Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread*

07-10-2014 , 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timex
I'll accept 150-1 on Ivey winning the main if anyone is interested in that instead(only really looking to bet someone I know on this one since I doubt anyone wants to escrow 150x to win 1x)
at first i read this as you were offering 150/1. now i think you are looking for that price. 2 posts later you look like you are offering to lay at 50/1.somebody please clarify without berating me for being dumb.

thanks to above poster for explaining r.e his screenname.
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xalas
You''l need to ask him first if he still accepting action before transferring
but what he talking about is how his name is stylized on stars.

It's TÓmex not Timex
Notice the i is an Ó
Just a warning to people not to put these kind of marks in your stars username (if you don't already have a stars account) as you then have trouble logging in on a Kindle (Android) which doesn't have them on its touch screen keyboard. And even if you think you will never want to log in a mobile device you might be surprised later.
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 10:31 AM
Anyone looking for a side bet? What odds would I get on Ivey making final 100?
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchingAgain
Anyone looking for a side bet? What odds would I get on Ivey making final 100?
You would have to be giving them odds.
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xalas
You would have to be giving them odds.
That actually seems like a pretty even money bet right now
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchingAgain
Anyone looking for a side bet? What odds would I get on Ivey making final 100?
If you put up 120 to my 100 I'll say ivey doesn't make final 100
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 11:59 AM
If Ivey had won, instead of Riess...

View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackDan
I tried google imaging every main event winner in order to prove you wrong, but it turns out every main event winner is a hottie!
Wut?

Spoiler:
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 12:11 PM
Received $100 from this thread as well as 3k from a friend- open to up to $2900 more action
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 01:19 PM
hi timex

i have just sent 100 bucks to your account.

i would like to bet ivey makes the final table at odds of 9/1.

my stars name is gin***_*****

please confirm booked .

thx
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 01:32 PM
GO PHIL IVEY!
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaylor1988
If you put up 120 to my 100 I'll say ivey doesn't make final 100
Dude gtfo with these horrible bets. Quit trying to scam people.
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkid
Dude gtfo with these horrible bets. Quit trying to scam people.
think he is only scamming himself

Have you thought this through
He is the chip leader with 505,000 with 1,864 players remaining
693 of them will cash.
Avg chip stack ~107,000
Current Level: 10 with Blinds @ 600/1200 Ante: 200

Again out of the 55 cashes at the WSOP he's final tabled 31 of them and won 10
I think it's more likely than not he'll make that top 100 with a deep stack blind structure.

There is much less variance in deep stack tourneys esp with a skilled post-flop player with the chip lead.

Would you bet against Ivey making the top 100 at ~even money?
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 02:05 PM
I know that he plays to win and not just cash, but it seems like Phil can bet against himself and he would be pretty much free-rolling this event.

Is it possible that he can hedge and take a position where it would be impossible to lose money????

If so, How many of the 1400+ players left have this kind of angle to exploit - #BOSS
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 02:21 PM
Someone found Norman Chad upon hearing Ivey was in the lead.

Spoiler:
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 02:39 PM
I bet here that Ivey is not going to make Final Table :-)

When do u think he will bust?

https://www.betmoose.com/bet/how-far...he-wsop-me-540
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timex
A transfer(you must copy paste my SN as it is not Timex) is all thats necessary to book it but a PM would be helpful so I know who is who etc

ok i just saw this so thats me booked.

gooooooooo phillllllllllllllllllllll
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by integratyper777
If Ivey had won, instead of Riess...

Lol this is good..
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaylor1988
If you put up 120 to my 100 I'll say ivey doesn't make final 100
I'll do it at 1-1 odds.

$100-$100

Still a VERY long way to go. He still has to outlast 1700 people. One bad cooler or bad run and he can easily bust out fast.
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betgo
Slow roll or nit roll by Hernandez with the nut straight, pausing and making a speech about going home.

Ivey winning the ME would be phenomenal for poker, but a name player hasn't won 13 years with Mortensen, and big name since 17 years and Ungar.
Mortensen wasn't a 'name player' when he won it. Hardly anyone knew who he was. You think he was a 'name player' because when the boom happened he became one, but he wasn't when he won it.

Merson was much better known than Mortensen.
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svizac
It's still too early for prediction but I hope Ivey makes it.

I'd really like (and I'm probably not the only one) that one of the famous poker players make it to the final table of WSOP Main Event. Someone people know from TV poker like Ivey, Negreanu, Hellmuth, Esfandiari...
I believe that would start a second poker boom.

TBH I didn't care at all about November Nine since 2010 (when Duhamel won and Mizrachi was at FT). Sure 2011-2013 November Niners were good players but 99% of them were unknowns.
No they weren't. Collins and Lamb were well known in 2011. In 2012 Merson was well knowen as "gregy" as an online cash player, and Ausmus was known in the live scene in vegas. Last year Benefiedl, AmirSF and J.C Tran were all very well known. Not to mention Newhouse and Jay who used to be a 2+2 reg.
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xalas
think he is only scamming himself

Have you thought this through
He is the chip leader with 505,000 with 1,864 players remaining
693 of them will cash.
Avg chip stack ~107,000
Current Level: 10 with Blinds @ 600/1200 Ante: 200

Again out of the 55 cashes at the WSOP he's final tabled 31 of them and won 10
I think it's more likely than not he'll make that top 100 with a deep stack blind structure.

There is much less variance in deep stack tourneys esp with a skilled post-flop player with the chip lead.

Would you bet against Ivey making the top 100 at ~even money?

now, i'm too lazy to go through every main event of result of ivey but i suspect it would still be very impressive as he has something like 4 top 20 finishes since 2000ish... but how do you feel like your specific statistics is a good representation of how well he will do here? the majority of those cashes come in the non-holdem events with like 200 people where something like 2-3 tables cash, so quite obviously his FT:cash rate is going to be high, that doesn't automatically boost his chances to ft if cashing when he happens to be playing in one of the events where more than a couple of dozen players cash.
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDupaStar
I know that he plays to win and not just cash, but it seems like Phil can bet against himself and he would be pretty much free-rolling this event.

Is it possible that he can hedge and take a position where it would be impossible to lose money????

If so, How many of the 1400+ players left have this kind of angle to exploit - #BOSS
Of course he could hedge, but not for a big amount. Even if he bet against himself there is no way it would affect his play. As in he would never bust on purpose. Unless if the bet is big enough.
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridaren
now, i'm too lazy to go through every main event of result of ivey but i suspect it would still be very impressive as he has something like 4 top 20 finishes since 2000ish... but how do you feel like your specific statistics is a good representation of how well he will do here? the majority of those cashes come in the non-holdem events with like 200 people where something like 2-3 tables cash, so quite obviously his FT:cash rate is going to be high, that doesn't automatically boost his chances to ft if cashing when he happens to be playing in one of the events where more than a couple of dozen players cash.
It's good point about hold'em vs the mixed games but I still think he has an edge being a live / online pro for years and that the Main Event is not the strongest field of players, I look at tournaments like the PCA and WPT almost like a Sunday 500 or Super Tuesday where the wsop main event like a Sunday million there some very strong players with chips left like Isaac Baron, John Hennigan, Brian Townsend etc but still think he a favorite to make the top 100 and i would say about a 10-1 change to ft this tourney, we shall see.
of them all I like to see menlo take it down if not him then Ivey.

Last edited by xalas; 07-10-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: oh and Phil Galfond arrrrr
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote
07-10-2014 , 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaylor1988
If you put up 120 to my 100 I'll say ivey doesn't make final 100
Bro change your avatar it's creeping me out, no offence. (srs)
View - Phil Ivey will make a deep run in this Main Event *official sweat thread* Quote

      
m