Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Business, Finance, and Investing Making money, investing in markets, and running businesses

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2017, 08:35 PM   #3651
HawaiiSurf
banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiki View Post
What if just has it in real estate?
Common guy right??? Well the common guy has a mortgage and his leveraged out.

What happens when over-inflated real estate collapses again and everyone is under-water?

What happens when real estate prices collapse 50-70%? to the guy who has a mortgage on 10 Single family homes?

I mean pretty much the point of owning gold and silver is it is so severely undervalued compared to other real assets like real estate, because of fiat, so when fiat collapses you plunk down 10 ounces, 100 ounces, 200 ounces of silver to buy that home because people will be dying to get their hands on real wealth/money when the dollar inflates away into nothing. So basically when things reset people with maybe 20k in gold and silver will be at a huge advantage. Which is why governments are buying gold in record tonnage right now.

China and the Chinese are shrewd. China has been telling its citizens to buy gold and silver for almost 10 years now. Interesting how our government never EVER tells us to do this.
HawaiiSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:13 PM   #3652
Jbrochu
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16,076
Re: Silver

Maybe our government is planning to have a big laugh at China's expense after they come to their senses and realize gold and silver are not great stores of wealth?
Jbrochu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:06 PM   #3653
BrianTheMick2
Need a ride?
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,676
Re: Silver

Everyone knows you never go full goldbug. You went full goldbug, man. Never go full goldbug.
BrianTheMick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:24 PM   #3654
HawaiiSurf
banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrochu View Post
Maybe our government is planning to have a big laugh at China's expense after they come to their senses and realize gold and silver are not great stores of wealth?
Haha what? You actually believe that gold is not a store of wealth? But paper is? Even when $8.50/hour min wage barely puts a a crappy roof over your head.
HawaiiSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:26 PM   #3655
HawaiiSurf
banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTheMick2 View Post
Everyone knows you never go full goldbug. You went full goldbug, man. Never go full goldbug.
If you put 100% of all your wealth into gold coins it is impossible to lose. You could go into a coma for 30 years and wake up and be just fine. You could take a time machine back to 1322 or 300 BC. And you would be just fine as well.
HawaiiSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:35 PM   #3656
gangip
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,073
Re: Silver

Are you suggesting that if minimum wage workers were to be compensated in ounces of gold rather than USD they would have a higher standard of living?
gangip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:41 PM   #3657
BrianTheMick2
Need a ride?
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,676
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiSurf View Post
If you put 100% of all your wealth into gold coins it is impossible to lose. You could go into a coma for 30 years and wake up and be just fine. You could take a time machine back to 1322 or 300 BC. And you would be just fine as well.
I'm pretty sure I'd be fairly unfine if I went into a coma for 30 years. I'd wake up to find myself very, very old.

I'd be particularly upset if I took a time machine back to 1322 or 300 BC. Life was rather inconvenient back then, from what I understand. I also don't speak any of the languages that were popular back then.
BrianTheMick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:43 PM   #3658
HawaiiSurf
banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post

When the end game of your investing thesis involves you being a Silver Lord with your own indentured serfs, look out below.
A large chunk of the population are just starting to wake up to the fact that the technological system is not just unsafe and extremely insecure but also all interwoven and linked.Over the next few days and months many are going to want out of technology all together,they will discover that physical Gold and Silver is one of the few ways to retain and grow their wealth in one of the few stores of real wealth left.This will result in true price discovery which will lead to real and total scarcity in these true relatively undiscovered assets ( less than 1% of the population own much at all ),this will lead to a Free Price Market as the market is overwhelmed by mountains of unsafe fiat toilet paper where debt backed assets equal disaster resulting in the true price discovery of Gold and Silver.The FPM is going to scare the establishment ****less as the technological utopia they have created and forced down peoples throats is going to be renounced as people return to real wealth outside of the current system and vote with their feet and wallets as confidence collapses and reality intercedes.The Blue touch paper has been lit,there is no putting the genie back into this bottle as no one trusts any of it.The modern world has taken their jobs and their industries now even their debt backed token currency can be taken with a few strokes of a keyboard.Wherever the virus came from its of no consequence the entire system is not just deeply suspect it has just died.

Stackin its a way of life.

RIP to 99% of the populations debt backed Wealth .
HawaiiSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:48 PM   #3659
HawaiiSurf
banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangip View Post
Are you suggesting that if minimum wage workers were to be compensated in ounces of gold rather than USD they would have a higher standard of living?
In 1964 gold was 35$ and min wage was $1.25

Today gold is $1,200 and min wage is $8.50 (roughly)

So it took you about 1 work week making MINIMUM WAGE to be able to obtain an ounce of gold in 1964

Today is takes you about a month working min wage to obtain that same ounce of gold.
HawaiiSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:04 PM   #3660
ToothSayer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ToothSayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: BFI Thought Leader
Posts: 11,732
Re: Silver

So you're saying gold is at historically high multiples?

Sell gold IMO.
ToothSayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:08 PM   #3661
BrianTheMick2
Need a ride?
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,676
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
So you're saying gold is at historically high multiples?

Sell gold IMO.
It is only 40% overvalued now
BrianTheMick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:15 PM   #3662
HawaiiSurf
banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
So you're saying gold is at historically high multiples?

Sell gold IMO.
You are a cashier at Woolworth in 1964 making $1.25/hour (min wage) and you put all your income into gold for 52 weeks and have roughly 52 ounces of gold at the end of 1964. You don't touch the gold until 2017 and you sell all the gold and you get $62,500. So someone making min wage in 1964 had the purchasing power of someone making $62,500 today. Or, someone making $62,500 today which is good income, has the purchasing power of someone working a cash register making min wage in 1964.

Nobody in 1964 making $1.25 min wage was organizing marches with min wage earners chanting "fight for $4 dollars!" Why?? Because the dollar went a lot further! That's why! And gold prices reflect that!

You are a cashier at Walmart in 2016 and make $8.50/hour and put all your income for a year into gold. You have 13.6 ounces of gold at the end of the year. Go back in time in a time machine to 1964 with those 13.6 ounces of gold and sell it for fiat, and you have 1/4th the purchasing power as the cashier at Woolworth who has 52 ounces of gold after her year of working in 1964

What are you guys not understanding about this??? This is so easy.
HawaiiSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:15 PM   #3663
MediocrePlayer2.0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MediocrePlayer2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: TORONTO
Posts: 9,208
Re: Silver

You know how football players sign a pledge to donate their brains for research after they die?

I wish goldbugs would do the same. I want to know what's wrong with your wiring.

Can't imagine what the wives and girlfriends (because lets get serious here, 99.99% of goldbugs are men) are thinking watching this solid bull market pass them by and they're ending up poorer because their stubborn guy just won't let go of his doomer fantasy.

You're better off hoarding cases of tuna than stacking coins
MediocrePlayer2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:30 PM   #3664
gangip
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,073
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiSurf View Post
Nobody in 1964 making $1.25 min wage was organizing marches with min wage earners chanting "fight for $4 dollars!"
gangip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:36 PM   #3665
HawaiiSurf
banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocrePlayer2.0 View Post
You know how football players sign a pledge to donate their brains for research after they die?

I wish goldbugs would do the same. I want to know what's wrong with your wiring.

Can't imagine what the wives and girlfriends (because lets get serious here, 99.99% of goldbugs are men) are thinking watching this solid bull market pass them by and they're ending up poorer because their stubborn guy just won't let go of his doomer fantasy.

You're better off hoarding cases of tuna than stacking coins


Read the post that I just posted above you and show me where I am wrong.

Also....it is interesting that you brought up football players...

I often think to myself, I should be the guy speaking about money management at these rookie seminars they have to get professional athletes ready for all aspects of life in the NFL, NBA, etc.

I'd tell them instead of worrying about saving your money and not going broke. All you have to do is take 25% of your contract money out of the bank, put it into gold, and spend the rest on houses, cars, gold teeth, watches, fancy vacations and so on with all the rest. Have 5 kids from 3 different women if you want too. No worries. And when you inevitably go broke, you'll have plenty of money off the books in gold and be able to get by just fine and not have to worry about paying child support.

Allen Iverson was making so much money in the early part of his career, or mid career whenever he got his first huge contract, he actually set up a trust to sock away 25 million I think it was and he couldn't touch it until he was 50 or something like that. If he had put that 25 million into gold coins back in the 90's when he locked away 25 million in the bank, he'd have the same purchasing power when he turns 50 as it had back in the mid 90's when he locked it away. Now that 25 million he locked away back then will only be worth about 10 million when he is able to collect on it.


So by trying to "save" money in the bank and not letting himself touch it until 2030 or whenever he turns 50, he actually would have been better off blowing 15 of that 25 million on hookers and coke than keeping it in the bank, and keeping just 10 million in gold coins back in the mid 90's to have the same purchasing power that he will have when he is able to unlock that 25 million when he turns 50.

Last edited by HawaiiSurf; 05-13-2017 at 11:50 PM.
HawaiiSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:41 PM   #3666
TheMVP
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,606
Re: Silver

do you ever wonder why everybody disagrees with you and think hmmm maybe I'm wrong?

gold is a shiny metal rock, no matter how many times you say "gold is money" will change that
TheMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:42 PM   #3667
HawaiiSurf
banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangip View Post
Yeah...well inflation was starting to gain a foothold even back then I guess. Notice how you didn't respond to the substantive part of my post because you can't.

A min wage earner in 1964 made the equivalent of 52 ounces of gold a year. A min wage earner today makes the equivalent of 13 ounces of gold a year.

WHAT has changed?
HawaiiSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:45 PM   #3668
HawaiiSurf
banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMVP View Post
do you ever wonder why everybody disagrees with you and think hmmm maybe I'm wrong?

gold is a shiny metal rock, no matter how many times you say "gold is money" will change that
Of course nobody agrees, they made gold illegal for a reason. To brainwash the masses into fiat fake money so the government could confiscate all our wealth via inflation.

If gold is just a useless shiny rock, then why did the govt make it illegal???

80 years ago the electorate was educated and understood gold was money. And the govt understood that all someone needed to do to protect their wealth from the money masters was to keep it in gold, place it in a glass jar, and throw it in the pantry.

Only westerners in America snd Europe believe debt paper is money. Most of the rest of the world understands gold = wealth and money.
HawaiiSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:47 PM   #3669
TheMVP
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,606
Re: Silver

TIL gold is illegal
TheMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:01 AM   #3670
HawaiiSurf
banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMVP View Post
TIL gold is illegal
2nd amendment.

Also... the very fact that confiscation is a possibility that hangs over the heads of potential gold buyers, is probably the best reason possible for owning gold.

If you think govt will make gold illegal, there is a reason for that. Which means it isn't just a useless pretty rock. They want you as slaves...they don't want you owning gold. They want you completely wiped out when the currency crisis hits us.
HawaiiSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:33 AM   #3671
Jbrochu
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16,076
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiSurf View Post
You are a cashier at Woolworth in 1964 making $1.25/hour (min wage) and you put all your income into gold for 52 weeks and have roughly 52 ounces of gold at the end of 1964. You don't touch the gold until 2017 and you sell all the gold and you get $62,500. So someone making min wage in 1964 had the purchasing power of someone making $62,500 today. Or, someone making $62,500 today which is good income, has the purchasing power of someone working a cash register making min wage in 1964.
If you put the year of income into the S&P 500 instead of gold you would have more than $150,000.
Jbrochu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:46 AM   #3672
Love Sosa
veteran
 
Love Sosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: these bitches
Posts: 2,275
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMVP View Post
TIL gold is illegal
FDR (aka the lying cripple) banned private ownership of gold in 1933. The people who turned in their gold for fiat lost 40% of their purchasing power in the next year.
Love Sosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #3673
dynamite22
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 213
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrochu View Post
If you put the year of income into the S&P 500 instead of gold you would have more than $150,000.
How can the shiny metal guys not get this through their heads and yet they keep comparing hoarding gold/silver to storing your net worth in dollar bills?
dynamite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #3674
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 37,217
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiSurf View Post
2nd amendment.

Also... the very fact that confiscation is a possibility that hangs over the heads of potential gold buyers, is probably the best reason possible for owning gold.

If you think govt will make gold illegal, there is a reason for that. Which means it isn't just a useless pretty rock. They want you as slaves...they don't want you owning gold. They want you completely wiped out when the currency crisis hits us.
Can you define the "they"? And what incentive do "they" have for wanting normal folks wiped out by a currency crisis? The current "they" that most people decry are currently doing so well with this system that wiping out the angry rabble seems like a death sentence to "they". It's the contrary, if there is a "they", "they" like the middle class right where it is today, if not maybe a bit healthier.
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:30 AM   #3675
Jbrochu
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16,076
Re: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamite22 View Post
How can the shiny metal guys not get this through their heads and yet they keep comparing hoarding gold/silver to storing your net worth in dollar bills?
You can't trade stocks for food something something yada yada!
Jbrochu is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online