Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Beginners Questions Poker beginner ? Ask your (possibly) naive question here and our community will attempt to help you.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2017, 01:18 PM   #14126
mrno1324
old hand
 
mrno1324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 1,895
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Is there a way to estimate rake in bb/100 from the percentage of the pot raked and the cap? If not what would be a decent sample for estimating rake attributed?
mrno1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:40 AM   #14127
ArtyMcFly
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ArtyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Enchantment Under the Sea
Posts: 7,399
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrno1324 View Post
Is there a way to estimate rake in bb/100 from the percentage of the pot raked and the cap? If not what would be a decent sample for estimating rake attributed?
If you're playing on a site that allows HUDs, just add the "rake $" stat to your HEM reports and then divide it by the number of hands, multiply by 100 then divide by the size of the bb to work out rake bb/100.

If you're on Unibet, just ask in the community forum for your results spreadsheet. It will tell you exactly how much you've won and how much rake you've paid. When I played 4NL and 10NL on Uni, I paid less than 5bb/100 in rake. Stars' rake is a little higher (until 25NL where it's lower than Uni), 888 rake was a fair bit higher at all stakes.
ArtyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:05 PM   #14128
Dymond
centurion
 
Dymond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 112
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

From Wikipedia

Quote:
The expected value of a call is determined by comparing the pot odds to the odds of drawing a card that wins the pot. When the odds of drawing a card that wins the pot are numerically higher than the pot odds, the call has a positive expectation; on average, you win a portion of the pot that is greater than the cost of the call.Conversely, if the odds of drawing a winning card are numerically lower than the pot odds, the call has a negative expectation, and you can expect to win less money on average than it costs to call the bet.
From PSOnline:

Quote:
If the pot odds are higher than your odds of winning, you should call (or raise, in exceptional circumstances). If your pot odds are lower than your chances of winning, you should fold.
Do I need pot odds explained to me or wtf is up?
Dymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:27 PM   #14129
Evoxgsr96
old hand
 
Evoxgsr96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern Lights
Posts: 1,909
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

How wide can my raising range be when there are multiple limps in front of me (live poker)?

Say i'm in LP and there are multiple limps in front, should i just use a standard opening range like J8s+ A8o and QJo+, i feel like these hands play poorly in MW pots besides maybe J8s and we may not always be ahead of limping ranges
(as i see people limp with AJ or AQ, or 99 etc, tbh whenever i see ppl limp i auto tag them as loose passive fish with 100vpip limping **** like J4s UTG but that' not always the case and i feel many ppl including myself over-look how wide certain villain's are limping).

If there was 1 limper there would be more merit to raising things like A8o & QJo, because of the fact that we are more likely to be HU (those hands do fine HU relatively) and we will be more likely to be ahead of 1 limpers limping range.

And obviously if the pot is unopened it's going to be a trivial open depending on villain's left to act behind you etc.

Also forgot to mention about our position, in these examples hero is in LP and i think that's pretty significant as well because playing MW pots OOP is pretty difficult especially with crap like J8s or KJo
Evoxgsr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:13 AM   #14130
Poker Clif
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muskegon, Michigan, USA
Posts: 5,241
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoxgsr96 View Post
How wide can my raising range be when there are multiple limps in front of me (live poker)?

Say i'm in LP and there are multiple limps in front, should i just use a standard opening range like J8s+ A8o and QJo+, i feel like these hands play poorly in MW pots besides maybe J8s and we may not always be ahead of limping ranges
(as i see people limp with AJ or AQ, or 99 etc, tbh whenever i see ppl limp i auto tag them as loose passive fish with 100vpip limping **** like J4s UTG but that' not always the case and i feel many ppl including myself over-look how wide certain villain's are limping).

If there was 1 limper there would be more merit to raising things like A8o & QJo, because of the fact that we are more likely to be HU (those hands do fine HU relatively) and we will be more likely to be ahead of 1 limpers limping range.

And obviously if the pot is unopened it's going to be a trivial open depending on villain's left to act behind you etc.

Also forgot to mention about our position, in these examples hero is in LP and i think that's pretty significant as well because playing MW pots OOP is pretty difficult especially with crap like J8s or KJo
Don't forget about speculative hands. A limpfest is the perfect setup to join the party with hands like A3s, 98s or 55.
Poker Clif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:02 PM   #14131
Evoxgsr96
old hand
 
Evoxgsr96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern Lights
Posts: 1,909
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker Clif View Post
Don't forget about speculative hands. A limpfest is the perfect setup to join the party with hands like A3s, 98s or 55.
Those hands are going to be raised, except for 55 cause it does terribly 100bb deep in a MW pot unless u flop a set, actually unless u are playing vs fit-or-fold villain's who will let you realize 100% of your equity then i will start raising almost all my pp's such as at a nitty table.

In lp i might limp stuff like T7s or 58s, limping works well the later position you are and if villain's behind u are loose passive/not exploiting ur limps as well.
Evoxgsr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:24 AM   #14132
Poker Clif
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muskegon, Michigan, USA
Posts: 5,241
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoxgsr96 View Post
Those hands are going to be raised, except for 55 cause it does terribly 100bb deep in a MW pot unless u flop a set, actually unless u are playing vs fit-or-fold villain's who will let you realize 100% of your equity then i will start raising almost all my pp's such as at a nitty table.

In lp i might limp stuff like T7s or 58s, limping works well the later position you are and if villain's behind u are loose passive/not exploiting ur limps as well.
That is the kind of tournament that I had in mind. There are micro tournaments on one of the sites where I play that are absolute limpfests, with half of the players having a VPIP over 40. They just want to see a lot of hands and do it cheaply because it's more fun than getting 92o, 74o and 83o and folding three times in a row.

But yes, in most cases speculative hands should be played aggressively.
Poker Clif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #14133
King Spew
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
King Spew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Between the cradle and the grave
Posts: 10,436
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameoverpoker View Post
Does Juicy stakes still cash out
Is Juicy Stakes an untracked euro poker site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameoverpoker View Post
what is the easiest deposit method (incl. site)for holdem ?
From which country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameoverpoker View Post
Also, where do people sell their poker funds?
Please rephrase your question as it does not make sense as written.
King Spew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:23 AM   #14134
BadFish2
newbie
 
BadFish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 35
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Dumb Question

I don't have a poker calculator yet and I'm wondering if this is a +EV play

Zoom 6max

Hero has (AKoff) in the small with 120bb

Utg limps
Button raises to to 5x
Hero raises to 9x
BB folds
Utg folds
POT is 16x.
Button shoves for additional 87x
Hero calls
POT is 190x

Button shows AhQh

Hero win 190x

So I guess I have two questions
1) +EV?
2) is there a better/proper way to express the hand?

Thank you!!
BadFish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #14135
sixfour
should be called sevenfour
 
sixfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fire Rod Harrington
Posts: 57,926
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

click it back, call 87bb more, username checks out
sixfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:57 PM   #14136
King Spew
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
King Spew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Between the cradle and the grave
Posts: 10,436
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadFish2 View Post
POT is 16x.
Button shoves for additional 87x
Question #1: How often do you have to be correct to make this call?

Question #2: And even if you say you are not using a HUD (or you have zero stats on this particular villain)......... what range of hands do you put on villain when he

(1) from the button, he raises one limper
and
(2) grossly overbet pushes your (not a good size) min-raise

??
King Spew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:40 PM   #14137
BadFish2
newbie
 
BadFish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 35
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Spew View Post
Question #1: How often do you have to be correct to make this call?

Question #2: And even if you say you are not using a HUD (or you have zero stats on this particular villain)......... what range of hands do you put on villain when he

(1) from the button, he raises one limper
and
(2) grossly overbet pushes your (not a good size) min-raise

??
Q1: 87/190 = 45% of the time?

Q2:
(1) any opening range including steals
(2) 88+, AQ+, 87s+
I would expect a wider range does something silly due to my min raise (fishy) move, but maybe not?

Thank you for the response
BadFish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:42 PM   #14138
BadFish2
newbie
 
BadFish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 35
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfour View Post
click it back, call 87bb more, username checks out
hehe

thank you for the response
BadFish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:56 AM   #14139
djorkaeff
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

I have an account on Winamax since May, playing 99.9% Expresso jackpot games. This week i decided to attack the leaderboard and played tons of games. but on the last day of the challenge, my account was frozen and the reason for this is "sharing account".
I emailed the Winamax team explaining them that i did not share account with anyone or anything, but i received no answer and soon after i found out that my name was removed from the leaderboard.
Also want to state that i have a significant amount of money in my account.
Does this happened to anyone else? Please help!!!!
djorkaeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #14140
King Spew
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
King Spew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Between the cradle and the grave
Posts: 10,436
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Followup answer in the thread you posted about the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djorkaeff View Post
got reply from Winamax rep telling me that i cannot play around 20h/day for 6 days in a row
King Spew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:15 PM   #14141
Mr.DjiSamSoe
adept
 
Mr.DjiSamSoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: IndONEsia
Posts: 779
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Wanna ask dumb question about BR Management :

(Okay,not great) BR management for PLO is about 40Bi..so,if I want to play 0.10/0.25 - I need to have $1k in BR, right..?

Now,my question is,if I play 4 table on 0.10/0.25 stake,is it still count good BR management (regardless if I am bad player) - what stuck in my mind is,for 1k BR you only can play 1 table only on that level..so if I play 4 tables, shouldn't I have 4k in BR?(since 4 tables mean $100 in table and you need minimum 40Bi)

Sorry,if my English is confusing..
Mr.DjiSamSoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:31 PM   #14142
sixfour
should be called sevenfour
 
sixfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fire Rod Harrington
Posts: 57,926
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

The only change you'd make is if you consider that 4-tabling decreases your level of play (which it will) and as such it increases your risk of ruin. Playing 1k hands in 4 hours as opposed to 16 doesn't change matters
sixfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:56 AM   #14143
Pensfan
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 248
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

I guess I though I knew the rules of the game, but maybe I don't. 1/3 live cash game.

Player 1 raises to $27, player two re-raises to $40 not all in.

I thought raises had to be a minimum of twice the original raise meaning a min re-raise here would be $54, right?
Pensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:57 AM   #14144
Kelvis
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,800
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Player 2 needs to make it $51 minimum
Kelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:41 AM   #14145
Pensfan
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 248
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvis View Post
Player 2 needs to make it $51 minimum
Why not $54? Thanks.
Pensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:23 AM   #14146
sixfour
should be called sevenfour
 
sixfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fire Rod Harrington
Posts: 57,926
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

a raise has got to be equal or more than the previous raise
player 1 has raised it $24
player 2 has to raise it another $24 more as a minimum
sixfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:40 AM   #14147
Pensfan
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 248
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfour View Post
a raise has got to be equal or more than the previous raise
player 1 has raised it $24
player 2 has to raise it another $24 more as a minimum
Understood, thank you.
Pensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:15 AM   #14148
Evoxgsr96
old hand
 
Evoxgsr96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern Lights
Posts: 1,909
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Sort of a generic and dumb question so i thought i'd post it here, but i doubt ill get any responses...

How do i play 50bb deep in a cash game? (ppl frequently straddle in live poker so sometimes effect stacks are just 50bb)

What is the strat for 50bb deep? Assuming straddler/bb will over-defend preflop.
Evoxgsr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:33 PM   #14149
Singasong2222
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 423
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Is poker for me if I find it great when I win but get pissed off when I lose ?

Played poker years for fun and don't play to win so surely when I lose I should not get kissed when I lose as it is going happen every time if I only play for fun?

Basically asking if know you going lose pots and still get kissed at playing why play?

And any players that can honestly say when lose is not puss them of at all???...
Singasong2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:36 PM   #14150
sixfour
should be called sevenfour
 
sixfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fire Rod Harrington
Posts: 57,926
Re: ***** Official Dumb Questions Thread ****

Getting pissed off when you lose is fine as long as it doesn't affect your game to the point where you don't recognise it and start tilting off any previous winnings and make yourself a long term loser as a result
sixfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online