Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Other Topics Discussion of arts & entertainment, pop culture, food & drink, health and exercise, fashion, relationships, work, and just about anything else in life except poker, sports, religion and politics.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2017, 04:27 PM   #4676
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 27,143
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

I have, but it wasn't on a ship, or a Rodney.
pig4bill is offline  
Old 10-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #4677
1BigOT
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 556
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!



An aperture and a vanishing point are inextricably linked. No optical device, whether eye or Hubble Telescope, can observe a receding object forever. Yet, according to Cal Tech, "The farthest that Hubble has seen so far is about 10-15 billion light-years away." Let's do the math. 15,000,000,000 ("light-years") x 5,880,000,000,000 (miles in a "light-year") = 88,200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 miles. That's 88.2 OCTILLION miles.

Reposting some facebook for you dummies.
1BigOT is offline  
Old 10-10-2017, 05:37 PM   #4678
Didace
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Didace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,230
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

I have no idea what the rest of that is supposed to mean, but this -
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BigOT View Post
An aperture and a vanishing point are inextricably linked.
is nonsense.
Didace is online now  
Old 10-10-2017, 05:43 PM   #4679
LostOstrich
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LostOstrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Head in the sand
Posts: 15,164
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
I want real proof of your side and you can’t come up with anything except pathetic videos which literally only prove one thing. How dumb your side is and how gullible you are.
Two things!

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Amongst the things these videos prove are how dumb your side is, how gullible you are, and how disingenuous your arguments are!

Three things. I'll come in again.

LostOstrich is offline  
Old 10-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #4680
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 27,143
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BigOT View Post


An aperture and a vanishing point are inextricably linked. No optical device, whether eye or Hubble Telescope, can observe a receding object forever. Yet, according to Cal Tech, "The farthest that Hubble has seen so far is about 10-15 billion light-years away." Let's do the math. 15,000,000,000 ("light-years") x 5,880,000,000,000 (miles in a "light-year") = 88,200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 miles. That's 88.2 OCTILLION miles.

Reposting some facebook for you dummies.
What's your point?

BTW, it's light that Hubble sees. And everyone sees that light too, it's just too dim for people to resolve. Light goes forever unless it's absorbed. Therefore, Hubble sees "forever" except for the light that hasn't yet reached it because stars may be too far away to have traveled to us in the last ~14 billion years.
pig4bill is offline  
Old 10-10-2017, 07:24 PM   #4681
Morphismus
Gimperator
 
Morphismus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Leader of some green in the dirt
Posts: 15,638
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Does Hubble actually exist according to flat-tards? I'm not up to speed on this.
Morphismus is offline  
Old 10-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #4682
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 38,887
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphismus View Post
Does Hubble actually exist according to flat-tards? I'm not up to speed on this.
Nope.
capone0 is online now  
Old 10-10-2017, 10:09 PM   #4683
moo buckets
veteran
 
moo buckets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: m then o, e then y
Posts: 2,421
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Las Vegas Shooter Purchased 33 Firearms in Just the Last Year

You don't say.

Quote:
Investigators are still trying to pin down Stephen Paddock’s motive for opening fire on thousands of country music fans in Las Vegas, killing 58 people and wounding nearly 500 in the worst mass shooting in modern US history.


STEPHEN = 33
moo buckets is offline  
Old 10-10-2017, 10:13 PM   #4684
moo buckets
veteran
 
moo buckets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: m then o, e then y
Posts: 2,421
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
A genuine researcher would be looking for explanations of what they don't understand, and falsifications of what they think is the case.
I actually got blocked by a FE account on twitter when I asked why the illuminated part of the moon always faces the sun, assuming the sun is farther away. He got really mad and blocked me after I sent him maybe 4 messages. That was pretty bad.

OK OK OK OK OK

Explain this clearly for me.

I can stand at the beach and notice a boat disappears. ERGO curvature

I can get in an airplane and go thousands of feet in the air, and see a perfectly straight line from left to right.

How is this compatible? Answer it plainly, don't add any insults or memes. Contribute to the discussion.
moo buckets is offline  
Old 10-10-2017, 10:17 PM   #4685
moo buckets
veteran
 
moo buckets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: m then o, e then y
Posts: 2,421
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphismus View Post
This is pretty good and I will be sharing this with others. Thanks.
moo buckets is offline  
Old 10-10-2017, 10:22 PM   #4686
moo buckets
veteran
 
moo buckets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: m then o, e then y
Posts: 2,421
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

BigOT - unblock Westley just to look at post #3916. It's worth it.
moo buckets is offline  
Old 10-10-2017, 10:27 PM   #4687
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 27,143
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo buckets View Post
I actually got blocked by a FE account on twitter when I asked why the illuminated part of the moon always faces the sun, assuming the sun is farther away. He got really mad and blocked me after I sent him maybe 4 messages. That was pretty bad.

OK OK OK OK OK

Explain this clearly for me.

I can stand at the beach and notice a boat disappears. ERGO curvature

I can get in an airplane and go thousands of feet in the air, and see a perfectly straight line from left to right.

How is this compatible? Answer it plainly, don't add any insults or memes. Contribute to the discussion.
When you watch a boat sail away and disappear, you're watching 10 to 15 feet of the boat being hidden by the curvature. Do you expect to be able to look out a plane window at 10 or 15 miles of horizon and perceive 15 FEET of curvature?
pig4bill is offline  
Old 10-10-2017, 10:42 PM   #4688
Didace
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Didace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,230
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo buckets View Post
I can get in an airplane and go thousands of feet in the air, and see a perfectly straight line from left to right.

How is this compatible?
How many times have you been flying over the ocean with no clouds anywhere to be seen?
Didace is online now  
Old 10-10-2017, 10:48 PM   #4689
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 38,887
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

What kind of curvature are you expecting to see when you're at most 7 miles from something when flying, that is 4000 miles in radius or 8k miles in diameter so less than 1/1000 of the diameter of earth? I think someone posted a video where you cut a orange which is a sphere and that's what you're seeing when on earth--the round "flat" circle" i.e. the horizon.
capone0 is online now  
Old 10-10-2017, 11:44 PM   #4690
moo buckets
veteran
 
moo buckets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: m then o, e then y
Posts: 2,421
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Yeah but you can see really far in every direction and the horizon is always in front of you, and never beneath you?

Weird
moo buckets is offline  
Old 10-10-2017, 11:51 PM   #4691
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 38,887
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Are you referring to perspective? If I was on the top of a mt, lets say mt Everest, I’m pretty sure the horizon would be below me.
capone0 is online now  
Old 10-11-2017, 03:39 AM   #4692
fidstar-poker
I'm gonna need a hacksaw
 
fidstar-poker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Spaining
Posts: 23,592
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Disappointed in everyone not just letting this thread die after the putrid **** posted by those two about LV.

They don't even deserve this entertainment.
fidstar-poker is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 08:45 AM   #4693
moo buckets
veteran
 
moo buckets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: m then o, e then y
Posts: 2,421
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
Are you referring to perspective? If I was on the top of a mt, lets say mt Everest, I’m pretty sure the horizon would be below me.
Right, and I'm "pretty sure" having an atmosplane in right next to the vacuum of space is possible.

Just like how you can throw ice cubes in a fire and watch them burn, right?

lol
moo buckets is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #4694
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 38,887
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo buckets View Post
Right, and I'm "pretty sure" having an atmosplane in right next to the vacuum of space is possible.

Just like how you can throw ice cubes in a fire and watch them burn, right?

lol
Just like you’re pretty sure the earth is flat because you feel like it. Gtfo of here with your logically nonsense. Is the horizon above you on a tall mt, clue me in all knowing Oz.
capone0 is online now  
Old 10-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #4695
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 27,143
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo buckets View Post
Right, and I'm "pretty sure" having an atmosplane in right next to the vacuum of space is possible.
Of course it is. You have to acknowledge gravity to understand it.
pig4bill is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #4696
1BigOT
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 556
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidstar-poker View Post
Disappointed in everyone not just letting this thread die after the putrid **** posted by those two about LV.

They don't even deserve this entertainment.


Theyre dozens of videos, reasons, contradictions, etc in the LV shooting. If you're so upset about it why don't you do yourself a favor and back out of the thread and keep your head in the sand somewhere else.
1BigOT is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #4697
57 On Red
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,674
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo buckets View Post

OK OK OK OK OK

Explain this clearly for me.

I can stand at the beach and notice a boat disappears. ERGO curvature

I can get in an airplane and go thousands of feet in the air, and see a perfectly straight line from left to right.

How is this compatible? Answer it plainly, don't add any insults or memes. Contribute to the discussion.
When you're on Earth or anywhere close to it, the distance to the horizon is the same in any direction, so it has to look straight. Once you reach a certain altitude, the curve becomes apparent, just as you can see the curve on a bowling ball. Many passengers on Concorde at 60,000 feet reported seeing the curve, and US reconnaissance pilots on U-2s and SR-71s have said that is the altitude where you start seeing it. Most people probably first saw it in the photographs that John Glenn took on his three orbits in 1962. In 1968, of course, the Apollo 8 crew took the first TV pictures and photographs showing the whole globe in space.
57 On Red is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 02:17 PM   #4698
57 On Red
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,674
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOstrich View Post
Two things!

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Amongst the things these videos prove are how dumb your side is, how gullible you are, and how disingenuous your arguments are!

Three things. I'll come in again.
Not long ago I passed Mike Palin on the Heath. He was out for a run, in vest and shorts, and very red in the face. I thought, 'You know, that stuff isn't really good for you,' but obviously didn't say so.

I sometimes run into Terry Jones on the Heath as well, and he always greets me like an old friend, though I don't know him at all, we've just crossed paths now and then. He's got a particular form of dementia which leads people to greet anyone they think they might recognise, just in case -- 'Good morning!' he'll go brightly, at four in the afternoon -- so I just say hello back.
57 On Red is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 04:00 PM   #4699
Morphismus
Gimperator
 
Morphismus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Leader of some green in the dirt
Posts: 15,638
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57 On Red View Post
When you're on Earth or anywhere close to it, the distance to the horizon is the same in any direction, so it has to look straight. Once you reach a certain altitude, the curve becomes apparent, just as you can see the curve on a bowling ball. Many passengers on Concorde at 60,000 feet reported seeing the curve, and US reconnaissance pilots on U-2s and SR-71s have said that is the altitude where you start seeing it. Most people probably first saw it in the photographs that John Glenn took on his three orbits in 1962. In 1968, of course, the Apollo 8 crew took the first TV pictures and photographs showing the whole globe in space.
In b4 we hear that the Concorde, U-2s and SR-71s were all hoaxes.
Morphismus is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #4700
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 27,143
Re: Hoo boy: the flat earth, "scientism", Satan, and the Transgender agenda. Wake up sheeple!

I've seen U2's fly right over my head at about 300 feet, so I know they aren't CGI.
pig4bill is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online