Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #51
peterpjames
Pooh-Bah
 
peterpjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,806
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

yeah this is pretty dumb/bad
peterpjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #52
Justin_Bobby
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 562
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Maybe he got hacked and didn't think it was safe?

Anyone have cliffs on how this story broke? Did LA leak it out of spite?
Justin_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #53
iMsoLucky0
Pooh-Bah
 
iMsoLucky0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: gimme the 3
Posts: 3,597
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikadell View Post
it doesnt matter if he didnt have the intent on cheating. as NoahSD said in the hsnl thread its the same as stealing a 50k brick and claiming its cool because you only wanted it as a paperweight, you didnt steal it for the money.

by MA'ing you are auto cheating and automatically gain a large edge you shouldnt have, even if that wasnt your original intention

my $200 vs your $400? i say he gets 6 months+, at least some funds confiscated on either stars or ftp, assuming the MA'ing accusations turn out to be correct ldo
What edge did he gain exactly? From his response, and ptr seems to confirm, he played exclusively on the 40putts account for HSNL games and only used the stoxtrader account to make (smaller stakes?) videos. I'm not saying what he did was right, I just fail to see the edge he gained. Unless I am mistaken, it's not like he played a ton of hands with these players then switched sns in the middle of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikadell View Post
his whole post makes me pissy. like he has some inherent right to break the rules when anyone else who did so gets insta-banned for life
Is there a documented case of someone getting banned for life for playing under a different screenname?
iMsoLucky0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #54
ike
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,635
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMsoLucky0 View Post
What edge did he gain exactly? From his response, and ptr seems to confirm, he played exclusively on the 40putts account for HSNL games and only used the stoxtrader account to make (smaller stakes?) videos. I'm not saying what he did was right, I just fail to see the edge he gained. Unless I am mistaken, it's not like he played a ton of hands with these players then switched sns in the middle of it?
He played a lot of hands as 40putts on FTP and knockstiff on stars. Then he switched to bui1tf0rdtuff on ftp and gr3atvi3wbr0 on stars. He plays poorly in predictable ways and because he switched screen names the other 25/50 regulars, myself included, were unable to take advantage of the leaks we know he has. Meanwhile, he was able to take full advantage of his knowledge of our play. This amounts to a significant, illicitly gained edge. He stole from me and the rest of the HSNL player pool.
ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #55
Nick Rivers
Pooh-Bah
 
Nick Rivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Clan In The Front
Posts: 4,726
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
He played a lot of hands as 40putts on FTP and knockstiff on stars. Then he switched to bui1tf0rdtuff on ftp and gr3atvi3wbr0 on stars. He plays poorly in predictable ways and because he switched screen names the other 25/50 regulars, myself included, were unable to take advantage of the leaks we know he has. Meanwhile, he was able to take full advantage of his knowledge of our play. This amounts to a significant, illicitly gained edge. He stole from me and the rest of the HSNL player pool.
Do you suppose it is more effective to express your dismay here, or to write to FTP and insist that they do something about it? Or do you suppose it doesn't matter either way and/or doing both is best? I'm just curious as to the opinion of a a HSNL regular and 2+2 mod on the matter.
Nick Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #56
ike
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,635
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rivers View Post
Do you suppose it is more effective to express your dismay here, or to write to FTP and insist that they do something about it? Or do you suppose it doesn't matter either way and/or doing both is best? I'm just curious as to the opinion of a a HSNL regular and 2+2 mod on the matter.
Making sure the tens of thousands of potential stoxpoker customers who read NVG know whats up probably hurts him the most. Writing to FTP would probably be good too, though FTP has shown they don't really care much about this sort of stuff, especially when they have a relationship with the wrongdoer. He also multiaccounted on stars, writing to them is probably more likely to produce a response. If anyone wants to post a form letter that people can send to stars and ftp asking them to look into this situation, that would probably get a lot more people to contact them.
ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #57
AlwaysWrong
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: cold callers anonymous
Posts: 475
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikadell View Post
since NoahSD want in on the bet im assuming its a bad bet, so i stick my tail between my legs and walk away from it.

unless this is scummy of me, in which case i will assume im locked in
No, of course not locked in.
AlwaysWrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #58
Nick Rivers
Pooh-Bah
 
Nick Rivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Clan In The Front
Posts: 4,726
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Making sure the tens of thousands of potential stoxpoker customers who read NVG know whats up probably hurts him the most. Writing to FTP would probably be good too, though FTP has shown they don't really care much about this sort of stuff, especially when they have a relationship with the wrongdoer. He also multiaccounted on stars, writing to them is probably more likely to produce a response.
Good call on the Stars thing. Perhaps reporting the incident(s) to both sites is the move. If it actually matters at only one out of two sites, that's better than nothing. As for potential stoxpoker customers... does anyone still consider them a worthwhile training site? They fell off a long time ago, and have definitely been eclipsed by every other training site out there.
Nick Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #59
kikadell
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kikadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,920
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMsoLucky0 View Post


Is there a documented case of someone getting banned for life for playing under a different screenname?
is there a documented case of a well known player (so he obviously knows the rules) who has had this many accounts over this long a time? and not only that, who has admitted openly to multi accounting?

i honestly dont know where stox gets his balls
kikadell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #60
john voight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
john voight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,540
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMsoLucky0 View Post

Is there a documented case of someone getting banned for life for playing under a different screenname?
no, that guys is just talking out of his ass.

multi accounting is an unfair advantage. there is a diff btwn:
playing 2/4 for one hand, realizing you should get RB, then getting a new account
playing HSNL for many months, saying **** this **** evry1 is multi accounting, so will I (and getting a new account).
john voight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #61
BoterSmoter
veteran
 
BoterSmoter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,095
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikadell View Post
is there a documented case of a well known player (so he obviously knows the rules) who has had this many accounts over this long a time? and not only that, who has admitted openly to multi accounting?
Patrik Antonius.
BoterSmoter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #62
iMsoLucky0
Pooh-Bah
 
iMsoLucky0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: gimme the 3
Posts: 3,597
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Ahh, somehow I missed the part of him changing from the 40putts account. Thx ike. That makes it much different.
iMsoLucky0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #63
john voight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
john voight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,540
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoterSmoter View Post
Patrik Antonius.
DB
Guy
Many CR coaches
john voight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #64
blocka
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Downtown
Posts: 2,472
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by john voight View Post
no, that guys is just talking out of his ass.

multi accounting is an unfair advantage. there is a diff btwn:
playing 2/4 for one hand, realizing you should get RB, then getting a new account
playing HSNL for many months, saying **** this **** evry1 is multi accounting, so will I (and getting a new account).
Yet there are still plenty of people who don't even create a second account even though they dont get rakeback, ie me, who have been a stoxpoker customer, ie me, who feel cheated by this, both by stoxpoker and probably by Fulltilt in the future who basically say fu to me everytime i ask for rakeback, but given their track record will probably slap him on the wrist. Hopefully stars will do the right thing.
blocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #65
ChuckNorreez
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Laugh Factory, Improv, Los Angeles
Posts: 442
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

I believe its on Pokerstars and Fulltilt's interest to lifeban this dude since he admitted his multiaccounting, even if he is not using them simultaneously, rule is multiaccounting is cheating, ban him forever.
ChuckNorreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #66
Todd Terry
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 16,304
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

It would be more effective for ike to post his thoughts regarding this matter on the wall of a bathroom stall in Istanbul than to email FTP about it.
Todd Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #67
glenrice1
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 578
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikadell View Post
is there a documented case of a well known player (so he obviously knows the rules) who has had this many accounts over this long a time? and not only that, who has admitted openly to multi accounting?

i honestly dont know where stox gets his balls
David benyamine- on about his 10th account on FT
Patrik Anonius had a few on Full Tilt
Sauce123
Flawless Victory
LarsLuzak
Stevesbets
I think Eli Elezra said he had a few accounts once
Ozzy87
A lot of the early cardrunners videos
glenrice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #68
JoeSchmo
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,069
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMsoLucky0 View Post
Ahh, somehow I missed the part of him changing from the 40putts account. Thx ike. That makes it much different.
No it's still ok. It was safer for Stox to make this screenname change and he had personal reasons to do so.

Seriously wtf Stox? The only thing I think of is his getting his account hacked, but I would think resetting your email/pw/security token would be the answer, not changing screenname that you know you're changing, but none of your opponents know.
JoeSchmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #69
zachvac
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
zachvac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,726
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikadell View Post
his whole post makes me pissy. like he has some inherent right to break the rules when anyone else who did so gets insta-banned for life
This is false. Obviously it's slightly unethical but I don't see the MAing as the huge problem, the biggest problem is if there was collusion involved and it seems a few hsnl regs have said they have evidence that one or more of his accounts had colluded. Has anyone shown proof of this?

edit: I know plenty of people who have made new accounts mostly for rakeback reasons and FTP just writes them an email like "yeah please don't do it again we've transferred your money over though so keep playing just on the one account". This is a bit more high-profile but even BT only got red pro status revoked for a bit. Basically MAing = slightly unethical but not that uncommon. Collusion = super cheating and banworthy at any casino or poker site I've ever known.
zachvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #70
john voight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
john voight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,540
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocka View Post
Yet there are still plenty of people who don't even create a second account even though they dont get rakeback, ie me, who have been a stoxpoker customer, ie me, who feel cheated by this, both by stoxpoker and probably by Fulltilt in the future who basically say fu to me everytime i ask for rakeback, but given their track record will probably slap him on the wrist. Hopefully stars will do the right thing.
yeah same. i dont even wanna think about the RB i should have over my ~4 years @ FTP.

I'm just saying, multi accounting: it can be bad, and it can be acceptable. So, more details need to come out before he can be called an imbecile and shady *******.
john voight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #71
fafri
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: i c
Posts: 663
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Terry View Post
It would be more effective for ike to post his thoughts regarding this matter on the wall of a bathroom stall in Istanbul than to email FTP about it.
Lol
fafri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #72
john voight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
john voight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,540
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachvac View Post
This is false. Obviously it's slightly unethical but I don't see the MAing as the huge problem, the biggest problem is if there was collusion involved and it seems a few hsnl regs have said they have evidence that one or more of his accounts had colluded. Has anyone shown proof of this?
my feeling is: MAing is accepted at HSNL, and people dont care that much.

Today, HSNL players are very cautious and skeptical. and if they feel they got jipped b/c someone played them under a new SN HU, they feel they should have known.

Also, i have heard many times in HS videos on training sites ppl say stuff like "I think he plays under the name _______ also", etc... or, "this new guy, I haven't figured out who he is yet" (implying that it is a known internet player)

The offense is not as serious as others imo. Like if somone kept grimmimng from the SB in HU, that would be 10x bigger issue than some dude playing under a diff name for me.
john voight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #73
Admo
veteran
 
Admo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,756
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by john voight View Post
my feeling is: MAing is accepted at HSNL, and people dont care that much.
You're pretty wrong about this.
Admo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #74
KSOT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KSOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Board pairing is a myth
Posts: 8,106
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

I just can't believe he's claiming there were no illicit intentions still. I mean cmon dude...
KSOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #75
ike
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,635
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by john voight View Post
my feeling is: MAing is accepted at HSNL, and people dont care that much.

Today, HSNL players are very cautious and skeptical. and if they feel they got jipped b/c someone played them under a new SN HU, they feel they should have known.

Also, i have heard many times in HS videos on training sites ppl say stuff like "I think he plays under the name _______ also", etc... or, "this new guy, I haven't figured out who he is yet" (implying that it is a known internet player)

The offense is not as serious as others imo. Like if somone kept grimmimng from the SB in HU, that would be 10x bigger issue than some dude playing under a diff name for me.
Multiaccounting is accepted in HSNL in the sense that you'd have to be a moron to not realize it was happening all the time. It is not accepted in the sense that anyone other than the scum who do it consider it ethically acceptable.
ike is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online