Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Other Topics Discussion of arts & entertainment, pop culture, food & drink, health and exercise, fashion, relationships, work, and just about anything else in life except poker, sports, religion and politics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2018, 10:54 AM   #476
de captain
veteran
 
de captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Been around
Posts: 3,060
Re: AMA living off the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSapo View Post
I believe I've seen properties around here that have power run to an outlet basically attached to a post.
This is basically what I have now. I also have a temporary line (not yet buried) running from the pole to where I'm building with multiple outlets for working on the house.

What they installed were new overhead lines from the nearest electrical pole (not on my property) they installed poles & wire to bring it to the edge of my property. They put a pole on my property which has a transformer at the top of the pole to reduce the voltage to something I can use. On that same pole they put an electrical meter housed in a large grey metal box. The box has a large circuit breaker and from that circuit breaker I ran temporary outlets and basically a long extension cord.
de captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:37 AM   #477
ElSapo
Pooh-Bah
 
ElSapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: With Abandon.
Posts: 4,686
Re: AMA living off the grid

Couple more battery questions. And thanks again for all this info.

The "smart charger" when I tell it to just charge "optimally" instead of 2/10/20A, tends to settle into 4.2 .... Any idea why? Could be to do with my power coming out, maybe?

Once the battery reaches "full" and I began using it, what is the best way to determine how much energy remains? The GZ charge indicator will show it 100% initially, but fairly quickly drops to 80% and then takes a long time to drop to 60%.

When I begin charging again, the smart charger reads "low."

Was thinking about going ahead and chaining a 2nd battery--could I still buy a twin of this battery or is the use I've put on it going to negatively impact life and capacity?

Is it possible and would there be any reason to do all this with lithium ion batteries?

What difference does smaller loads and charging make? Running a 15 watt bulb, say, v. a 50 watt draw. Does the battery draw down faster?
ElSapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:47 AM   #478
ElSapo
Pooh-Bah
 
ElSapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: With Abandon.
Posts: 4,686
Re: AMA living off the grid

Oh, and one more: Can you charge a battery from multiple chargers? The solar connection installed in the GZ, for instance, or theoretically a second AC charge?
ElSapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #479
ChaseNutley26
Pooh-Bah
 
ChaseNutley26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East Jabip
Posts: 4,559
Re: AMA living off the grid

Just finished my first readthrough of Issue #1.

First things first: do you say "ampersand" or simply "and" ranch? I've been mentally ampersanding it.

Second, it's a quality publication, better than I was expecting -- photos and color art especially. You've definitely got a unique thing going on here, very wild and weird. I don't like the poetry, but I'm a ****ing snob and I never like the poetry. Acid trip sequence is probably my favorite part.

What's the deal with the library cards? Suggested reading? Nice touch in any case.

Looking forward to my next dose....
ChaseNutley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:17 PM   #480
ElSapo
Pooh-Bah
 
ElSapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: With Abandon.
Posts: 4,686
Re: AMA living off the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseNutley26 View Post
Just finished my first readthrough of Issue #1.

First things first: do you say "ampersand" or simply "and" ranch? I've been mentally ampersanding it.
"Ampersand Ranch"

Quote:
Second, it's a quality publication, better than I was expecting -- photos and color art especially. You've definitely got a unique thing going on here, very wild and weird. I don't like the poetry, but I'm a ****ing snob and I never like the poetry. Acid trip sequence is probably my favorite part.Looking forward to my next dose....
Thanks! Much appreciated. Yeah, one of the things about & is there's a lot of different genres and forms in it all at once. Which I think can be good and bad. There's a "variety show" aspect that I dislike. And we've all read books where only half of the story interests you and you jump back and forth ...

On the other hand, if someone doesn't like poetry there's plenty of other things to find to like....

I'm excited to put together #2. There are a bunch of ideas kicking around in my head, and I don't feel particularly beholden to #1, it doesn't have to be the same...

So far sales have been slow (Etsy store link) ... I wound up with 2,000 of them due to a printing mistake. So it prices out that I could almost give them away, but you still gotta find the peoples.

May need a storage unit for all these boxes

Quote:
What's the deal with the library cards? Suggested reading? Nice touch in any case.
Oh, like a note or something? I use library card catalog cards in a lot of stuff I do. I got a few thousand from a library several years ago and I love the vibe and style of them. So I write notes on them, send them as postcards, and often use them in projects or pieces I'm working on.


From a set of postcards I did.
ElSapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:42 PM   #481
pokeraz
old hand
 
pokeraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,545
Re: AMA living off the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSapo View Post
"Ampersand Ranch"



Thanks! Much appreciated. Yeah, one of the things about & is there's a lot of different genres and forms in it all at once. Which I think can be good and bad. There's a "variety show" aspect that I dislike. And we've all read books where only half of the story interests you and you jump back and forth ...

On the other hand, if someone doesn't like poetry there's plenty of other things to find to like....

I'm excited to put together #2. There are a bunch of ideas kicking around in my head, and I don't feel particularly beholden to #1, it doesn't have to be the same...

So far sales have been slow (Etsy store link) ... I wound up with 2,000 of them due to a printing mistake. So it prices out that I could almost give them away, but you still gotta find the peoples.

May need a storage unit for all these boxes



Oh, like a note or something? I use library card catalog cards in a lot of stuff I do. I got a few thousand from a library several years ago and I love the vibe and style of them. So I write notes on them, send them as postcards, and often use them in projects or pieces I'm working on.


From a set of postcards I did.
ok, picked one up from etsy
pokeraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:52 PM   #482
ElSapo
Pooh-Bah
 
ElSapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: With Abandon.
Posts: 4,686
Re: AMA living off the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeraz View Post
ok, picked one up from etsy
Very cool, thanks!
ElSapo is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online