If that's ALL you're saying then stop with the crappy 11-12-1 stuff that nobody cares about and really DOES make you look like an idiot. You have some arguments in your other claims (whether I agree with them or not) but the whole, "you're 11-12-1, so you aren't even a winner" is the stupidest thing you could ever say in that spot.

Seriously, you could come back with "DSKJVSKHGW#$OTJWES)I$@#%I#$WR)SBI" and that would be a more intelligent argument than "According to you... I must be the luckiest human being of all time.

And I take it you are just the unluckiest since your record for the "Best Bets" is:

Iowa! 11-12-1 -1.69"



But I'm more curious about this whole bit about you knowing everything there is know about baseball handicapping. Can you please elaborate? I was not aware we had somebody on our forum who actually knows EVERYTHING there is to know about it. Everything is kind of a lot. This is a pretty big deal for us.
MicroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #183
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,774
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob View Post
wiper - We were talking about Iowa!'s tone. It's the topic you brought up. I was kind of addressing a few of your different points from your post and I skipped from the Brian thing to your observation when you told me he shouldn't have to be "all mister" about it because that's not how this forum is. I was saying that it's not okay for him to come at me with the "worthless, clueless" stuff.
ahh.
wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #184
ledoutwbottomset
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,439
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poogs View Post
Everyone here is either an idiot(^) or a miserable *******.

Being both is where its at.
You are all right in my book poogs. I like the fact that your going to ship the 1k to Chronic. Even though you realize your drawing pretty thin.
ledoutwbottomset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #185
BrianL
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 265
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob View Post

But I'm more curious about this whole bit about you knowing everything there is know about baseball handicapping. Can you please elaborate? I was not aware we had somebody on our forum who actually knows EVERYTHING there is to know about it. Everything is kind of a lot. This is a pretty big deal for us.
LMAO.

I exaggerated... OMG. Can't believe it. No one's ever done that before.

Why are you even the mod in a sports betting forum? What exactly do you do? Do you even know anything about it? Do you even bet?

Leave the back and forth between me and Iowa.... stay the **** out of it and if one of us threatens each other, then ban us. Otherwise... GTFO.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #186
B00T
Pooh-Bah
 
B00T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,246
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Did you not read the thread?

I was told to post all my picks on Pinnacle's # at the time of my post.

I make many different bets at different sportsbooks at different times.

Today... At the time I posted, I posted Rangers/Sox Over 9 at +102.... I bet it at Over 8.5 on Heritage this morning, before I had time to post my official plays for the day.

What you had for #'s were so different then what I actually bet that you have no idea what I got vs. an efficient #.


But besides that... You have this notion that you can't beat the books without beating the #... Some people know how to cap games... some people don't have a clue, but rely solely on arbing. I know everything there is know about capping an MLB game, and its why I have been so successful over the years despite not always having the best lines available.
Cinch is back. I swear.
B00T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #187
CHRONICFEVER
Goes hard in the paint
 
CHRONICFEVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13,405
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledoutwbottomset View Post
You are all right in my book poogs. I like the fact that your going to ship the 1k to Chronic. Even though you realize your drawing pretty thin.
looong way to go for the bet imo, I do like my chances though


p.s. wooooooooooo Brian!!!
CHRONICFEVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #188
HolidayInTheSun
old hand
 
HolidayInTheSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,299
The whole BrianL thing is so much more awesome cause he is confirmed real. It's like LuketheSharp but better
HolidayInTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #189
B00T
Pooh-Bah
 
B00T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,246
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledoutwbottomset View Post
You are all right in my book poogs. I like the fact that your going to ship the 1k to Chronic. Even though you realize your drawing pretty thin.
He was drawing extremely thin before he even made the bet. Of course being a mental midget, he couldn't see that and decided to piss his money away anyway.

The best part is, it has nothing to do with BrianL's ability as a sports bettor.
B00T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #190
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,774
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

bob in practice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob View Post
Seriously, Brian, I've warned you about really bad sample-size nonsense as evidence one way or another in your attempt to argue your point. When you say that you sound like an idiot. Your goal on here should be to sound like less of an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob View Post
Holy crap. Really? That's amazing. Like everything?

I'm guessing nobody else is able to say that. I didn't even think that was possible to be honest.
bob in theory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob View Post
I'm sorry you think it's okay to dispute a decision by saying, "you are worthless and clueless and you suck and blah blah blah" but it just isn't. Not in here and not anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob View Post
I throw out a few reminders about tone every once in awhile because, I guess, that's my thing somewhat.
wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #191
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,774
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerIrish View Post
(youtube)(/youtube)

Irony, how does it work?
one for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolidayInTheSun View Post
The whole BrianL thing is so much more awesome cause he is confirmed real. It's like LuketheSharp but better
and one for you:
wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #192
Poogs
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,501
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

"Originally Posted by ledoutwbottomset
'You are all right in my book poogs. I like the fact that your going to ship the 1k to Chronic. Even though you realize your drawing pretty thin.'

He was drawing extremely thin before he even made the bet. Of course being a mental midget, he couldn't see that and decided to piss his money away anyway.


The best part is, it has nothing to do with BrianL's ability as a sports bettor."

I value my pride and name at an amount over one thousand USD

I made a claim...got called...and will pay if I lose.

I know thats not really the norm around here but hey its how I roll.



Now I have to go meet my girl for drinks...think Ill take the harley its such a nice night out. And since I learned how to be a professional sports bettor from people who seem to hate me (thanks guys!) I dont EVER have to get up in the morning!!

Get off the computer...theres a world out there.
Poogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #193
DodgerIrish
Fraudulent Zodiac
 
DodgerIrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Devoted to the uncoated
Posts: 26,693
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00T View Post
Cinch is back. I swear.
O that would make me happy, he's the only guy I've ever engaged in here.

Do you not see?!?!? Can you not see the rubrix of my cube, I did not bet MSU to win the title this year. Does this blow your mind B00t? What is the rote # of me knowing that last year would not be the year of Girardi? They said the same of Bobby Fischer but he showed them who knows their history

Quote:
I claimed a knack for identifying when the generic number is not describing a situation, not "knowing the way things are." But since you mentioned it, the way things are - or appear to be to me - is that this is not a classical universe yet the blind insistence on here is that it is. "Can't be punched up on my calculator...doesn't exist."

Observation and awareness of observation changes things in this non-classical universe, and that's why I don't divulge.
DodgerIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #194
MicroBob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MicroBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 61,580
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

wiper - Can you seriously not see the difference in the nastiness level.

Right now, at this very moment, Brian is being nastier to me than vice-versa. Not horribly so. But you are kind of looking for things that aren't there. And he is being way more stupidly bragging than is warranted...in pretty much any situation actually.

Brian makes the 11-12-1 argument, which is idiotic, and so I tell him that. And it's about the 5th time in like 10 days he has done that. As well as the whole, "I know everything" bit.


Brian - I can post too if I want. If you want your discussion with you Iowa! to be just between you and Iowa! then there is a private-message mechanism for that. You are posting publicly. I get to post publicly too.

If you say something that I think is incorrect or an invalid argument then I am going to say so. I get to do this whether I am a mod or a regular poster.

Recommendation, if you don't really know "everything" there is to know about something then don't use that idea as a means to attempt to win an argument. Again, it is not just ineffective...it is actually counterproductive to your goal of attempting to garner respect and/or convey intelligence.

Recommendation 2, Calm down.
MicroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #195
BrianL
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 265
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Am I wrong though? I have very limited access to Pinnacle lines as I live in the US... but for the contest, they wanted me to post my lines at the time of posting on Pinnacle. But if you look at SBROdds, or SportsOptions (which is what I use), Heritage and Pinnacle NEVER have the same lines. I sometimes get much better lines at Heritage as they are slower to move.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #196
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,774
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob View Post

Brian - I can post too if I want.


man this thread since this afternoon is 100% pure columbian awesome.

don't take that **** MB, you gonna let him get away with that?? you gonna let that ****ing punk get away with that? what is this world coming too??!?

wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #197
DodgerIrish
Fraudulent Zodiac
 
DodgerIrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Devoted to the uncoated
Posts: 26,693
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
I sometimes get much better lines at Heritage as they are slower to move.
Do you cap, chase steam or combo?
DodgerIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #198
greg nice
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
greg nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,880
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob View Post

Right now, at this very moment, Brian is being nastier to me than vice-versa.
lol, no.
greg nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #199
DodgerIrish
Fraudulent Zodiac
 
DodgerIrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Devoted to the uncoated
Posts: 26,693
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

So I've been sitting here, drinking ... thinking. Question keeps bouncing around in my head. Over and over.

Between MB and BrianL. Who's Fratello and who's Ian Eagle???

DodgerIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #200
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,774
Re: April - June LC Thread: Good old country hardball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Am I wrong though? I have very limited access to Pinnacle lines as I live in the US... but for the contest, they wanted me to post my lines at the time of posting on Pinnacle. But if you look at SBROdds, or SportsOptions (which is what I use), Heritage and Pinnacle NEVER have the same lines. I sometimes get much better lines at Heritage as they are slower to move.
i will say that i'm tracking all of your lines daily, and you are very precise. not even a hint of any off numbers other than pinny v heritage.

though i have you at +16.41 up to tonight's games, which i think is a tenth higher than yours. *shrug*
wiper is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive