Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Other Topics Discussion of arts & entertainment, pop culture, food & drink, health and exercise, fashion, relationships, work, and just about anything else in life except poker, sports, religion and politics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 03:34 AM   #201
AdamSchwartz
Shippy McShiperson
 
AdamSchwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 2 twins no cups
Posts: 8,527
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Pics of stuff/living conditions plz
AdamSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:05 AM   #202
SmithGroupRep
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 195
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSchwartz View Post
Pics of stuff/living conditions plz
Pics denied, I am comfortable talking about it, but in the rare case that I am outed, I do not want those who view this forum and figure out who I am to completely alienate me, as these pics would most certainly do so.
SmithGroupRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #203
SmithGroupRep
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 195
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_but_rich View Post
I saw a homeless man standing in the rain screaming at the top of his lungs just a few days ago.
Yeah, that is just a raving derelict.
SmithGroupRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #204
lonely_but_rich
ɔarpal \ʇunnel
 
lonely_but_rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wearing a suit
Posts: 22,573
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithGroupRep View Post
Yeah, that is just a raving derelict.
No, his name is Chris and the cops say he's diagnosed with OCD. I see him all summer long walking up and down the sidewalk counting cracks, going into the hotel to use the bathroom counting steps. That was the first time I'd seen him standing in the rain and the first time I'd seen him screaming like a madman. They offered him assisted living but he turned it down and prefers to sleep in the forest.

Just saying, that'll be you in a few years
lonely_but_rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #205
SmithGroupRep
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 195
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_but_rich View Post
No, his name is Chris and the cops say he's diagnosed with OCD. I see him all summer long walking up and down the sidewalk counting cracks, going into the hotel to use the bathroom counting steps. That was the first time I'd seen him standing in the rain and the first time I'd seen him screaming like a madman. They offered him assisted living but he turned it down and prefers to sleep in the forest.

Just saying, that'll be you in a few years
OCD does not explain the screaming in the rain and is more of a trademark of schizophrenia or psychosis. OCD in itself is not characterized by detachment from reality.
SmithGroupRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #206
lonely_but_rich
ɔarpal \ʇunnel
 
lonely_but_rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wearing a suit
Posts: 22,573
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Yeah, there was a whole list of stuff he had, I was just focusing on the OCD. It's also the most noticeable. He'll walk up and down steps several times before going inside (trying to get an even number I'm sure). I was talking to the clerk at the convenience store and he said he wanted to come in to use the bathroom but couldn't because one of the cabinet doors was open and he couldn't walk past it like that. He stands about 5 feet out in the street and makes you drive around him (no idea what that's about).
lonely_but_rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #207
SmithGroupRep
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 195
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_but_rich View Post
Yeah, there was a whole list of stuff he had, I was just focusing on the OCD. It's also the most noticeable. He'll walk up and down steps several times before going inside (trying to get an even number I'm sure). I was talking to the clerk at the convenience store and he said he wanted to come in to use the bathroom but couldn't because one of the cabinet doors was open and he couldn't walk past it like that. He stands about 5 feet out in the street and makes you drive around him (no idea what that's about).
There are 10 primary personality disorders that can be associated with Axis II of the DSM-IV, and it is pretty evident that this case study is not the Avoidant that I am. In fact, a lot of his behavior seems quite narcissist.
SmithGroupRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #208
BukNaked36
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,812
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithGroupRep View Post
That was a dark incident, indeed, and I had to show restraint in order to do something very regretful.
Your above statement has an error in it.

How do you feel about making an error in your thread?

I believe I would look at you as young, slim, and very proper in dress and behavior. This might set off my gadar. Do you think you are percieved as gay?

Since you find people difficult to deal with IRL, do you look at the internet as a Godsend for communication?

Thank you for an interesting thread. I have mental illness in my family (bipolar) and have a hard time understanding it at times. Reading this type of thread helps.
BukNaked36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #209
SmithGroupRep
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 195
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BukNaked36 View Post
Your above statement has an error in it.

How do you feel about making an error in your thread?

I believe I would look at you as young, slim, and very proper in dress and behavior. This might set off my gadar. Do you think you are percieved as gay?

Since you find people difficult to deal with IRL, do you look at the internet as a Godsend for communication?

Thank you for an interesting thread. I have mental illness in my family (bipolar) and have a hard time understanding it at times. Reading this type of thread helps.
Yeah, that error pisses me off, especially when I double-check my posts; I obviously meant to express that I had to prevent myself from doing something regretful...maybe this is my way of subconsciously still wanting to perform the action?

The internet IS a communication godsend, and it is my primary outlet of expression.

And trust me, I do NOT dress in a proper manner, I look like a reject and have never set off anyone's gadar.

But I am glad you like my thread, and my family also has a history of bipolar disorder, fwiw.
SmithGroupRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #210
SmithGroupRep
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 195
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

*sigh* I am so reluctant to post pics of my living environment...I look at them, and I just know that people will realize the severity of my hoarding and likely have a lesser opinion by simply glancing at them.

I mean, I have the pics on my computer, but I cannot do it, even in the interests of education.
SmithGroupRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #211
lonely_but_rich
ɔarpal \ʇunnel
 
lonely_but_rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wearing a suit
Posts: 22,573
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

You want us to talk you into it or something?
lonely_but_rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #212
jph1326
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 21
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

A couple random questions....

1. Have you ever did any drugs, and if so, how was the experience?

2. How many push ups can you do in 2 minutes?

3. Most valuable collectable?

thanks for sharing.
jph1326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #213
BukNaked36
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,812
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

How are you able to play poker without getting totally obsessed over it?

I consider myself very normal and still get tilted and have a hard time going to sleep after a bad session.
BukNaked36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #214
DDNK
veteran
 
DDNK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ~Vietnam
Posts: 2,591
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithGroupRep View Post
OCD does not explain the screaming in the rain and is more of a trademark of schizophrenia or psychosis. OCD in itself is not characterized by detachment from reality.
Why he was really screaming: He could not count all the rain drops.
DDNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #215
lonely_but_rich
ɔarpal \ʇunnel
 
lonely_but_rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wearing a suit
Posts: 22,573
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNK View Post
Why he was really screaming: He could not count all the rain drops.
This is exactly what I was thinking, haha.
lonely_but_rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #216
SmithGroupRep
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 195
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jph1326 View Post
A couple random questions....

1. Have you ever did any drugs, and if so, how was the experience?

2. How many push ups can you do in 2 minutes?

3. Most valuable collectable?

thanks for sharing.
1. Never. I do not smoke, never done any drugs, and until I binged this past week over my break-up, had been 2 years since I had last touched alcohol.

2. 33, but I only count "real" push-ups.

3. A full set of Magic the Gathering since its inception, which is valued at tens of thousands of dollars.
SmithGroupRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #217
SmithGroupRep
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 195
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BukNaked36 View Post
How are you able to play poker without getting totally obsessed over it?

I consider myself very normal and still get tilted and have a hard time going to sleep after a bad session.
I have learned to deal with it over time as long as I make the correct play, and during sessions, my meds make me the calmest person at the table. Cards are fair, and I only get tilted when something happens that I perceive to be unfair.
SmithGroupRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #218
Claunchy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Claunchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 10,759
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

wrt the hoarding: does your apartment/house look something like Steve Carell's in 40 Year-Old Virgin, with a ton of collectibles neatly organized, or is **** just piled all over your floor to where it's difficult to walk around? Or somewhere in between those?
Claunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #219
DontWakeDaddy
veteran
 
DontWakeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Giroux > Kesler
Posts: 2,231
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

just post a ****ing pic
DontWakeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #220
Neocom
grinder
 
Neocom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 699
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

what's your IQ?

what's your poker bankroll?

how old are you?

Last edited by Neocom; 08-07-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Neocom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #221
inavacuum
journeyman
 
inavacuum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 282
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Hello OP.

Do you have any particular irrational avoidance? For example, you might not like a particular number to the extreme that you can't even write it in someone's note window.

Do you have irrational thought-controlled behaviour? For example, you were thinking about the wrong thing when you walked through the door - better do it again!
inavacuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #222
Miyogi
adept
 
Miyogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,021
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithGroupRep View Post

3. A full set of Magic the Gathering since its inception, which is valued at tens of thousands of dollars.
Do you ever sell your collectibles or would that interfere with the need to be the best at collecting? Would you want to sell a collectible like your magic set if it was declining in value ie people were just not playing the game anymore.
Miyogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #223
SmithGroupRep
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 195
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claunchy View Post
wrt the hoarding: does your apartment/house look something like Steve Carell's in 40 Year-Old Virgin, with a ton of collectibles neatly organized, or is **** just piled all over your floor to where it's difficult to walk around? Or somewhere in between those?
Somewhere in between. I have just as much clutter as he does, and although I can find anything one asks for upon requests, it is organized in heaps and piles of protective material.
SmithGroupRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #224
SmithGroupRep
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 195
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWakeDaddy View Post
just post a ****ing pic
I like your screename, but I must decline.
SmithGroupRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #225
lonely_but_rich
ɔarpal \ʇunnel
 
lonely_but_rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wearing a suit
Posts: 22,573
Re: Ask me about what it is like living with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Like tin foil?
lonely_but_rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive