Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything.

05-26-2024 , 08:39 AM
This thread is devolving into reddit cancer.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
05-26-2024 , 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSociety
This thread is devolving into reddit cancer.
be the change you want to see. thread is a no whining zone.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
05-26-2024 , 12:02 PM
That was exactly what I was doing--shaming the offenders.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
05-26-2024 , 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSociety
This thread is devolving into reddit cancer.
Welcome to Two Plus Two!
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
05-26-2024 , 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by limon
thanks buddy! you must have been the big guy to my right, i know the rest of those crusty regs! when you passed on the 60/120 you sealed your fate. the 60 game was a ram jam scorcher! As soon as i sat down an old guy with a gold rolex was telling an asian pro in a mask that masks are pointless and fauci was a fraud working for the chinese. I knew the game was going to be amazing.
Iím still looking for the day where I take a shot at 60. Maybe Friday should have been the day!
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
05-26-2024 , 04:34 PM
By all means, take a shot at the 60.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
05-30-2024 , 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty
Iím still looking for the day where I take a shot at 60. Maybe Friday should have been the day!
its hard to play bigger games if youre not familiar with the player pool. but if you are familiar with the player pool playing a bigger game sometimes requires no more bankroll than a smaller game because your edge is so much bigger against the weakest lineups. I always try to play in the best game in the house and never really consider it shot taking or moving down in stakes, just good solid business decisions.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-01-2024 , 09:22 AM
How would you rank your current skill compared to today's pros?

(unrelated) Have you ever played with Dan Bilzerian?
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-06-2024 , 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSociety
How would you rank your current skill compared to today's pros?

(unrelated) Have you ever played with Dan Bilzerian?
At live nlh Iím equal to or better than basically everyone in the 5-10 player pool. Worse than the best players in the 10-20 and above. At all games / being able to make the most money from my time in the casino Iím still one of the best in the world even semi retired/ functionally retired.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-06-2024 , 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by limon
At live nlh Iím equal to or better than basically everyone in the 5-10 player pool. Worse than the best players in the 10-20 and above. At all games / being able to make the most money from my time in the casino Iím still one of the best in the world even semi retired/ functionally retired.
What ONE thing would you say mainly sets you ahead of the rest of the 5-10 pool? Range selection, position understanding, postflop play, math, live reads, etc.? I know it's probably a combination of many, but if you had to pick ONE that you consider "this is my thing that sets me apart...no one does this better," which would that be?
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-07-2024 , 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickMMA
What ONE thing would you say mainly sets you ahead of the rest of the 5-10 pool? Range selection, position understanding, postflop play, math, live reads, etc.? I know it's probably a combination of many, but if you had to pick ONE that you consider "this is my thing that sets me apart...no one does this better," which would that be?
I don't want to poke the bear too much even though i really dont care but i try to remain respectful for absolutely no reason other than my personal code. The BIG reasons have been covered in this thread... i know my value. but there are obviously other reasons here are a couple examples:

A seat comes open in the best game in the casino, there six 5-10nl games running, the floor is swamped and doesnt notice seat open, a euro grinder quietly moves from his seat at another table to the open seat. the biggest action player in the game, calls him out immediately and says theres a table change list and calls the floor. This would literally never happen to me. Im actively invited to take these cushy spots by the action players.

Known pro from streams sits in the 5-10nl game. OMC raises late position, pro 3 bets button, OMC calls. flop is 5c7hkh. OMC makes small lead, kid pro raises, omc calls. turn is 4, OMC checks, pro kid bets, OMC calls. river is 5s, OMC checks, kid bets, OMC min check raises, pro kid tank calls w/AA. I would have snap folded 77 here and made a crying call w/ kk because i suck at poker. I see this constantly for "good" players, they put nitty regs on far too wide of ranges when their range is literally one hand and a tiny possibility they misread their hand.

Im in a meh NL game with 3 super action PLO players. I say, lets switch this game to Half/half. Obv the PLO players are 100%, a couple randoms are ok with it too. 2 asperger pros 100% against it, they are pressured and instead of playing, just move to other tables so we can play half/half in the best game in the casino where their hourly would have been higher than the games they moved to if they just knew the rules of PLO and had an ounce of heart.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-08-2024 , 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by limon
Im in a meh NL game with 3 super action PLO players. I say, lets switch this game to Half/half. Obv the PLO players are 100%, a couple randoms are ok with it too. 2 asperger pros 100% against it, they are pressured and instead of playing, just move to other tables so we can play half/half in the best game in the casino where their hourly would have been higher than the games they moved to if they just knew the rules of PLO and had an ounce of heart.
Looks like an "everybody wins" spot to me -- You get a great game, and those two guys don't have to play PLO. Their win rates are no worse at the other games than they were in the first game before the switch was made.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-08-2024 , 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBostick
Looks like an "everybody wins" spot to me -- You get a great game, and those two guys don't have to play PLO. Their win rates are no worse at the other games than they were in the first game before the switch was made.
obv. but the question was why do i make more than the best pros at 5-10. and this was one small example out of about 100 little things that happen from week to week that give me small edges that add up. Since im feeling generous, ill give another...

fish limps (1k stack),"smart respected well trained pro" isos him, fish calls. Pot $105. flop Q 4h7h, fish checks "smart respected well trained pro" bets $35, fish calls. turn 9c, "srwtp" bets $175, fish calls. river pairs the 7, "srwtp" bets 400, fish shows ThJh and whines as he folds. "srwtp" flashes QQ. the srwtp made $265 profit on the hand. In that hand i felt the dude. and its not close. when im in with a fish all my value raises are pot++ pre and pot minimum post. this exact TYPE of hand happens basically all the time if youre at a good table.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-09-2024 , 07:55 PM
Is this thread frozen or just the last post modded out?
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-09-2024 , 08:44 PM
Modded out, likely by a bot. Sometimes a human restores the post later.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-09-2024 , 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrdesert
Is this thread frozen or just the last post modded out?
as long as you are not attacking me (the god of this thread and gambling in general) your post will likely be restored. If you are attacking me, the bot and the human mod are smart enough to let you live by not attracting my gaze.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-10-2024 , 12:56 PM
Notice me, Senpai! (You fscking ssahole!)
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-10-2024 , 03:04 PM
Looks like another botted post - Alan Bostick is not usually abusive in other posts of his I've seen.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-10-2024 , 08:25 PM
It was a joke, possibly even a funny one.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-11-2024 , 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dappadan777
but the games wouldíve been so insane soft pre 2004 did you really need to run like god?
Where do you get this ridiculous idea?

Poker has been a tough way to make an easy living since the riverboat days. The games didn't get insanely soft until the boom.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-13-2024 , 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBostick
Where do you get this ridiculous idea?

Poker has been a tough way to make an easy living since the riverboat days. The games didn't get insanely soft until the boom.
And itís all relative. You canít go back in time with the knowledge you have now. Anyone who is a loser now would have been a loser then. Itís a mindset.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote
06-13-2024 , 01:33 PM
deleted-post bug strikes again.
I am a literal legend of gambling, ask me anything. Quote

      
m