Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Business, Finance, and Investing Making money, investing in markets, and running businesses

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2020, 03:06 AM   #5701
thethrill009
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 775
Re: Coronavirus

Re ibuprofen: tons of anecdotal evidence on twitter last month from doctors and hospital staff. Check it out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thethrill009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:07 AM   #5702
PokerHero77
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,518
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickroll View Post
you attacked the premise of the statement without bothering to provide an alternative theory or at least point out specifically what was wrong with it

that's both arrogant and cowardly as you attack from the shadows without exposing your own opinion to rebuttals

it's just a really douchey move but looking back on it you've always been super douchey so whatever

it works for basic things like "do you know how many moon's the earth has" but once you start using it on incomplete data that's still unproven with multiple valid theories and far more horrible ones then it's a problem - in short, even if you were attempting to engage in good faith, there were still a dozen different answers to your statement that could be reasonably defended so it wasn't even clear which one you felt was the correct one so the end result was you just posted "no you're wrong and I have absolutely no evidence of that but it's how I feel and yet I'm still terrified of other people finding out I too am wrong so I'm not going to provide my own answer and just vaguely point out your answer must be false" Seriously, are you twelve?

only a dickhead or an idiot would post like that, i suspect it's both in your case but if i had to choose one i'd pick idiot since you're still at a loss here when to anyone else who read it would find your cheap shot was obvious even without the benefit of my commentary
I appreciate your response.

I cited an article, he labeled it "my analysis." WTF

He wanted to compare deaths in Nordic countries to prove a point. Apples-to-apples, except it is not apples-to-apples. A simple understanding of how the countries collect their data would show that they are not apples-to-apples. And you label me "arrogant" for addressing the issue?

And I was the one who acknowledged we are way too early in the game to assess to winners and losers. Yet he was asserting quite clearly that Sweden is "sacrificing lives", really.

I don't know why you seem to have an axe to grind. Maybe it was my comment earlier how you might not be able to write freely, I don't really know.

You spoke your peace and I gave you my response. I'll leave it at that.
PokerHero77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:12 AM   #5703
rickroll
oddly catty
 
rickroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: serene, serene, puissant, puissant
Posts: 7,042
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by despacito View Post
He's a partner at YCombinator, and the creator of Gmail.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Buchheit
best buddy - there are only a handful of people who are both independently wealthy beyond their own personal spending capacity and have a reputation strong enough to find funding at the drop of a hat with just a few phone calls and Paul Buchheit is one of them and has an estimated net worth of over 500 million

I haven't looked at any of the links or anything, I'm just saying if that guy is running a scam then we'd literally have to assume nobody in this world is legit
rickroll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:14 AM   #5704
PokerHero77
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,518
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by despacito View Post
I like the idea conceptually, but the idea of people waiting 10 minutes to go into a shopping mall or restaurant is likely a non-starter.

It seems to me a natural progression of this would be to develop a peripheral device that connects the test results to your smart phone. Take the test in the AM, then app uploads your test results to the host DB. You then walk up to a restaurant, mall, sporting event, whatever and you gain admission similar to a stub hub virtual ticket. Test good for 24 hours or whatever the venue thinks is acceptable.
PokerHero77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:35 AM   #5705
PokerHero77
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,518
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by piepounder View Post
pretty sure the right strat is extreme lockdown of seniors. give them free food and delivery services / priority health services. colocate workers of long term care homes and lock them down too. bring in trailers or put them in a hotel who cares. dont let them mix with the general population

let the under 50 go about their business and advise them to take precautions. Let them serve the old folks.

the 50-65 crowd. Go out when necessary for groceries/pharmacy runs, work from home, give them income supports for a bit if they cant work remotely

20% immunity for under 50 yo's plus some basic social distancing might not be herd immunity, but it would slow it a lot. Otherwise, it doesnt seem to matter how long the lockdown runs...it will take hold to a population with no immunity eventually.

oh wand wear masks in all indoor public spaces. how hard is that for 10 minutes
I guess the sides are (A) don't let anybody get CV because it will harm the vulnerable, or (B) protect the vulnerable and let the majority of the population resume their lives.

We know who gets sick and who doesn't. Obviously if you have underlying conditions you need to protect yourself. Can we get to the required 50/60% HI responsibly with the groups you suggested? Maybe. I like the chances of that over the chance of an effective vaccine available in 6 months.
PokerHero77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:42 AM   #5706
PokerHero77
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,518
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
After all of this - seeing this thread vs the WHO on analysis of covid - you trust the WHO? That's just a wow. The hard evidence greatly lags reality and high quality probability analysis, and "experts" only follow hard evidence (which is often wrong itself, but I digress). This blind spot, this incompetence of experts, is why the WHO and global viral experts gave us this pandemic. Now you want to listen to them on NSAIDS?
WHO likely gets their marching orders from China or whomever. I doubt they originate much of anything. The evidence to date on this pandemic aligns fairly well with that.
PokerHero77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:55 AM   #5707
despacito
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: $920. Funding secured.
Posts: 1,162
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
despacito, the guy sounds ridiculous. The more soaring words, the grander the vision, the more I avoid.



I’m not expressing a view on prospects of success. But the goal of making a low cost test for COVID doesn’t seem grand to me.

A British firm and researchers are developing a field test for ALL diseases using a genetic sample, afaik the reagent is prohibitively expensive, and technical expertise is required to interpret the results, it probably won’t be ready at scale for COVID, but compared to that this is a narrowly specified engineering problem.

Last edited by despacito; 04-26-2020 at 04:01 AM.
despacito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:30 AM   #5708
Shuffle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Shuffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10,334
Re: Coronavirus

"Quarantine fatigue":

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/new...g-15226487.php


Yep, easy to see this one coming. Infection rates and deaths will be going back up in a couple months in spades.
Shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:30 AM   #5709
Pinkmann
old hand
 
Pinkmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,420
Re: Coronavirus

A test for all diseases?

Theranos already did it.
Pinkmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:41 AM   #5710
:::grimReaper:::
veteran
 
:::grimReaper:::'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,110
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
Definitely recommend reading it. Threre's one person in the last page of that thread obsessively attacking me (grimReaper) vs multiple respected regulars saying that my take is true (they saw the trades) and calling for grim to be banned.
You count random, non-trader lurkers with <50 posts as respected? How about these posters ("please stop attacking me, wah wah"):


Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachii View Post
Yeah so first of all, I'd put my P&L for the year up against anyone in this thread. And that includes your "private chat" bros.

... I also think you're not entirely psychologically healthy and I kind of doubt that you actually trade (and certainly not at the level you claim to). ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
this has always been my main gripe w TS, and he's shown to basically never grow in this department. he will literally never take an L at any point and speaks with 100% certainty/expertise on 400 diff things. that doesn't make you smart, that makes you an arrogant toad.

TS has been on my ignore list for months (click to unhide his posts every so often) and it's been for the best, unfortunately gotta keep reading his stuff cuz most of you quote him nonstop.
...

BAN HIM YOU COWARDS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaseball View Post
Well, he is banned from every other 2+2 forum for a reason. He is a grade A troll who goes out of his way to argue with and antagonize others. He does have some very good thoughts, ideas and information. But he also has some truly horrific takes on things and even when proven wrong will continue arrogantly attacking. He won't ever discuss anything reasonably or without insults. For him everything is a dick measuring contest.

I love trading, talking about trading and I would love to discuss our current economic situation. My last couple of posts were attempts to spur that conversation only to be greeted by a multiquote lengthy post from out hero twisting my point and calling me names. This discourages any others from trying to enter the conversation.

I have no interest in that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP17 View Post
It's funny how the guys who offer nothing of value are the first to talk about what others bring to the table. Look, the way he attacks someone like mrbaseball who is clearly a trader with years of experience and used to be one of our best posters is unacceptable. You've had some of our best say TS posts good content but is also the main issue/culprit for why others don't post here. It's really that simple & blaming me & grim because we see an obvious liar is hilarious but not unexpected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletom View Post
+1 to this. If you want to brag about trade size, account size, 10-baggers etc. you should have to show proof if you are making the claim after the fact. People should be posting trades/ ideas not talking about trades/ dick-wagging in hindsight.

If Tooth bot the lows/ sold the highs I'm happy for him, but he should so some proof. It's what creates 99% of the problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizy View Post
Disclaimer first: I have TS on ignore. He's one of only three people on that list.

This post summarizes how I feel about TS pretty succinctly. He throws all kinds of comments and random predictions out there and claims credit for them when he is right, and just ignores all information that suggests he is, or at least might be, wrong.

And he can get away with it because he never (or very rarely at least) has any skin in the game or put money behind his words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizy View Post
And btw, TS should be banned, like everyone else, when he just trolls and makes ad hominem attacks.
:::grimReaper::: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:02 AM   #5711
Pinkmann
old hand
 
Pinkmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,420
Re: Coronavirus

Mods, how does grim not atleast have a timeout from all this? A warning? I mean ffs make it stop.
Pinkmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:26 AM   #5712
chezlaw
Limey Bastard
 
chezlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: London
Posts: 38,673
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerHero77 View Post
I guess the sides are (A) don't let anybody get CV because it will harm the vulnerable, or (B) protect the vulnerable and let the majority of the population resume their lives.

We know who gets sick and who doesn't. Obviously if you have underlying conditions you need to protect yourself. Can we get to the required 50/60% HI responsibly with the groups you suggested? Maybe. I like the chances of that over the chance of an effective vaccine available in 6 months.
They may be a serious flaw with this strategy. This is largely personal experience but the elder people I know don't particularly want to be protected because they don't see some reliable future worth giving up the present for. They (very wisely I think) have for some years taken the view that they need to make the most of life now because soon there will be no tomorrow to enjoy, either because of serious ill-health or death.

The main reason they are going along with not socialising or going on holiday is to protect the rest of us but if we allow the rest of us out they simply wont go along with it with very long.
chezlaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:11 AM   #5713
5 south
Pooh-Bah
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 3,723
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezlaw View Post
They may be a serious flaw with this strategy. This is largely personal experience but the elder people I know don't particularly want to be protected because they don't see some reliable future worth giving up the present for. They (very wisely I think) have for some years taken the view that they need to make the most of life now because soon there will be no tomorrow to enjoy, either because of serious ill-health or death.

The main reason they are going along with not socialising or going on holiday is to protect the rest of us but if we allow the rest of us out they simply wont go along with it with very long.
Obviously it will be a personal decision who wants to do what but some people may want to hide out and see what happens.
My 40yo cousin was born with a hole in his heart and has a pacemaker or something in there. Doubt he's ready to call it a life and take his chances if there is a possible alternative.
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:31 AM   #5714
O.A.F.K.1.1
Ted Patrick
 
O.A.F.K.1.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep Coma
Posts: 23,189
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerHero77 View Post
I appreciate your response.

I cited an article, he labeled it "my analysis." WTF

He wanted to compare deaths in Nordic countries to prove a point. Apples-to-apples, except it is not apples-to-apples. A simple understanding of how the countries collect their data would show that they are not apples-to-apples. And you label me "arrogant" for addressing the issue?
You cant be so absolutely dumb to realise that claiming its not apples to apples is utterly moot if you dont supply any evidence or explanation of why that is so,

You made an absolutely naked unsupported claim. No one takes you seriously thereby.

So either support your cool story bro claim with some factual evidence or stfu.
O.A.F.K.1.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:31 AM   #5715
chezlaw
Limey Bastard
 
chezlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: London
Posts: 38,673
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 south View Post
Obviously it will be a personal decision who wants to do what but some people may want to hide out and see what happens.
My 40yo cousin was born with a hole in his heart and has a pacemaker or something in there. Doubt he's ready to call it a life and take his chances if there is a possible alternative.
The point mostly applies to older people. Protecting yourself for a prolonged period makes a lot more sense if you have a quality life expectancy of many decades rather than a few years.

There comes a stage in life where you just have to enjoy it while you can.
chezlaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:34 AM   #5716
chytry
Pooh-Bah
 
chytry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,839
Re: Coronavirus

Climate science deniers at forefront of downplaying coronavirus pandemic
chytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:32 AM   #5717
Best Buddy
journeyman
 
Best Buddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Rioting
Posts: 341
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickroll View Post
best buddy - there are only a handful of people who are both independently wealthy beyond their own personal spending capacity and have a reputation strong enough to find funding at the drop of a hat with just a few phone calls and Paul Buchheit is one of them and has an estimated net worth of over 500 million

I haven't looked at any of the links or anything, I'm just saying if that guy is running a scam then we'd literally have to assume nobody in this world is legit
Okay I believe you.

But what the heck Despacito changed all his posts after the fact. His first posts were literally only exactly what I quoted then he added more later. Very sneaky but I still you you Despacito.
Best Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:49 AM   #5718
grizy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
grizy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,057
Re: Coronavirus

I think there is a decent possibility I just got hit with this thing (I expected to be at some point given where I live and work.) I was just feeling super lazy from Tuesday to like Saturday, though still had good appettite and thought it was just allergy season as usual. I woke up this morning feeling like I did 2 hero WODs in a row then tried to do it again and failing overnight.

I ate a pineapple cake and it tasted... fine? But just biting and chewing felt like a chore. Don't feel like eating but very much craving bubble tea.

Temp is barely elevated, 99.5, within normal but I usually walk around with body temp just barely over 97. Face is a little flushed according to my wife but she's not sure.

But... weirdly, I feel, fine otherwise. Throat is barely dry, and I am not even sure if that's the allergies talking. I have no difficulty breathing. I am not coughing. And after walking in the living room for a minute pretty quickly and doing a couple burpees, I just felt like absolute **** but wasn't having trouble breathing really.

I mean, honestly it feels like a bad case of the flu minus the cough that I usually get. But uh... it is extremely unpleasant and the combination of symptoms is something I've never experienced before. The extreme level of lethargy and just general muscle soreness is like nothing I've felt before.
grizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:28 AM   #5719
Best Buddy
journeyman
 
Best Buddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Rioting
Posts: 341
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikaKazak View Post
TL;DR: How can I improve my lung function and capacity due to the damage I received from having Covid-19?


Long version: I did NOT test positive for coronavirus, but I'm pretty sure I had it. Feel free to read my earlier posts in this thread if you're wondering why I believe that.

So an update on my situation. My 7 year old daughter is 100% fine, has no lingering issues, and feels terrific. My 36 year old wife, feels 100% except for a very minor/small decrease in lung capacity which she attributed to not working out for 6 weeks while she was sick.

My situation isn't as good though. While I no longer cough, don't have fatigue, no more blowing my nose non stop, I have noticed a significant decrease in lung capacity/function.

Before I got covid-19 I was running 12.5 miles per day to train for a half ironman that I had registered for. 12.5 miles was pretty easy, and not that big of a deal. In retrospect, I was over training and going too hard, I should of had rest days, but I'm just sharing this information so you know how much better shape I was in compared to the average american. I'm also 36, have never smoked, only drink 3-4 times a year, and have never done drugs, never any health issues, and trained jujitsu twice a week. Pre covid I was super healthy. I don't even eat sugar and rarely eat process foods (I haven't gone "out to eat" in over a year because the food is so unhealthy where I live in nowhere Idaho...I don't even use ketchup or other sauces because it's filled with sugar and other crap)

Now however I can't even go 2 minutes sitting in a chair, doing nothing, without having to take an intentional DEEP breathe. And when I do take that deep my lung feel like they're extremely constricted. Also in my family, I was the one to have the worst symptoms from covid-19 BY FAR! I was bed ridden for 3 days and during those 3 days I was coughing up blood. (sick for a total of 5.5 weeks)

So my question to you guys is, I've obviously been googling this non stop. But before I just start doing the "main stream advice," I was hoping to get your guys' advice. Last time I did what google recommended I took Ibuprofen with NSAIDs and made my situation way worse, lol. So at least I'm learning from my mistakes.

Advice would be appreciated Thanks in advance!
I also want you to realize that pre-COVID you were not as healthy as you thought you were. Too much exercise is just as bad for your immune system as not enough exercise. That's probably why you got so sick. What a cruel irony. I hope you feel better and see a doctor soon!
Best Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:34 AM   #5720
AnotherMakiavelli
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,323
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
despacito, the guy sounds ridiculous. The more soaring words, the grander the vision, the more I avoid.

Ah, the tyranny of the fact checkers and those silly enough to listen to their nonsense. Here's a clue: fact checkers are just random cucks with an opinion like everyone else, who more or less follow the orthodoxy and prevailing philosphy/groupthink/political bias. They're not objective.

"No evidence" isn't a debunking - there's no scientific evidence that trying to cuddle a grizzly is dangerous either (who knows if he likes hugs? no one has ever tested it). No one has done reliable studies on NSAIDS and covid and there are multiple very plausible mechanisms for why they increase the illness. And "no evidence" isn't even correct - there is evidence, it just doesn't yet rise to the level required for slow-moving organizations like the WHO to change longstanding practice. Maintenance of orthodoxy (until large amounts of compelling evidence are in saying it must be changed) is 1000x more important to these people than saving lives. I mean, that's one of the big reasons they screwed up this pandemic. 200,000 people are needlessly dead because these useless cucks in the WHO didn't want to act outside of orthodoxy, long past the point when anyone with a functioning brain would have done just that.

The point of NSAIDS is to blunt immune system response. That's not what you want to do with covid, as initially the immune system is functioning optimally as far as infection is concerned. Since NSAIDS are worthless + net harmful anyway when you're young without autoimmune conditions, caution and avoidance is the correct response.

After all of this - seeing this thread vs the WHO on analysis of covid - you trust the WHO? That's just a wow. The hard evidence greatly lags reality and high quality probability analysis, and "experts" only follow hard evidence (which is often wrong itself, but I digress). This blind spot, this incompetence of experts, is why the WHO and global viral experts gave us this pandemic. Now you want to listen to them on NSAIDS?
LOL. I find it funny that some people find it easier to believe in something not backed by evidence than being critical thinkers and demanding proof before they believe something.

Comparing this to hugging a bear is a bad example. This has been proven over time to be a bad idea, there were many many encounters (evidence).

That's why a lot of people can be fed BS these days so easily. And to be honest, that is why I am an atheist. I know a lot of folks in this thread, around 49% will hate me now. If you show me ANY evidence for god I may change my mind.

Do you believe in Santa Claus as well? There is plenty of pictures of him if searching on Twitter, Google and anywhere else.

Don't look for evidence on Twitter. This site is heavily polluted with disinformation campaigns by various actors with different intentions.

If you want some overview, just use google and try to get an overview instead of listening to random forum chatter. Check different sources, with this thread as some sort of source, just like some posters in this thread. Then check for similarities.

Google Search Result: ibuprofen covid-19

In this case, it was just a rumor spread by the French Health ministry that was then amplificated by disinformation campaigns.

If using google to search, you can also filter for results of the last day, last week and so on. The info about covid-19 changes quickly so you may want to filter out old (outdated) information.

I agree that the WHO was possibly slow, but it is still the only organization connecting the various health systems around this world. It is like a very big ship, just like any big org. I know that Trump supporters would like to blame it on the WHO, Trump even stopped payments. This is just an attempt to find someone to blame it on. I think this is not the right time to blame anyone. Right now the pandemic has to be fought. Politicizing it, is a bad idea IMO.

I will change my mind as soon as any credible source backs this up, that's just how my believe system works, not the other way around.

I am done posting to this thread, there is just too much non-sense posted in here.

Last edited by AnotherMakiavelli; 04-26-2020 at 10:40 AM.
AnotherMakiavelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:44 AM   #5721
TeflonDawg
Pooh-Bah
 
TeflonDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: RetiredExtremelyDangerous
Posts: 5,204
Re: Coronavirus

My understanding was that ibuprofen (Advil) was a no no and acetaminophen (Tylenol) was OK

Is this incorrect?
TeflonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:44 AM   #5722
Best Buddy
journeyman
 
Best Buddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Rioting
Posts: 341
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizy View Post
I think there is a decent possibility I just got hit with this thing (I expected to be at some point given where I live and work.) I was just feeling super lazy from Tuesday to like Saturday, though still had good appettite and thought it was just allergy season as usual. I woke up this morning feeling like I did 2 hero WODs in a row then tried to do it again and failing overnight.

I ate a pineapple cake and it tasted... fine? But just biting and chewing felt like a chore. Don't feel like eating but very much craving bubble tea.

Temp is barely elevated, 99.5, within normal but I usually walk around with body temp just barely over 97. Face is a little flushed according to my wife but she's not sure.

But... weirdly, I feel, fine otherwise. Throat is barely dry, and I am not even sure if that's the allergies talking. I have no difficulty breathing. I am not coughing. And after walking in the living room for a minute pretty quickly and doing a couple burpees, I just felt like absolute **** but wasn't having trouble breathing really.

I mean, honestly it feels like a bad case of the flu minus the cough that I usually get. But uh... it is extremely unpleasant and the combination of symptoms is something I've never experienced before. The extreme level of lethargy and just general muscle soreness is like nothing I've felt before.
It could be COVID or lots of things but also consider that these are the kinds of symptoms that people get as a result of increased chemical exposure. Are you using a lot more disinfectant chemicals at home or work?
Best Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:54 AM   #5723
AnotherMakiavelli
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,323
Re: Coronavirus

Something is correct when it has been proven IMO. There is still no proof (or evidence) for that.

And one last word for those who don't know. In Google, you can click on the Tools button and then you can find the "Any Time" default selection. After clicking on that, you can filter the search result, for the last week, yesterday or whatever.
AnotherMakiavelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:01 AM   #5724
Best Buddy
journeyman
 
Best Buddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Rioting
Posts: 341
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherMakiavelli View Post
LOL. I find it funny that some people find it easier to believe in something not backed by evidence than being critical thinkers and demanding proof before they believe something.

Comparing this to hugging a bear is a bad example. This has been proven over time to be a bad idea, there were many many encounters (evidence).

That's why a lot of people can be fed BS these days so easily. And to be honest, that is why I am an atheist. I know a lot of folks in this thread, around 49% will hate me now. If you show me ANY evidence for god I may change my mind.

Do you believe in Santa Claus as well? There is plenty of pictures of him if searching on Twitter, Google and anywhere else.

Don't look for evidence on Twitter. This site is heavily polluted with disinformation campaigns by various actors with different intentions.

If you want some overview, just use google and try to get an overview instead of listening to random forum chatter. Check different sources, with this thread as some sort of source, just like some posters in this thread. Then check for similarities.

Google Search Result: ibuprofen covid-19

In this case, it was just a rumor spread by the French Health ministry that was then amplificated by disinformation campaigns.

If using google to search, you can also filter for results of the last day, last week and so on. The info about covid-19 changes quickly so you may want to filter out old (outdated) information.

I agree that the WHO was possibly slow, but it is still the only organization connecting the various health systems around this world. It is like a very big ship, just like any big org. I know that Trump supporters would like to blame it on the WHO, Trump even stopped payments. This is just an attempt to find someone to blame it on. I think this is not the right time to blame anyone. Right now the pandemic has to be fought. Politicizing it, is a bad idea IMO.

I will change my mind as soon as any credible source backs this up, that's just how my believe system works, not the other way around.

I am done posting to this thread, there is just too much non-sense posted in here.
First part wrong, second part right. If you think someone hates you because you are an atheist they are not a true Christian. Psalm 14 1
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."
Best Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:27 AM   #5725
AnotherMakiavelli
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,323
Re: Coronavirus

Who's more fool? The fool or the fool that follows the fool.
AnotherMakiavelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online