Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Televised Poker Discussions about televised poker shows of all kinds including the World Poker Tour, NAPT, WSOP, Poker After Dark and High Stakes Poker.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2017, 03:40 AM   #51
chytry
veteran
 
chytry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,897
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

needs improvements like +-30 sec rewind/ff, ability to save favourites and time stamp.
But it's good overall with flawless live streaming in Europe.
chytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #52
KramerTM
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KramerTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 315th at 2009 WSOP ME
Posts: 9,580
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Are the archived episodes on Pokergo only the Pokergo ones? Or do they also archive the ESPN broadcasts as well?

If just the Pokergo ones, are the ESPN ones archived anywhere? ESPN doesn't seem to be re-running them

Edit: Nevermind! Got it (WatchESPN)

Last edited by KramerTM; 07-14-2017 at 11:15 AM. Reason: edit: Answered my own question. ESPN archives avail on WatchESPN
KramerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:03 PM   #53
grenzen
veteran
 
grenzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,355
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

6 p.m. to 3 a.m. sunday

That's what I'm talking about
grenzen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:20 AM   #54
David123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
David123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Switching to pulsating light
Posts: 8,795
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

ler le get this straight. one doesnt egen get all the coverage? i live in Sweden and obv cant stream everything live.
David123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:58 AM   #55
9hilikeabos
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 108
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

New Poker After Dark and the Aria High Roller Series make it a snap call to stay subscribed after the WSOP
9hilikeabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #56
davish123
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 5
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Usually takes me about 45 seconds to find a free stream for anything they have going on Twitch
davish123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:31 AM   #57
9hilikeabos
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 108
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

None of this will be on twitch
9hilikeabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #58
inmyrav
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vanilla Unicorn
Posts: 571
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Despite the shortcomings of the coverage thus far I will remain subscribed. The potential subscriber base is pretty small if I get the economics of this. I hope they are responsive to what their audience wants, and what we don't want, to be watching and to be paying for.
inmyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #59
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,984
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9hilikeabos View Post
None of this will be on twitch
Everything they had so far made it to twitch. Same as every GoT episode makes it to the torrent sites. Obv. not good for PokerGo but so far they haven't tried to stop it, at least not very hard.
madlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:40 PM   #60
refinedsugar
grinder
 
refinedsugar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 532
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Stuff was being pulled from YT as early as last week, maybe they gave up...?
refinedsugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:51 PM   #61
grenzen
veteran
 
grenzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,355
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

I'd like to hear some table talk when possible.
grenzen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #62
ZeckoRiver
Pooh-Bah
 
ZeckoRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Check raising stupid tourists
Posts: 5,424
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Peopes posted the wsop main and gopro deleted a few because of infringement actually 3 but the rest where up so **** go pro.
ZeckoRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:04 PM   #63
Slam254
journeyman
 
Slam254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 510
Posts: 321
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

I paid $89 for the year. The High Roller was great. The Seniors final table was great. The $10K PLO final table was great. The Main Event coverage has been outstanding.

The commentators are good, even though Norman Chad needs to stop joking about how many times he's been married; it's not funny anymore. Lon is great; Kara, Polk, etc are good on the desk. Joe Stapleton's comic bits are mostly funny. Agree about Max Steinberg lisp, but I am a big fan of his, so I roll with it. Antonio E. is superb, he is the boss. I like all the down time they talk about random crap, it's entertaining and I like the unscripted feel. I LOVE that there are no ads; that's the whole point of a pay channel.

In terms of technology, it's not great. I wish I could hit pause after watching for an hour and resume later, but on my Roku box, I cannot. The picture gets blurry sometimes. They have to work that stuff out if they want to survive but for now I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Bottom Line: I acknowledge all the negatives stated in these comments, but I like it.
Slam254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #64
raradevils
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
raradevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: waiting NJ to add more states
Posts: 7,809
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmyrav View Post
Despite the shortcomings of the coverage thus far I will remain subscribed. The potential subscriber base is pretty small if I get the economics of this. I hope they are responsive to what their audience wants, and what we don't want, to be watching and to be paying for.
Nick Schulman's commentary makes it worth the money imo.
raradevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #65
grenzen
veteran
 
grenzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,355
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Quote:
Originally Posted by raradevils View Post
Nick Schulman's commentary makes it worth the money imo.
Yes +10, in the commercial free format, in real time, very educational..
grenzen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #66
Poker Clif
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muskegon, Michigan, USA
Posts: 5,251
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmoe92 View Post
yeah because the people playing a 300k need the money
they should drop that ****ing expensive 10 bucks a month thing
i can get netflix for 10 bucks and there is 100000x times the content on
My minor is in economics. I'm going to wear that hat.

Whenever I read something like this I think about how selective our jealousies are. You probably don't mind watching an NFL quarterback or movie actor that makes millions every year. Why shouldn't an actor, athlete, business owner or poker player go out and make all that he can? If someone is willing to pay that person, what's the problem? Lebron James said that he plans to be a billionaire, and there wasn't much negative commentary about that.

In a market economy, we are all free to try to make millions (or billions), or to be satisfied with much less. In a market economy, people are able to decide how much they are willing to pay for cable TV or for a ticket to a football game to watch Tom Brady throw passes. We can decide whether to pay for HBO to watch Tom Hanks in a movie or how much we are willing to pay for a movie ticket.

Poker Go can show whatever they want, whenever they want, and charge whatever they want--and we are free to say no. From what I've read in this thread and elsewhere it appears that a lot of people in this thread are ready to do just that. Poker Go will then have two choices--adapt or die. It won't take long for the market to figure it out and we'll get the poker content that we want, from Poker Go and/or other sources.

Last edited by Poker Clif; 07-22-2017 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity. No significant content change.
Poker Clif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #67
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,984
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker Clif View Post
Poker Go will then have two choices--adapt or die. It won't take long for the market to figure it out and we'll get the poker content that we want, from Poker Go and/or other sources.
Everything in your post is true, except for the quoted part. There is absolutely no reason in non-theoretical scenarios why consumers in a market economy will eventually get the product they want. People can 'vote with their feet' to make a product fail but that doesn't mean that a failed product will be replaced by a product that satisfies customers.

In some markets, a product gets discontinued (see the Concorde supersonic jet 15 years ago) and businesses start working on a replacement, in others a product disappears and stays gone even though there is demand for a successor.

In ~20 years of televised poker, consumers never got a product that made them truly happy and there is no indication that might change in the future. The deciding factor is if a product can make both consumers and providers happy and there's no guarantee for that to happen. So maybe PokerGo fails and nobody will ever try again to offer a service like that because the business model just isn't there.

One thing is sure: the poker market is so small that people not willing to pay $10/month is not a good thing for the content provider. That's the difference to Netflix. The latter probably just cracked 100 million subscribers while PokerGo caters to a very niche market.

[my M.Sc. is in business]
madlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:48 AM   #68
Poker Clif
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muskegon, Michigan, USA
Posts: 5,251
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlex View Post
Everything in your post is true, except for the quoted part. There is absolutely no reason in non-theoretical scenarios why consumers in a market economy will eventually get the product they want. People can 'vote with their feet' to make a product fail but that doesn't mean that a failed product will be replaced by a product that satisfies customers.

In some markets, a product gets discontinued (see the Concorde supersonic jet 15 years ago) and businesses start working on a replacement, in others a product disappears and stays gone even though there is demand for a successor.

In ~20 years of televised poker, consumers never got a product that made them truly happy and there is no indication that might change in the future. The deciding factor is if a product can make both consumers and providers happy and there's no guarantee for that to happen. So maybe PokerGo fails and nobody will ever try again to offer a service like that because the business model just isn't there.

One thing is sure: the poker market is so small that people not willing to pay $10/month is not a good thing for the content provider. That's the difference to Netflix. The latter probably just cracked 100 million subscribers while PokerGo caters to a very niche market.

[my M.Sc. is in business]
You are right in theory, but as I think about it, it's not really a free market because government in both cases interfered.

1. IIRC, the Concorde was banned by government regulation, not because of unhappy customers. Unhappy people that were not customers complained because of the noise that comes with breaking the sound barrier. And of course, when a vocal minority complain Congress makes laws, whether they make sense or not.

2. I don't need to tell anyone on here all of the ways that the US government screwed up poker. Most specifically and most detrimental to US players, PokerStars and other sites left the US market because it it was so difficult for sites to legally move money to poker players that banks violated regulations by lying about the transactions. In one case it was stated that some money that was moved was the value of golf balls.
Poker Clif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:30 AM   #69
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,984
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker Clif View Post
1. IIRC, the Concorde was banned by government regulation, not because of unhappy customers. Unhappy people that were not customers complained because of the noise that comes with breaking the sound barrier. And of course, when a vocal minority complain Congress makes laws, whether they make sense or not.
The Concorde wasn't banned. BA/AF stopped operating it because of low passenger numbers due to a crash in 2000, the overall aviation business downfall after 9/11 and ridiculously high maintenance costs for a 30 year old model. Right now, there are plans for a new supersonic jet. I think the company is called Boom.
Quote:
2. I don't need to tell anyone on here all of the ways that the US government screwed up poker. Most specifically and most detrimental to US players, PokerStars and other sites left the US market because it it was so difficult for sites to legally move money to poker players that banks violated regulations by lying about the transactions. In one case it was stated that some money that was moved was the value of golf balls.
That's true, but it doesn't matter if a business model would work in a perfect world or market. The question is if the model works in a current or future state of the market, given its regulations. PokerGo or a potential competitor know about regulations and have to make their product work under those circumstances. If they can't, the product will cease to exist without a replacement.
madlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #70
lozen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Spay and Neuter Republicans.
Posts: 14,175
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam254 View Post
I paid $89 for the year. The High Roller was great. The Seniors final table was great. The $10K PLO final table was great. The Main Event coverage has been outstanding.

The commentators are good, even though Norman Chad needs to stop joking about how many times he's been married; it's not funny anymore. Lon is great; Kara, Polk, etc are good on the desk. Joe Stapleton's comic bits are mostly funny. Agree about Max Steinberg lisp, but I am a big fan of his, so I roll with it. Antonio E. is superb, he is the boss. I like all the down time they talk about random crap, it's entertaining and I like the unscripted feel. I LOVE that there are no ads; that's the whole point of a pay channel.

In terms of technology, it's not great. I wish I could hit pause after watching for an hour and resume later, but on my Roku box, I cannot. The picture gets blurry sometimes. They have to work that stuff out if they want to survive but for now I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Bottom Line: I acknowledge all the negatives stated in these comments, but I like it.
I just subscribed for a year and watch with my Roku. I stopped watching and came back the next day on the $10,000 PLO and it asked if I wanted to resume. Picture quality is great. So far I think its great
lozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #71
8ROM
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 254
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

I just subscribed when I found out Tom Dwan is back on poker after dark this Monday. He made TV poker exciting with those huge overbets which had normally relaxed top pros literally sweating lol.
8ROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:21 AM   #72
9hilikeabos
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 108
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

I'm actually pretty damn excited to watch Timmy Dean and company on Poker After Dark tonight. It's going to be epic
9hilikeabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:30 AM   #73
ibelieveyouoweme$80k
LLSNL FF Champ '13
 
ibelieveyouoweme$80k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wentzylvania baby
Posts: 11,999
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Anyone know if the PAD episodes will be available to download and watch at a later time?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ibelieveyouoweme$80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #74
Poker Clif
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muskegon, Michigan, USA
Posts: 5,251
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelieveyouoweme$80k View Post
Anyone know if the PAD episodes will be available to download and watch at a later time?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have Comcast cable it's one of the On Demand Programs.
Poker Clif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:12 PM   #75
GSV
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 269
Re: Can we talk about how BS Pokergo.com is

Does anyone knows if one i subscribe via paypal i still have to call to whatever (england?) to cancel or just cancel through my paypal page?
GSV is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online