Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Other Topics Discussion of arts & entertainment, pop culture, food & drink, health and exercise, fashion, relationships, work, and just about anything else in life except poker, sports, religion and politics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #1
GOT TO WINN
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 523
Steem-Monsters

Is anyone else here collecting the crypto Steem-Monsters ? Steem Monsters is a collectible card game where you can battle in tournaments / collect cards for prizes.

But its not just a game it can be used as an investment just like any other crypto. The game hasn't even launched yet and there was a card that sold for nearly $3000 USD already.

So far I bought a total of one booster pack that cost me $2 and found a card in it that is easily worth $1000 USD and has sold for much then that.

See the official website for more details ---> https://steemmonsters.com/

Today they announced their official kickstarter so if you plan on getting some Steem Monsters it might be better to do it now and get some exclusive cards in the process.

Link to official kickstarter --- > https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...&term=steem%20


Anyone here already got some of these ? If so whats your most valued card ?

Below is a picture of the legendary gold foil I picked up yesterday.....

GOT TO WINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #2
Alobar
Born Ready
 
Alobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd turtle from the bottom
Posts: 40,601
Re: Steem-Monsters

how exactly is this crypto related?

n/m I read the site. lol. another great example of blockchain being used with no point or purpose
Alobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:17 PM   #3
GOT TO WINN
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 523
Re: Steem-Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alobar View Post
how exactly is this crypto related?

n/m I read the site. lol. another great example of blockchain being used with no point or purpose
There is a purpose. Its a digital game as there are many others out there. These games can become very popular. The cards themselves are a type of crypto. The tournaments these cards are used in will reward crypto and other stuff as well.

I myself have never participated in such a card game but many others have. Cryptokitties ( spelling ? ) for example have cards worth a small fortune and so do others.
GOT TO WINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:42 PM   #4
Tapirboy
Pooh-Bah
 
Tapirboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: babytapirphotos on tumblr
Posts: 4,992
Re: Steem-Monsters

I'm playing this, and I have a gold foil Chromatic Dragon, which is approximately equivalent to GTW's Gold Dragon.

The blockchain part is to keep a public ledger of all cards in existence and their locations. No card-company printing fraud available, and no counterfeiting, which is kind of a big deal if you're paying attention to what happens in the physical card collectibles space.

Also some of the prizes for playing will be coming in the form of the Steem coin, which I happen to like a lot, but will not bore everybody with why.
Tapirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:56 PM   #5
GOT TO WINN
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 523
Re: Steem-Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapirboy View Post
I'm playing this, and I have a gold foil Chromatic Dragon, which is approximately equivalent to GTW's Gold Dragon.

The blockchain part is to keep a public ledger of all cards in existence and their locations. No card-company printing fraud available, and no counterfeiting, which is kind of a big deal if you're paying attention to what happens in the physical card collectibles space.

Also some of the prizes for playing will be coming in the form of the Steem coin, which I happen to like a lot, but will not bore everybody with why.
Awesome .. I only ever bought one pack and got very luck to find a Gold Foil Legendary Dragon.

Even for those who don't plan on playing these cards could be a great investment but like any investment there is risk. I like Steem also .. it has so much potential and imo is a front runner to pull away from Bitcoins price influence.
GOT TO WINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:34 PM   #6
KPowers
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: on the corna got swagga like us
Posts: 11,263
Re: Steem-Monsters

sick bink OP

It's actually kinda cool that they're using blockchain for anti-counterfeiting.

Don't expect this to do much better than Beanie Babys ROI wise (*fingers crossed Fleece crushes it next year!*) but who cares about that anyway
KPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:00 PM   #7
Alobar
Born Ready
 
Alobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd turtle from the bottom
Posts: 40,601
Re: Steem-Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT TO WINN View Post
There is a purpose. Its a digital game as there are many others out there. These games can become very popular. The cards themselves are a type of crypto. The tournaments these cards are used in will reward crypto and other stuff as well.

I myself have never participated in such a card game but many others have. Cryptokitties ( spelling ? ) for example have cards worth a small fortune and so do others.
yeah i misunderstood, thought these were real cards you could buy (you still dont need a block chain to do this tho, so its still over complicating it)
Alobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:09 PM   #8
Tapirboy
Pooh-Bah
 
Tapirboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: babytapirphotos on tumblr
Posts: 4,992
Re: Steem-Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alobar View Post
you still dont need a block chain to do this tho, so its still over complicating it
They happened to have a convenient one sitting around, though. This isn't a project with its own blockchain, it's one built on top of Steem. (Which has free transactions.)
Tapirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:25 PM   #9
Alobar
Born Ready
 
Alobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd turtle from the bottom
Posts: 40,601
Re: Steem-Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapirboy View Post
They happened to have a convenient one sitting around, though. This isn't a project with its own blockchain, it's one built on top of Steem. (Which has free transactions.)
you could do the same thing with a centralized database much more efficiently

That wont up anyone bags tho
Alobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #10
GOT TO WINN
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 523
Re: Steem-Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alobar View Post
yeah i misunderstood, thought these were real cards you could buy (you still dont need a block chain to do this tho, so its still over complicating it)
The blockchain gives added protection and transparency + what @taperboy said.
GOT TO WINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #11
GOT TO WINN
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 523
Re: Steem-Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPowers View Post
sick bink OP

It's actually kinda cool that they're using blockchain for anti-counterfeiting.

Don't expect this to do much better than Beanie Babys ROI wise (*fingers crossed Fleece crushes it next year!*) but who cares about that anyway
It was a sick bink. It's the only booster pack I ever purchased and the very first card was a Gold Foil Legendary Dragon. That is some crazy luck...

I did purchase the $50 Kickstarter pack and that will have 25 booster packs in it along with a few exclusive cards but they won't come in until sometime after Oct. 1st when the kick starter ends.
GOT TO WINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:38 PM   #12
Villian1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Villian1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: winning a case of tastykakes
Posts: 6,274
Re: Steem-Monsters

Yeah. I was wondering about the awesome perks with the Kickstarter.
Villian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:01 PM   #13
GOT TO WINN
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 523
Re: Steem-Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villian1 View Post
Yeah. I was wondering about the awesome perks with the Kickstarter.
Yeah, there looks to be some nice perks. In current market the value of the kickstarter packs easily pays for itself but who knows where this game will end up. Either allot of people are going to make bank or be left holding very costly cards.

Plus there is added bonuses of more rewards if milestones are reached in the kickstarter such as .. if 500 contribute 5 extra free beta booster packs will be rewarded to everyone who contributed $25 or more.
GOT TO WINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #14
GOT TO WINN
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 523
Re: Steem-Monsters

Looks like all the booster packs are sold out $2 each at 300,000 packs. There are a some kickstarter package that still have some Alpha packs in them but not many. For a game that hasn't released yet there is allot of hype around it. Beta cards soon to be released.
GOT TO WINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:51 PM   #15
DoctorZangief
The Brick
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,957
Re: Steem-Monsters

lol it's not going to work buddy.
DoctorZangief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:19 PM   #16
offTopic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
offTopic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Making stupid side bets
Posts: 18,029
Re: Steem-Monsters

I went looking through an old binder today that contained complete sets of Tempest/Stronghold/Exodus and discovered that I had stashed playsets of Intuition and Survival Of The Fittest in the 9-pocket sheet for each of those cards!
offTopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:18 PM   #17
Sir Huntington
adept
 
Sir Huntington's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,038
Re: Steem-Monsters

WTF I wondered back into this thread? Burn this topic to the ground like your that fire breathing thing on the dorky card in the op.
Sir Huntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:25 PM   #18
offTopic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
offTopic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Making stupid side bets
Posts: 18,029
Re: Steem-Monsters

TROGDOR
offTopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:06 AM   #19
Neil S
King of the sidebar
 
Neil S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 18,708
Re: Steem-Monsters

It's going to be hilarious if they do get funded, and the first thing that happens is they get a C&D from Valve over infringement of the Steam trademark.
Neil S is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online