Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2015, 06:30 PM   #726
what is check
journeyman
 
what is check's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 372
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by restorativejustice View Post
It's a poor magician that blames his wand.

Jason is down when Doug is up and Jason is down when Doug is down.

Bjorn said he was going to play a low variance style that would then aggressively bet nuts to take advantage of bots "fearlessness." It is a style that seems to be working. Doug has used a Donk bet style that builds pots and it too seems to be working. Maybe the two best players using the two best styles are winning the most because they are the best and have adopted the best style.
lol what on earth are you talking about? not sure how you managed to reply with something so completely irrelevant but congrats.

what is check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #727
mack's
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 65
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Doug just rated claudico 9/10 related to All regs.

GG all the micro players that keep saying this bot sucks

im talking about you tultfill
mack's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:42 PM   #728
feedmykids2
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,527
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

WCG is really a hero. He is doing the Q&A, answering tons of questions, when they finished late today and have another 800 hands to go. You have to assume he wants to get started, and then the professor says ok he will just have his elite professor friend sit down and ask a bunch of questions (so this is a guy he can't blow off). And I think he has to do a podcast, as well as study the bot at night, as well as wake up early to play, over and over and over for weeks lol.

Nothing against the other guys but Doug is clearly the most sociable and has the biggest name so they are using him for all the PR stuff, must be hard.
feedmykids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #729
restorativejustice
veteran
 
restorativejustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,753
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by what is check View Post
lol what on earth are you talking about? not sure how you managed to reply with something so completely irrelevant but congrats.

I feel the same way about your post. It would have more honest if you simply said you were incapable of understanding it rather making an assessment about its relevance.


Edit: I see many of your posts are defenses of Jason's play. Sorry you got butt-hurt about pointing out that Jason's results may have comparatively as much to do with his ineffective style of play in this event as his cards.*

*He has made some very good calls, but many equally poor bluffs that don't seem to reflect the same insight, for example, as Bjorn is making about their opponent.

Last edited by restorativejustice; 04-28-2015 at 06:48 PM.
restorativejustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #730
Wasp
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 70
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by watergun7 View Post
Wasp... in all honesty do you really think these players haven't been considering what you just wrote?
Honestly? Don't know... I am sure they have to _know_ this, because gto like call on river is so basic, but based what I saw I am not sure they are using this principle. (their thinking process was way different when they commented verbally, and I saw hands where they folded hands what probably they should have called instead)

I get it, it is as simple as 2+2, and likely I missed some factor, and they are just exploiting the bot or they have a better concept to call on river, but if this is not the case this can help a little (to call more vs shove), and I would be happy then (just like as they had accepted my offering for making daily range analytics report against the bot)

no offense in this, I am really admire the Brains team, but I am coaching better players than I am and sometimes basic principles need to be reviewed.
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #731
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,369
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedmykids2 View Post
WCG is really a hero. He is doing the Q&A, answering tons of questions, when they finished late today and have another 800 hands to go. You have to assume he wants to get started, and then the professor says ok he will just have his elite professor friend sit down and ask a bunch of questions (so this is a guy he can't blow off). And I think he has to do a podcast, as well as study the bot at night, as well as wake up early to play, over and over and over for weeks lol.

Nothing against the other guys but Doug is clearly the most sociable and has the biggest name so they are using him for all the PR stuff, must be hard.
+1

Doug is handling this whole thing amazingly.
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #732
feedmykids2
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,527
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

bjorn: "to 2+2 poster wasp: your posts do tilt the **** out of me, so if you have something else to say, don't post."

Edit: he also added again, to 2+2 poster wasp, you need to shut the **** up. cheet notes he was tilting at lunch about this lol

Last edited by feedmykids2; 04-28-2015 at 07:15 PM.
feedmykids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:02 PM   #733
feedmykids2
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,527
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Meanwhile cheet just called all in on 3 K 6ss 4 T.

Action was raise, he called. He min led and called a small raise. check called turn, check called 5x pot all in or something lol.

Sorry forgot to add his hand. He had 65. He was good.
feedmykids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:24 PM   #734
Wasp
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 70
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedmykids2 View Post
bjorn: "to 2+2 poster wasp: your posts do tilt the **** out of me, so if you have something else to say, don't post."

Edit: he also added again, to 2+2 poster wasp, you need to shut the **** up. cheet notes he was tilting at lunch about this lol
okay, apologize, don't wanted this, quitting conversation, and wishing the best to the team.
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:27 PM   #735
Rei Ayanami
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rei Ayanami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11,695
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderloinig View Post
Any programmers know how difficult/possible this ability would be to add to a bot?
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/39...old-em-939088/
Rei Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:30 PM   #736
Masq
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,452
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

It would be interesting (if there was a way to quantify it) how much better the bot is presently compared to day 1 and the rate of improvement.
Masq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:55 PM   #737
sharkbaitOHH
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
sharkbaitOHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: woof
Posts: 7,156
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei Ayanami View Post
good ol Carlos
sharkbaitOHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:19 PM   #738
mcb08
grinder
 
mcb08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Not where u think I am
Posts: 434
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Can someone tell me which team members are playing the mirrored hands? I can't find it itt.
mcb08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:32 PM   #739
Ksys0
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 89
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

WCG - Jason
Dong - Bjorn
Ksys0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:57 PM   #740
Keruli
adept
 
Keruli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 703
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

maybe this is a dumb question, but why are some of the humans flatting 2.5x opens with stuff like Q2o given that the bot has a limping range? that's counter-intuitive to me. is the raising range actuzally weaker or at least not stronger than standard open ranges?
Keruli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:01 PM   #741
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,369
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruli View Post
maybe this is a dumb question, but why are some of the humans flatting 2.5x opens with stuff like Q2o given that the bot has a limping range? that's counter-intuitive to me. is the raising range actuzally weaker or at least not stronger than standard open ranges?
I think it's safe to assume that the bots limping and raising range is pretty well balanced. Just because it has a limping range doesn't mean that you can start folding "okay" hands to preflop opens.

Or rather: That it has a limping range doesn't necessarily mean that its raising range is much stronger than if it had not had a limping range.
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:11 PM   #742
CliffKirby
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AE6/societymax
Posts: 184
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Doug defends bot's 250 open with Q5hh, then donks 100 on KT6, one heart. Bot calls the mindonk, turn is Jh giving Doug the straight and flush draws. Doug bets pot, bot calls. River is a 9d for the straight. He checks, bot bets 2x pot, Doug calls and bot shows black nines for the rivered set.

Weird that A) bot called pot bet on the turn with three overcards on the board, and B) bot bet 2x pot apparently for value without holding a Q.

Doug turned off his mic to talk with big dick about it, so apparently he's not willing to give away 100% of his thinking.
CliffKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:16 PM   #743
mcb08
grinder
 
mcb08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Not where u think I am
Posts: 434
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksys0 View Post
WCG - Jason
Dong - Bjorn
Cheers
mcb08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:19 PM   #744
cykablyat
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 15
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

The bot just layed down on Jason Les's board second nut straight to a pure bluff on river. Shoved in 15k in 10k pot. Hand 209.

Pretty insane would think the bot snap calls that every day of the week and also think all the players think that.
cykablyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:21 PM   #745
Keruli
adept
 
Keruli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 703
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
I think it's safe to assume that the bots limping and raising range is pretty well balanced. Just because it has a limping range doesn't mean that you can start folding "okay" hands to preflop opens.

Or rather: That it has a limping range doesn't necessarily mean that its raising range is much stronger than if it had not had a limping range.
ok, thanks. but then what's the point of having a limping range?

maybe the raise range is (at least slightly) polarized, and the limping range relatively condensed? would that make sense?

also, does 100% minleading mean one should flat less pre? because you're effectively investing the call+1bb instead of just the call




anyway, this whole thing is really fun and interesting. railing with the multitwitch is awesome. (pro tip: when doug's mic goes robot/load, you can mute it and switch to dong's mic, which will be recording what doug says)

Last edited by Keruli; 04-28-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Keruli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:26 PM   #746
Kirbynator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kirbynator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 52,005
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykablyat View Post
The bot just layed down on Jason Les's board second nut straight to a pure bluff on river. Shoved in 15k in 10k pot. Hand 209.

Pretty insane would think the bot snap calls that every day of the week and also think all the players think that.
probably folds it like <10% and it was "lucky" that it ended up being the time he'd fold 2nd nut
Kirbynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:39 PM   #747
feedmykids2
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,527
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

dafuq, dong has J6 facing a river overbet on a J6432 board and says "I'm going to soul read it, it never has a straight here, it always value merges me, I think it has J4 or J2" and calls. Bot shows...J4.

SOULREADING THE BOT
feedmykids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:23 PM   #748
billburr
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 223
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

has there been any pre flop all ins? whats the weakest hand the bot showed up with during all the preflop all ins?
billburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:28 PM   #749
what is check
journeyman
 
what is check's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 372
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by restorativejustice View Post
I feel the same way about your post. It would have more honest if you simply said you were incapable of understanding it rather making an assessment about its relevance.


Edit: I see many of your posts are defenses of Jason's play. Sorry you got butt-hurt about pointing out that Jason's results may have comparatively as much to do with his ineffective style of play in this event as his cards.*

*He has made some very good calls, but many equally poor bluffs that don't seem to reflect the same insight, for example, as Bjorn is making about their opponent.

lol are you joking? nobody was talking about cheet or doug.

you quoted me saying, "flushie is up 270k while dong is down 70k and it's not clear who is getting the better run of cards? lolwut?" which was in response to someone saying it was unclear who was running better between flushie and dong (they just hadn't checked updated results and thought it was closer, it was just a simple mistake on their end.)

then you replied talking about how doug is a better player than cheet (as if anyone itt thought otherwise,) when my post was just letting someone know the difference between flushie and dong's results.

i'm sorry you have awful reading comprehension. please continue posting random irrelevant things that have nothing to do with discussion itt. thanks.
what is check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #750
RalphWaldoEmerson
Pooh-Bah
 
RalphWaldoEmerson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: san francisco
Posts: 5,700
Re: WCGRider, Dong Kim, Jason Les and Bjorn Li to play against a new HU bot

pretty interested hand just now, the bot v-bet river on 5d6dAd8c7d or something like that with 64o, doug called w/Q9o. (that board might be wrong but you get the idea)
RalphWaldoEmerson is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive