Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Other Topics Discussion of arts & entertainment, pop culture, food & drink, health and exercise, fashion, relationships, work, and just about anything else in life except poker, sports, religion and politics.

View Poll Results: Should pitbulls be allowed to breed
Yes 367 48.29%
No 252 33.16%
Yes but only if you have to have a special license to own one 141 18.55%
Voters: 760. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 12:38 AM   #101
Dolt
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 168
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Quote:
For whatever reason, they became the "cool" dog to have in that circle. The reasons had nothing to do with them being mean or tough or whatever.
You don't really believe this do you?
Dolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:39 AM   #102
Matt Williams
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 6,112
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Untouchable,
Shouldn't the fact that some towns require you to have $300,000 of liability insurance tell you that maybe pit bulls are a tad unpredictable and just might bite someone? Also, listing pet owners as a referance for equal protection isn't really helping your argument.
Matt Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #103
TheUntouchable
banned
 
TheUntouchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23,975
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Williams View Post
Untouchable,
Shouldn't the fact that some towns require you to have $300,000 of liability insurance tell you that maybe pit bulls are a tad unpredictable and just might bite someone? Also, listing pet owners as a referance for equal protection isn't really helping your argument.
I'm more likely to think that people and politicians are retarded and just make laws to get elected and fine people to generate revenue for their crooked lives.
TheUntouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #104
Matt Williams
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 6,112
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUntouchable View Post
When I was six I was trick-or-treating and someones Golden Retriever came running to the door and jumped on me and knocked me down. I fell down the porch steps and cracked my head open. It was a huge bloody mess but I ended up being fine. Ban Golden Retrievers imo.
LOL, so a golden retriever that was happy to see you knocked you down but didn't try to bite you? What a surprise.
Matt Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #105
suzzer99
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: on top of the bell curve
Posts: 88,462
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Making all kinds of sense here Untouchable. Keep rolling. I think the BCS twitter page is always looking for new shills with twisted metaphor skills. Knock yourself out: http://twitter.com/InsidetheBCS
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #106
heater
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
heater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Happy Easter!
Posts: 11,264
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolt View Post
You don't really believe this do you?
I was there and they're my friends, so ya, I do and I'm pretty sure I know wtf I'm talking about in that regard. I'm not nineteen, fwiw.
heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:45 AM   #107
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,977
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

I def wouldn't be for banning them even with my bad experiences but some kind of special class or license doesn't seem like a terrible idea.

I mean can we just walk around the streets with these?

waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:46 AM   #108
EvilSteve
 
EvilSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 2p2 afterlife
Posts: 13,199
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

What? It's got a muzzle and it's on a leash.
EvilSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:46 AM   #109
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 60,326
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

friends german sheppard bit his mom really bad.

came across a fairly large poodle on a walk that was so strong it pulled the owner on the ground and came after my dog. i was able to grab its leash before they fought.

friends jack russel is very aggressive at times and bit me a few times.

ho hum, lots of dogs do bad stuff.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:46 AM   #110
TheUntouchable
banned
 
TheUntouchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23,975
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Making all kinds of sense here Untouchable. Keep rolling. I think the BCS twitter page is always looking for new shills with twisted metaphor skills. Knock yourself out: http://twitter.com/InsidetheBCS
Sorry for bringing something to the thread other than, OMG DIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP I WAS WALKING DOWN TEH ROADZ AND SOME SCARY PITBULL WAS LOOKING AT ME.
TheUntouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:47 AM   #111
suzzer99
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: on top of the bell curve
Posts: 88,462
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

A buddy of mine back in KC has two pits and he's the least macho guy in the world. But I think he is pretty paranoid about defending his home. I feel completely fine around them when he's around. But I won't stay at his place over Xmas. I would just be too nervous to get up in the middle of the night to take a leak and the big one, Dante, forgets who I am. Dante literally has the most enormous head I've ever seen on a pit. The dog tonight might have been second.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:49 AM   #112
Dolt
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 168
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater View Post
I was there and they're my friends, so ya, I do and I'm pretty sure I know wtf I'm talking about in that regard. I'm not nineteen, fwiw.
Perhaps they really do just like them because they are in vogue or whatever. Do you think them having a reputation for being mean and tough has anything to do with that in general or not?
Dolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:53 AM   #113
TheUntouchable
banned
 
TheUntouchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23,975
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

btw I think that "pitbulls" are absolutely more dangerous than most (not all) other dogs because they are more dangerous when raise incorrectly. I just don't think that banning them or licensing them is fair at all. Licensing them just gives the government more stupid authority over our lives and is another reason for people to give them money. If a small municipality voted to ban pitbulls, I wouldn't care, that's their right. But any large-scale legislative action against them would be retarded.
TheUntouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #114
heater
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
heater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Happy Easter!
Posts: 11,264
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolt View Post
Perhaps they really do just like them because they are in vogue or whatever. Do you think them having a reputation for being mean and tough has anything to do with that in general or not?
Maybe they just like them because they like dogs and pitbulls are dogs.

That particular part of my circle of friends is a bunch of tree-hugging dope-smoking hippies that I've been friends with most of my life and not one of them would condone violence in just about any situation. I can name eight or nine pits that have been around over the last ten years or so. Why? I don't know. A friend got one and he was really, really, cool. A couple other friends got one. A couple of them had cute little pit babies. Some of those wound up with other friends. And it's not like pits are the only breed anybody had/has. There were just quite a few of them around.

This has nothing to do with the thread, anyway, so let it go.
heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #115
TheUntouchable
banned
 
TheUntouchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23,975
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Also,

Presa Canario ftw







TheUntouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #116
too eazy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
too eazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: triple beam dreamin'
Posts: 8,085
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

as a lifetime pitbull/german shepher owner and american i would like to say **** you OP and mind your own ****ing business i will own whatever animal i please.
too eazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #117
Dolt
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 168
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater View Post
That particular part of my circle of friends is a bunch of tree-hugging dope-smoking hippies that I've been friends with most of my life and not one of them would condone violence in just about any situation. I can name eight or nine pits that have been around over the last ten years or so. Why? I don't know. A friend got one and he was really, really, cool. A couple other friends got one. A couple of them had cute little pit babies. Some of those wound up with other friends. And it's not like pits are the only breed anybody had/has. There were just quite a few of them around.

This has nothing to do with the thread, anyway, so let it go.
I wasn't insinuating anything about you or your friends. I don't think pitbull owners are violent thugs by default. I was only touching upon the idea that they have become dominant in pop culture, and thus widespread, because of their reputation. I will drop this line however.
Dolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:01 AM   #118
Dolt
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 168
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by too eazy View Post
as a lifetime pitbull/german shepher owner and american i would like to say **** you OP and mind your own ****ing business i will own whatever animal i please.
**** yeah!!!
Dolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:02 AM   #119
AceHigh
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,062
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iillllii View Post
heh my dog growing up was a pitbull mixed with a boxer. he didnt like strangers but it wasnt much of an issue, just put him in a room if someone comes over. He wasn't aggro outside of our house and overall was a cool dog.

edited to add: didn't need any alarm system in the house with him roaming around either.
Boxers are very territorial. They know what there's. Don't give them something you might want back. They are very good guard dogs because of this. The behavior you are describing is very typical for Boxers.
AceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:02 AM   #120
heater
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
heater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Happy Easter!
Posts: 11,264
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Are Presa Canarios the dogs those white supremacists had in Cali that killed their neighbor?
Or were those Cane Corsos?

To each his own but I wouldn't want to own one of those. They look cool and everything but I wouldn't want that kind of responsibility.
heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:02 AM   #121
EvilSteve
 
EvilSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 2p2 afterlife
Posts: 13,199
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
friends jack russel is very aggressive at times and bit me a few times.
My sister had a Jack Russell and it would constantly get in fights with other dogs/animals in the woods (came back bloody a few times, and once with a good portion of its ear gone). And another Jack Russell in the neighborhood was the meanest, most aggressive dog I've ever seen. Definitely a breed I'd stay away from.
EvilSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:04 AM   #122
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 18,508
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

No such thing as a bad "breed" of dog, but always bring a sharp pocket knife to stab one of those mean ******* in the throat and both eyes if necessary.
spanktehbadwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:05 AM   #123
TheUntouchable
banned
 
TheUntouchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23,975
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSteve View Post
My sister had a Jack Russell and it would constantly get in fights with other dogs/animals in the woods (came back bloody a few times, and once with a good portion of its ear gone). And another Jack Russell in the neighborhood was the meanest, most aggressive dog I've ever seen. Definitely a breed I'd stay away from.
I have a Jack Russell. He's the most loving dog ever. But yeah he has a problem with other animals. He constantly catches rodents and turtles and brings them back to our doorstep. We eventually taught him not to fight other dogs but it took a lot of patience and probably just some natural maturation on his part. They're definitely huge instigators.

It takes a lot of effor to own one but the reward is definitely worth it. They're very intelligent.
TheUntouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #124
FrankieBigNuts
banned
 
FrankieBigNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 788
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

FrankieBigNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:08 AM   #125
EvilSteve
 
EvilSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 2p2 afterlife
Posts: 13,199
Re: Should pit bulls be allowed to breed?

^photoshop or real dog? That dog's head is monstrous.
EvilSteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online