Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
What is your favorite beer? What is your favorite beer?

07-25-2011 , 01:31 PM
i can never get enough of the great lakes christmas ale when its in seas
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-25-2011 , 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde
Best marketing I've seen. I drink Rogue ales just for the pictures and stories on the bottles.

My son told me today about Lawson ale he discovered at the Brewfest in Burlington VT last weekend. Apparently it killed at the festival.
I will be searching it out.
http://www.lawsonsfinest.com/beermenu.php
You will have an extremely hard time finding this. Unless you live in VT and can go to one of the 5 places that sell their beer on tap or pick up a bottle at the one place that sells it, they don't distribute or sell at the brewery.

It's a shame because I'd die to try some of this.
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-25-2011 , 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSaltCracka
Favorites:
...
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Ale
...
Also one of my favorites. Also like the Hale's Nut Brown (and the Hale's Cream Ale).

My all-time favorite:



Don't drink as much of it since it's a bitch to find in Portland bars, and they only sell it by the keg.

Looking forward to trying a few of the beers ITT.
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-25-2011 , 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDawg
i can never get enough of the great lakes christmas ale when its in seas
Just got to enjoy some freshly brewed Christmas Ale at the Burning River Fest this past weekend.
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-25-2011 , 03:54 PM
just bought some stone ipa (they were sold out of ruination) from my local package store, can't wait to try it out...
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-25-2011 , 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba9630
Try the cans, no skunk.
i actually ****in love that smell.
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-25-2011 , 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtydirty
just bought some stone ipa (they were sold out of ruination) from my local package store, can't wait to try it out...
i envy that you're trying it for the first time. if you like IPAs, i think it's impossible to not like stone's
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-25-2011 , 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Stevenson
i envy that you're trying it for the first time. if you like IPAs, i think it's impossible to not like stone's
its really good. tried dogfish 60 ipa the other day for the first time as well, and that one was good as well. really want to try stone ruination, dogfish 90 ipa, and sam adams' latitude 48 ipa now.
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-25-2011 , 06:28 PM
Had some Sapporo special reserve at lunch today. It was pretty good. It had a mildness to it that was quite unassuming but left a nice aftertaste.



Note that is just the reserve. Couldn't find a pic of the special reserve.
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-25-2011 , 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtydirty
its really good. tried dogfish 60 ipa the other day for the first time as well, and that one was good as well. really want to try stone ruination, dogfish 90 ipa, and sam adams' latitude 48 ipa now.

as a HU, ruination will do just that to your palate. Like, drink that if you only plan on drinking that or drink it last
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDawg
as a HU, ruination will do just that to your palate. Like, drink that if you only plan on drinking that or drink it last
^^^definitely this, i was about to give the same warning
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 01:18 AM
Newcastle Summer Ale. I only had it one time, I think I ended up having three of them on a day I didn't even want to drink because they were so damn delicious. I can't find them anywhere in Vegas. It sucks.
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 09:28 AM
I've seen it at Lee's before on LV Blvd.
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 11:27 AM
Seriously?
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 12:04 PM
I never kid about liquor sir. Never.

6 pack bottles was like 9 or 10 bucks iirc

** Just called the one by my house.. "we had it once a while back"

** Guy on LV Blvd was a dick.. same thing though.

** The lady at W. Lake Mead cleared it up.. "it goes very fast. very limited."

They got some new one called Werewolf she said :-o

Last edited by stu+stu; 07-26-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: i'm on that ****
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 12:24 PM
What was the name of that pub that used to have like 500 beers? They had one in the Meadows Mall I think. I used to love that place.

Last edited by stu+stu; 07-26-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: in las vegas
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 12:42 PM
Werewolf? Very interesting. Still, want my mother****ing Summer Ale goddamnit.
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 01:06 PM
I kinda feel bad now. I figured it being summer and all. I know they had it last summer (first time I ever drank it, I killed a 6'r).
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu+stu
What was the name of that pub that used to have like 500 beers? They had one in the Meadows Mall I think. I used to love that place.
around the tampa area, they have a place called world of beer, that has hundreds of beers to choose from. i think they are going to be expanding to other parts of the country soon too.

found a news article...

http://www.helloorlando.com/commons/...lovers/205827/
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 01:16 PM
I kinda feel bad now. I figured it being summer and all. I know they had it there last summer.

make up
Spoiler:
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtydirty
around the tampa area, they have a place called world of beer, that has hundreds of beers to choose from. i think they are going to be expanding to other parts of the country soon too.

found a news article...

http://www.helloorlando.com/commons/...lovers/205827/
That's cool. The place I was thinking of I think shut down years ago. Beers were pricey but the selection was mad crazy. I think I drank almost 150 different beers over a 2 year period.
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu+stu
What was the name of that pub that used to have like 500 beers? They had one in the Meadows Mall I think. I used to love that place.
freakin frog has a pretty good selection. on paradise i think
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 02:10 PM
Maryland Pkwy. That's a cool spot indeed.


I always thought Gordon Biersch had some great tasting brews, but I just don't like the place very much.
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 03:04 PM
stu+stu is the maing. Because of him I went after and got my dream of buying Newcastle Summer Ale, and Werewolf. And I've already had one of each today, and I'm going to have many many more before this night is through. Thanks Stu x 2.
What is your favorite beer? Quote
07-26-2011 , 03:24 PM
Umm.. mind telling me where you got it? I'd like to get my hands on some before you drink it all

Oh and how does that Werewolf taste?
What is your favorite beer? Quote

      
m