Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] [Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified]

08-03-2021 , 12:55 PM
Hello,

I mainly play 200nl-500nl on ignition/bovada. I've been playing there for several years with solid win rates. I played poker recreationally from around 2009-2018 and then decided to give full time poker a chance in 2018 (see results below). In 2019 I had serious life issues come up and played almost no poker. At the end of 2019 I started completely over with $100 roll and completed a $100-$10k challenge starting at 5nl in about 180k hands (see below).

2018 Results
--------------


Since late 2019
--------------




$100-$10k bankroll challenge results
--------------






--------------
Who would benefit the most from my coaching?

The people that would benefit from my coaching the most will be at stakes 5nl up to struggling 200nl players. Specifically players on ignition/bovada will also benefit the most since I have a lot of population data/stats and due to the fact I recently did a $100-$10k challenge through all the stakes, so I know my current strategy/outlook on the game will work well there.

--------------

Types of coaching:

-- In-depth database analysis
------- Review database (50k+ hands preferred)
------- Preflop stats (RFI/3b/BB defense/steal success rates)
----------- BB defense as function of RFI sizing
----------- 3B ranges, facing 3B (IP/OOP)
------- Basic stats, WWSF/WSD/WTSD/RCE
------- Cbet frequencies and success rates
----------- SRP/3BP, IP/OOP
------- Folding frequencies
----------- SRP/3BP, IP/OOP
------- And more additional stats
-- HH review
------- Review selected HH identifying leaks in thought process/action
-- Session review (recording)
------- Review a student's session identifying leaks in thought process/action
-- In-depth analysis of a game node (think SRP SB vs BB)
------- Utilizes combination of population statistics and aggregation analysis
-- Piosolver coaching (basic/pro/edge)
------- Basic functionality
------- Scripting
------- Runout hotness
------- Node locking
------- Aggregated analysis
------- PIO edge, setting up preflop trees and utilizing the preflop solver

-----------------
Every coaching session is recorded and a copy is provided to the student typically via a google drive along with any additional notes/recommendations or supplemental materials referenced during the session. A typical coaching session is approximately 60-90 minutes in length.

What do you get from the coaching:

- 60-90 minute coaching session
- Recording of the coaching session
- Free preflop charts
- Supplemental materials (if used/referenced)
- Notes/recommendations based on the session
- Access to student-only discord
------ Network with other likeminded individuals
------ Post hand histories for discussion/review
------ Ask other poker related questions

FAQ

- I don't offer CFP as of this moment
- I don't offer staking as of this moment
- I don't offer package deals as of this moment
- No negotiating on price

To schedule coaching please contact me here on 2+2. If you have questions regarding my offer and think others would benefit from hearing the answer, then simply ask here.

Last edited by Brokenstars; 08-03-2021 at 01:02 PM.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-07-2021 , 01:40 PM
jfc. People with 3.5 bb winrates at 1/2 zone have student discords. Why would anyone hire you over someone like kanaxis w/ 500/200 results at tough sites not ignition.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-07-2021 , 03:55 PM
I didn't even read it correctly. 100$/hr. wtaf. Your last results are from 2 years ago except for a microstakes challenge haha. hourly playing poker is 30, charges 100 for coaching. where do you get the audacity.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-08-2021 , 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanosupremo
I didn't even read it correctly. 100$/hr. wtaf. Your last results are from 2 years ago except for a microstakes challenge haha. hourly playing poker is 30, charges 100 for coaching. where do you get the audacity.
That's gotta be the most incredibly rude thing that I've seen in awhile. If you don't like what he's selling...move on. No reason to come in here and disparage him. Go through his post history - he's quite friendly and willing to share his knowledge with the community. He's also came highly recommended from another well respected player. I'm still working on my hand history database, but BS has been super willing and friendly in his discord channel to help those that are looking for thoughts / insight. I'll be purchasing a database review from his shortly.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-09-2021 , 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream1101
That's gotta be the most incredibly rude thing that I've seen in awhile. If you don't like what he's selling...move on. No reason to come in here and disparage him. Go through his post history - he's quite friendly and willing to share his knowledge with the community. He's also came highly recommended from another well respected player. I'm still working on my hand history database, but BS has been super willing and friendly in his discord channel to help those that are looking for thoughts / insight. I'll be purchasing a database review from his shortly.
if you want to buy some snake oil, brokenstars seems like a nice guy to get your fill. there are a lot of snake oil salesmen in poker. be careful before you spend 100$/hr on a guy who's hourly is 30$ at best. jesus christ the arrogance to think you are worth 100$/hr when you would never make half that at the tables.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-09-2021 , 08:18 PM
^ has 12 posts on 2+2, one of which says:

"Why even decide to post something like this? I can only assume you are just a generally negative person. I guess we'll see how I do in the end, huh?"

Which would be my exact response right back to him here.

~~~~~~~

I've gotten coaching from Brokenstars and it has paid for itself easily the cost many times over. Wouldn't mind doing it again if I still played NLHE online :P
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-11-2021 , 04:31 PM
I've been playing poker as a hobby/(daily) since 2008 and have had a few different coaches. All have been very positive but Brokenstars has been amazing. I messaged several long time 2+2 vets who I respect and they recommended him. He goes above and beyond what you would expect. Coaching is more than just strategy its taking a real interest in the success of your students. When I decided to re-commit again a few years ago I was struggling and he quickly identified some leaks that turned me into winning again in a few months of work. I've checked around on RIO for example and $100 hr is a bargain and it's not close. He has a great balance of theory and exploit for the lower levels. We have done database reviews, PIO tutorials, deep dives into common spots, hand reviews and session sweats. Several times he let me sweat him while playing for no charge just having fun talking **** about poker. If you don't know he is a freakin genius btw but is able to explain things at the level of his student. Sometimes my head is spinning when he starts in on the math on tough spots but he takes the time to walk me through it. (This is the guy who doesn't come to class and shows up for the test and gets an A and walks out). Just an all around great guy who has helped me immensely. As an example we had a session three nights ago and I was missing some obvious overbet spots. After the session that same night (2am btw) he made a video on overbetting using PIO and his own hand examples from the last month and it was in my folder in 2 hours. Not sure how many other coaches would do that. Just one example of his willingness to go above and beyond. Just the ranges and other study materials are easily worth way way more than the $100 he charges. He has an active discord with many others sharing hands and comments and he almost always comes in and gives his 2 cents. Or you can just send him the hand and he will go through the tree.

If you are in the small stakes to 200NL would be just silly not to hit him up. I can't speak for higher cuz I don't play those so don't have the knowledge to comment on that. I know that I sound like a hype man but he has talked me off the tilt cliff several times due to some really bad EV stretches the last few years for free. (not charging me just friendly discussions). Variance has hit me hard the last year or so but I'm still winning at a decent clip mainly because of his help.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-11-2021 , 04:33 PM
These are my results from this year so far. I had my first session with Brokenstars somewhere in that circle. At that point I was playing 25NL and winning at 2.5bb/100. Since then I have moved to 100NL and have taken a couple shots at 200NL.

The coaching sessions I got from Brokenstars were incredibly valuable. During the database review he found two large leaks that I was completely unaware of. It was very thorough and gave me a way better perception of where my game was at than I had before.

He also has provided me with plenty of resources that have helped me study and improve on my own, along with continual support in his discord group. Can't recommend him enough as a coach.
[IMG][/IMG]
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-11-2021 , 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonWelson
These are my results from this year so far. I had my first session with Brokenstars somewhere in that circle. At that point I was playing 25NL and winning at 2.5bb/100. Since then I have moved to 100NL and have taken a couple shots at 200NL.

The coaching sessions I got from Brokenstars were incredibly valuable. During the database review he found two large leaks that I was completely unaware of. It was very thorough and gave me a way better perception of where my game was at than I had before.

He also has provided me with plenty of resources that have helped me study and improve on my own, along with continual support in his discord group. Can't recommend him enough as a coach.
[IMG][/IMG]
Looks like you ran bad and then got coaching and stopped running bad...you were actually winning at much higher than 2.5evbb at 25nl which is the more relevant stat.

Last edited by SB1234; 08-11-2021 at 09:42 PM.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-12-2021 , 04:00 AM
Yesterday i finished my first coaching lesson with brokenstars. The database analysis was tremendous. He has a clear path he is following to analyze your leaks. You can see from the getgo he put a lot of thoughts on how to step by step highlighting your leaks just based on overall statistics.

He has a calm, easy understanding and good motivated way to explain. I was looking for a coaching for some time now and his post here got me convinced and after i did a session with him i'm even more convinced.

So please ppl don't judge something or make someones work bad when you dont really have a clue or exprienced it because the value you get for 100$ here is worth the cost for sure!!!
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-12-2021 , 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB1234
Looks like you ran bad and then got coaching and stopped running bad...you were actually winning at much higher than 2.5evbb at 25nl which is the more relevant stat.
Iíve been playing online poker for 8 years or so bouncing up and down stakes. Iím currently beating 100NL at 4.5bb/100 over 90k hands. Are you accusing me of lying that Brokenstars helped me achieve that? I came into coaching a decent player and now thanks to him I am a better one.

Iím not sure what your point is.

Thanks for pointing out the run bad though, it was rough.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-16-2021 , 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonWelson
Iíve been playing online poker for 8 years or so bouncing up and down stakes. Iím currently beating 100NL at 4.5bb/100 over 90k hands. Are you accusing me of lying that Brokenstars helped me achieve that? I came into coaching a decent player and now thanks to him I am a better one.

Iím not sure what your point is.

Thanks for pointing out the run bad though, it was rough.
He was just making fun of the fact that before Brokenstars coaching you were 30 buy ins under EV, then after his coaching you were only 10 buy ins under EV.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-18-2021 , 11:44 AM
I've had a coaching session with BrokenStars. I paid him back with a chess coaching session haha

I can confirm that he's a great teacher. BrokenStars knows what he's talking about, but more importantly he knows how to communicate that knowledge in a way that's easy to understand and digest.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-21-2021 , 09:00 AM
Had my DB review with BS earlier this week. Pointed out a ton of leaks. The review was informative and very useful. He spent about 90 minutes with me going over a ton of filters in PT4 and save me a ton of time. Afterwards, I was given the video of the session so that I can play another 25k hands and pull the stats myself. Fully plan on doing another sit down session with him in a couple of months.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-23-2021 , 03:17 AM
Tried message you directly but seems not working in the forum. How should I get in touch?
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-23-2021 , 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcpoker825
Tried message you directly but seems not working in the forum. How should I get in touch?
bspokercoaching@gmail.com
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-23-2021 , 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcpoker825
Tried message you directly but seems not working in the forum. How should I get in touch?
Also, for FYI - I think you need like 5 or 10 public forum posts before you are allowed to send private messages This is to prevent spams and scams.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
08-24-2021 , 04:19 AM
Thank you mate lol no wonder why I cannot PM him!
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
09-03-2021 , 11:16 AM
Hey I would love to work with you. But I am unable to send messages (I think because my account is new). How can I contact you? Thanks
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
09-03-2021 , 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullastyle
Hey I would love to work with you. But I am unable to send messages (I think because my account is new). How can I contact you? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenstars
I've created an E-mail see above.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
09-07-2021 , 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanosupremo
jesus christ the arrogance to think you are worth 100$/hr when you would never make half that at the tables.
You really have to appreciate the unbridled ignorance of some of these <20 post troll accounts. I genuinely think this guy is being sincere.

Reminds me of an awesome quote about the incalculable value of freedom of speech from JS Mill in On Liberty:

" ...the peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more that those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error."

Last edited by TommyTsunami; 09-07-2021 at 06:10 PM.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
11-07-2021 , 01:22 PM
Hey Brokenstars, i might be interested, any way we could talk outside this thread?
I'm a never ending poker looser at small stakes, but i'm a dreamer ahah
So one day i might become profitable lol
please hit me up
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
11-07-2021 , 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by $uperPAnda
Hey Brokenstars, i might be interested, any way we could talk outside this thread?
I'm a never ending poker looser at small stakes, but i'm a dreamer ahah
So one day i might become profitable lol
please hit me up
Sure. I've sent you a PM.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
11-16-2021 , 08:34 PM
I had a coaching session with brokenstars last week and found the session to be very helpful. We spent 90 minutes going over my small database to make sure I was on the right track while building a sample, reviewed some hands, talked about pio and studying, and made a clear cut list on things to work on / improve / study. He pointed out a good amount of leaks in my game and talked about some errors in my fundamentals which I found very helpful and informative. After having the session with Brokenstars, I feel more confident grinding as I venture further out into the cash streets, and I'm looking forward to getting more hands and booking another session.
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote
11-28-2021 , 04:35 AM
I had my first session with Brokenstars!
We did a database analysis, he founds many leaks of mine, and could pinpoint them. He went on explaining me what i was doing wrong and how to improve.
At the end of the session he shares to you a file with the recording of the coaching session, ranges, and the notes with all the database analysis.
I'm really happy from the session i had with him, if you want to improve in poker and couldnn't do it alone he is a very good coach for you!
[Brokenstars] [0/hr] 6max NLH 5nl-200nl [Verified] Quote

      
m