Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Other Topics Discussion of arts & entertainment, pop culture, food & drink, health and exercise, fashion, relationships, work, and just about anything else in life except poker, sports, religion and politics.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2019, 05:44 PM   #401
Melkerson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,026
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Treesong View Post
I am absolutely a Kroes fan, but the historical injustices worked upon her are not particularly relevant to this year’s contest and the overwhelming injustice Londo suffered at the hands of imperialist British voters.
I'm not referring to the past injustices, which are indeed great. I'm talking about the one she suffered this very year in Ms OTT.
Melkerson is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 05:45 PM   #402
DarkOne
veteran
 
DarkOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Capua
Posts: 2,362
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

So many delicious liberal tears <3<3<3
DarkOne is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 05:51 PM   #403
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,266
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

nobody posts more pics in miss oot than me. year over year, i without a doubt post the most photos of contestants. a lot of matchups are just the OP and me posting photos. i have thousands of posts in oot over the last 10 years, although i don't reg the lc thread or that thread where you guys torture the homeless pai gow addict. i am voting for AOC because she was the hot chick of 2018, hands down.

i've been saying for years that the "relevance" aspect of miss oot has been abused by the oldheads in this forum to vote for comic book tv show actresses over the actual hottest chick of the year, and the response has been, "start your own contest and name it OOT's Next Top Model" and at times i've come pretty close to thinking about starting to work on that, but at no point did anyone even suggest altering the rules of the competition, ESPECIALLY midway, to prevent another abomination like Lovekaty v Spiranac, because the people in charge of the contest at that time weren't bothered by paige spiranac's politics. paige spiranac never had the audacity to suggest america is wealthy enough to not allow our fellow citizens to die in the streets from poverty, so no changes were made.

this move by lektor has a crazy political bias to it. like idk if you're an alt-right nutjob irl or if you're just letting the alt-right nutjobs itt work you. because they're the ones who are getting their way, so don't fool yourself into thinking you're making an unbiased decision.
ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 05:51 PM   #404
Yakmelk
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Yakmelk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Slowly dying
Posts: 14,103
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

@darkone
Calling them liberal tears is pretty dumb, I consider myself a liberal and am happy with the solution (and not allowed to vote under the new rules). Its just a bunch of bullies with sand in their slits tears, no need to make it political.
Yakmelk is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 05:53 PM   #405
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,266
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preki View Post
you don't think she's hot, you only like her cuz she wants to soak the rich, what a **** show
i voted for tammy laren when she was in the contest, pal. i have nothing to do with politics.
ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #406
preki
old hand
 
preki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,516
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminAsian View Post
nobody posts more pics in miss oot than me. year over year, i without a doubt post the most photos of contestants. a lot of matchups are just the OP and me posting photos. i have thousands of posts in oot over the last 10 years, although i don't reg the lc thread or that thread where you guys torture the homeless pai gow addict. i am voting for AOC because she was the hot chick of 2018, hands down.

i've been saying for years that the "relevance" aspect of miss oot has been abused by the oldheads in this forum to vote for comic book tv show actresses over the actual hottest chick of the year, and the response has been, "start your own contest and name it OOT's Next Top Model" and at times i've come pretty close to thinking about starting to work on that, but at no point did anyone even suggest altering the rules of the competition, ESPECIALLY midway, to prevent another abomination like Lovekaty v Spiranac, because the people in charge of the contest at that time weren't bothered by paige spiranac's politics. paige spiranac never had the audacity to suggest america is wealthy enough to not allow our fellow citizens to die in the streets from poverty, so no changes were made.

this move by lektor has a crazy political bias to it. like idk if you're an alt-right nutjob irl or if you're just letting the alt-right nutjobs itt work you. because they're the ones who are getting their way, so don't fool yourself into thinking you're making an unbiased decision.
Itt i learned that if ur not a socialist ur an alt right nutjob.
preki is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:06 PM   #407
Howard Treesong
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Howard Treesong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In for the long con!
Posts: 14,340
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

It is totally unfair to criticize SA in this context. Regardless of whatever his political views are, he has posted literally thousands of photos on 2p2, has been involved in Ms OOT etc. for a long time, and clearly has nothing against hot chicks.

More generally, those who rejoice in othersí tears are dickheads.
Howard Treesong is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:06 PM   #408
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,202
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikam View Post
Conservative ideas/people are very high on my list of things/people I trully hate, but this invasion from the Politics forum makes me want to order a MAGA cap.
Well ****, we created another one.
kerowo is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:10 PM   #409
Howard Treesong
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Howard Treesong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In for the long con!
Posts: 14,340
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakmelk View Post
@darkone
Calling them liberal tears is pretty dumb, I consider myself a liberal and am happy with the solution (and not allowed to vote under the new rules). Its just a bunch of bullies with sand in their slits tears, no need to make it political.

Yak should also have voting rights, but only if he agrees with me about Doutzen Kroes.
Howard Treesong is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:11 PM   #410
Howard Treesong
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Howard Treesong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In for the long con!
Posts: 14,340
Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

SA, get with the program: Nima lives in what he says is his own condo. Plus, heís only defending himself.
Howard Treesong is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:11 PM   #411
Rei Ayanami
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rei Ayanami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11,695
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminAsian View Post
ESPECIALLY midway, to prevent another abomination like Lovekaty v Spiranac, because the people in charge of the contest at that time weren't bothered by paige spiranac's politics. paige spiranac never had the audacity to suggest america is wealthy enough to not allow our fellow citizens to die in the streets from poverty, so no changes were made.
Changing the rules was never an option, nor were contestant's political alignments something I cared about or paid attention to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminAsian View Post
so no
Rei Ayanami is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:15 PM   #412
Yakmelk
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Yakmelk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Slowly dying
Posts: 14,103
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Treesong View Post
It is totally unfair to criticize SA in this context. Regardless of whatever his political views are, he has posted literally thousands of photos on 2p2, has been involved in Ms OOT etc. for a long time, and clearly has nothing against hot chicks.

More generally, those who rejoice in othersí tears are dickheads.
This thing (fortunately) learned me something the last few days, Im not much better then the ones trying to ruin the competition.

We should not just shout in the streets that love trumps hate, we should actually live by it.

If anything this whole thing shows how hard it can be to be a loving person towards people who have a different outlook on life (all sides). Life is made for learning so thats what we'll do.

Im again impressed by your levelheadedness HT, thanks for being a voice of reason.

Edit; Doutzen Kroes > Anna Kendrick but that is pretty much it these days unfortunately.
Yakmelk is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:19 PM   #413
Howard Treesong
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Howard Treesong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In for the long con!
Posts: 14,340
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei Ayanami View Post
Changing the rules was never an option, nor were contestant's political alignments something I cared about or paid attention to.

SAís posting in lovekaty v. Spiranac was excellent.
Howard Treesong is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:28 PM   #414
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,266
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei Ayanami View Post
Changing the rules was never an option, nor were contestant's political alignments something I cared about or paid attention to.
exactly. you ran a clean contest, and i don't want you to think i blame you at all for lovekaty v spiranac, that injustice falls squarely on the shoulders of these ****in maniacs who vote in the contest. and that's precedent, i'm not a lawyer but i'm sure howard can back me up on this, but that result very clearly demonstrated that miss oot is a "total package" contest and not a "best looking in photos" contest

which, as i've argued over the years, doesn't make too much sense since the winner gets a thread with photos of them. i imagine the ideal winner is the one who can provide great photos for that thread all year, but people vote for who they like, or at least they used to be able to until this terrible decision. and it's not too late, we can undo that so easily, just undo it right now, no harm no foul. i appreciate lektor trying to improve the game but this is just not the best idea for this contest.
ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:31 PM   #415
cs3
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cs3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the shallow end
Posts: 13,387
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminAsian View Post
nobody posts more pics in miss oot than me. year over year, i without a doubt post the most photos of contestants. a lot of matchups are just the OP and me posting photos. i have thousands of posts in oot over the last 10 years, although i don't reg the lc thread or that thread where you guys torture the homeless pai gow addict. i am voting for AOC because she was the hot chick of 2018, hands down.

i've been saying for years that the "relevance" aspect of miss oot has been abused by the oldheads in this forum to vote for comic book tv show actresses over the actual hottest chick of the year, and the response has been, "start your own contest and name it OOT's Next Top Model" and at times i've come pretty close to thinking about starting to work on that, but at no point did anyone even suggest altering the rules of the competition, ESPECIALLY midway, to prevent another abomination like Lovekaty v Spiranac, because the people in charge of the contest at that time weren't bothered by paige spiranac's politics. paige spiranac never had the audacity to suggest america is wealthy enough to not allow our fellow citizens to die in the streets from poverty, so no changes were made.

this move by lektor has a crazy political bias to it. like idk if you're an alt-right nutjob irl or if you're just letting the alt-right nutjobs itt work you. because they're the ones who are getting their way, so don't fool yourself into thinking you're making an unbiased decision.
ScreaminAsian has spoken!
cs3 is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:40 PM   #416
Howard Treesong
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Howard Treesong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In for the long con!
Posts: 14,340
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminAsian View Post
exactly. you ran a clean contest, and i don't want you to think i blame you at all for lovekaty v spiranac, that injustice falls squarely on the shoulders of these ****in maniacs who vote in the contest. and that's precedent, i'm not a lawyer but i'm sure howard can back me up on this, but that result very clearly demonstrated that miss oot is a "total package" contest and not a "best looking in photos" contest

which, as i've argued over the years, doesn't make too much sense since the winner gets a thread with photos of them. i imagine the ideal winner is the one who can provide great photos for that thread all year, but people vote for who they like, or at least they used to be able to until this terrible decision. and it's not too late, we can undo that so easily, just undo it right now, no harm no foul. i appreciate lektor trying to improve the game but this is just not the best idea for this contest.

I can and do confirm that Ms. OOT has been a total package contest. Lovekaty was clearly better looking but her interview made her look like a complete moron. I donít recall who I voted for in that one and am too lazy to go back and look.
Howard Treesong is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #417
Yakmelk
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Yakmelk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Slowly dying
Posts: 14,103
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Hot golfer > random russian insta model, Im guessing nobody voted for Spiranac because of her politics which is obviously the case now as AOC is not hot at all.

The relevance factor in Ms OOT is to stop it from becoming your thread (which is definitely fine!) or as someone earlier ITT said, just some guys masturbating to photos of girls on the internet.

You're not being fair to the rest or yourself if your argument is that the reaction to the AOC campaign was purely because of her political color (and therefor ALTRIGHT!) while Im guessing it was mostly fueled by the way some posters went about it (dedicated to burning down the Ms OOT contest because it didn't align with their worldy views). Some people will be caught up in the middle of it all and that is sad but also expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Treesong View Post
I can and do confirm that Ms. OOT has been a total package contest. Lovekaty was clearly better looking but her interview made her look like a complete moron. I don’t recall who I voted for in that one and am too lazy to go back and look.
You did not vote.
Yakmelk is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #418
synth_floyd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,931
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Seriously guys if you don't like the way the votes are cast, why even bother to have a contest? Just pick the winner by fiat.
synth_floyd is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #419
NhlNut
KANGZ
 
NhlNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: RANGZ
Posts: 17,742
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
lol how would you know?
I'm just asking questions.

----------
Lektor MMGA
NhlNut is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:47 PM   #420
fuluck414
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,252
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakmelk View Post
Hot golfer > random russian insta model, Im guessing nobody voted for Spiranac because of her politics which is obviously the case now as AOC is not hot at all.

The relevance factor in Ms OOT is to stop it from becoming your thread (which is definitely fine!) or as someone earlier ITT said, just some guys masturbating to photos of girls on the internet.

You're not being fair to the rest or yourself if your argument is that the reaction to the AOC campaign was purely because of her political color (and therefor ALTRIGHT!) while Im guessing it was mostly fueled by the way some posters went about it (dedicated to burning down the Ms OOT contest because it didn't align with their worldy views). Some people will be caught up in the middle of it all and that is sad but also expected.



You did not vote.
Stating opinions as absolutes is very weird. I find AOC attractive.
fuluck414 is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:49 PM   #421
spidercrab
veteran
 
spidercrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,209
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Seems like the fair and just outcome would be to disqualify all remaining participants and award this year's title to Anna Kendrick.
spidercrab is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #422
Howard Treesong
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Howard Treesong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In for the long con!
Posts: 14,340
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakmelk View Post
Hot golfer > random russian insta model, Im guessing nobody voted for Spiranac because of her politics which is obviously the case now as AOC is not hot at all.

The relevance factor in Ms OOT is to stop it from becoming your thread (which is definitely fine!) or as someone earlier ITT said, just some guys masturbating to photos of girls on the internet.

You're not being fair to the rest or yourself if your argument is that the reaction to the AOC campaign was purely because of her political color (and therefor ALTRIGHT!) while Im guessing it was mostly fueled by the way some posters went about it (dedicated to burning down the Ms OOT contest because it didn't align with their worldy views). Some people will be caught up in the middle of it all and that is sad but also expected.



You did not vote.


I would like my vote retroactively cast for lovekaty.
Howard Treesong is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:51 PM   #423
Howard Treesong
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Howard Treesong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In for the long con!
Posts: 14,340
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuluck414 View Post
Stating opinions as absolutes is very weird. I find AOC attractive.

Of course AOC is attractive.
Howard Treesong is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:52 PM   #424
Yakmelk
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Yakmelk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Slowly dying
Posts: 14,103
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuluck414 View Post
Stating opinions as absolutes is very weird. I find AOC attractive.
It was an attempt at lightheartedness, ofcourse some people find her attractive. That doesnt change the point that was made in that sentence though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidercrab View Post
Seems like the fair and just outcome would be to disqualify all remaining participants and award this year's title to Anna Kendrick.
I could get behind this you know ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Treesong View Post
I would like my vote retroactively cast for lovekaty.
What about relevance though?!
Yakmelk is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #425
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,266
Re: Ms. OOT 2018 Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakmelk View Post
Hot golfer > random russian insta model, Im guessing nobody voted for Spiranac because of her politics which is obviously the case now as AOC is not hot at all.

The relevance factor in Ms OOT is to stop it from becoming your thread (which is definitely fine!) or as someone earlier ITT said, just some guys masturbating to photos of girls on the internet.

You're not being fair to the rest or yourself if your argument is that the reaction to the AOC campaign was purely because of her political color (and therefor ALTRIGHT!) while Im guessing it was mostly fueled by the way some posters went about it (dedicated to burning down the Ms OOT contest because it didn't align with their worldy views). Some people will be caught up in the middle of it all and that is sad but also expected.
let's say aoc wins miss oot 2018. what effect does that have on miss oot 2019? by the rules of the contest she'll be unable to compete ever again. if she doesn't win, she'll be barred for the next 4 years.

if another forum actually wanted to **** up miss oot (which there is no evidence of. there was never any collusion.) they'd pick sonia sotomayor or cynthia nixon, not the 29-year-old hottest member of congress. this is a one-time thing based on aoc's physical attractiveness and bigtime 2018 cultural relevance.

there's no liberal conspiracy to bring down miss oot, believe me.
ScreaminAsian is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive