Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #801
mack's
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 65
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Pretty sure that anyone who wins above nl 2 cents knows all of this + all the regs trying to beat those guys online are already getting HH's from rivals that have played them and studying them.(you wouldn't have to post this if the high post nl 2 cent pros weren't trying to up their account's reputation for possible future scam coaching)

Playing a bot that's completely different from any human player will not give away anything from their game but they could learn a few new things on how to approach their own game.

Whole thread has turned from nl 2 cents player calling the bot ****ty to nl 2 cents player being worried about doug losing money to twitch viewers.
mack's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:08 PM   #802
e i pi
veteran
 
e i pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ☃
Posts: 2,230
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchOfEVil View Post
the minbet strategy is as someone else said before probably a attempt to make things tougher for the bot as it will have problems to disregard a bet as "virtually the same as a check" whilst a human brain got no problems with that.
Is the bot team adding heuristics to the bot as they go? Or are they required to stay within the realm of machine/algorithmic learning for the sake of their academic research? Or is this just the best possible bot the AI team could make? If the latter, they could easily make adjustments when they realize the humans are exploiting the bot.

On day 2 the professor was joking that his grad student minions were in the lab all night making the bot better. I'm not sure if he was serious or if its just variance but on day 1 the bot was playing goofy, making 10x raises, bet bet shoving in single raised pots etc. I haven't seen any of that on the streams since.
e i pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:09 PM   #803
tultfill
veteran
 
tultfill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: internet
Posts: 2,928
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Whole thread has turned from nl 2 cents player calling the bot ****ty to nl 2 cents player being worried about doug losing money to twitch viewers.
I'm trying to figure out how good this bot really is like most other people partaking in the discussion and watching the streams. I draw conclusions from what I see, what the players are saying, general consensus and then I'm forming my opinion. I'm venting those opinions and bringing them up, seeing what kind of feedback I get. Seeing if I'm wrong or not. Seeing if anyone has anything interesting to say I should consider.

You just come in with some dummy account and display a weird fetish for going through posting history, make up some stuff and jump to conclusions. Then you think I should shut up because you say so. You don't care about reasoning or discussing, you just want me to shut up because.... you attack my character?

Enough with the derailing. You have nothing I want. You're on ignore.
tultfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:16 PM   #804
hoopaloopa
old hand
 
hoopaloopa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Learning to fly
Posts: 1,276
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

I have been watching the action everyday, and it seems every time I check Jason Les' channel, he is in the red vs Claudico.
hoopaloopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:46 PM   #805
feedmykids2
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,527
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaloopa View Post
I have been watching the action everyday, and it seems every time I check Jason Les' channel, he is in the red vs Claudico.
cool story bro
feedmykids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:50 PM   #806
frenchfish
old hand
 
frenchfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monaco
Posts: 1,369
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Have the teams been switched? i m wathcing trought multitwitch and dont see the same board for Dong and Bjorn for the same hand number.
frenchfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:13 PM   #807
bane_rakes_u
newbie
 
bane_rakes_u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 18
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

that interaction between doug and that older bystander was hilarious..

"you play craps ? What you dont know craps ?"
"Its definitely a mental game"

bane_rakes_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #808
Kirbynator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kirbynator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 52,005
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

AHAHHAHAHA

doug folded 44 on 7h2h 5d 4d Qd betting 2100 pot on river and getting raised to 14700

he tanked for like 5 minutes before folding

we turn up to jason's stream and the bot had J3o with no diamond LMAO

#BOSS
Kirbynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:45 PM   #809
csxZzz
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 10
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

How's the result so far?
csxZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:55 PM   #810
feedmykids2
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,527
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
AHAHHAHAHA

doug folded 44 on 7h2h 5d 4d Qd betting 2100 pot on river and getting raised to 14700

he tanked for like 5 minutes before folding

we turn up to jason's stream and the bot had J3o with no diamond LMAO

#BOSS
Drama alert: Doug wanted his friend to tell him what the bot had like 30 mins later (stream is on a 30 min delay). Noam (one of the guys running the studies) stepped in and said that Doug had to wait a few hours until the break to know what the bot had, as it gives him more info.

Doug seems to find this petty and is visibly upset, he turned off his mic to talk about it. Seems really pissed (for the first time).

I think this might tilt him more than knowing he got bluffed lol
feedmykids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #811
feedmykids2
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,527
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

On a somewhat related note they stopped letting the guys talk about hands during the hand, they have to wait till it's over or something. Doug said if that was a problem it should have been addressed on day 1, and it's not cool to implement a rule change that was not agreed upon midway through the match.
feedmykids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:06 PM   #812
Warder
adept
 
Warder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,110
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
AHAHHAHAHA

doug folded 44 on 7h2h 5d 4d Qd betting 2100 pot on river and getting raised to 14700

he tanked for like 5 minutes before folding

we turn up to jason's stream and the bot had J3o with no diamond LMAO

#BOSS
so odd that in every spot like this the bot never has a flush blocker
Warder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #813
watergun7
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,773
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Don't want to defend the bot but it's possible that it's fine (no idea the line in the hand). Doug might not have that many flushes, and the 3 could be blocking more of his calling range.

It does look tho that this program doesn't play these types of spots correctly...
watergun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:34 PM   #814
feedmykids2
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,527
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

looks like dong typed in the wrong number and is playing the wrong hands or something???

Not clear what happened but that sucks lol
feedmykids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #815
feedmykids2
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,527
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Yeah dong had to restart after finishing 450 out of 800 hands...ouch that sucks.
feedmykids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #816
TouchOfEVil
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,123
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Aside from the fact it is sweet to have a absolute nut blocker there is also another reason why humans tend to want to use those type of hands, frequencies. You don´t do to many kamikaze reraises/jams if you constrict your coldstoneballsdeep ai bluffs to the hands that actually blocks some of the potential callinghands like Adx type hands or 3x/6x ones in this particular scenario listed above.

Human players trying to have a bluffingfrequency without using blockers at all claudico style could very easily turn into a giant whale by being a massive spazz.
TouchOfEVil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:42 PM   #817
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,372
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedmykids2 View Post
Yeah dong had to restart after finishing 450 out of 800 hands...ouch that sucks.
Could you explain what happened?

Thanks much.

P.S. Is he literally replaying the same hands??
whosnext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:52 PM   #818
tultfill
veteran
 
tultfill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: internet
Posts: 2,928
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchOfEVil View Post
Aside from the fact it is sweet to have a absolute nut blocker there is also another reason why humans tend to want to use those type of hands, frequencies. You don´t do to many kamikaze reraises/jams if you constrict your coldstoneballsdeep ai bluffs to the hands that actually blocks some of the potential callinghands like Adx type hands or 3x/6x ones in this particular scenario listed above.

Human players trying to have a bluffingfrequency without using blockers at all claudico style could very easily turn into a giant whale by being a massive spazz.
Very good point, but as I've been writing earlier to this...it still decreases the frequency that the bot can bluff in this kinda spot. So it looks more like a massive whale spewing. I mean, what conclusions can we draw from that?
tultfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:53 PM   #819
feedmykids2
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,527
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext View Post
Could you explain what happened?

Thanks much.

P.S. Is he literally replaying the same hands??
My understanding based on watching the stream is they have to enter in some kind of seed number at the beginning of each session to get the right hands, dong even complained and joked that there is a 15 % chance someone will mess that up, most likely him.

So apparently he messed it up and was playing the wrong hands for today, the organizers didn't notice this till he had played several hours/450 hands. So he had to restart and play the hands he was supposed to play today...
feedmykids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:57 PM   #820
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,372
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedmykids2 View Post
My understanding based on watching the stream is they have to enter in some kind of seed number at the beginning of each session to get the right hands, dong even complained and joked that there is a 15 % chance someone will mess that up, most likely him.

So apparently he messed it up and was playing the wrong hands for today, the organizers didn't notice this till he had played several hours/450 hands. So he had to restart and play the hands he was supposed to play today...
Thank you.

i think people watching the mirrored twitch streams figured out that they weren't playing the same hands!

P.S. Why didn't they have some admin person enter the seed numbers??
whosnext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:57 PM   #821
feedmykids2
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,527
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Doug running sick good this session, you know what that means for Jason... lol.
feedmykids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:01 PM   #822
tultfill
veteran
 
tultfill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: internet
Posts: 2,928
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedmykids2 View Post
Doug running sick good this session, you know what that means for Jason... lol.
lol, poor cheet. He's taking it like a man though.
tultfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:12 PM   #823
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 8,206
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
On a somewhat related note they stopped letting the guys talk about hands during the hand, they have to wait till it's over or something. Doug said if that was a problem it should have been addressed on day 1, and it's not cool to implement a rule change that was not agreed upon midway through the match.
Quote:
Yeah dong had to restart after finishing 450 out of 800 hands...ouch that sucks.
That, 8 hours a day for 14 days, tanking on the river, crappy interface and they get paid fraction of what top professionals in other sports (for example chess) are paid for this kind of event.

I mean, seriously they should get a manager if there ever is another match like that because as it is now the guys behind the bot are using them for almost free promotion and make them play under terrible conditions. The least which should be established is some kind of time limit. I mean seriously, tanking on the river having this kind of hardware is nothing short of pathetic.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:21 PM   #824
feedmykids2
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,527
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by punter11235 View Post
That, 8 hours a day for 14 days, tanking on the river, crappy interface and they get paid fraction of what top professionals in other sports (for example chess) are paid for this kind of event.

I mean, seriously they should get a manager if there ever is another match like that because as it is now the guys behind the bot are using them for almost free promotion and make them play under terrible conditions. The least which should be established is some kind of time limit. I mean seriously, tanking on the river having this kind of hardware is nothing short of pathetic.
It's not even really 8 hours a day, a couple of days it was like 11 or 12 lol. Because of "technical difficulties" with the webcam, or with the computers freezing, and river tanking.

It is absolutely ridic and then when doug wanted to know the result of a hand where he folded a set and it was about to be on stream, they nit it up and say he can't. I don't blame him for going ballistic. What he's going to gain so much useful info from 1 hand on a probabilistic bot, that he will exploit it 3 hours sooner? LOL.

Before they were taking breaks after every 250 hands, but they can't do that, because the bot and the technical difficulties make it so slow.

It also takes a ton away from the stream viewers that they can't talk during the hands. Some of the stuff they were saying to each other was gold, esp when doug forgot to turn off mic lol.
feedmykids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:24 PM   #825
Joshua
journeyman
 
Joshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Monkey Tilt
Posts: 279
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedmykids2 View Post
Drama alert: Doug wanted his friend to tell him what the bot had like 30 mins later (stream is on a 30 min delay). Noam (one of the guys running the studies) stepped in and said that Doug had to wait a few hours until the break to know what the bot had, as it gives him more info.

Doug seems to find this petty and is visibly upset, he turned off his mic to talk about it. Seems really pissed (for the first time).

I think this might tilt him more than knowing he got bluffed lol
Maybe the organizers should remember that the players are starting to get fatigued and cut the players some slack? After all if the humans win I assume the organizers would want to set up a rematch sometime in the future (once the bot is improved upon).

They should be thankful that four great players agreed to do this. I know I am (since I enjoy watching the streams).

EDIT: Wow, I seem to type slowly. You guys are way ahead of me ;-)
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive