Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #176
88keyz
adept
 
88keyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 897
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

he fell off
88keyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #177
RandyJ
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Denver, Co
Posts: 71
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit436 View Post
I have a problem when someone accuses people of cheating when they have no evidence to back their claims. As long you have no evidence to back your claims you have no right to accuse someone of cheating because you had a gut feeling you were being cheated but still no evidence to back your claims. In my eyes, not guilty until proven guilty.

I really wish you well and congrats on the twins .
I agree, that I have no evidence and this luckily is just a personal anecdote so I can tell my opinion of what happened. People will choose to believe or disbelieve. Either way it doesn't bring the cash back. It is just my allegation. I will say that I am telling the truth and I know what went down. I didnt really bring it up when it happened because it was a he said she said situation. Turns out that my experience was pretty much in line with what others had suspected apparently, but no one had any concrete evidence. So yes...Freddie is not guilty in a legal sense at this point...but I know he is a scumbag. The whole obscenity argument...I know it when I see it.

And thank you for the congrats.. Hopefully we all will do well.
RandyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #178
Gambit436
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyJ View Post
I agree, that I have no evidence and this luckily is just a personal anecdote so I can tell my opinion of what happened. People will choose to believe or disbelieve. Either way it doesn't bring the cash back. It is just my allegation. I will say that I am telling the truth and I know what went down. I didnt really bring it up when it happened because it was a he said she said situation. Turns out that my experience was pretty much in line with what others had suspected apparently, but no one had any concrete evidence. So yes...Freddie is not guilty in a legal sense at this point...but I know he is a scumbag. The whole obscenity argument...I know it when I see it.

And thank you for the congrats.. Hopefully we all will do well.
Are you going to be playing any big tournaments in the near future? or are you tight on your poker bankroll?
Gambit436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #179
mmanpoker
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Geneva WI
Posts: 915
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDrawingDead View Post
Ya... We are only getting Randy's side of the story. Despite him claiming to being too open about his personal life, he is def leaving out the details behind him not being aloud to see his kids in 3 years.
He went to jail for a year and was a pro poker played. Judges/Guardian ad litems in custody cases can make it very difficult for you ecspecially if they deem you to be a bad person. Obviously some people have come a long way on beliefs about poker as a profession, but not all. They probably have been railroading him because of these issues. Getting custody back is a process and depending on how bitter one of the sides is being, it can be dragged out forever.
mmanpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #180
mmanpoker
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Geneva WI
Posts: 915
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

I have some in common with Randy. Those of you who havent been in similiar situations may find it to sound a bit fishy. First off, if you dont pay speeding tickets they will suspend your license. Upon suspending your license, if you are caught you go directly to jail depending on the state. I know because its happened to me. Now certain states have harsh penilties on hibutual traffic violaters.Driving on a suspended 6x could definitly get you a year in jail. Also, as I stated above, judges and people look down on poker as a profession. My sons mothers was given permission to move cross country with my son. The reasoning for the allowance was that even though I was paid up on my child support that I didnt have a stable job and they were gonna let her go to college because it would allow hed to get a better job and afford my son more stability. This is a frickem joke in my mind. If I was an entreprenuer who took risks with my money, I would have been looked at diffrently. Instead, I was looked at as a degen who would rather gamble then work for a living. Im sure Randy had some of these exact hurdles when it come to regaining some custody of his children. I wish you well on your journey friend.
mmanpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #181
yaleg34
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 62
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

dreamcrusher, you down for this?

Need your action in play this weekend... Should be big edge for you!

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29.../#post35424895
yaleg34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #182
OJsBludyNife
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmanpoker View Post
I have some in common with Randy. Those of you who havent been in similiar situations may find it to sound a bit fishy. First off, if you dont pay speeding tickets they will suspend your license. Upon suspending your license, if you are caught you go directly to jail depending on the state. I know because its happened to me. Now certain states have harsh penilties on hibutual traffic violaters.Driving on a suspended 6x could definitly get you a year in jail. Also, as I stated above, judges and people look down on poker as a profession. My sons mothers was given permission to move cross country with my son. The reasoning for the allowance was that even though I was paid up on my child support that I didnt have a stable job and they were gonna let her go to college because it would allow hed to get a better job and afford my son more stability. This is a frickem joke in my mind. If I was an entreprenuer who took risks with my money, I would have been looked at diffrently. Instead, I was looked at as a degen who would rather gamble then work for a living. Im sure Randy had some of these exact hurdles when it come to regaining some custody of his children. I wish you well on your journey friend.
So why didn't you quit poker and get a real job then if it meant your kids would be gone?
OJsBludyNife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #183
mmanpoker
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Geneva WI
Posts: 915
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsBludyNife View Post
So why didn't you quit poker and get a real job then if it meant your kids would be gone?
Because they dont tell you this in advance. You sit down with a court appointed guardian ad litem and they talk to you for an hour or so to gague different things. Then they come up with a reccomendation. You go to your court date and see that basically in the Guardan ad litems reccomendation that they believe your profession isnt steady and that is why they they beoieve it is in the best interest that the child be allowed to move. The judge then males a decision that day which will basically always go with the guardian ad litems reccomendation. So you basically get blind sided.

If the guy would have broke it down to me that day and said, hey get a real job and your kid stays, then I would have done it in a second.
mmanpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #184
OJsBludyNife
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmanpoker View Post
Because they dont tell you this in advance. You sit down with a court appointed guardian ad litem and they talk to you for an hour or so to gague different things. Then they come up with a reccomendation. You go to your court date and see that basically in the Guardan ad litems reccomendation that they believe your profession isnt steady and that is why they they beoieve it is in the best interest that the child be allowed to move. The judge then males a decision that day which will basically always go with the guardian ad litems reccomendation. So you basically get blind sided.

If the guy would have broke it down to me that day and said, hey get a real job and your kid stays, then I would have done it in a second.
Did you follow them?
OJsBludyNife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #185
mmanpoker
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Geneva WI
Posts: 915
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsBludyNife View Post
Did you follow them?
No because it would have costed me my whole bankroll to move cross country. Im still hoping to bink a decent tournament just to get capital to be able to do so. Im a 3/5 live grinder and my bankroll is 12k and it only slowly grows because of all my exspenses and bills come out of my profits. Eventually when I grow my bankroll big enough I will move down to Florida to be with my son. I still see him, all summer plus spring and christmas breaks.

Anyway, not to get on to much of a tangent about myself, but I can use my situations to explain how Randy could be in a similar spot.
mmanpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #186
RandyJ
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Denver, Co
Posts: 71
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit436 View Post
Are you going to be playing any big tournaments in the near future? or are you tight on your poker bankroll?
I plan on playing as many mid to large tournys as is possible. But the roll is quite small and my GF if due with our twins in about 4 weeks so they all come first. So basically I am in the same boat as a lot of people...big desires, but life gives roadblocks.
RandyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #187
RandyJ
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Denver, Co
Posts: 71
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmanpoker View Post
No because it would have costed me my whole bankroll to move cross country. Im still hoping to bink a decent tournament just to get capital to be able to do so. Im a 3/5 live grinder and my bankroll is 12k and it only slowly grows because of all my exspenses and bills come out of my profits. Eventually when I grow my bankroll big enough I will move down to Florida to be with my son. I still see him, all summer plus spring and christmas breaks.

Anyway, not to get on to much of a tangent about myself, but I can use my situations to explain how Randy could be in a similar spot.
Poker is really not looked at well in any sort of domestic cases. They look for "stability". It made no difference that I have zero issues with drugs or alcohol, that I had years of huge earnings, and that I had a ton of evidence showing what a good dad I was. Basically my ex new all my weaknesses and totally used them against me. I fell into their trap, because I thought it was truly about what is best for the children. It isn't. It is about winning and the first person to cut deep is the one who will win. Basically if you want to completely take all the power in a domestic case, it comes down to simply being the first one to call the police. It helps if you are willing to lie.

I will admit that I messed up on my driving, and the fact that I continued to drive when I didn't have a license gave them all the ammo that they needed to end up stripping me of everything. So poker was a part of it, because they can turn anything into a negative, when it isnt understood by the average person. Basically me playing 40-50 hours a week was a sign of addiction and degeneracy, even though I would make 10 times what an average guy would make. 40-50 hours at a 9-5 and they think you are Mr. responsible citizen, even if it is at 14$ an hour.

All I can say is divorce lawyers are scum.
RandyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #188
Ohiopoker1978
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 55
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

No offense but if your so good how could u be broke?

Also maybe u just ran good in some big tournies? I dont know anything about u just saying. I just turne=d 60 into 18,000 past few months and won over 230k grinding online poker. Having issues getting paid cuz Ft owes me 72k. So playing lower but man dont see how if your that good can be broke.
Ohiopoker1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #189
jusgivithere
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 98
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyJ View Post
NO kidding there. She was super hot, and with me from the very beginning when I had nothing, but once she got used to the money it changed her. Money changed me a bit as well. But she did some real evil stuff regarding my kids and custody, so that is what really did crush my dreams. But now I get to do it all again with the experience to know what mistakes not to make again.

Now I have a gorgeous new gf, we are expecting identical twin boys in December, and hopefully the game hasnt passed me by and I can get back on top.
Holy ****, I think our wives are soulmates.
My wife was super hot, with me since beginning when we were 16 and even supported me when we were broke early on. Once I started crushing poker, the money changed us like you say. Then when it stopped coming in she takes off.... And always thought she would be with me forever and I never expected she would ever turn so terrible , but with the custody of the kids she did evil stuff as well, making **** up so I wouldn't get access, and i still only get supervised access right now. I also got in trouble with the law, and am currently on house arrest. I don't have the new gf yet...but its good to see you came out of that hole man. Gives me hope.

Ryan Fisler
jusgivithere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #190
willie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
willie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,456
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

good on ya randy. good luck getting back on the horse and hopefully things go well for you in the future.
willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #191
limon
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: @limonpoker
Posts: 5,504
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

Bump for thread epicness.
limon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #192
SootedPowa
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,949
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

Nice bump, hope Randy's doing well out there somewhere.
SootedPowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #193
rtd353
veteran
 
rtd353's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,407
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUMike1999 View Post
Is it just me or am I the only one SHOCKED about what Randy alleges Freddy Deeb did to him???

I agree with the previous poster, it should be addressed - in fact at this point there are probably other "big name" pros that participated in this crap. I swear, everytime I think all the negative stuff is going away there is another allegation of more cheating, colluding, etc... Russ Hamilton is the pariah but there's probably a dozen others laughing themselves to sleep each night because they never got caught themselves.

WILL THIS **** EVER END???
Never, poker seems to attract a lot of scumbags.
rtd353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #194
RikaKazak
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Waiting for Global Poker cash outs
Posts: 9,512
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUMike1999 View Post
Is it just me or am I the only one SHOCKED about what Randy alleges Freddy Deeb did to him???

I agree with the previous poster, it should be addressed - in fact at this point there are probably other "big name" pros that participated in this crap. I swear, everytime I think all the negative stuff is going away there is another allegation of more cheating, colluding, etc... Russ Hamilton is the pariah but there's probably a dozen others laughing themselves to sleep each night because they never got caught themselves.

WILL THIS **** EVER END???
ZOMG...reading this and then knowing who you are now....WOW!
RikaKazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #195
limon
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: @limonpoker
Posts: 5,504
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikaKazak View Post
ZOMG...reading this and then knowing who you are now....WOW!
"ZOMG" correctly used ITT.
limon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #196
stevesetsfire
banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 119
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

inb4
stevesetsfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #197
Kingandtheduck
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,050
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

need an update Randy, assuming the worst
Kingandtheduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #198
JaFFsTer
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 490
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateannieduke View Post
Why would you make a promise like that if you were going to put 300k on the table?
Pick yourself up by your boot straps and quit playing the damn victim role. You screwed the pooch on your marriage, had some serious driving issues, and now noone will stake you.
If you are going to climb out of this, you will need to accept those things and quit making all these damn excuses.
ITT: busto fish criticizing millionaires on their money management. 3 handed online with deeb and russ would have been any grinders dream if the game was legit.
JaFFsTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:51 AM   #199
sketchy1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
sketchy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: kansas city, mo
Posts: 8,274
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

rarely do i say epic bump but, epic bump.
sketchy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:34 AM   #200
AAlimper
journeyman
 
AAlimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oslo
Posts: 350
Re: what the heck happened to Randy "The Dreamcrusher" Jensen??

"Stay away from my pot!"
AAlimper is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online