Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Other Topics Discussion of arts & entertainment, pop culture, food & drink, health and exercise, fashion, relationships, work, and just about anything else in life except poker, sports, religion and politics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2017, 03:00 PM   #2526
jmakin
 
jmakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Streaming
Posts: 28,284
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

I've already ****ing apologized for it and admitted it was wrong. I don't see the point in continuing banging that drum, it was 2 years ago ffs. I'm sure some tards here do it to get a rise out of me but it's getting super old. And a few posters here did way worse completely unprovoked - and this site babs made is way far out of line compared to anything I did. So obviously I am taking action as any reasonable person would.
jmakin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #2527
Natamus
Tripped and Fell
 
Natamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where the buggalo roam
Posts: 13,312
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmakin View Post
I've already ****ing apologized for it and admitted it was wrong. I don't see the point in continuing banging that drum, it was 2 years ago ffs. I'm sure some tards here do it to get a rise out of me but it's getting super old. And a few posters here did way worse completely unprovoked - and this site babs made is way far out of line compared to anything I did. So obviously I am taking action as any reasonable person would.


Everyone fails to acknowledge the larger point at hand:

If Jim was not a terrible human being than anyone contacting his family for any reason would have zero effect. But he is, and they all know he is. So if one stranger randomly says "hey you may want to check out XYZ to see the real version of how your brother/son/whomever acts" and there is nothing see there, then nothing comes of it.

I would personally be a little embarrassed if my parents or siblings saw every time I reacted or snapped at some idiot mouth breather on 2+2 - but I know they could read every post and not have their opinions change of me.

Soooooo anything on the internet that Nima did that his family is upset enough with him that it ruined all his relationships - that's his own fault and will only ever be his own fault.

Any pointing to anyone else for any reason is deflection. End of story. At some point in life that fat waste of existence and 3rd grade math skills needs to own responsibility for his life. Blaming JMakin for anything is just continuing the cycle of loserness without any maturity.
Natamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:54 PM   #2528
lapka
 
lapka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Now... in a surprisingly good place
Posts: 6,632
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natamus View Post
Everyone fails to acknowledge the larger point at hand:

If Jim was not a terrible human being than anyone contacting his family for any reason would have zero effect. But he is, and they all know he is. So if one stranger randomly says "hey you may want to check out XYZ to see the real version of how your brother/son/whomever acts" and there is nothing see there, then nothing comes of it.

I would personally be a little embarrassed if my parents or siblings saw every time I reacted or snapped at some idiot mouth breather on 2+2 - but I know they could read every post and not have their opinions change of me.

Soooooo anything on the internet that Nima did that his family is upset enough with him that it ruined all his relationships - that's his own fault and will only ever be his own fault.

Any pointing to anyone else for any reason is deflection. End of story. At some point in life that fat waste of existence and 3rd grade math skills needs to own responsibility for his life. Blaming JMakin for anything is just continuing the cycle of loserness without any maturity.
This. An I mean how would the situation be in RL? Would babs ever dare to push JM the same way in RL?

Some think that internet is an exception from normal rules of human interactions. It is not. Like in RL if you insult someone, you have to think about consequences.
lapka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #2529
samuri8
old hand
 
samuri8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Flyover country
Posts: 1,674
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Lapka, you must have missed the part where everyone in this thread was just kidding around.
samuri8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:13 PM   #2530
lapka
 
lapka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Now... in a surprisingly good place
Posts: 6,632
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

You mean babs' thread?
lapka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:22 PM   #2531
Neil S
King of the sidebar
 
Neil S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 18,693
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natamus View Post
Everyone fails to acknowledge the larger point at hand:

If Jim was not a terrible human being than anyone contacting his family for any reason would have zero effect. But he is, and they all know he is. So if one stranger randomly says "hey you may want to check out XYZ to see the real version of how your brother/son/whomever acts" and there is nothing see there, then nothing comes of it.

I would personally be a little embarrassed if my parents or siblings saw every time I reacted or snapped at some idiot mouth breather on 2+2 - but I know they could read every post and not have their opinions change of me.

Soooooo anything on the internet that Nima did that his family is upset enough with him that it ruined all his relationships - that's his own fault and will only ever be his own fault.

Any pointing to anyone else for any reason is deflection. End of story. At some point in life that fat waste of existence and 3rd grade math skills needs to own responsibility for his life. Blaming JMakin for anything is just continuing the cycle of loserness without any maturity.
Most family relationships wouldn't be 'ruined' by a link and a note.

Nimadamus could only have been hurt by a link and a note because he was being dishonest with them and taking advantage of them for years, as far as allowing his father's condo to be a base for a coke dealer.
Neil S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:00 PM   #2532
rakemeplz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rakemeplz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: All haters will get grunched
Posts: 11,463
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Neil S....Dude we aren't supposed to be talking about how NJ1980 used tdad's residence as a support system for a small scale coke dealing enterprise I don't think.

Bab's wouldn't like that.

Lets just...

Spoiler:

Last edited by rakemeplz; 07-17-2017 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Jesus, babs or babs' sister might be reading the thread right now, what would they think then?
rakemeplz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #2533
redbuck
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: S GA
Posts: 2,477
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Link to the babs thread...
redbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:09 PM   #2534
Natamus
Tripped and Fell
 
Natamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where the buggalo roam
Posts: 13,312
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbuck View Post
Link to the babs thread...


I was going to say no one has time to go back through both the "job is driving me crazy, thinking of quitting" or the "beeoyoft containment thread"

But I think redbuck is the specific demographic of person who absolutely has the time to read through all that ****!
Natamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #2535
Rexx14
Pooh-Bah
 
Rexx14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,673
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Ok thanks for the clarification. It sounds like Tbab was a nightmare and although I would be pissed if someone linked my family to an internet thread, it wouldn't actually impact my relationship with them as all it would do is reaffirm what I am like in RL. I mean I might cringe a little but overall blah lol. It's just something I could never see myself doing unless someone admitted to something heinous and then I would happily **** with their real life.

J,

I'm sorry I brought up something you find painful, I was just curious as to what happened. Btw I don't at all agree with this website that has been put up about you.
Rexx14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:06 PM   #2536
Tuma
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Tuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The long and winding road.
Posts: 10,968
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

wiper throwing Babs to the wolves over sbr points is what this is really about.
Tuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:07 PM   #2537
samuri8
old hand
 
samuri8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Flyover country
Posts: 1,674
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapka View Post
You mean babs' thread?


Yes, sorry for the confusion. It's all one big thread to me (coasted past 100k unless microbob altered the records, which is entirely possible).
samuri8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:52 PM   #2538
redbuck
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: S GA
Posts: 2,477
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natamus View Post
I was going to say no one has time to go back through both the "job is driving me crazy, thinking of quitting" or the "beeoyoft containment thread"

But I think redbuck is the specific demographic of person who absolutely has the time to read through all that ****!
You're right, I do have a little time on my hands, but I think I read all that already, I was just looking for the site were babs flames jmakin...
redbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:56 PM   #2539
ninetynine99
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ninetynine99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Who wants to know?
Posts: 9,245
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuri8 View Post
coasted past 100k...
Indeed it did.

I used to keep track of the aggregate total and post it from time-to-time, but I lost count after a while.
ninetynine99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:01 PM   #2540
Banned4lyfe
Sup-Bah? Pop-Bah Pooh-Bear Permanently Pooh-Bah Billy Walters Jr
 
Banned4lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal ✈
Posts: 13,885
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
wiper throwing Babs to the wolves over sbr points is what this is really about.
Wiper and his fake gold coins. Beeyoft!
Banned4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:28 PM   #2541
lapka
 
lapka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Now... in a surprisingly good place
Posts: 6,632
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexx14 View Post
Ok thanks for the clarification. It sounds like Tbab was a nightmare and although I would be pissed if someone linked my family to an internet thread, it wouldn't actually impact my relationship with them as all it would do is reaffirm what I am like in RL. I mean I might cringe a little but overall blah lol. It's just something I could never see myself doing unless someone admitted to something heinous and then I would happily **** with their real life.

J,

I'm sorry I brought up something you find painful, I was just curious as to what happened. Btw I don't at all agree with this website that has been put up about you.
- Why not?

- What is "heinous" in your worldview?

- And how are you in RL? If someone is going to try to abuse you, would you also not tell to his family/friends/police if that would ruin the abusers life? If no, why not?
lapka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #2542
auralex14
adept
 
auralex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,173
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapka View Post
- Why not? Because it's pathetic. I guess you missed the post where jmakin himself said it was wrong for him to do.

- What is "heinous" in your worldview? A lot of stuff. Talking **** on the internet doesn't meet the threshold

- And how are you in RL? If someone is going to try to abuse you, would you also not tell to his family/friends/police if that would ruin the abusers life? If no, why not?
Abuse you, as in talk **** on an Internet forum? Most sane people wouldn't resort to running to that persons mommy or daddy or sister or boss and crying about it. Why not? Because most people are rational.
auralex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #2543
LKJ
Smugly Contemptuous
 
LKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 84,465
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

There's sort of a principle where it's in everyone's best interest to some extent (some to a much greater extent than others, Babs chiefly among them) to keep a dividing line where online doesn't have to creep into IRL. It's generally just good sense, for pure self-interest if nothing else, to protect that principle across the board in all but the most extreme circumstances.

"Extremely bad person" was present here in the form of Babs, but "extreme circumstances" were not. In any case, as J has noted, he has conceded the point 10 times over.
LKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:00 PM   #2544
lapka
 
lapka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Now... in a surprisingly good place
Posts: 6,632
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralex14 View Post
Abuse you, as in talk **** on an Internet forum? Most sane people wouldn't resort to running to that persons mommy or daddy or sister or boss and crying about it. Why not? Because most people are rational.
Na abuse in RL would be per definition be not **** talk on the internet forum.

If you just transfer the same into RL. If you get talked too exactly like **** talk on the internet, if someone behaves towards you like **** behave on the internet only in RL would your reaction be different in RL?

And I don't know if you are a guy or a girl?
Pay attention that there are various sexes here involved.
lapka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:09 PM   #2545
lapka
 
lapka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Now... in a surprisingly good place
Posts: 6,632
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ View Post
There's sort of a principle where it's in everyone's best interest to some extent (some to a much greater extent than others, Babs chiefly among them) to keep a dividing line where online doesn't have to creep into IRL. It's generally just good sense, for pure self-interest if nothing else, to protect that principle across the board in all but the most extreme circumstances.

"Extremely bad person" was present here in the form of Babs, but "extreme circumstances" were not. In any case, as J has noted, he has conceded the point 10 times over.
I am trying to understand more general than babs and JM the point of dividing line between RL and internet. I don't get this principle.

Can you give me a pointer why it is in everyone's interest?
lapka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:18 PM   #2546
LKJ
Smugly Contemptuous
 
LKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 84,465
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapka View Post
I am trying to understand more general than babs and JM the point of dividing line between RL and internet. I don't get this principle.

Can you give me a pointer why it is in everyone's interest?
The short answer: people surely speak more freely on here about private matters if they feel like there's a certain buffer in between here and their offline life, and as a result the site is better for this principle staying in place. Even if not for your own protection, the site's content is improved by it.

I feel like I'm probably on the low-exposure side of things since I don't subscribe to this weirdness where so many at least profess to act so much differently online than they do IRL; I'm roughly the exact same online and offline, with the only variance probably being that things do get lost in translation when text is all a person ever gets from you.

Still, if nothing else I'd probably cringe at people I know IRL seeing that I have such an atrociously large post count on this website, and I'm quite certain that I have any number of posts that either haven't aged well or were just terrible to begin with; it's not like someone with animosity toward me would just be linking to my day-to-day mundane posts that nobody would bat an eye at.
LKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:21 PM   #2547
Neil S
King of the sidebar
 
Neil S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 18,693
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Nimadamus was secretly photographing his tenant to post photos of her online while posting sexual fantasies about her.

Another tenant he let run a coke dealing operation.

By the way the condo in question was actually his father's.

I'm not sure where the heinous line is but to me that invasion of privacy crossed it.
Neil S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:00 PM   #2548
Yakmelk
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Yakmelk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Slowly dying
Posts: 13,795
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapka View Post
I am trying to understand more general than babs and JM the point of dividing line between RL and internet. I don't get this principle.

Can you give me a pointer why it is in everyone's interest?
Internet is simply different from RL for a whole lot of obvious reasons which include the reasons made clear by LKJ. If you dont get this, the internet is perfect for you.
Yakmelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #2549
lapka
 
lapka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Now... in a surprisingly good place
Posts: 6,632
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ View Post
The short answer: people surely speak more freely on here about private matters if they feel like there's a certain buffer in between here and their offline life, and as a result the site is better for this principle staying in place. Even if not for your own protection, the site's content is improved by it.

I feel like I'm probably on the low-exposure side of things since I don't subscribe to this weirdness where so many at least profess to act so much differently online than they do IRL; I'm roughly the exact same online and offline, with the only variance probably being that things do get lost in translation when text is all a person ever gets from you.

Still, if nothing else I'd probably cringe at people I know IRL seeing that I have such an atrociously large post count on this website, and I'm quite certain that I have any number of posts that either haven't aged well or were just terrible to begin with; it's not like someone with animosity toward me would just be linking to my day-to-day mundane posts that nobody would bat an eye at.
I understand your point. I would also cringe if people in RL around me would have read my blog. But I also check on the pretty regular basis to which extent the info I leave here is traceable back to RL me.

Considering the content of other people. For me it is rarely to never interesting to have the info that can be traced to the RL person. I mean seriously..... Do I care if you are called Jon, Jim or Mike? Nope. What is interesting are your thoughts on certain problems or situations, your non-personalized experience... something that I can in one or other way apply to my life. It is interesting to see a problem from someone and to look for solution. It is interesting to see how people think and react. But all this things that are interesting for me require zero information about your name, address, social security and not even an email.

So your two points:
-own line between the internet and RL
-general content of the site
for keeping the line are not applicable here.


It would however be applicable for JM.

edit: what is interesting is to see the movements of the soul and intellect, emotions. And you can post a lot of it and still have a pretty good buffer between this site and your life.

Last edited by lapka; 07-18-2017 at 03:26 PM. Reason: continue to think about all that.
lapka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #2550
lapka
 
lapka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Now... in a surprisingly good place
Posts: 6,632
Re: Hunchcapping, eating contests, and general OOT betting/wagering discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakmelk View Post
Internet is simply different from RL for a whole lot of obvious reasons which include the reasons made clear by LKJ. If you dont get this, the internet is perfect for you.
Exactly in this we disagree.

If you could enlist one or other of the reasons, instead of saying "It is just so" that would be cool.
lapka is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online