Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Televised Poker Discussions about televised poker shows of all kinds including the World Poker Tour, NAPT, WSOP, Poker After Dark and High Stakes Poker.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2017, 06:16 AM   #1
HellmuthBoy
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 21
The Poker Guys Youtube channel

hello can someone suggest to the Poker Guys to break down hand between David Baker and Eric Hellman from the WSOP 2012 Main Event.

It is a bluff vs bluff hand. Hellman wins with a monster river bluff and shows.

It is also blind vs blind

Please help me this hand I need to see what they are thinking. I am playing the main event and I do not have any strategy for blind vs blind. I don't know how to play blind vs blind. If it folds around I usually just fold the small blind cause I don't want to get mixed up in a hand out of position and no idea of opponent range.

I need to hear expert analysis . PLEASE. I do not want to piss away 10K of my family money. Have like 50 people giving me $100 bucks each as a birthday present.
HellmuthBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:55 AM   #2
SrslySirius
Animated Character
 
SrslySirius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,352
Re: The Poker Guys Youtube channel

Quote:
If it folds around I usually just fold the small blind cause I don't want to get mixed up in a hand out of position and no idea of opponent range.
This sounds fundamentally solid, OP. You can't lose what you don't put in the middle!
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:00 AM   #3
HorsePower
enthusiast
 
HorsePower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 73
Re: The Poker Guys Youtube channel

Quality thread here.
HorsePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:15 AM   #4
N O P E Z
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 14
Re: The Poker Guys Youtube channel

Actually I don't think "the poker guys" are that good, try asking someone like alec torelli, Kidpoker or Doug Polk.

Here's my take on the hand (BvB isn't my specialty so take this with a grain of salt)

Preflop: standard open and call (could throw in a 3bet sometimes)

Flop: Standard cbet from Baker because he can rep hands like AA, KK, AK and some middle pairs better than his opponent since he would 3bet those preflop most of the times.

Turn: now this is where baker gets tricky and I think I know why. He goes for the checkraise because he doesn't block any flushdraws and his opponent is less likely to have K9 and KT which would call the checkraise. Also if his opponent calls and river is a spade he can represent flushdraw and go all in and make him fold better hands.

River: he now doesn't block any flushdraws so he fires the river barrel hoping for a fold. Hellman can't really call and has to bluff some % of time so he decided to do it now (probably used some kind of a randomiser).
N O P E Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:30 AM   #5
jacobite barnes
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 140
Re: The Poker Guys Youtube channel

pics or GTFO!!!
jacobite barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:58 AM   #6
TreadLightly
old hand
 
TreadLightly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Braving the cold known as Canadia
Posts: 1,720
Re: The Poker Guys Youtube channel

Were your BBV threads not getting enough attention?
TreadLightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:08 AM   #7
Lemon93PCTSure
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 309
Re: The Poker Guys Youtube channel

They still make videos :O
Lemon93PCTSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:20 AM   #8
Gzesh
adept
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 1,160
Re: The Poker Guys Youtube channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellmuthBoy View Post
hello...

I need to hear expert analysis . PLEASE. I do not want to piss away 10K of my family money. Have like 50 people giving me $100 bucks each as a birthday present.
Expert analysis: You are not ready to play the Main Event. Pocket the $10K birthday gelt, write each of the nice people a personal thank you note, and make next year a goal.

If you can hold on to that $10K for a year, while you learn something about your skill-set, then you might be ready in 2018.
Gzesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:34 AM   #9
squire1888
old hand
 
squire1888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: scotland
Posts: 1,665
Re: The Poker Guys Youtube channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellmuthBoy View Post
hello can someone suggest to the Poker Guys to break down hand between David Baker and Eric Hellman from the WSOP 2012 Main Event.

It is a bluff vs bluff hand. Hellman wins with a monster river bluff and shows.

It is also blind vs blind

Please help me this hand I need to see what they are thinking. I am playing the main event and I do not have any strategy for blind vs blind. I don't know how to play blind vs blind. If it folds around I usually just fold the small blind cause I don't want to get mixed up in a hand out of position and no idea of opponent range.

I need to hear expert analysis . PLEASE. I do not want to piss away 10K of my family money. Have like 50 people giving me $100 bucks each as a birthday present.
and this is why people can charge 2.5 mark up for the main lol GLGL
squire1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:41 AM   #10
Tutejszy
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,756
Re: The Poker Guys Youtube channel

I wouldn't pay 2.5 mu on OP's ME. 2.4, maybe, but 2.5 seems like a stretch.
Tutejszy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:45 PM   #11
Utah_CUtiger
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 927
Re: The Poker Guys Youtube channel

you can't tweet it at them yourself?
Utah_CUtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:49 PM   #12
HellmuthBoy
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 21
Re: The Poker Guys Youtube channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzesh View Post
Expert analysis: You are not ready to play the Main Event. Pocket the $10K birthday gelt, write each of the nice people a personal thank you note, and make next year a goal.

If you can hold on to that $10K for a year, while you learn something about your skill-set, then you might be ready in 2018.
I posted some hands in BBV to try to look cool and fit in here but they weren't real.

No in reality I have played at Foxwoods a few tourneys the past few months to get ready. I am 2 for 5 cashing. Both are min cashes.

But I think I'm ready because I read Hellmuth book and Dan Harrington on holdem. I've watched every main event. And I watch all the Polk videos and Negreanu and Poker Guys.

I think I can be okay for one reason only because of the structure. I am going to play super tight and never play a big pot unless I have two pair or better, combo draw or better.

Even with overpair I will only keep small pots. No big pots unless I have nuts, nuts draw, or almost the nuts (like top 2 pair).

And I am never going to call out of position to 3 bet without a very strong hand. I must stay in position.

And at Foxwoods I was almost 4/5 cashing. My tight style never grows me a big stack but I don't get knocked out early either. But I think in the main event this helps me more. I have studied it and seen that on day 4 is the cash and that some stacks that cash are almost as low as the starting stack. All I need to do is cooler a few people, double up twice and then sit on my stack a few days.
HellmuthBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:04 PM   #13
Gzesh
adept
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 1,160
Re: The Poker Guys Youtube channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellmuthBoy View Post
I posted some hands in BBV to try to look cool and fit in here but they weren't real. ...


I think I can be okay for one reason only because ....



All I need to do is cooler a few people, double up twice and then sit on my stack a few days.
"Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

-- Mike Tyson
Gzesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:24 PM   #14
mkrusenews
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 84
Re: The Poker Guys Youtube channel

Can't tell if trolling or serious
mkrusenews is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online