Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2015, 11:58 PM   #376
TheReader23
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 139
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

This business of sitting down with the HOH and spilling the beans on people in your alliance is one reason why they can't win. Other alliances that were successful have been loyal and never ratted out their alliance -- Bragade for one and Hitmen for two -- successful alliance where one of them won and the other came in second. I could name a few more if I thought about it longer. Austin has been so disloyal from Day 1. His conversations with other houseguest always threw Vanessa under the table. He's such a rogue player and someone I would never want to align with.
TheReader23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:23 PM   #377
blackjacki2
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 796
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReader23 View Post
This business of sitting down with the HOH and spilling the beans on people in your alliance is one reason why they can't win. Other alliances that were successful have been loyal and never ratted out their alliance -- Bragade for one and Hitmen for two -- successful alliance where one of them won and the other came in second. I could name a few more if I thought about it longer. Austin has been so disloyal from Day 1. His conversations with other houseguest always threw Vanessa under the table. He's such a rogue player and someone I would never want to align with.
It's easy to be loyal to your alliance when you're never in jeopardy. Brigade and Hitmen were successful because they were able to control the noms every single week. Both of those alliances coasted through the game. 6th sense almost did that this season but the other side of the house actually has some balls compared to previous seasons.
blackjacki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:40 PM   #378
CyberShark93
veteran
 
CyberShark93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: strangling the golden goose
Posts: 3,325
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

I used to find Vanessa hot when I was like 16, did I mature and now have more refined taste in women? Or is it because she turned 30? Who can say
CyberShark93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:49 PM   #379
NeverLosesAtPoker
banned
 
NeverLosesAtPoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: On TwoPlusTwo
Posts: 4,448
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Other players in the house are playing so poorly that the seemingly inconceivable could actually happen this year which is that the three headed monster could make it to final 3. I'm not saying it will happen but the other players are practically giving them the game. Congrats to Austin/Liz/Julia because they are obviously doing a lot right to not be made targets. When Julia entered the game, the three headed monster became the biggest threat in the game, moreso than Clay/Shelli IMO. Once Clay was out of the game, that's when you strike the three-headed monster, not Shelli who is somewhat alone in the game. Now everyone is gunning for Vanessa but she is essentially alone and is nowhere near the threat of the three-headed monster given that those 3 are inseparable and will never turn on one another.

Liz/Austin/Julia are likely to keep Vanessa around as long as possible for the simple fact that the rest of the house will continue to gun for her rather than them.

As for Vanessa's game, I still think she has played a strong overall game but obviously is faltering now. It does not appear that she has either the emotional strength or the social skills to make it through an entire season of big brother. The way players are reacting to her now is more akin to what we expected when she first entered the house.
NeverLosesAtPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:26 PM   #380
Wildspoke
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 506
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverLosesAtPoker View Post
Other players in the house are playing so poorly that the seemingly inconceivable could actually happen this year which is that the three headed monster could make it to final 3. I'm not saying it will happen but the other players are practically giving them the game. Congrats to Austin/Liz/Julia because they are obviously doing a lot right to not be made targets. When Julia entered the game, the three headed monster became the biggest threat in the game, moreso than Clay/Shelli IMO. Once Clay was out of the game, that's when you strike the three-headed monster, not Shelli who is somewhat alone in the game. Now everyone is gunning for Vanessa but she is essentially alone and is nowhere near the threat of the three-headed monster given that those 3 are inseparable and will never turn on one another.

Liz/Austin/Julia are likely to keep Vanessa around as long as possible for the simple fact that the rest of the house will continue to gun for her rather than them.

As for Vanessa's game, I still think she has played a strong overall game but obviously is faltering now. It does not appear that she has either the emotional strength or the social skills to make it through an entire season of big brother. The way players are reacting to her now is more akin to what we expected when she first entered the house.
Really good analysis.

The other players need to knock of this Liz/Austin/Julia or it's game over.

Watching the live feed. It appears to me Vanessa can only play the game - her interpersonal skills aren't as sharp as her game play. I watch here interacting with Johnny Mac. She just wore him out. Reminded me of an ex-girlfriend.
Wildspoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:59 AM   #381
blackjacki2
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 796
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

The Austwins are not that good at comps. Liz has been the only one winning comps. Austin and Julia suck. Vanessa and Shelli have been the ones evicting everybody. It's not terrible to get them out of the way first.
blackjacki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:28 PM   #382
TheReader23
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 139
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjacki2 View Post
It's easy to be loyal to your alliance when you're never in jeopardy. Brigade and Hitmen were successful because they were able to control the noms every single week. Both of those alliances coasted through the game. 6th sense almost did that this season but the other side of the house actually has some balls compared to previous seasons.
Bragade actually didn't coast until the last four weeks. Five of them were on the block during the first seven weeks of that season. The thing that saved them is that the house pretty much voted together that season and they lucked out.
TheReader23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:41 AM   #383
BOHICA
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 366
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberShark93 View Post
I used to find Vanessa hot when I was like 16, did I mature and now have more refined taste in women? Or is it because she turned 30? Who can say
Is it just me or does she have a strange sense of style ? I also think she looks much better without makeup. (compliment)
BOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:51 AM   #384
Ace Acumen
banned
 
Ace Acumen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,491
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

I'd still hit it
Ace Acumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:25 PM   #385
iPLOwgirls
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Bay.
Posts: 157
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

This season overall has been pretty awful. I keep tuning in hoping to see Vanessa eliminated. Not sure what is worse, her constant use of poker terms to describe real life situations or her emotional fits whenever someone confronts her. She fits the stereotypical socially awkward, delusional, "poker player". If you want to call her a poker player. I have never been impressed playing with her.
iPLOwgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:23 PM   #386
e1cnr
old hand
 
e1cnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,882
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPLOwgirls View Post
This season overall has been pretty awful. I keep tuning in hoping to see Vanessa eliminated. Not sure what is worse, her constant use of poker terms to describe real life situations or her emotional fits whenever someone confronts her. She fits the stereotypical socially awkward, delusional, "poker player". If you want to call her a poker player. I have never been impressed playing with her.
I have never met her, so do not know if this is elaborate game play strategy or if she has mood swings that large. I have seen lying 'tells' on other players like when Austin heard Liz might be a twin swapping in and out. I am pretty sure when Steve was crying about putting up the nominations, he really did not care. They have been stuck in that house for 2 months now with no outside contact..
e1cnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #387
Bageled
grinder
 
Bageled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pechanga
Posts: 623
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

At the end of last nights show, Julie Chen said Zingbot and double eviction next week, along with bringing back in a player. I haven't heard them (players) talking about the d/e in the house yet? Are they unaware of the d/e?

Did I misinterpret what I heard from Julie?
Bageled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:16 PM   #388
Rich Checkmaker
banned
 
Rich Checkmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,442
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageled View Post
At the end of last nights show, Julie Chen said Zingbot and double eviction next week, along with bringing back in a player. I haven't heard them (players) talking about the d/e in the house yet? Are they unaware of the d/e?

Did I misinterpret what I heard from Julie?
They alread did a de so I doubt theyd do another one.

Please god let Vanessa Rousso get voted out. Her attitude, demeanor, and the way she treats the other players is horrendous. Very holier than thou. I love how Becky just refused to work with her, gameplay be damned. Good for her. And the hug between the two was very awkward last night. I think it's very telling that people genuinely dislike her in the house. She's in a good position to make it to the end but I don't think anyone will vote for her in the final if she happens to make it.

Anyone but Vanessa ftw!
Rich Checkmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:41 PM   #389
TheReader23
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 139
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

In outgoing interviews, even Becky said Vanessa was playing a good game and she would vote for her. Also, Becky said if she came back in she would work with her to get out the twins and Austin. So go figure.
TheReader23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:41 PM   #390
ChicagoJoey
Papi
 
ChicagoJoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I AM GTO
Posts: 15,420
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Just started watching the season last night, my first time ever watching the show. I can't figure out if I like it or hate it yet. Vanessa sure does use a lot of gambling/poker metaphors to describe things.

Much different than watching Survivor but I can see why it is so popular. What is the After Dark stuff all about? Is it what goes on at night or is it some type of hidden peep show?
ChicagoJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #391
TheReader23
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 139
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoJoey View Post
Just started watching the season last night, my first time ever watching the show. I can't figure out if I like it or hate it yet. Vanessa sure does use a lot of gambling/poker metaphors to describe things.

Much different than watching Survivor but I can see why it is so popular. What is the After Dark stuff all about? Is it what goes on at night or is it some type of hidden peep show?
After Dark is just being able to watch the people in the house for two or three hours straight LIVE.
TheReader23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:35 PM   #392
rtd353
Pooh-Bah
 
rtd353's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,897
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberShark93 View Post
I used to find Vanessa hot when I was like 16, did I mature and now have more refined taste in women? Or is it because she turned 30? Who can say
She looked hot because she was playing poker with fat bald men.when she's in the house with shelli, julia, liz, Becky, Meg she looks like a troll
rtd353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:53 PM   #393
NeverLosesAtPoker
banned
 
NeverLosesAtPoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: On TwoPlusTwo
Posts: 4,448
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Vanessa has 2 looks. Sometimes she looks amazing and other times she looks terrible. However, she is not defined by her looks. Vanessa is an amazing person and I wish her the best of luck. Go Vanessa!!!
NeverLosesAtPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:58 PM   #394
goodsaint
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,358
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReader23 View Post
After Dark is just being able to watch the people in the house for two or three hours straight LIVE.
Every night on Pop channel.
goodsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:02 AM   #395
DirkkDiggler
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 427
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverLosesAtPoker View Post
Vanessa has 2 looks. Sometimes she looks amazing and other times she looks terrible. However, she is not defined by her looks. Vanessa is an amazing person and I wish her the best of luck. Go Vanessa!!!
i tought vanessa had one look. that fackin beanie.
DirkkDiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:07 AM   #396
NeverLosesAtPoker
banned
 
NeverLosesAtPoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: On TwoPlusTwo
Posts: 4,448
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkkDiggler View Post
i tought vanessa had one look. that fackin beanie.
NeverLosesAtPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #397
TheReader23
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 139
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Vanessa back on top. She's such a fighter. If she makes it to the final 2, no one can beat her.
TheReader23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:20 PM   #398
Jigsaw
veteran
 
Jigsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: I'm waiting for you
Posts: 2,309
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkkDiggler View Post
i tought vanessa had one look. that fackin beanie.
One look? One look?

I don't think so!

Jigsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:14 PM   #399
INSANE DONK
journeyman
 
INSANE DONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 368
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

Vanessa has played a solid strategic game imo. She made alliances with the strongest competitors in the game early to keep her safe. Unfortunately her blow ups and emotional melt downs have made her a target. Every time I watch Big Brother I see her looking for sympathy from other house guests most of wich she has had blow ups with. She tends to single players out that dont agree with her views or heresay and push them in kind of in a interrogating manor, It's very unattractive. She appears to be not able to turn her strategic mind off when interacting others. Being a bit more humble and laid back would help her.

With cameras on you 24/7 there gonna catch every one looking at there best and worse although shelli maybe the exception maybe a natural beauty i dont watch pop or live feed so could be wrong. People calling her a horse face, dog, I dont agree with. She downgrades herself by wearing smurf blue hat, hammer pants and super mario sunglasses lol wtf.
INSANE DONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:35 PM   #400
mrwong
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: a few blocks east of ballys in a we
Posts: 675
Re: Vanessa Rousso is a houseguest in Big Brother 17

at the risk of seeming dumb i was simply wondering is there a V picture of her bum yet ,i mean many hours of filming washing, sleepy ,pools anyone provide a bum picture
mrwong is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive