Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #626
that_pope
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
that_pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: At Casino AZ Again
Posts: 31,860
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Didn't remember there were going to be yearly updates, so I just had the pleasure of reading the '08, '09, and '10 updates.

Thanks.
that_pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #627
maxxxxx5
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 45
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
It sure is, and I meant no disrespect in what I said. not at all. A part of me is deeply jealous I can't do the same thing.

That being, said, I must be honest and admit I am NOT strong willed enough and do not have enough control to go through that type of lifestyle. I need the semblance of stability in my life that work, and more importantly a paycheck, brings me. I'm not a person who intensely despises work. I dislike it, but I don't despise it, I can tolerate it pretty well. I also make pretty decent money for the little amount of work I do, so that also helps.

I've been broke a lot of times in my life, and I know I just can't handle it very well. I get depressed, annoyed and irritable. I can't have that constantly happen to me, I couldn't handle it.

The reason I bring up the topic at all is because there may be people who read into this like "Hey I can play poker and chill out when I want and not have to answer to someone and make 100k a year! YAY!". Who wouldnt' want that? Who wouldn't want to play a game and make enough to live on and just have fun? EVERYONE wants that.

I'm just trying to say that not everyone should expect to be as successful as the OP, and in all honesty if you have a decent job and work hard at your job as some people do at poker, they can easily afford to play in a 5-10 or 10-25 no limit game, and don't have to risk all that emotional turmoil to get there.
I agree with what you are saying. I offer absolutely no negative judgements towards Dynasty. Being an infrequent reader of 2+2 I am amazed that I seem to always catch the forum when Dynasty offers an update on his journey - starting 4 years ago (Christ I am getting old!)

My reflection on these amazing updates, in conjunction with the above comments, is that in the beginning there was much more "My Life and My Poker Life" association to Dynasty's journey whereas the latest years seem to focus soley on the poker - both game and life.

Not that I am complaining - great reads all. I just enjoyed the personal journey with the poker journey and how each effected the other as offered in the early years.

Anway - much success to you and I applaud your commitment both to your desired profession in life but more importantly to this yearly journal.
maxxxxx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #628
donkeyboy123
centurion
 
donkeyboy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 180
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

sick read Dynasty, thanks for sharing!
donkeyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #629
thatpfunk
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thatpfunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: thedailydunk.com
Posts: 8,552
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
Yeah, I'll give you cliffs.

Kid hates the corporate grind and gives up at least a relatively easy yet boring life working and moves to Vegas 9 years ago. He goes through a period he doesn't want to play much, under 10 hours a month for 3 months, starts playing bit more, has a few ups and downs, then has some financial difficulties. Then his dad dies. Then he plays and loses and he's in some trouble and then he's enters a tournament freeroll and wins 25k and a seat to the WSOP and he doesn't do much there. He pretty much plays a few different games, is easily bankrolled for 5/10 and maybe 10/20 no cap, can play 40/80 limit, etc.


In all honesty.. the entire time I'm reading this post I can't believe how many "You're my hero" replies there are. I mean, it's an epically long thread with an epic amount of replies and and epic amount of congratulations for something that wasn't all that epic.

Don't get me wrong. The guy moves to Vegas and does what he wants, seems like he has money and can do things like sit in his condo or whatever and read a book for 5 days straight and be cool with it. Great. It's the other things I'm interested in. How's his health? Working out? Social life? Family life? Psychological health? And, most important - an honest comparison between the life that has been lead over the last 9 years vs the life that most likely would have been lead had he stayed where he was at?

No hate here. I couldn't be happier for the OP as long as he himself is happy. He sounds like a mentally strong guy and a winner, I also deeply understand the story about his father, as it strangely reminds me of my own.

What concerns me is that some impressionable kids may read this post and throw away a solid future on something that even at this level of "success" isn't really all that spectacularly successful, from a financial standpoint. Even if he had 500k cash liquid, I would be hard pressed to not believe he could have more wealth if he would have just continued working, buying a house, investing, putting money into a 401k, etc.

Just being honest. Good luck though, OP, ballsy move.
what planet do you live on? the last 8 years havent been the best time to buy a house and invest in a 401k. and you think that this will produce more than 500k? this is just laughable nonsense.
thatpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #630
MacGuyV
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MacGuyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 22,298
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

I remember this thread when I first joined 2p2 because it was linked in one of the stickies in the micro limit forum. It's kinda crazy to me thinking about how much better and more aggressive the good limit players are now vs. then. Never made the switch to NL myself, but I know everyone says the same is true there, even more-so.

OP do you think your limit game has recently evolved or is still evolving? Or do you feel like you sorta reach a plateau in that game and were as good as you'll ever be a few years ago? And as a related question, what do you feel are the biggest differences between mid and high stakes LHE players?

It's cool that you played a role in the Venetian developing. There's a casino near me opening soon that's going to model their games after them with 8/16 and 15/30 and I can't wait.
MacGuyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #631
stewball
adept
 
stewball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oasis Motel
Posts: 828
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

i liked raymers post weeks before he won the ME and joetalls post foreshadowing the red sox world series win in 2004, epic thread
stewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #632
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatpfunk View Post
what planet do you live on? the last 8 years havent been the best time to buy a house and invest in a 401k. and you think that this will produce more than 500k? this is just laughable nonsense.
I'm not going to bother derailing this thread over an argument of numbers, and how much more he would of had if he'd have worked making an above average salary over the last 9 years, but I think you seriously undervalue what 9 years of an above average salary can bring you in terms of overall net worth.

lol.
wil318466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #633
thatpfunk
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thatpfunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: thedailydunk.com
Posts: 8,552
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

youre just wrong. http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/ret..._wealth_a1.asp

and theres a million other links. unless you are in the upper 10% of american income youre not worth 500k.
thatpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:21 AM   #634
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Ok, fair enough. Maybe not 500k. But let's say between 200k-300k is more than reasonable after 10 years?

Keep in mind:
"In March of 2000, I was working as an accountant at Investors Bank & Trust in Boston. I had been an employee there for four and half years."

Average salary of an accountant in Boston? I was going to guess 60-70k, which is pretty much spot on..

http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Accou...oston,-MA.html

And at this point he'd have 10+ years of experience, plus bonuses, benefits, maybe a cash balance plan, DENTAL, you know. Little things that add up to thousands and thousands of dollars a year. Not to mention peace of mind.

So, can you honestly say that you think he makes more now a year playing poker than he would be if he'd was working at about 10 years of experience as an accountant in Boston? And, lets say its close. In the last 10 years, do you think he'd have done better as a whole?

I think the only person who can truly answer these questions is the OP, with an honest breakdown of

1) what he made as an accountant 9 years ago and we can come up with a chart with approx figures of what he would have made in the next 9 years, not even counting any big promotions. Remember, we count this as an "all-in" number. Benefits COUNT.

2) what he made each year in the last 9 years playing poker. Remember, paying out money for doctors visits and stuff counts against it.

3) the difference between the two.

I would be willing to bet my estimate of multiple hundreds of thousands would really not be that far off. Maybe the number is as low as 200k, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was double that.

Think about it. I'm not pulling numbers out of thin air. I'm sure he had years he made very little money. Maybe he had a year where he made as little as 20k. Do you think he'd have made 20k working in year 7 of being an accountant? Far from it.
wil318466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:50 AM   #635
chitown1287
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 53
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
Ok, fair enough. Maybe not 500k. But let's say between 200k-300k is more than reasonable after 10 years?

Keep in mind:
"In March of 2000, I was working as an accountant at Investors Bank & Trust in Boston. I had been an employee there for four and half years."

Average salary of an accountant in Boston? I was going to guess 60-70k, which is pretty much spot on..

http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Accou...oston,-MA.html

And at this point he'd have 10+ years of experience, plus bonuses, benefits, maybe a cash balance plan, DENTAL, you know. Little things that add up to thousands and thousands of dollars a year. Not to mention peace of mind.

So, can you honestly say that you think he makes more now a year playing poker than he would be if he'd was working at about 10 years of experience as an accountant in Boston? And, lets say its close. In the last 10 years, do you think he'd have done better as a whole?

I think the only person who can truly answer these questions is the OP, with an honest breakdown of

1) what he made as an accountant 9 years ago and we can come up with a chart with approx figures of what he would have made in the next 9 years, not even counting any big promotions. Remember, we count this as an "all-in" number. Benefits COUNT.

2) what he made each year in the last 9 years playing poker. Remember, paying out money for doctors visits and stuff counts against it.

3) the difference between the two.

I would be willing to bet my estimate of multiple hundreds of thousands would really not be that far off. Maybe the number is as low as 200k, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was double that.

Think about it. I'm not pulling numbers out of thin air. I'm sure he had years he made very little money. Maybe he had a year where he made as little as 20k. Do you think he'd have made 20k working in year 7 of being an accountant? Far from it.
As an accountant, with 10 years of an experience, he would easily be making six figures with the added benefits. Whether or not he would be enjoying himself is another story. Financially, it's safe to assume he would have been way better off keeping the job. Not just for the present, but for the future. Accountants have great job security even in this economy.
chitown1287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:00 AM   #636
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Exactly. I was using lowball figures, too. I was going to say he should be at 100k but I didn't want to get in that argument either.
wil318466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #637
HitKing4192
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 150
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

There's MUCH more to life than trying to maximize your net worth. Certainly one could argue that at some point the potential return is worth being miserable in the interim (spending a couple yars to launch a business you think will earn you tens/hunders of millions is my threshhold but to each his own) but to suggest someone made a mistake by walking away from a $70k/yr job (or $170 or $270) suggests the person suggesting that 1) has never been in said position himself and 2) is still wrestling with an unhealthy relationship with the function of money in his/her life. Certainly everyone is in a different place in life so I'm not suggesting that anyone who stays in a secure job is a coward, just saying it's certainly not the only option that can make sense.

Walking away from a safe, secure job that you don't really care about to do something that you love can be an amazingly rewarding feeling and give you a sense of confidence, purpose and command of your life that no dental plan can match.


Keep rocking what you love, Dynasty (and keep sharing it with us in such a well written, open fashion, eh!)

Last edited by HitKing4192; 08-13-2010 at 08:37 AM.
HitKing4192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #638
S.K
Toffees >> Jellybeans
 
S.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,202
Re: Six Years in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Cold weather sucks. Places with cold weather suck. Hence, Boston and Chicago suck HARD.
I went to Chicago one time in early March to purchase a vehicle. The high was 23 degrees that day, but omg it was sunny. I made a comment about how horrible the weather was, and the salesman looked at me like I was crazy. "What are you talking about, it's sunny outside and 23!"

Any place where the citizens get a hard on over 23 degrees in early MARCH can suck it. Driving home even made me more pissed off because my new balla car was getting salt all over it from the crappy roads due to snow.

Gimme warm weather where the broads aren't pale bayyybe.
23 is tops of weather. sweltering
S.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #639
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitKing4192 View Post
There's MUCH more to life than trying to maximize your net worth. Certainly one could argue that at some point the potential return is worth being miserable in the interim (spending a couple yars to launch a business you think will earn you tens/hunders of millions is my threshhold but to each his own) but to suggest someone made a mistake by walking away from a $70k/yr job (or $170 or $270) suggests the person suggesting that 1) has never been in said position himself and 2) is still wrestling with an unhealthy relationship with the function of money in his/her life. Certainly everyone is in a different place in life so I'm not suggesting that anyone who stays in a secure job is a coward, just saying it's certainly not the only option that can make sense.

Walking away from a safe, secure job that you don't really care about to do something that you love can be an amazingly rewarding feeling and give you a sense of confidence, purpose and command of your life that no dental plan can match.


Keep rocking what you love, Dynasty (and keep sharing it with us in such a well written, open fashion, eh!)
I never suggested he made a mistake, I'm simply saying it's not a lifestyle for everyone. If anything I complimented the guy and told him I'm a bit envious.

Don't knock a good dental plan until you don't have one, though.
wil318466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #640
UGA_Dawg_2003
grinder
 
UGA_Dawg_2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 647
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Sucks that we have to wait another year for an update!!!
UGA_Dawg_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #641
MrMore
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 781
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
I never suggested he made a mistake, I'm simply saying it's not a lifestyle for everyone. If anything I complimented the guy and told him I'm a bit envious.

Don't knock a good dental plan until you don't have one, though.
Why do people like you bother getting out of bed in the morning? Your whole goal in life is to not HAVE any life IN your life.

Oh, no, life is coming. Run!

But enjoy that dying-moment look back when you tell yourself, "Hey, I had dental! I didn't have ups, I didn't have downs, I didn't have adventures, I didn't take chances, I didn't have freedom, I avoided all that because I wanted ... dental!"

I've had 4 root canals in the last 5 years. Avg cost I guess about $1600 each. Know what? It's just another thing to buy. I buy it with money; you buy it with the humiliations that come from being a cubicle *****. And if you don't recognize the humiliations? That's worse than anything.
MrMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #642
fireflytea
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: wireless netbook/van by the river
Posts: 248
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMore View Post
Why do people like you bother getting out of bed in the morning? Your whole goal in life is to not HAVE any life IN your life.

Oh, no, life is coming. Run!

But enjoy that dying-moment look back when you tell yourself, "Hey, I had dental! I didn't have ups, I didn't have downs, I didn't have adventures, I didn't take chances, I didn't have freedom, I avoided all that because I wanted ... dental!"

I've had 4 root canals in the last 5 years. Avg cost I guess about $1600 each. Know what? It's just another thing to buy. I buy it with money; you buy it with the humiliations that come from being a cubicle *****. And if you don't recognize the humiliations? That's worse than anything.
i hear what your saying ...going out and living on your own terms...freedom etc....but you also gotta realize that many people have a family with children and maybe other dependents.....they CAN'T have that year where they only make 20k....they NEED that dental and medical...btw consider yourself lucky the most expensive "medical" type procedure you've needed was an "affordable" 1600 dollar root canal....how much do you think Phil Laaks' little medical episode is gonna cost him? god forbid you ever find yourself in that situation....what then? do what Mizrachi did in the 2010 wsop and win a few million....gl bro....
fireflytea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #643
bicyclekick
luckbox
 
bicyclekick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: waiting to ski
Posts: 7,071
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMore View Post
I've had 4 root canals in the last 5 years. Avg cost I guess about $1600 each. Know what? It's just another thing to buy. I buy it with money; you buy it with the humiliations that come from being a cubicle *****. And if you don't recognize the humiliations? That's worse than anything.
Awesome line.
bicyclekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #644
MauiPunter
veteran
 
MauiPunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Posts: 2,232
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas



Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
I've had 4 root canals in the last 5 years. Avg cost I guess about $1600 each. Know what? It's just another thing to buy. I buy it with money; you buy it with the humiliations that come from being a cubicle *****. And if you don't recognize the humiliations? That's worse than anything.
MauiPunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #645
magent
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 30 hands per ****ing hourrrrrrrrrrr
Posts: 1,878
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMore View Post
Why do people like you bother getting out of bed in the morning? Your whole goal in life is to not HAVE any life IN your life.

Oh, no, life is coming. Run!

But enjoy that dying-moment look back when you tell yourself, "Hey, I had dental! I didn't have ups, I didn't have downs, I didn't have adventures, I didn't take chances, I didn't have freedom, I avoided all that because I wanted ... dental!"

I've had 4 root canals in the last 5 years. Avg cost I guess about $1600 each. Know what? It's just another thing to buy. I buy it with money; you buy it with the humiliations that come from being a cubicle *****. And if you don't recognize the humiliations? That's worse than anything.
Wait. Did you not think you can play professional poker and have great medical/dental insurance?

Also, brush your teeth, man.
magent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #646
Ultim8Degen
banned
 
Ultim8Degen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Capucine FTW
Posts: 1,967
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
Yeah, I'll give you cliffs.

Kid hates the corporate grind and gives up at least a relatively easy yet boring life working and moves to Vegas 9 years ago. He goes through a period he doesn't want to play much, under 10 hours a month for 3 months, starts playing bit more, has a few ups and downs, then has some financial difficulties. Then his dad dies. Then he plays and loses and he's in some trouble and then he's enters a tournament freeroll and wins 25k and a seat to the WSOP and he doesn't do much there. He pretty much plays a few different games, is easily bankrolled for 5/10 and maybe 10/20 no cap, can play 40/80 limit, etc.


In all honesty.. the entire time I'm reading this post I can't believe how many "You're my hero" replies there are. I mean, it's an epically long thread with an epic amount of replies and and epic amount of congratulations for something that wasn't all that epic.

Don't get me wrong. The guy moves to Vegas and does what he wants, seems like he has money and can do things like sit in his condo or whatever and read a book for 5 days straight and be cool with it. Great. It's the other things I'm interested in. How's his health? Working out? Social life? Family life? Psychological health? And, most important - an honest comparison between the life that has been lead over the last 9 years vs the life that most likely would have been lead had he stayed where he was at?

No hate here. I couldn't be happier for the OP as long as he himself is happy. He sounds like a mentally strong guy and a winner, I also deeply understand the story about his father, as it strangely reminds me of my own.

What concerns me is that some impressionable kids may read this post and throw away a solid future on something that even at this level of "success" isn't really all that spectacularly successful, from a financial standpoint. Even if he had 500k cash liquid, I would be hard pressed to not believe he could have more wealth if he would have just continued working, buying a house, investing, putting money into a 401k, etc.

Just being honest. Good luck though, OP, ballsy move.
very good assessment.
Ultim8Degen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #647
Lovesantiques
A Classic
 
Lovesantiques's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Castle, Delaware
Posts: 3,879
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMore View Post
Why do people like you bother getting out of bed in the morning? Your whole goal in life is to not HAVE any life IN your life.

Oh, no, life is coming. Run!

But enjoy that dying-moment look back when you tell yourself, "Hey, I had dental! I didn't have ups, I didn't have downs, I didn't have adventures, I didn't take chances, I didn't have freedom, I avoided all that because I wanted ... dental!"

I've had 4 root canals in the last 5 years. Avg cost I guess about $1600 each. Know what? It's just another thing to buy. I buy it with money; you buy it with the humiliations that come from being a cubicle *****. And if you don't recognize the humiliations? That's worse than anything.
Also, I've learned the hard way that there is nothing worse in life than having to look back and say "if only I had....." No matter what it was that one wishes they had tried, and didn't - it hurts to realize that an opportunity, even if only an opportunity to fail at something, wasn't taken. For whatever reason.

Sometimes, responsibilities keep us from taking those opportunities. Such is life. Other times though, it is fear. Fear of failure. Even sometimes fear of success.

Me? Like I said, I probably will never be rich from playing poker. But I expect to keep the bills paid - and I won't have to look back and say "what if" as I know darn well I'ld be doing (with great regret) if I'ld stayed on as a paralegal or some other such job.

To me, that's worth more than all the money in the world.

YMMV.

Lee
Lovesantiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:32 AM   #648
PaulDLane
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 422
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
Ok, fair enough. Maybe not 500k. But let's say between 200k-300k is more than reasonable after 10 years?

Keep in mind:
"In March of 2000, I was working as an accountant at Investors Bank & Trust in Boston. I had been an employee there for four and half years."

Average salary of an accountant in Boston? I was going to guess 60-70k, which is pretty much spot on..

http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Accou...oston,-MA.html

And at this point he'd have 10+ years of experience, plus bonuses, benefits, maybe a cash balance plan, DENTAL, you know. Little things that add up to thousands and thousands of dollars a year. Not to mention peace of mind.

So, can you honestly say that you think he makes more now a year playing poker than he would be if he'd was working at about 10 years of experience as an accountant in Boston? And, lets say its close. In the last 10 years, do you think he'd have done better as a whole?

I think the only person who can truly answer these questions is the OP, with an honest breakdown of

1) what he made as an accountant 9 years ago and we can come up with a chart with approx figures of what he would have made in the next 9 years, not even counting any big promotions. Remember, we count this as an "all-in" number. Benefits COUNT.

2) what he made each year in the last 9 years playing poker. Remember, paying out money for doctors visits and stuff counts against it.

3) the difference between the two.

I would be willing to bet my estimate of multiple hundreds of thousands would really not be that far off. Maybe the number is as low as 200k, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was double that.

Think about it. I'm not pulling numbers out of thin air. I'm sure he had years he made very little money. Maybe he had a year where he made as little as 20k. Do you think he'd have made 20k working in year 7 of being an accountant? Far from it.
Who cares he chose not to lead this life! All of this means nothing.
PaulDLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #649
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

Dental was a joke, fellas.
wil318466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #650
Deano85
self-banned
 
Deano85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 151
Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

tl;dr
Deano85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive