Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

STT Strategy Discussion about the play of single table tournaments.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #26
-ChoKo-
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 323
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirDirDirty View Post
I have 3 lines

Name(this is color coded based on # of BBs the player has)
How can I do this please ?
-ChoKo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #27
Bedz
old hand
 
Bedz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,657
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamoose View Post
I use the Poker Tracker hud yesterday for the first time and I didn't like it at all. I was multi-tabling 6 tables and it was just too hard to read it all. Is there a better HUD than this that will look okay when multi-tabling on a 17" monitor?

Thanks.
You can mess around with the numbers, for example I've made the numbers bold to make it easier to see them.
Bedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #28
demon_hunter
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirDirDirty
Name(this is color coded based on # of BBs the player has)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ChoKo- View Post
How can I do this please ?
+
demon_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:45 AM   #29
thejackel69
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: At home
Posts: 325
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Is it possible, with HEM (curently clearing a bonus for it) to filter the stats by M or BB? When you colour co-ordinated the name does that filter the stats by the bb as well? As players play so differently depending on their stack size i think that would be important.

Also i was thinking something like

Name
Nr Hands/VPIP/PFR/AF
Flop-Turn/Turn-River/W$SD

Any thoughts?

ty
thejackel69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #30
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,764
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

filtering by blind level is in the works, iirc

i think one stat i have that isn't standard but i find v useful is call open. i see a lot of tight players who have a high call open %, sometimes higher or close than their vpip, like a 13/8 with 11 call open (6max stats fwiw). tells me a lot about their range postflop
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:52 AM   #31
Korlit
old hand
 
Korlit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: compulsive gambler ldo
Posts: 1,500
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Hey, guys.

I wanted to ask you kinda basic question about databases. I play low stakes SNGs and there are few regs. I use PT3 and I have database for like 6000 players, but every time I sit at a table, there are at most 3 players I played with before. Is it useful to have a database like this?
Korlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #32
Flynn
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 486
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korlit View Post
Hey, guys.

I wanted to ask you kinda basic question about databases. I play low stakes SNGs and there are few regs. I use PT3 and I have database for like 6000 players, but every time I sit at a table, there are at most 3 players I played with before. Is it useful to have a database like this?
Be happy with that - it probably means that there are not many regs at levels you play

I have couple of questions about trackers, stats and sng
1. Is there a service selling mined data for sngs? (ftp)
2. How do you guys estimate push/call ranges based on stats? What stats are most useful and how they are transferred into ranges? E.g. I see guy on bb who is 35/6. What calling range will he have on the bbl? Or maybe Fold to Steal will be more useful?
Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #33
dwdaction
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 58
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

I made a custom hud on poker tracker via info on the poker tracker forum:

I have all the general preflop stats but divide by position EP, MP, LP and Blinds, i think its much more accurate to define hands panel.
And I have a second panel with post flop stats (CB, fold to CB, Raisong facing CB, check raise the flop etc etc)
dwdaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #34
angry_man
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,108
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

What about an "open raise" stat? (Don't have current access to a HUD, but I assume something like this exists) Couldn't that be very useful, especially in the late stages to identify who's pushing lightest? I realise this does also get reflected in the PFR stat, but it's not quite the same thing.
angry_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #35
OMGBarackObama
adept
 
OMGBarackObama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wherever life takes me
Posts: 763
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedz View Post
Is the "Steal from SB" an option on PT3, or just in HEM?

Oh yeah, I use Hands/VPIP/PFR/AF/3-bet % all in one line.
Just in HEM. I bought HEM simply for this Stat, but Hem slows down my computer way less than PT3 did, so it's win win. Hem Hud is way better, but PT3 is still worth having for tracking profits & ROI by stake.

I use the following (in one small line placed over the time to act bar, each stat a different color)

VP$IP/PRF/Call PRF/Call PFR in BB/Steal %/Open Raise SB/Agg Factor/Hands

Since every stat is a different color you don't need to have like VPIP : # you can just have the stat with no label

Last edited by OMGBarackObama; 05-28-2009 at 03:48 AM.
OMGBarackObama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:34 AM   #36
Korlit
old hand
 
Korlit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: compulsive gambler ldo
Posts: 1,500
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGBarackObama View Post
I bought HEM simply for this Stat, but Hem slows down my computer way less than PT3 did, so it's win win. Hem Hud is way better, but PT3 is still worth having for tracking profits & ROI by stake.
In PT3 you have to import sng results manually, otherwise you'll have like -100% ROI all the time. Whereas if you use HEM you can purchase Tourney Manager for tracking your perforamnces in sngs.
I'd love to use HEM instead of PT3 but I really don't want to do with PT3. It's cost is like 80 bucks and I'd be glad to sell it somehow and buy HEM. (lol, as a stoxpoker member I can buy it for like 40 bucks). If you guys have any ideas about it, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Korlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:30 AM   #37
timed@44
adept
 
timed@44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 950
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korlit View Post
Whereas if you use HEM you can purchase Tourney Manager for tracking your perforamnces in sngs.
No need, HEM will do this for you.
timed@44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:34 AM   #38
Korlit
old hand
 
Korlit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: compulsive gambler ldo
Posts: 1,500
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by timed@44 View Post
No need, HEM will do this for you.
Thanks, I didn't know that.
Korlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:46 AM   #39
timed@44
adept
 
timed@44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 950
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korlit View Post
Thanks, I didn't know that.
Yeah i bought tourney manager then 2 months later HEM supported tourney's which has all the info you will need, i dont even use TM anymore.
timed@44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:58 AM   #40
loxxii
veteran
 
loxxii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Professional Poker Student.
Posts: 2,282
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by timed@44 View Post
Yeah i bought tourney manager then 2 months later HEM supported tourney's which has all the info you will need, i dont even use TM anymore.
Where do you see your results in HEM 1.07?
loxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #41
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,764
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGBarackObama View Post
Just in HEM. I bought HEM simply for this Stat, but Hem slows down my computer way less than PT3 did, so it's win win.
i know pt3 has come a long way to catch up with HEM, but looool that it still doesn't have a steal % from SB stat.
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #42
OMGBarackObama
adept
 
OMGBarackObama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wherever life takes me
Posts: 763
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by timed@44 View Post
No need, HEM will do this for you.
semi new to HEM, can you explain how I would find this? I tried to look at results and it was showing my HHs (which are 99% SNGs) in terms of BB/hr and I was like f this...

Love the HUD, but found the rest of HEM generally not user intuitive. Maybe I need to RTFM.
OMGBarackObama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #43
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,764
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Make sure you have v1.08+
Then in the tourney table there's a results section with graffs and roi and everything
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #44
timed@44
adept
 
timed@44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 950
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxii View Post
Where do you see your results in HEM 1.07?
I have version 1.08 with tourney support.
timed@44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #45
timed@44
adept
 
timed@44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 950
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGBarackObama View Post
semi new to HEM, can you explain how I would find this? I tried to look at results and it was showing my HHs
Under tourney/results, then have options for data view, stats, graphs, daily results, mulitabling stats, finish distribution, roi as per buy in, etc etc.
timed@44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #46
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
i know pt3 has come a long way to catch up with HEM, but looool that it still doesn't have a steal % from SB stat.
http://www.pokertracker.com/repository/statistics.php

Unlike some of our competition, PT3 is powerful and flexible enough to allow you to create your own stats. Not only do we have this stat available for download in our repository, we also have a large number of other stats available as well.
PokerAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #47
nsoshnikov
Pooh-Bah
 
nsoshnikov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Search and Destroy
Posts: 4,986
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post
http://www.pokertracker.com/repository/statistics.php

Unlike some of our competition, PT3 is powerful and flexible enough to allow you to create your own stats. Not only do we have this stat available for download in our repository, we also have a large number of other stats available as well.
Yet, i don't think any software is as powerful as Poker Edge or as good.
You can get from 1k-20k hands on a player that you never played before(usually a good amount), which gives you an edge in every SNG you play and improves you ROI in the long run. It datamines on it's own servers and you can also do it yourself. I am not using it atm because i play lower stakes, but starting from $5.50, its very good.
nsoshnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #48
Bedz
old hand
 
Bedz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,657
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post
http://www.pokertracker.com/repository/statistics.php

Unlike some of our competition, PT3 is powerful and flexible enough to allow you to create your own stats. Not only do we have this stat available for download in our repository, we also have a large number of other stats available as well.
Wow, thanks for this!
Bedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #49
Simplicity8
veteran
 
Simplicity8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,490
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsoshnikov View Post
Yet, i don't think any software is as powerful as Poker Edge or as good.
You can get from 1k-20k hands on a player that you never played before(usually a good amount), which gives you an edge in every SNG you play and improves you ROI in the long run. It datamines on it's own servers and you can also do it yourself. I am not using it atm because i play lower stakes, but starting from $5.50, its very good.
is it new? it only has 5k hands on me.. i have 16k hands on me just over the last couple of days..
Simplicity8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #50
nsoshnikov
Pooh-Bah
 
nsoshnikov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Search and Destroy
Posts: 4,986
Re: Discussion of HUD use for SNGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity8 View Post
is it new? it only has 5k hands on me.. i have 16k hands on me just over the last couple of days..
Are you playing on Stars? It would have 20k-40k hands on you probably if you played on Full Tilt, it has less hands on stars, but still a decent amount. Are you a PE current subscriber? Also, how is the software coming along with you? It would take you a couple of months to get used to it and adjusted.
nsoshnikov is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online