Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Other Topics Discussion of arts & entertainment, pop culture, food & drink, health and exercise, fashion, relationships, work, and just about anything else in life except poker, sports, religion and politics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2018, 08:10 AM   #45751
SandraXII
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,396
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malucci View Post
This is so very far from true. The light from true has never and will never touch this statement.

Having said that, the play is always to be respectful and do something that you would and will be proud of later as a man.
It's true if you weren't being misleading. If you go on six or seven dates with someone, bang her a few times, aren't dishonest about your intentions, but then say it's not working out, then most people won't hold a grudge.

On the other hand if you say you're really into someone to the point of making them think it's a long term thing then end it after a couple more dates, or you say you're not dating other people but you really are and they find out, there may understandably be some ill feeling.
SandraXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #45752
Eeyorefora
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,137
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraXII View Post
It's true if you weren't being misleading. If you go on six or seven dates with someone, bang her a few times, aren't dishonest about your intentions, but then say it's not working out, then most people won't hold a grudge.

On the other hand if you say you're really into someone to the point of making them think it's a long term thing then end it after a couple more dates, or you say you're not dating other people but you really are and they find out, there may understandably be some ill feeling.
But misleading is relative in some peoples mind.

You can be upfront and honest about your intentions, but if that person doesn't see it that way, then you're going to be the dick, no matter what.

And tbh, smokin a fatty isn't the worst thing in the world.
Eeyorefora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:28 AM   #45753
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 11,527
Re: Online dating thread

If either of you are looking for a serious relationship, isn't Tinder the wrong place to be? I mean I know some people find serious relationships there, but it has a reputation as a hookup app for a reason.
chillrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:51 PM   #45754
Malucci
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Malucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,264
Re: Online dating thread

You can be honest with someone. You can do everything you say you were going to do with and to someone. Once they get the feels, all that goes out the window. Logic and reason go out the window. Butthurt and worse can often ensue. Even if you were upfront and honest, and did nothing “wrong”, that doesn’t mean the other person will see it or remember it that way...because they have strong feelings which can be stronger than facts, truth, logic or reason.
Malucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #45755
Eeyorefora
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,137
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillrob View Post
If either of you are looking for a serious relationship, isn't Tinder the wrong place to be? I mean I know some people find serious relationships there, but it has a reputation as a hookup app for a reason.
Its hilarious that its marketed as a hook up app, yet people still use it to look for a serious relationship.
And are shocked when it doesn't happen.

Next thing you know we're going to hear people say how great Ashley Madison is to find a monogamous partner....
Eeyorefora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #45756
coolnout
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
coolnout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EVERYDAY I'M PONYIN'
Posts: 12,032
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorefora View Post
Next thing you know we're going to hear people say how great Ashley Madison is to find a monogamous partner....
I think robot women are monogamous
coolnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:33 PM   #45757
Burdzthewurd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Burdzthewurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: WE THE PEOPLE
Posts: 10,899
Re: Online dating thread

Anyone know the Tinder/Bumble/OKC scene in Glasgow? Going towards the end of the summer and never tried apps over in Europe - curious to know other's experiences. Hookups aren't necessarily my priority while there, but not opposed to meeting new people through the app.
Burdzthewurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:17 PM   #45758
Hoagie
Pooh-Bah
 
Hoagie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Drunk on power and whiskey
Posts: 4,752
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorefora View Post
Its hilarious that its marketed as a hook up app, yet people still use it to look for a serious relationship.
And are shocked when it doesn't happen.

Next thing you know we're going to hear people say how great Ashley Madison is to find a monogamous partner....


I think it’s a hookup app under ~26. I got on it at 32 expecting it was a hookup app but I was sadly mistaken.
Hoagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:45 PM   #45759
BrianTheMick2
Need a ride?
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,258
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malucci View Post
You can be honest with someone. You can do everything you say you were going to do with and to someone. Once they get the feels, all that goes out the window. Logic and reason go out the window. Butthurt and worse can often ensue. Even if you were upfront and honest, and did nothing “wrong”, that doesn’t mean the other person will see it or remember it that way...because they have strong feelings which can be stronger than facts, truth, logic or reason.
This is true, but overstated. People generally manage to move on and it is generally worth the risk unless you are prepared to live with a set of cats.
BrianTheMick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:34 AM   #45760
Baltimore Jones
Pooh-Bah
 
Baltimore Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,308
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
BJ,

If I were going to worry about anything here, it would be her suggesting FB instead of just giving her number. But no reason to worry about anything. Just ask her out for a drink and either she’s into it or she isn’t.
Yea almost certainly my in-person read was correct, and my "read" based on FB friend accept timing was wrong. She's highly responsive and we're trying to plan a drink that she's not giving up on despite scheduling difficulties at the moment.

In-person read vs. FB timing read actually makes me re-consider evidence from the other "situation" I mentioned. I'd surrendered on that one a year ago bc of FB timing "evidence"...lol. Was rekindled in the last week or so when her in-person enthusiasm was too much to keep ignoring.
Baltimore Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM   #45761
PhatPots
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,195
Re: Online dating thread

I think this was discussed a while ago. Rather than make a new thread

Scenario: You are a successful professional male in your 30s. What city in the US is best for dating?
PhatPots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #45762
PocketInfinities
old hand
 
PocketInfinities's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,985
Re: Online dating thread

My $0.02: it depends on your goals. But given what I can read from you asking the question, probably NYC. (Favorable gender ratio, plenty of “successful” girls in their 20s and 30s).
PocketInfinities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM   #45763
JoeC2012
adept
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Suplex City
Posts: 1,179
Re: Online dating thread

I would be astonished if this answer is anything other than NYC.
JoeC2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM   #45764
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 11,527
Re: Online dating thread

Any particular reason explaining why there are more young single women than young single men in NYC?
chillrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #45765
JoeC2012
adept
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Suplex City
Posts: 1,179
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillrob View Post
Any particular reason explaining why there are more young single women than young single men in NYC?
I'm sure one big reason is the presence of industries women have been traditionally attracted to (media, fashion, PR, etc.).

Also, maybe this is just me, but I feel like women in our society place a higher premium on what's "in" or "trendy" than men do. NYC is maybe the best place in the world to find such things. You get to Instagram a cronut 2 years before your friends back home in St. Louis do!
JoeC2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM   #45766
SandraXII
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,396
Re: Online dating thread

wow july might be even deader than june for volume

Although it's unseasonably warm in London at the moment!
SandraXII is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online