Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Beginners Questions Poker beginner? Ask your (possibly) naive question here and our community will attempt to help you.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #626
luckbox_v.1.0
stranger
 
luckbox_v.1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 13
Re: my stats review

Hi Nsight7, jabba021,
it seems u right at the most points, ive worked a bit on my blindsteals in the past but not that much that it could effect the stats.
All other points i agree 100%.
THANKS!
luckbox_v.1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #627
WSOPorBUST
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 15 TABLING
Posts: 562
Re: my stats review

you should:
-raise your VPIP and PFR. and bring them closer together. raise 22 UTG, etc
-see less showdowns
-steal more, a lot more. if youre not raising J5s on the button in an unopened pot youre leaving tons on the table
-never, ever, open limp in the micros
WSOPorBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #628
OziBattler
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
OziBattler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: no longer modding..real life called
Posts: 14,709
Re: my stats review

moved luckboxes thread into the STICKIED STATS thread
OziBattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #629
liljaybe
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 14
need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

hey i just registred to this site ...
normal i read things without beeing registred.

Im sitting here on a real big problem ...i dont know how i should call it ...
maybe variance or sucking deluxe...
this is not a BBV because i want to talk personal about it individually
i hope u guys or the mod can understand...

But let me explain,
I started on FTP playing NL25 and i thought i did pretty good

i call/limp like
any suited Aces (all pos.)
any PP (all pos.)
and KQ/QJ/KJ (only in late position)

i was like the ultimate callingstation if i had a flush/straightdraw
when i missed the flop is folded
when i hit i had made action!

then stars came up with this reload bonus, and i decided to move my br ($600 after downswing @FTP) to stars.

i played NL25 also with the same strategy.
first i was like "wooooooow alot of idiots" they called really with any2.
i made instand + and had over $800 +$100 within the first 4 days...

then it all started ...i didnt hit anymore...
i wasnt on tilt or anything ...but i didnt hit ****..
and when i did hit a set the board turned all the time really ugly...
like a half straight or 4 of a suit.
well thats one of this moment u cant do a thing.

but it was in every session i started ...it turned into a huge minus.
opponent plays really any2 and i dont hit ...or they hit harder!

well here are my graphs and stats

FULL TILT ONLY





STARS ONLY





OVERALL






i dont use any tracker programs so i dont really get these values
would be nice if somebody could tell my something about my play.

i know its not the normal way of poker that will teached...
well i dont know what to say anymore...

now im sitting on a BR of $367 and i guess i should play NL10...
liljaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #630
inf4my
newbie
 
inf4my's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 32
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

So basically you limp to see the flop and then roll over unless you have the nuts.

This is why your red line is such a disaster.

You need to be way more aggressive pre-flop and learn to attack certain types of boards so that you can pick up more pots even when you don't hit anything.
inf4my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #631
Lncredible
grinder
 
Lncredible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wales.
Posts: 549
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

You need to start playing players too, and making some notes.
Simply labelling all those hands as "I play this" or "I don't play this" will matter on players not just on your personal preference.

Limping hands like a suited Ace when a tight player comes in with a higher ace is something that can be avoided, I think limping any Asuited will get you in a lot of trouble.
Lncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #632
IcyBlueAce
banned
 
IcyBlueAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 231
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

How do you get graphs like that?
IcyBlueAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #633
RoSeeker
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,008
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

My god, why are you limping preflop? What are your stats like?
RoSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #634
Ligic
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 1FIN1CHIN
Posts: 7,777
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

Well your problem is your playing like a fish. Stop limping, never ever do it, never.
Raise or fold.
Ligic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #635
liljaybe
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 14
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

Thank you so far.

as a consumtion we can say either raise or fold preflop.

well i heard about that in combination with raising any pocket any position and raising suited connectors.

but that kind of play brings me in alot of rough spots...
i dont know what i should do post flop then

on stars its like i get at an average from 2-3 callers after i raise preflop

and as u can see at my stats i do alot of continuation bets...
well i think it wont change after raising other hands preflop ...always do the cb
but u cant really do a cb against 3 players with no good hit...or?

like i raise 77-TT from utg/mp and get 2 callers the flop is AJ3
they could give me credit for the ace or a other strong hand but i dont think they fold many times ...

same counts for suited connectors 78 i.e. pfr 2 callers and flop is QJ7
bottom pair...


does anybody know where to find good information about preflop play and postflop play?
liljaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #636
Ligic
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 1FIN1CHIN
Posts: 7,777
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljaybe View Post
Thank you so far.

as a consumtion we can say either raise or fold preflop.

well i heard about that in combination with raising any pocket any position and raising suited connectors.

but that kind of play brings me in alot of rough spots...
i dont know what i should do post flop then

on stars its like i get at an average from 2-3 callers after i raise preflop

and as u can see at my stats i do alot of continuation bets...
well i think it wont change after raising other hands preflop ...always do the cb
but u cant really do a cb against 3 players with no good hit...or?

like i raise 77-TT from utg/mp and get 2 callers the flop is AJ3
they could give me credit for the ace or a other strong hand but i dont think they fold many times ...

same counts for suited connectors 78 i.e. pfr 2 callers and flop is QJ7
bottom pair...


does anybody know where to find good information about preflop play and postflop play?
Learn when to cbet and when not to.
Ligic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #637
TonyTilt
newbie
 
TonyTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 38
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljaybe View Post
Thank you so far.

as a consumtion we can say either raise or fold preflop.

well i heard about that in combination with raising any pocket any position and raising suited connectors.

but that kind of play brings me in alot of rough spots...
i dont know what i should do post flop then

on stars its like i get at an average from 2-3 callers after i raise preflop

and as u can see at my stats i do alot of continuation bets...
well i think it wont change after raising other hands preflop ...always do the cb
but u cant really do a cb against 3 players with no good hit...or?

like i raise 77-TT from utg/mp and get 2 callers the flop is AJ3
they could give me credit for the ace or a other strong hand but i dont think they fold many times ...

same counts for suited connectors 78 i.e. pfr 2 callers and flop is QJ7
bottom pair...


does anybody know where to find good information about preflop play and postflop play?

Also with the stakes your playing. Less experienced players play lesser stakes .25-.50 .50-1. Play higher stakes and experienced players and you will see less frequent calls BUT you will also get beat more if you don't start "playing the player"
TonyTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #638
fukara
centurion
 
fukara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: get on the train fish
Posts: 198
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

limp less,raise a bit more and be more aggressive,c bet more,and try to isolate some fish
fukara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:30 AM   #639
djexacto
adept
 
djexacto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 746
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljaybe View Post
well here are my graphs and stats



i dont use any tracker programs

How did you manage this?
djexacto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:50 AM   #640
nikusch
grinder
 
nikusch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 567
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

Quote:
Originally Posted by djexacto View Post
How did you manage this?
That is the weirdest thing of the OP imo.
nikusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:53 AM   #641
Men"the master"fan
veteran
 
Men"the master"fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,273
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

I smell BS...seriously how could you have these graphs if you're not any kind of poker tracking software?
Men"the master"fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:53 AM   #642
liljaybe
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 14
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Men"the master"fan View Post
I smell BS...seriously how could you have these graphs if you're not any kind of poker tracking software?
well i mean i dont use trackers during the game or afterwards to check the session out.

i installed yesterday the trial of holdem manager for u to get my graphs/stats checked!
liljaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:35 AM   #643
fabadam
reading your numbers
 
fabadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Haarlem, Netherlands
Posts: 2,378
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljaybe View Post
Thank you so far.

as a consumtion we can say either raise or fold preflop.

well i heard about that in combination with raising any pocket any position and raising suited connectors.

but that kind of play brings me in alot of rough spots...
i dont know what i should do post flop then

on stars its like i get at an average from 2-3 callers after i raise preflop

and as u can see at my stats i do alot of continuation bets...
well i think it wont change after raising other hands preflop ...always do the cb
but u cant really do a cb against 3 players with no good hit...or?

like i raise 77-TT from utg/mp and get 2 callers the flop is AJ3
they could give me credit for the ace or a other strong hand but i dont think they fold many times ...

same counts for suited connectors 78 i.e. pfr 2 callers and flop is QJ7
bottom pair...


does anybody know where to find good information about preflop play and postflop play?
This site has a whole bunch of strategy forums. Begin in Microstakes NL (or Micro Full Ring if you play that). Read posts, comment on hands without looking at the other resposnes, post your own hands.

Basically it looks like you are playing at level 1: You are thinking mostly of the value of your own hand.
You should also think of what sort of hands the opponents can have (Level 2), and what your opponents are thinking you could have (level 3).

Poker is way too complex to have a bunch of fixed rules you can play by.
For example, with regards to limping vs raising preflop: yes, it's costing you more money to see the flop, but also you are charging others to see the flop.
I'm surprised you say you're getting 2 to 3 callers on Stars NL25 when you raise. Stars always plays pretty tight to me: I pick up the blinds or get just one caller the vast majority of the time, and I've recently played a few thousand hands at NL25 there.

Really, go to microstakes, read the sticky posts there and on Small Stakes NL.

Your current strategy is the archtypical calling station: you will call lots of times in the hopes of hitting and then give up if you don't, and bet if you do hit.
This is extremely transparent to many players.
fabadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #644
errorleet
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 241
Re: ** Official Beginners NL Holdem Stats Thread **

Hi want some comments on my stuff...... am I running bad? and what do i have to fix??

mostly 10nl and 10$ stack at 20nl



errorleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #645
fabadam
reading your numbers
 
fabadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Haarlem, Netherlands
Posts: 2,378
Re: ** Official Beginners NL Holdem Stats Thread **

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorleet View Post
Hi want some comments on my stuff...... am I running bad? and what do i have to fix??

mostly 10nl and 10$ stack at 20nl
You're limping along way too many hands preflop, and raising a few too little. Start with never open-calling, and folding most marginal hands.
Postflop you appear to be playing weak-tight, not being aggressive enough, and folding too often. Your W$SD is huge which indicates you're probably folding a lot of winners.
fabadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #646
sunbeam
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: College
Posts: 326
Re: ** Official Beginners NL Holdem Stats Thread **

I have a few questions about online instant E-Checks through Full Tilt Poker to fund my bank roll. First question is if i deposit a amount using a E-Check which is funded by my checking account, will i get a receipt/bill directly from Full Tilt detailing my transaction . I am pretty sure the transaction will show up in my bank statement at the end of the month, but i am not to worried about that. Reason why i ask is because i am only 19 years old, and i really don't want my parents to know that i have been playing poker online.

Second question is I plan on only depositing 20 bucks and playing micros; i think there is some minimum amount of $ required per each transaction on Full Tilt. I know for the first transaction its only 10 dollars, but after that what is the minimum? Also will i be charged by my bank for using this payment type; my bank is Fifth-Third, however i am sure a simply google can answer that question.

Thanks!

Edit: Gonna make a thread

Last edited by sunbeam; 08-27-2009 at 01:01 AM.
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #647
KeepDaChange
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 181
Re: ** Official Beginners NL Holdem Stats Thread **

I see alot of people on here saying that in general your W$WSF% should be around 40%. Mine is only at 35% at 5nl (6max) but I am 24 tabling blind (stacked tables and w/no hud) and I run 12bb/100 so does mine really need to be at 40%?
KeepDaChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:45 AM   #648
daljoh
newbie
 
daljoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 38
Some advice for NL2;5.

Hi,

so august is over and it's was so-so.

Could you please give some advice what to change in my play.

I don't thing I'm playing totaly bad but there must be some leaks in my game.
Heres my stats:

And graph:
daljoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:50 PM   #649
c00ler
old hand
 
c00ler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: i'm a 33rd degree mason
Posts: 1,350
Re: need a personal consulting...[stats+graph inside]

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljaybe View Post
hey i just registred to this site ...
normal i read things without beeing registred.

Im sitting here on a real big problem ...i dont know how i should call it ...
maybe variance or sucking deluxe...
this is not a BBV because i want to talk personal about it individually
i hope u guys or the mod can understand...

But let me explain,
I started on FTP playing NL25 and i thought i did pretty good

i call/limp like
any suited Aces (all pos.)
any PP (all pos.)
and KQ/QJ/KJ (only in late position)

i was like the ultimate callingstation if i had a flush/straightdraw
when i missed the flop is folded
when i hit i had made action!

then stars came up with this reload bonus, and i decided to move my br ($600 after downswing @FTP) to stars.

i played NL25 also with the same strategy.
first i was like "wooooooow alot of idiots" they called really with any2.
i made instand + and had over $800 +$100 within the first 4 days...

then it all started ...i didnt hit anymore...
i wasnt on tilt or anything ...but i didnt hit ****..
and when i did hit a set the board turned all the time really ugly...
like a half straight or 4 of a suit.
well thats one of this moment u cant do a thing.

but it was in every session i started ...it turned into a huge minus.
opponent plays really any2 and i dont hit ...or they hit harder!

well here are my graphs and stats

FULL TILT ONLY





STARS ONLY





OVERALL






i dont use any tracker programs so i dont really get these values
would be nice if somebody could tell my something about my play.

i know its not the normal way of poker that will teached...
well i dont know what to say anymore...

now im sitting on a BR of $367 and i guess i should play NL10...
no offense but i love playing against people with your stats
c00ler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #650
fabadam
reading your numbers
 
fabadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Haarlem, Netherlands
Posts: 2,378
Re: Some advice for NL2;5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daljoh View Post
Hi,

so august is over and it's was so-so.

Could you please give some advice what to change in my play.

I don't thing I'm playing totaly bad but there must be some leaks in my game.
It looks like you're playing full ring, and also that you play in very loose games, since your steal percentage is huge (that's good) but you still only have 18% VP$IP on the button.
Also, you're winning at 7 bb/100 which isn't crushing exactly, but it's pretty good.

So I don't think any obvious leaks show from this limited amount of stats. I'll try though:
(1) You seem to sometimes post blinds outside of the blinds. Don't do that. On the table shown, it's over 30% of your total winnings, basically blown through impatience. Just wait for the blinds.
(2) Your VPIP/PFR ratio is way too high. I'm a bit reluctant to emphsize this, since limping along in late position can be the best move in family pots at this level. However, try to think of more oppotunities to charge your opponents for playing a pot out of position with you. When there are one, two, or maybe even three limpers, and you have a reasonable hand, raise in late position. It's nice to bloat the pot, since you are the most likely person to win it.
(3) It also looks like you could develop a sense for more pstflop aggression too. Attack the pots that nobody seems to care for.
fabadam is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online