Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Beginners and General Questions Beginner questions as well as general poker strategy related discussion

View Poll Results: Do you believe DonkeyTest.com is reliable?
More then likely 102 42.50%
Not entirely sure 77 32.08%
Most likely not 61 25.42%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #76
Coro777
enthusiast
 
Coro777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 87
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

I still think its the worst hand in poker, maybe not in heads up. Dont care if I got it wrong.. this is what I care about.. here you ready for it again..?

I am a winning player, ONLINE AND OFFLINE, make decent money, and personally feel from playing against other people, myself not the only one, that I am a fairly good player. Now if I got a 95-105 that would be different.. I would have just shrugged it off and said.. whatever.. BUT I GOT A ****ING 85, EVERYTIME! WORSE THAN RANDOM ANSWERS!

So riddle me this.. Do you propose I choose random answers from now on when playing a game?

Answer that ****ing question first or I will no longer reply to your stupid ass. Thats it..

Au revoir!

- Coro
Coro777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:37 AM   #77
Warnaldo
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Isle 5
Posts: 118
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

steaming?
Warnaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #78
MinusEV
Giftastic!
 
MinusEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Don't trust men who walk with canes
Posts: 11,781
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Coro777,

When *everyone* else tells you you're wrong, do you stop up, even for a split second, and consider that they may be right or does this possibility not even enter your mind?
MinusEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #79
Coro777
enthusiast
 
Coro777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 87
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnaldo View Post
don't you want us to tell you what the button is all about before you leave?
Go shoot yourself you worthless scumbag.. Insult all you like you little ****, but just remember to wipe your ass when your done.. oh!

- Coro
Coro777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #80
Coro777
enthusiast
 
Coro777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 87
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinusEV View Post
Coro777,

When *everyone* else tells you you're wrong, do you stop up, even for a split second, and consider that they may be right or does this possibility not even enter your mind?
Read my previous posts
Coro777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:45 AM   #81
ervinsm46o
old hand
 
ervinsm46o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chokeville
Posts: 1,768
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro777 View Post
Now if I got a 95-105 that would be different.. I would have just shrugged it off and said.. whatever.. BUT I GOT A ****ING 85, EVERYTIME! WORSE THAN RANDOM ANSWERS!


So basically because you did worse by your own knowledge than if you randomly guessed that disproves the validity of the test? maybe it just shows the lack of your poker knowledge. Your own posts show that much. You are the person who didnt know what the button was just a week ago. Knowing that you just learned what the button is, im surprised you even got an 85
ervinsm46o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #82
ervinsm46o
old hand
 
ervinsm46o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chokeville
Posts: 1,768
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinusEV View Post
Coro777,

When *everyone* else tells you you're wrong, do you stop up, even for a split second, and consider that they may be right or does this possibility not even enter your mind?

There was at one time a man who believed the earth was round. Everyone told him he was wrong. T

Therefore Coro is right, just as the person who believed the earth was round was right.


:-) lol
ervinsm46o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #83
Volcom777
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro777 View Post
I still think its the worst hand in poker, maybe not in heads up. Dont care if I got it wrong.. this is what I care about.. here you ready for it again..?

I am a winning player, ONLINE AND OFFLINE, make decent money, and personally feel from playing against other people, myself not the only one, that I am a fairly good player. Now if I got a 95-105 that would be different.. I would have just shrugged it off and said.. whatever.. BUT I GOT A ****ING 85, EVERYTIME! WORSE THAN RANDOM ANSWERS!

So riddle me this.. Do you propose I choose random answers from now on when playing a game?

Answer that ****ing question first or I will no longer reply to your stupid ass. Thats it..

Au revoir!

- Coro
FYI-If you choose to pick the wrong answers on tests you will usually get a lower score than picking the correct answers. I just wasnt sure if you were awair of this.

WTF-I cant believe anyone would spend 1 1/2 hours taking this test. I have taken it twice now, about 15 minutes each time with scores ranging in 3 points of each other......

Maybe there is cheat sheet or something you could find on the net?
Volcom777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #84
Volcom777
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Its actually Button, or BTN, not Botton. Just so you know.
Volcom777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:00 PM   #85
Coro777
enthusiast
 
Coro777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 87
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom777 View Post
FYI-If you choose to pick the wrong answers on tests you will usually get a lower score than picking the correct answers. I just wasnt sure if you were awair of this.

WTF-I cant believe anyone would spend 1 1/2 hours taking this test. I have taken it twice now, about 15 minutes each time with scores ranging in 3 points of each other......

Maybe there is cheat sheet or something you could find on the net?
I apologize if Im only 1/5 of you mental abilities but after getting half way through the test I realized I was not going to get it done in under 30 minutes, like most poeple, so I just took my sweet old time, because from my knowledge after that it makes no difference.

Oh and yes, I chose wrong answers on purpose.. jesus christ..

Edit:

Quote:
Its actually Button, or BTN, not Botton. Just so you know.
Oh my god! I made one spelling error in all of my posts that I have ever made! ****.. mia culpa.. I wonder if you ever have.. EVER! God no.. not you..
Coro777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #86
Warnaldo
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Isle 5
Posts: 118
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro777 View Post
Im only 1/5 of you mental abilities but after getting half way through the test I realized I was not going to get it done in under 30 minutes.
Best observation in this post so far by you. Must be steaming by now.
Warnaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #87
Warnaldo
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Isle 5
Posts: 118
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Warnaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #88
Coro777
enthusiast
 
Coro777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 87
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

40% - 60% so far *******s.. keep it up!

Coro777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:12 PM   #89
ervinsm46o
old hand
 
ervinsm46o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chokeville
Posts: 1,768
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro777 View Post
Read my previous posts full of insults and ad hominems, you may find it to your liking!

(Seriously you piece of ****, I didnt KNOW WHAT THE BOTTON WAS!.. God I wish I could see you face to face to beat the living **** of of you, or just kill you. I dont give a ****..

- Coro


How about you just explain to us the genius play of open limping Kjo in a 9 handed 5/10 live cash game with 1k stack UTG against a mix of loose and aggro players
ervinsm46o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #90
Coro777
enthusiast
 
Coro777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 87
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

5/10 NL. 9 handed. A good mix of aggressive and passive players, 3 poor players and 4 pros. Two players are new to the table and have only played a few hands. You're UTG with:

KsJd

What should you do?

Call - My most likely answer
Fold
Raise
Raise 1/3, fold 1/3, call 1/3 - My second most likely answer
Raise 50%, fold 50%
Raise 80%, call 20%

Heres why:

This play is just like every circumstance they ask and is HIGHLY SITUATIONAL! I cant stress this enough! THIS IS 3/4 OF THE GAME RIGHT THERE, BELIEVE IT!

I say these are my answers because:

1. Im UTG

2. Its a mix of players, result average

3. Its KsJd, nothing SPECTACULAR

4. Its 9 handed, there are a lot of players, meaning there are a lot of possible hands.

Thats it.. its up to you to analyze that if you want to..

Regards,

- Coro
Coro777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:53 PM   #91
Warnaldo
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Isle 5
Posts: 118
sssstttteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro777 View Post
5/10 NL. 9 handed. A good mix of aggressive and passive players, 3 poor players and 4 pros. Two players are new to the table and have only played a few hands. You're UTG with:KsJd...Thats it.. its up to you to analyze that if you want to..

Regards,

- Coro
Warnaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #92
ervinsm46o
old hand
 
ervinsm46o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chokeville
Posts: 1,768
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

that was the first semi intelligent thing you posted.

However, the fact that you claim it always "depends" doesnt change that KJ utg in this spot is likely a losing hand with 4 pros at the table

you'll be out of position, have limited reads on players (thus cant make these amazing plays you seem to think you maneuver around and such thus justifying your play)

You likely have no steal chance at all on the flop if its limped around

the likely resut from your limp is either a 4-6 way limped pot or someone isolatingr you and gettin it heads up and you out of position and calling a raise PF

just ask yourself what flop you are looking for in a multiway pot without any great reads on your opponents with a hand like kj. what flop are you happy with?
ervinsm46o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:09 PM   #93
Volcom777
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro777 View Post
5/10 NL. 9 handed. A good mix of aggressive and passive players, 3 poor players and 4 pros. Two players are new to the table and have only played a few hands. You're UTG with:

KsJd

What should you do?

Call - My most likely answer
Fold
Raise
Raise 1/3, fold 1/3, call 1/3 - My second most likely answer
Raise 50%, fold 50%
Raise 80%, call 20%

Heres why:

This play is just like every circumstance they ask and is HIGHLY SITUATIONAL! I cant stress this enough! THIS IS 3/4 OF THE GAME RIGHT THERE, BELIEVE IT!

I say these are my answers because:

1. Im UTG

2. Its a mix of players, result average

3. Its KsJd, nothing SPECTACULAR

4. Its 9 handed, there are a lot of players, meaning there are a lot of possible hands.

Thats it.. its up to you to analyze that if you want to..

Regards,

- Coro

Wrong. INSTAFOLD
Volcom777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #94
Coro777
enthusiast
 
Coro777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 87
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Thats cool.. ya know.. but when I play games.. and get a hand like that.. I just play in through.. and when something does happen I take my opponents for a ride. Why this happens I dont know.. but it does.. maybe its because I spend most of my time playing in the micro games? Dont care.. I chose the answers that I am use to and will most likely work against the opponents that I play against under there general criteria.. "Pro" and "Poor Players" are again relative terms.. I just assume they mean great players, dont know, dont care.

Now if I was to be informed that they are truly "Pros" in the purist sense of the word.. I might fold, maybe..

But it depends on the type of players they are.. as I have not played to many pros.. I dont know there style of play, so I have no way of knowing what moves they will most likely make.. does that make me a bad player? No, all it means is that I dont know, HOW THEY PLAY SPECIFICALLY, thats it.

It all comes down to this.. I am a good player, whether you believe it or not.. I win quite a bit more money then I lose, so I consider myself good. ****.. MOST PEOPLE LOSE MONEY, so ya I think Im ****ing good..

Again peace out.

- Coro
Coro777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #95
davidv1213
Vampy
 
davidv1213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 3,473
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro777 View Post
40% - 60% so far *******s.. keep it up!

I like how you "not sure" votes side with your opinion. lol.
davidv1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:10 PM   #96
Coro777
enthusiast
 
Coro777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 87
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

They side because not everyone thinks this test is the ****ing shizniz, thats why.

- Coro
Coro777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #97
Coro777
enthusiast
 
Coro777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 87
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Read my post about the types of players.

I think that sums it up well.

I just re-read the test, thought about doing it again, but decided not to. Why? Because its a faulty test, thats why. Its bent in one way, and if you dont follow its rigid methodology you will do poorly.. like a real IQ test. I could write a paper on it, it would take so long for me to explain.. but Im not going to.

So in closing that should be the end of this thread unless someone else has something to add.

- Coro
Coro777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #98
Coro777
enthusiast
 
Coro777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 87
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Ah well, last bump I suppose then thats it. If anyone else has any comments for my above thoughts, it would be interesting to hear them.

Thanks again.

- Coro
Coro777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #99
Grunch
Bounty Hunter
 
Grunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,703
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro777 View Post
Ah well, last bump I suppose then thats it. If anyone else has any comments for my above thoughts, it would be interesting to hear them.

Thanks again.

- Coro
You're wrong about the KJ hand. You should almost always fold preflop. Yeah you're right it's situational, as is everything in poker. But the interesting thing about KJ UTG at full ring is you would need extraordinary circumstances to make anything other than folding the right play.

I'm giving you an honest reply in good faith because I really do hope that you'll be able to see the error in your strategy and because I am hoping you will continue to contribute to this thread.
Grunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:51 PM   #100
Warnaldo
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Isle 5
Posts: 118
Re: Donkey Test Suspect?

Warnaldo is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive