Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Small Stakes PL Omaha Discussion of 1/2 and below pot-limit Omaha poker

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #301
Margin Of Error
banned
 
Margin Of Error's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,476
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

calling the 4-bet is prolly standard but I don't like the 3-bet much vs. nitty villain OOP .
Margin Of Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #302
ide
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 43
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margin Of Error View Post
calling the 4-bet is prolly standard but I don't like the 3-bet much vs. nitty villain OOP .
i like to have initiative when i am oop this deep, allows me to do more things..

thank you both for your time and help.
ide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #303
2+2=5
Pooh-Bah
 
2+2=5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: mayones1!!!!!1!111!!!!!!
Posts: 3,509
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

turn, just call? no reason to shove?

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

Hero (BTN/SB): $100.00
BB: $216.95

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN/SB with 4 6 8 Q
Hero raises to $3, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6.00) 7 5 A (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB calls $4

Turn: ($14.00) 2 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $12, BB raises to $41.50, Hero calls $29.50

River: ($97.00) Q (2 players)
BB bets $51, Hero folds


correct fold?
Poker Stars $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

Hero (BB): $108.20
BTN/SB: $265.45

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with 8 T Q A
BTN/SB raises to $2, Hero raises to $6, BTN/SB calls $4

Flop: ($12.00) 5 T A (2 players)
Hero bets $8, BTN/SB calls $8

Turn: ($28.00) 8 (2 players)
Hero bets $25, BTN/SB calls $25

River: ($78.00) 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $51, Hero folds

also good fold? just aint see him betting this turn with worst flush ever when the board pairs, his gona check back all of the flushes right? if his bluffing here he basically musted call flop c-bet with complete air. i was c-betting 100% in 3bet pots, so my flop c-bet doesnt mean a lot for him i think and he peels here with 2pair all the time.

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

Hero (BB): $101.50
BTN/SB: $215.10

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with K T Q T
BTN/SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $9, BTN/SB calls $6

Flop: ($18.00) 9 8 6 (2 players)
Hero bets $14, BTN/SB calls $14

Turn: ($46.00) 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $23, Hero folds
2+2=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:57 AM   #304
jd_poker
Pooh-Bah
 
jd_poker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: in your head
Posts: 3,760
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ide View Post
i like to have initiative when i am oop this deep, allows me to do more things..

thank you both for your time and help.
If he has AA** most of the time, and you expect him to mostly 4-bet AA**, you will rarely get initiative when you want it most. It seems to me that with this hand your iniative will be most valauble versus AA**, which will always 4-bet you, so your reasoning may need re evaluaation.
jd_poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #305
zolih
journeyman
 
zolih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hungary
Posts: 330
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

1.
villain is 64/29 raise cbet 20% wtsd 38%
he didnt lost a single pot. calling reraises w/ 5534r hitting boats vs trips..etc running hot.

I was completley card dead in the last 50-60hand. so he view me as passiv


$0.5/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
FullTiltPoker
6 Players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG ($99.75)
UTG+1 ($78.25)
CO ($21)
BTN ($129.10)
Hero (SB) ($102)
BB ($13.75)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is SB A A J 7
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $1, 1 fold, BTN raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $15.50, 1 fold, UTG+1 folds, BTN calls $11

Flop: 8 Q K ($33, 2 players)
Hero bets $24, BTN raises to $105, Hero calls $62.50

spewy? I need 30% to be +EV. vs a range of set,2pair,combodraw I have 22%, but if we add K*** then equity goes up to 49%.
c/c and push any blank turn is better? or cr?




2. btn is a reg with typical tag stats 26/22 AQ 32 500hand, but now he is folded a bunch preflop so he plays a little passiv. I am the same. sb is donk 40/8.

$0.5/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
FullTiltPoker
6 Players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG ($116.60)
UTG+1 ($102.15)
Hero (CO) ($100.40)
BTN ($165.35)
SB ($100)
BB ($100)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is CO 7 8 10 5
2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, SB calls $3, 1 fold

Flop: 4 5 A ($11.50, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $9, BTN calls $9, SB calls $9

Turn: K ($38.50, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

River: 6 ($38.50, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $22, SB folds, Hero calls $22 ?????????

in holdem I instacall. but in plo... I dunno.. I beat only 67** as bustedbluff. the other hands like a*** would take the showdown for free.

Last edited by zolih; 09-18-2009 at 08:56 AM.
zolih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #306
2+2=5
Pooh-Bah
 
2+2=5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: mayones1!!!!!1!111!!!!!!
Posts: 3,509
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

standard?

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

Hero (BB): $147.20
BTN/SB: $125.80

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with 4 7 A T
BTN/SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $9, BTN/SB calls $6

Flop: ($18.00) T 3 K (2 players)
Hero bets $14, BTN/SB raises to $46, Hero raises to $138.20 all in, BTN/SB calls $70.80 all in

Turn: ($251.60) A (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($251.60) 5 (2 players - 2 are all in)
2+2=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #307
Spurious
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Spurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 18,508
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

Yeah I dont mind it, you got a BDFD, a BDSD, nut clubs and probably some two pair and trips outs.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #308
2+2=5
Pooh-Bah
 
2+2=5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: mayones1!!!!!1!111!!!!!!
Posts: 3,509
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolih View Post
1.
villain is 64/29 raise cbet 20% wtsd 38%
he didnt lost a single pot. calling reraises w/ 5534r hitting boats vs trips..etc running hot.

I was completley card dead in the last 50-60hand. so he view me as passiv


$0.5/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
FullTiltPoker
6 Players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG ($99.75)
UTG+1 ($78.25)
CO ($21)
BTN ($129.10)
Hero (SB) ($102)
BB ($13.75)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is SB A A J 7
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $1, 1 fold, BTN raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $15.50, 1 fold, UTG+1 folds, BTN calls $11

Flop: 8 Q K ($33, 2 players)
Hero bets $24, BTN raises to $105, Hero calls $62.50

spewy? I need 30% to be +EV. vs a range of set,2pair,combodraw I have 22%, but if we add K*** then equity goes up to 49%.
c/c and push any blank turn is better? or cr?




2. btn is a reg with typical tag stats 26/22 AQ 32 500hand, but now he is folded a bunch preflop so he plays a little passiv. I am the same. sb is donk 40/8.

$0.5/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
FullTiltPoker
6 Players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG ($116.60)
UTG+1 ($102.15)
Hero (CO) ($100.40)
BTN ($165.35)
SB ($100)
BB ($100)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is CO 7 8 10 5
2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, SB calls $3, 1 fold

Flop: 4 5 A ($11.50, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $9, BTN calls $9, SB calls $9

Turn: K ($38.50, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

River: 6 ($38.50, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $22, SB folds, Hero calls $22 ?????????

in holdem I instacall. but in plo... I dunno.. I beat only 67** as bustedbluff. the other hands like a*** would take the showdown for free.
i'm not sure about hand 1, it sux folding after you c-bet flop, but i dont know.
hand 2 is a fold.
2+2=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #309
2+2=5
Pooh-Bah
 
2+2=5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: mayones1!!!!!1!111!!!!!!
Posts: 3,509
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurious View Post
Yeah I dont mind it, you got a BDFD, a BDSD, nut clubs and probably some two pair and trips outs.
thx
2+2=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:11 AM   #310
divaaa
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 45
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2=5 View Post
standard?

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

Hero (BB): $147.20
BTN/SB: $125.80

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with 4 7 A T
BTN/SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $9, BTN/SB calls $6

Flop: ($18.00) T 3 K (2 players)
Hero bets $14, BTN/SB raises to $46, Hero raises to $138.20 all in, BTN/SB calls $70.80 all in

Turn: ($251.60) A (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($251.60) 5 (2 players - 2 are all in)
Total no brainer. Stop thinking about these spots because if you're going to bet / fold a pair and the nut flush draw 125bbs deep in a 3-bet pot, you're not going to fare well in the long run.
divaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #311
Mig
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Flopping like a sucker
Posts: 2,895
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

Dude is a 60/30 fish who goes to showdown an astonishing 33% of the time for his past 100 hands.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
PL Omaha $2(BB) Poker Stars
SB ($282)
BB ($207)
UTG ($368)
UTG+1 ($147)
CO ($466)
Hero ($209)

Dealt to Hero 3 A K 2

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $6, SB calls $5, BB calls $4

FLOP ($18) 2 5 K

SB bets $12, BB folds, Hero calls $12

TURN ($42) 2 5 K J

SB bets $39.95, Hero calls $39.95

RIVER ($121) 2 5 K J 6

SB bets $50, Hero calls ??
Mig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #312
gavz101
veteran
 
gavz101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Committing ICM suicide
Posts: 3,453
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

I fold the turn probably
gavz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #313
warmachine
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 289
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

PLO200 Dbl GS + Low FD + Pr vs. C-bet

Villian is a semi-reg with 29/6/2.7 . Flop bet looks like a standard c-bet so ... I think stack sizes determine the decision here.

PL Omaha $2(BB)
SB ($134)
Hero ($197)
UTG ($113)
UTG+1 ($200)
CO ($222)
BTN ($275)

Dealt to Hero 7 6 8 6

UTG raises to $6, fold, fold, BTN calls $6, fold, Hero calls $4

FLOP ($19) T 7 4

Hero checks, UTG bets $18, BTN folds, Hero ? (effective stacks are 50bb)

Thanks,
wm

Last edited by warmachine; 09-19-2009 at 03:36 PM.
warmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #314
IcarusJam
Pooh-Bah
 
IcarusJam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Marshstomp sparkles
Posts: 5,140
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

^ shove
IcarusJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #315
ChilledPokers
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 261
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

villain plays 70/25 over 90hands
34% WTSD
Aggression Freq Flop 32% Turn 34% River 24%

I expect him to have 78 a lot and sometimes 7J and don't see him potting worse hands on R than mine.

R-fold ok?


Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BTN: $12.10
SB: $14.10
Hero (BB): $19.40
UTG: $10.00
CO: $22.20

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 3 Q 5 5
1 fold, CO calls $0.10, 1 fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.30) 7 7 5 (3 players)
SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, CO folds, SB calls $0.90

Turn: ($2.70) J (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $2.60, SB calls $2.60

River: ($7.90) 8 (2 players)
SB bets $7.55, Hero folds
ChilledPokers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #316
shoobri
journeyman
 
shoobri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: London
Posts: 333
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

I'm never sure about playing top set on board which has a flush draw, as when ever I do the only thing I remember is the flush hitting and the board not pairing.

Is it correct play to jam the flop (as below) and charge Villain the max to draw or wait for a safe turn before commiting?

SB is 34/6/.8 0 3-bet
BB is 18/13/5 10% 3-bet

Party Poker $100.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BTN: $261.49
SB: $83.50
BB: $136.93
UTG: $94.99
Hero (MP): $100.00
CO: $182.55

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is MP with 8 J J 9
1 fold, Hero raises to $3, 2 folds, SB calls $2.50, BB calls $2

Flop: ($9.00) J 6 8 (3 players)
SB bets $8.55, BB raises to $27.10, Hero raises to $97, SB calls $71.95 all in, BB calls $69.90
shoobri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #317
2+2=5
Pooh-Bah
 
2+2=5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: mayones1!!!!!1!111!!!!!!
Posts: 3,509
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

mo point to wait safe turn 100bbs deep, just ship it.
2+2=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:15 AM   #318
realmaniac
banned
 
realmaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: villain depending
Posts: 1,755
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

IPoker Network $100.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

UTG: $307.56
CO: $134.15
Hero (BTN): $299.32
SB: $99.00
BB: $20.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with 9 9 5 6
1 fold, CO calls $1, Hero raises to $4.50, 2 folds, CO calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.50) 3 9 A (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $8.00, CO raises to $34.50, Hero calls $26.50

Turn: ($79.50) 2 (2 players)
CO bets $79.50, Hero folds

Final Pot: $79.50
CO wins $76.50
(Rake: $3.00)

wp? villain is 22/15/2.6 over 230 hands
realmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #319
kolotoure
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kolotoure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In A Perry Groves World
Posts: 15,863
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

i'm never folding but i'm a huge station. Does a 22/155 rly open limp/call AAxx in the CO?
kolotoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #320
IBETUFOLD33
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: PLO4 reg
Posts: 2,902
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolotoure View Post
i'm never folding but i'm a huge station. Does a 22/15 rly open limp/call AAxx in the CO?
FYP, and no. 22/15 is pretty damn agressive pre, and def opening any and every AA in the CO, every single time. If for whatever reason he did limp it, he would prob 3-bet. Given preflop, a 22/15 can never have aces here, this is A+NFD(most likely aces up or like Ad33Xd).


Sorry, terrible fold.



Additonaly, if you do feel like you need to make a hero fold in this kind of spot, try to do it on the flop.

Last edited by IBETUFOLD33; 09-20-2009 at 09:27 AM. Reason: .
IBETUFOLD33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #321
realmaniac
banned
 
realmaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: villain depending
Posts: 1,755
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

i just couldnt see him doing that with 33 or being that aggressive with the nfd. would be just a little out of the line.... as would it be to kinda trap me preflop with aces. i just played about 200 additional hands with him today and his stats are now @ 24/7/2.2 so im not that sure about it.

but i think i should have shiped the flop anyway
realmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #322
jwc529
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,112
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

I limp/c with AA every now and then since it seems better than limp/rr full stacked but never unopened from the CO.
you had the nuts on flop, u might have gotten unlucky on turn by 6542 w/ diamonds but I think u have to go with it
jwc529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #323
jd_poker
Pooh-Bah
 
jd_poker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: in your head
Posts: 3,760
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

gotta take that to showdown, if he has AA make a note but tbh that is something like 4578ds or Ad9*d* every time
jd_poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #324
BananaBalla
Pooh-Bah
 
BananaBalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,642
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmaniac View Post
IPoker Network $100.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

UTG: $307.56
CO: $134.15
Hero (BTN): $299.32
SB: $99.00
BB: $20.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with 9 9 5 6
1 fold, CO calls $1, Hero raises to $4.50, 2 folds, CO calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.50) 3 9 A (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $8.00, CO raises to $34.50, Hero calls $26.50

Turn: ($79.50) 2 (2 players)
CO bets $79.50, Hero folds

Final Pot: $79.50
CO wins $76.50
(Rake: $3.00)

wp? villain is 22/15/2.6 over 230 hands
ship the flop, or fold if you really think he has Aces. no point in calling the flop and then folding turn

also dun like preflop, that hand is crap
BananaBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:59 PM   #325
realmaniac
banned
 
realmaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: villain depending
Posts: 1,755
Re: *~* Quick Checkup Thread - PLO flavour *~*

its profitable to open a lot from the button at these tables. ofc it was for stealing purposes with this hand.

i just thought i could get more information on the turn as i was ip. also regarding he had still 100bb behind
realmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online