Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Business, Finance, and Investing Making money, investing in markets, and running businesses

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 12:01 AM   #1401
Mrmusicrecorder
veteran
 
Mrmusicrecorder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Downtown
Posts: 3,362
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM@ALL_CAPS View Post
And what do you say about guys like Einhorn and Klarman who have a large % of their portfolio in gold?
That guy just started asking how to invest questions in the trading thread, I have a funny feeling he doesn't have an intelligent opinion on Einhorn and Klarman's gold holdings.

Just saying.
Mrmusicrecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:09 AM   #1402
DcifrThs
Chip Spewer
 
DcifrThs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Spewin them chips
Posts: 15,812
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmusicrecorder View Post
I think he means the abbreviation, everyone always f's it up.
i have no idea what dcfirs could be...maybe a furrier who lives in washington?

but i did mean the name itself. i think many still don't 'get it' but that's not a function of them not trying and failing. instead i think it's "bunch of letters" syndrome and nobody really tries. i am guilty of this too of course.
DcifrThs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:20 AM   #1403
DcifrThs
Chip Spewer
 
DcifrThs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Spewin them chips
Posts: 15,812
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmusicrecorder View Post
Aba? Even he wouldn't say that... bored social... (no offense) but you have to be kidding.

Yows, Naj, DcifrThs, b.s. and aba < Einhorn and Klarman
uh, who the hell said anybody was in competition w/ successful hf/PE firm managers/directors in generating above mkt returns?

i can probably generate a better passive portfolio but from a value generation standpoint, who cares?

Quote:
Ahnuld is the best, most detailed and informative trader here imo (fwiw) as far as the readers are concerned.
agreed. the time and dedication he puts into his blog, and by proxy, the trades he posts here is not matched.

Quote:
From the guy who said this...today. Lol.
internet understanding fail. what's this in reference to?


Quote:
Earth is this way buddy.
uh...yea...gold at 660 is pretty unlikely given the distribution of the paths of the dollar.
DcifrThs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #1404
DcifrThs
Chip Spewer
 
DcifrThs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Spewin them chips
Posts: 15,812
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmusicrecorder View Post
Now imagine we attempt to inflate our way out of the problem, rates would rise and our debt rollovers would be all the more difficult.
i think the market has shown in no uncertain terms that there needs to be a very attractive and very liquid alternative to US treasuries before rates really rise.

rate rises and rollover fails won't happen until that point. where are surplus countries going to park their reserves? renminbi? real? gold? franc?

none of those are a realistic option for numerous (and various) reasons.
DcifrThs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:20 AM   #1405
Yowserrrs
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,347
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmusicrecorder View Post
2011 and 2012 figures are on track to show more than $5 in new US debt issuance per every $1 in US gdp growth. The devaluation and/or increase in federal revenue required to meet our our discretionary spending needs alone is becoming greater every year. There are currently no plans to recoup this 40%+ increase in federal debt, which was accumulated in three years with the intention of spurring growth.

That is pretty simple. Now imagine we attempt to inflate our way out of the problem, rates would rise and our debt rollovers would be all the more difficult. Etc etc. Hard to believe some people still handwave the liabilities with their magic ability to jump into the theoretical future and force politicians to make the tough decisions before it is too late, we blowing that opportunity of longer term fiscal solvency now. I am wasting my time with you, you are entrenched to no end or simply have not taken a look at the financial state of the US, best of luck.
I actually thought you might be making a reasonable argument regarding the amount of additional fiscal and monetary stimulus to GDP growth. Instead youre just throwing random figures against the wall to see what will stick - ie debt is not the same word as deficit so we have not seen a 40% increase in the federal debt in 3 years.

Also yes I have only studied years of CBO and OMB budget / tax projections cover to cover so I haven't done nearly as much research as you have.
Yowserrrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #1406
boobies4me
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,233
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkypete View Post
the same is true for gold.
lol.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twofingerted View Post
Most of the best traders on this forum yowwsers, Najadorf-defense, Dcfirs, boredsocial, aba do not think the precious metals are any good. You are probably a noob like me. You will learn just listen to the good guys.
Fallacy: Appeal to the auth... wait, what proof has ever been posted that these guys are the best traders? Would be interested in seeing proof of any of them making more than some who invested heavy in gold/silver. even if they were though, it wouldn't be surprising that a trader is bearish on gold when a lot of golds fundamentals are macroeconomic based and not evaluating a company's financial statement.

how many of these top 2+2 traders (lol) were expecting gold to rise as much as it has. my guess is the majority have just sat on the sidelines since $600'ish while screaming bubble as the price has basically tripled.

Last edited by boobies4me; 08-16-2011 at 09:03 PM.
boobies4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:49 AM   #1407
Mrmusicrecorder
veteran
 
Mrmusicrecorder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Downtown
Posts: 3,362
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcifrThs View Post
i have no idea what dcfirs could be...maybe a furrier who lives in washington?

but i did mean the name itself. i think many still don't 'get it' but that's not a function of them not trying and failing. instead i think it's "bunch of letters" syndrome and nobody really tries. i am guilty of this too of course.
I am admittedly curious now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcifrThs View Post
uh, who the hell said anybody was in competition w/ successful hf/PE firm managers/directors in generating above mkt returns?

i can probably generate a better passive portfolio but from a value generation standpoint, who cares?
The new kid said just listen to these "people" and gave a hit and miss list. I wouldn't be offended, I think you are on the hit side, that is all.


Quote:
agreed. the time and dedication he puts into his blog, and by proxy, the trades he posts here is not matched.
Word.


Quote:
internet understanding fail. what's this in reference to?


uh...yea...gold at 660 is pretty unlikely given the distribution of the paths of the dollar.
That was his (the new guy) opinion on gold for 8/15/2011.


Quote:
i think the market has shown in no uncertain terms that there needs to be a very attractive and very liquid alternative to US treasuries before rates really rise.

rate rises and rollover fails won't happen until that point. where are surplus countries going to park their reserves? renminbi? real? gold? franc?

none of those are a realistic option for numerous (and various) reasons.
Certainly and most of these options don't seem realistic but the flight into these safety assets (holy sh** gold) or currencies (holy sh** CHF) remains a reliable pattern of private wealth as well as sovereign reserves.
Mrmusicrecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:12 AM   #1408
Mrmusicrecorder
veteran
 
Mrmusicrecorder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Downtown
Posts: 3,362
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowserrrs View Post
I actually thought you might be making a reasonable argument regarding the amount of additional fiscal and monetary stimulus to GDP growth.
I thought you were going to stop constantly trying your best to attack me because I nail you to the wall every time. Put your hand on the stove...


Quote:
Instead youre just throwing random figures against the wall to see what will stick - ie debt is not the same word as deficit so we have not seen a 40% increase in the federal debt in 3 years.

Also yes I have only studied years of CBO and OMB budget / tax projections cover to cover so I haven't done nearly as much research as you have.
Well big boy it looks as if you need to reassess the years of study you put into the OMB and CBO data, because you don't even have a grasp of the simplest of figures.

US general gross debt in 2008 was barely over $10 trillion, so take this or total federal debt, any preferred measure, we have gained over 40% in new debt since then. The fact that you just bragged about reading the CBO and OMB budget reports (which is merely a starting point btw) and posted what you did is sad.

What you have done, young man is again called BS on my posts and been wrong again. At some point, say the 100th time you call BS and I am right do I get a prize or do you get banned for creepiness and constant trolling.

Yowserrrs gave a dude a blowJ yesterday, 20 people I know saw it. They are all willing testify in court.

You see the above may be ridiculous but at some point, aside from the entertainment value of this site, the information ITT provided by myself has been of high quality. You have no intention but to f*** with me. You know I am right or you really are as dumb as a retarded monkey (i don't really know at this point.)
Mrmusicrecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #1409
Yowserrrs
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,347
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmusicrecorder View Post
I thought you were going to stop constantly trying your best to attack me because I nail you to the wall every time.
no i thought you were speaking post crises since you explicitly said 'with the intention of spurring growth'

also youre trying to include what the govt owes itself. thats an absurd way to look at it.

also lol about knowing you are right. you watch silver all day long and I'd bet money that in a trading contest based only on trading silver, that I'd make more money. let's prop bet this.

Last edited by Yowserrrs; 08-17-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Yowserrrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #1410
actionzip54
banned
 
actionzip54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,858
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowserrrs View Post
no i thought you were speaking post crises since you explicitly said 'with the intention of spurring growth'

also youre trying to include what the govt owes itself. thats an absurd way to look at it.

also lol about knowing you are right. you watch silver all day long and I'd bet money that in a trading contest based only on trading silver, that I'd make more money. let's prop bet this.
facepalm.jpg

Why would anyone that can pull serious money out of the markets worry about some prop bet? It would be nothing but a hinderance and a waste of time. Besides the fact that even great traders, legends for that matter, have bad years.
actionzip54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #1411
Yowserrrs
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,347
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionzip54 View Post
facepalm.jpg

Why would anyone that can pull serious money out of the markets worry about some prop bet? It would be nothing but a hinderance and a waste of time. Besides the fact that even great traders, legends for that matter, have bad years.
similar to why would someone turn down a free $2k to post a trading confirm until you did it. theres really only 1 answer to that and it isn't "my familys safety"

lololololololol. hows your fictional gold position doing? well it seems!
Yowserrrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #1412
GuvnorJimmy
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 641
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowserrrs View Post
just wait til silver trades to $20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowserrrs View Post
lololololololol

Indeed.
GuvnorJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #1413
NajdorfDefense
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NajdorfDefense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: World’s Greatest PosŤur
Posts: 17,027
Re: Silver

Soros > Klarman >>>> Einhorn tho.
NajdorfDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #1414
boobies4me
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,233
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowserrrs View Post
similar to why would someone turn down a free $2k to post a trading confirm until you did it. theres really only 1 answer to that and it isn't "my familys safety"

lololololololol. hows your fictional gold position doing? well it seems!
I'll give you a free $1k if you can provide verifiable proof of how much money you've made trading in the markets as well as the % return you've averaged over the past 5 years if it's higher than gold. Would be willing to escrow as well.
boobies4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:55 AM   #1415
GuvnorJimmy
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 641
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobies4me View Post
I'll give you a free $1k if you can provide verifiable proof of how much money you've made trading in the markets as well as the % return you've averaged over the past 5 years if it's higher than gold. Would be willing to escrow as well.
Boom.

Response from Yowserrrrs plz.
GuvnorJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:19 AM   #1416
Yowserrrs
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,347
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobies4me View Post
I'll give you a free $1k if you can provide verifiable proof of how much money you've made trading in the markets as well as the % return you've averaged over the past 5 years if it's higher than gold. Would be willing to escrow as well.
lol i offer $2k for a single trade confirm but in return I get offered $1k to assemble 5 years of statements for 6 diff accounts with numerous deposits and withdrawls.

for $2k, I'll show you a July 06 statement and a July 11 statement for the same account where the 6 figure balance has more than tripled.

does that work?

Last edited by Yowserrrs; 08-18-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Yowserrrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:50 AM   #1417
GuvnorJimmy
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 641
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowserrrs View Post
does that work?

No it doesn't work. Not enough of a sample size.

Lets look at facts...you won't do this and you wont even state your average ROI every year.

All this shows that you're just noise.
GuvnorJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #1418
Yowserrrs
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,347
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuvnorJimmy View Post
No it doesn't work. Not enough of a sample size.

Lets look at facts...you won't do this and you wont even state your average ROI every year.

All this shows that you're just noise.
do you know what a fact is? bc i very much intend to make money off you clowns. i welcome you to join the bet with 'boobies4me' and then ill welcome your input on terms. other than that, not sure why anyone would listen to the peanut gallery.

the reason i suggested what i did is that i like very cut and dry bets meaning no ambiguity, meaning i spend 2 minutes uploading some statements and then i get your money. if i agree to an ambiguous bet, then it plays out for a month and then i maybe dont see the money.
Yowserrrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #1419
GuvnorJimmy
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 641
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowserrrs View Post
do you know what a fact is? bc i very much intend to make money off you clowns. i welcome you to join the bet with 'boobies4me' and then ill welcome your input on terms. other than that, not sure why anyone would listen to the peanut gallery.

the reason i suggested what i did is that i like very cut and dry bets meaning no ambiguity, meaning i spend 2 minutes uploading some statements and then i get your money. if i agree to an ambiguous bet, then it plays out for a month and then i maybe dont see the money.

But you were just offered a fair bet.

You have made claims like 'silver is going to $20'. You come on here like some sort of big shot. The fact is you just sound like an immature person who throws around insults while believing that you're a great trader, then when called out you want to switch it into showing results for one or two months (lol says it all).

You never state your roi and now when called out (which would be free money for you and proof that you earn above average returns) you ***** out.

Put up or shut up.
GuvnorJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #1420
Yowserrrs
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,347
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuvnorJimmy View Post
But you were just offered a fair bet.

You have made claims like 'silver is going to $20'. You come on here like some sort of big shot. The fact is you just sound like an immature person who throws around insults while believing that you're a great trader, then when called out you want to switch it into showing results for one or two months (lol says it all).

You never state your roi and now when called out (which would be free money for you and proof that you earn above average returns) you ***** out.

Put up or shut up.
Yes I said eventually going to $20.

Not 1-2 months but 1 month in July 06 and then the same account 5 years later. You think I'm going to going to spend an entire day uploading 5 years of statements across 6 accounts for $1000? Do you even think before you post something?

I know you wouldn't understand this but over a multiple year period with tens of thousands of different investments and desposits / withdrawls - it becomes exceedingly difficult to "calculate my roi" - I know my raw P&L number though.

Should we bet on that?
Yowserrrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #1421
actionzip54
banned
 
actionzip54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,858
Re: Silver

Meanwhile in other news, Venzuela nationalized their gold industry.
actionzip54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #1422
GuvnorJimmy
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 641
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowserrrs View Post
Yes I said eventually going to $20.

Not 1-2 months but 1 month in July 06 and then the same account 5 years later. You think I'm going to going to spend an entire day uploading 5 years of statements across 6 accounts for $1000? Do you even think before you post something?

I know you wouldn't understand this but over a multiple year period with tens of thousands of different investments and desposits / withdrawls - it becomes exceedingly difficult to "calculate my roi" - I know my raw P&L number though.

Should we bet on that?

You are a trader and you don't know your roi? Seriously? Just state it here, roughly how much money have you made profit on roughly how much invested? Oh let me guess...you don't know.

By the way, any goon can post an account with money in and then post it later with more money in....fool.
GuvnorJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #1423
Yowserrrs
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,347
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuvnorJimmy View Post
You are a trader and you don't know your roi? Seriously? Just state it here, roughly how much money have you made profit on roughly how much invested? Oh let me guess...you don't know.

By the way, any goon can post an account with money in and then post it later with more money in....fool.
lol i'll take an IQ test, SAT test, any standard aptitude test heads up vs you. do we have a bet?
Yowserrrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #1424
GuvnorJimmy
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 641
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowserrrs View Post
lol i'll take an IQ test, SAT test, any standard aptitude test heads up vs you. do we have a bet?

Yup, as usual, avoid the original subject.

You were offered a bet. You said no. You were asked what your profit is, you said no. You are immature and CLEARLY do not have the mindset to be a great trader.

You are full of ****. Keep posting your insults and how you're a billionaire. I am happy making over 100% roi in 1.5 years, a profit in 6 figures sterling. Have a nice life kid. End of discussion.
GuvnorJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #1425
stinkypete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
stinkypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: somewhere
Posts: 15,637
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuvnorJimmy View Post
You are full of ****. Keep posting your insults and how you're a billionaire. I am happy making over 100% roi in 1.5 years, a profit in 6 figures sterling. Have a nice life kid. End of discussion.
why would you care what your returns are in rapidly inflating, doomed fiat currencies? it sounds like you're not even making a profit measured in something useful, like silver. you're bragging about breaking even; why?
stinkypete is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online