Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Beginners Questions Poker beginner? Ask your (possibly) naive question here and our community will attempt to help you.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #1
foul child
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 5
Starting fresh after pause

Hello everyone long time lurker here, i have been playing 25 Nl and 50 NL for a long time, and i have been a losing player for a long time and would like to change that.
My questions are:
1. Are the beginners guides on the forum (made 2009-2010) still viable in todays play? (Any newer stuff about 6-max cash nlhl linked would be appreciated a lot.)
2. In coaching and training sites, which ones are considered the best in nlhe cash 6 max?
There is a lot to choose from, and it is hard to choose i think.
3. Which way do you guys personally handle Tilt?
Thanks in advance.
foul child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:18 AM   #2
sixfour
should be called sevenfour
 
sixfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fire Rod Harrington
Posts: 61,001
Re: Starting fresh after pause

1 - if they're well written, yes, good material works for any time period
2 - wouldn't know, it's mostly flogging a dead horse at this stage imo
3 - by stopping playing
sixfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:12 AM   #3
HSDeathMachine
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 56
Re: Starting fresh after pause

First thing I would do is move down in stakes.

1. I have no idea, I haven't read them. But fundamentals never change so if those aren't solid, get them there.

2. Lots of debate on this. You'll have to do some research and decide for yourself.

3. Go into lockdown mode (only play top of ranges, nutted hands) or leave. I don't tilt often and when I do I can get it under control before things go too haywire. Read Jared Tendler's book on this if it is problem for you. We have a forum dedicated to it here.

Psychology Forum
HSDeathMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #4
foul child
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 5
Re: Starting fresh after pause

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfour View Post
1 - if they're well written, yes, good material works for any time period
2 - wouldn't know, it's mostly flogging a dead horse at this stage imo
3 - by stopping playing

Quote:
First thing I would do is move down in stakes.

1. I have no idea, I haven't read them. But fundamentals never change so if those aren't solid, get them there.

2. Lots of debate on this. You'll have to do some research and decide for yourself.

3. Go into lockdown mode (only play top of ranges, nutted hands) or leave. I don't tilt often and when I do I can get it under control before things go too haywire. Read Jared Tendler's book on this if it is problem for you. We have a forum dedicated to it here.

Psychology Forum
Thanks for the feedback guys, as for question 2. do you have any personal experience with any sites or coaches?
I will look up the Jared Tendler book, thanks for the suggestion.
foul child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #5
Aces123123
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 749
Re: Starting fresh after pause

2 RIO has good material on cash games.
3 Most sites have some form of responsible gambling settings.
Aces123123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #6
foul child
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 5
Re: Starting fresh after pause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces123123 View Post
2 RIO has good material on cash games.
3 Most sites have some form of responsible gambling settings.
Thanks for sharing, i will definitely check it out.
foul child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #7
sw_emigre
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: resurfacing
Posts: 1,230
Re: Starting fresh after pause

there's tons of free videos on YT. Splitsuit is a well done one, though not all is 6max.
sw_emigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:21 PM   #8
foul child
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 5
Re: Starting fresh after pause

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw_emigre View Post
there's tons of free videos on YT. Splitsuit is a well done one, though not all is 6max.
Thanks man, any youtube creators that are making good poker content is very helpful.
foul child is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online