Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Other Topics Discussion of arts & entertainment, pop culture, food & drink, health and exercise, fashion, relationships, work, and just about anything else in life except poker, sports, religion and politics.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2019, 09:39 AM   #901
IMDABES
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,235
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LektorAJ View Post
You're on the voter list. The latest one is at the top of this thread.

There are obviously people it doesn't include. For example Lapka has more than 20 posts in OOT between 1 Jan 2018 and 29 Nov 2018 but isn't on the list. If she pops up and starts voting she will be added. If she doesn't then I don't see it as a problem that she's not on the list.



I think we're just going to have to agree to differ. We have very different perspectives on how necessary it is/was to do something to push back against brigading so we'll never find a common view. I shan't be replying to any more posts from you on that topic as I feel I've set out my own case adequately.



I'm willing to bow to the views of the more senior (and level-headed) members of the community such as you, Howard and so on if people think exceptions should be made for any of the following:

+rep_lol, .Alex., aggo, Alchemist, Bank, bigt2k4, bolt2112, Bub, businessdude, CalledDownLight, chondo, chuckleslovakian, Coasterbrad, COCKBOAT, Daer, DuckSauce, Fatal Checkraise, gambit8888, GoDeViLs, Han YOLO, Hired Goons2, iamnotawerewolf, JB91, JimHalpert, JoltinJake, Jzo19, Kafja, King_of_NYC, kkcountry, Lawnmower Man, lenC, lol_at_you, MEb, miliboo, mosdef, Nittery, Nofear3838, Noze, Parlay Slow, RichardWalsh, Rusemandingo, sharkstevie, Sloppy Joe, soah, sputnik3000, synth_floyd, TimmayB, toddw8, TomfooleryU, Trolly McTrollson, True North, Twistedd, ymmv, Zefa, Zimmer4141
Why have I only been allowed to vote like half the time? Wasn't able to for this last AOC round either.
IMDABES is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 09:47 AM   #902
LektorAJ
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 7,723
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDABES View Post
Why have I only been allowed to vote like half the time? Wasn't able to for this last AOC round either.
You've already voted for AOC and had that vote counted.

You are on the currently updated voter list and can vote in any round.

I can't edit the lists in the OPs as I'm not a mod.

Probably it would be best in future years for this to be run by a mod - or if nobody wants to do it for me to be made a mod

Last edited by LektorAJ; 01-17-2019 at 09:52 AM.
LektorAJ is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 10:01 AM   #903
GoDeViLs
veteran
 
GoDeViLs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,445
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

I have 4 posts lifetime in politics

I have 142 posts lifetime in OOT

My vote is ineligible because of rules set-up to prevent politics posters from influencing vote away from oot posters?

Is that correct?
GoDeViLs is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #904
DoctorZangief
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,559
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Lektor's avatar is his view when he jumps after all this is over.
DoctorZangief is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 10:11 AM   #905
patron
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeViLs View Post
I have 4 posts lifetime in politics

I have 142 posts lifetime in OOT

My vote is ineligible because of rules set-up to prevent politics posters from influencing vote away from oot posters?

Is that correct?
That's just the patented Lektor system at work!

"The Ms OOT contest is running very smoothly and the results for our Forum are obviously very good. We are the envy of 2+2. But anytime I even think about making changes, the FAKE NEWS MEDIA goes crazy, always seeking to make us look as bad as possible! Very dishonest!"
patron is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 10:44 AM   #906
Yakmelk
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Yakmelk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Slowly dying
Posts: 14,103
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Triggered soyboy alert!
Yakmelk is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 10:54 AM   #907
GooseHinson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GooseHinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,440
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

patron has become even more butthurt than bundy5
GooseHinson is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 11:11 AM   #908
Andro
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Andro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,039
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Butthurt levels above bundy5 are not humanly possible.
Andro is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #909
Steve350
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,659
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

I'm avoiding tequila this weekend in honor of patron's poasting.
Steve350 is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 11:14 AM   #910
Rapini
ragging
 
Rapini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 13,099
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeViLs View Post
I have 4 posts lifetime in politics

I have 142 posts lifetime in OOT

My vote is ineligible because of rules set-up to prevent politics posters from influencing vote away from oot posters?

Is that correct?
I think that's correct, but I'd back you being eligible if you voted for someone other than AOC.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseHinson View Post
patron has become even more butthurt than bundy5
It's fun to watch, but I worry that his usually excellent posting might be affected eventually if he keeps going like this.
Rapini is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 11:18 AM   #911
Howard Treesong
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Howard Treesong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In for the long con!
Posts: 14,340
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

GoDevils ought to be able to vote. Again, not exactly difficult to figure out.
Howard Treesong is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 11:26 AM   #912
Coasterbrad
veteran
 
Coasterbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,712
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LektorAJ View Post
I'm willing to bow to the views of the more senior (and level-headed) members of the community such as you, Howard and so on if people think exceptions should be made for any of the following:

+rep_lol, .Alex., aggo, Alchemist, Bank, bigt2k4, bolt2112, Bub, businessdude, CalledDownLight, chondo, chuckleslovakian, Coasterbrad, COCKBOAT, Daer, DuckSauce, Fatal Checkraise, gambit8888, GoDeViLs, Han YOLO, Hired Goons2, iamnotawerewolf, JB91, JimHalpert, JoltinJake, Jzo19, Kafja, King_of_NYC, kkcountry, Lawnmower Man, lenC, lol_at_you, MEb, miliboo, mosdef, Nittery, Nofear3838, Noze, Parlay Slow, RichardWalsh, Rusemandingo, sharkstevie, Sloppy Joe, soah, sputnik3000, synth_floyd, TimmayB, toddw8, TomfooleryU, Trolly McTrollson, True North, Twistedd, ymmv, Zefa, Zimmer4141
I have hundreds of posts in OOT. Likely more than I do in Politics (my search is capped at 250 posts). Lol at me being more of a Politics reg than an OOT reg. Recency bias much?
Coasterbrad is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 11:28 AM   #913
Didace
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Didace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 16,891
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapini View Post
ScreaminAsian has gone full ******. You never want to go full ******.
I think he has finally watched too many Asian Instgram chicks bending over. Messes with your mind.
Didace is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 11:34 AM   #914
patron
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Treesong View Post
GoDevils ought to be able to vote. Again, not exactly difficult to figure out.
Not all people in GoDevils's position raise a fuss about it. That is also not exactly difficult to figure out.
patron is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 12:20 PM   #915
LektorAJ
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 7,723
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Treesong View Post
GoDevils ought to be able to vote. Again, not exactly difficult to figure out.
Will add GoDevils and TimmayB at your suggestion.

Do we add Coasterbrad in too? He doesn't meet the post requirement but he's basically always been posting a bit so he's never really been away. Pretty similar for ducksauce and LostOstrich.

These are a lot different from the other cases where people used to post quite a bit, left 5-10 years ago and now are butthurt they don't have life voting rights for the mayoress of a town they no longer want to live in. However I'm leaving final approval of them in your capable hands. I've kind of exhausted my stock of "organizer's discretion" now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorZangief View Post
Lektor's avatar is his view when he jumps after all this is over.
Of course, it would be highly irresponsible to jump before the contest is over.
LektorAJ is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 12:34 PM   #916
.Alex.
Pooh-Bah
 
.Alex.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 5,737
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

I think the vocal OOT regs are just shocked to learn that the vast majority of 2p2 and even OOT aren't the sjw-hating deplorables that they are. So when AOC started crushing they assumed it must be due to being overrun by votes from other forums and rushed to change the rules. Now after multiple attempts including literally going poster by poster to decide eligibility, they are starting to realize that she's actually universally popular and short of banning her specifically, she's going to keep winning. Of course there's no real issue here that required 1000 posts of discussion, just a huge disconnect in their brains between perception and reality.

FWIW my vote last round was for Margot over AOC.
.Alex. is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #917
Andro
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Andro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,039
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Alex. View Post
I think the vocal OOT regs are just shocked to learn that the vast majority of 2p2 and even OOT aren't the sjw-hating deplorables that they are. So when AOC started crushing they assumed it must be due to being overrun by votes from other forums and rushed to change the rules. Now after multiple attempts including literally going poster by poster to decide eligibility, they are starting to realize that she's actually universally popular and short of banning her specifically, she's going to keep winning. Of course there's no real issue here that required 1000 posts of discussion, just a huge disconnect in their brains between perception and reality.

FWIW my vote last round was for Margot over AOC.


Truth bomb.
Andro is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 12:50 PM   #918
businessdude
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
businessdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9,478
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

I was on the eligible list yesterday, now I'm not it seems. Hope I wasn't categorized as a being from the politics forum.
businessdude is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #919
patron
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,766
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

The issue that requires discussion is that Lektor is taking away the vote from legit OOT posters (and not just the dreaded bogeyman Politics interlopers) and is then requiring them to make their case one by one and get support from others, while still disqualifying those who aren't squeaky wheels.
patron is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #920
Howard Treesong
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Howard Treesong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In for the long con!
Posts: 14,340
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapini View Post
I think that's correct, but I'd back you being eligible if you voted for someone other than AOC.





It's fun to watch, but I worry that his usually excellent posting might be affected eventually if he keeps going like this.


These decisions should not be made on the basis of who someone is voting for. Ever.
Howard Treesong is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 12:57 PM   #921
Rapini
ragging
 
Rapini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 13,099
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Treesong View Post
These decisions should not be made on the basis of who someone is voting for. Ever.
How else can we be sure AOC doesn't win though, and ensure that we get maximum HEAD ASPLODE from the politards as a result?
Rapini is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #922
Mojo56
Pooh-Bah
 
Mojo56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Behind the bar or at Costco
Posts: 3,907
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Simple solution: anyone who thinks Sandy from the Bronx is over a 7 on the hotness scale should be banned from voting.

Mojo56 is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #923
LektorAJ
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 7,723
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessdude View Post
I was on the eligible list yesterday, now I'm not it seems. Hope I wasn't categorized as a being from the politics forum.
You qualify based on number of posts. Have added you to the eligible list.
LektorAJ is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 01:07 PM   #924
fxwacgesvrhdtf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
LektorAJ is running the competition. He made a terrible decision and disenfranchised hundreds of OOT regs. However, he has indicated that he may return to sanity and restore the usual and historical eligibility rules from the beginning of the competition.

He was offered help to do so, but he hasn't posted itt since then.

If sanity does return, then you should be eligible. You should just go ahead and vote, and your vote should indeed be counted, although you may need to check back in here, and add your voice, to see if craziness or sanity is winning.
Iím confused, I thought PVN was running the competition.
 
Old 01-17-2019, 01:07 PM   #925
tomdemaine
Just tries harder
 
tomdemaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Social Justice Rogue
Posts: 20,071
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapini View Post
How else can we be sure AOC doesn't win though, and ensure that we get maximum HEAD ASPLODE from the politards as a result?
Please no. This contest is the only thing that has ever truly mattered to me. I don't know how I'll carry on if AOC isn't the eventual winner.
tomdemaine is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive