Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #26
Jolly-olly
newbie
 
Jolly-olly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Collusion or not, I don't see how this is provable; we all know how inconsistent PTR is/has been at tracking hands. Unless some HSNL people are going to come out and show us point by point how they analyzed the stats of each alias to prove they are the same person.

Also, at the very least FTP wont come out and help, as they would look bad if it came out that stox WAS cheating.

Now the detectives in HSNL are running around adding up all of his hands. as much as i want to see bad people brought to justice for the betterment of poker, i don't see what this is going to accomplish.
Jolly-olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:49 AM   #27
stass13
old hand
 
stass13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: big boy castle
Posts: 1,340
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikadell View Post
are you for real? please tell me you're not. if stox is found guilty of multi accounting over a long period of time, knowing he was breaking the rules and he will get a slap on the hand?

get off the douches nuts

and no im not saying that they were absolutly cheating, im just saying its something that if it happened (because if its true theres no way leatherass doesnt know about it) then leatherass is directly tied to it. hence my belief that its possible leatherass' leaving stoxpoker could have something to do with this.
off the nuts..

u get off the crack.. see my first post, i said if he knows and left, its not because hes worried that hes tied to it. because he believes its the right thing to do..

just an opinion
stass13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:37 AM   #28
Nick Rivers
Pooh-Bah
 
Nick Rivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Clan In The Front
Posts: 4,726
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikadell View Post
i agree, that is a pretty good assumption also, but i cant see how my post is " ****ing retarded"
I can. Mainly it's that nobody cares why leatherass left Stoxpoker.
Nick Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:16 AM   #29
LuckyDevil
Pooh-Bah
 
LuckyDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,501
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffmet3 View Post
Leatherass was in a good position at Stoxpoker. There is 0 chance he would have left over something as trivial as this, because while there will be a big deal made out of it, it's mostly because of the coverup and the lame pr statement then the actual infraction
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidDream View Post
lol at thinking that LA hasnt known for years what stox name(s) are online. whether or not he is 40putts if he is making $1/hand they are pretty clearly playing in the same games as one another for a lot of hands. there is just no way he didnt know he was playing w/ stox all along and just found out 2-3 years later that it was him. im not saying they colluded or anything like that, just that LA has known his SN for years.
and this...
LuckyDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:55 AM   #30
Neocom
grinder
 
Neocom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 699
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocka View Post
he is saying he does have other screen names but can't comment
He can't comment, cos if he does, he will reveal him secret second identity. He is Isildur1
Neocom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:17 AM   #31
dear23
grinder
 
dear23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: My AK goes boom.
Posts: 405
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikadell View Post
maybe this has something to do with the mystery reason leatherass left?
I think it's too funny that so many replies are only conserned about Leatherass. WTF does LA have to do with anything? What "mystery reason"? what happened is his good friends started a new site and gave him a better deal.

Let's stick to Stox here instead shall we? It disturbs me that Stox didn't just deny having any of the mentioned screennames.
dear23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #32
sleepymonkey
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 507
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

I'm more concerned about 2+2 deleting the original thread because it involved a sponsor. shady
sleepymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #33
HopelessHousewife
old hand
 
HopelessHousewife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In my 1950's fantasies!
Posts: 1,253
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepymonkey View Post
I'm more concerned about 2+2 deleting the original thread because it involved a sponsor. shady
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fx0ssedyYI
HopelessHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #34
LiveNow
Pooh-Bah
 
LiveNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: fork in the road always goin' right
Posts: 5,153
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

not much of a 'response'
LiveNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #35
kikadell
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kikadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,918
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffmet3 View Post
haha, i'm certainly not on his nuts, what he did was wrong and i'm not defending him. you, however, are living in some fantasyland where sites take some moral high ground and dole out harsh penalties and there's no point in my wasting my time telling you that you're wrong anymore after this.

tons of people have done unethical things and after the initial uproar dies down, people's mention or caring about it slowly goes away
1. im not taking the moral high ground. what im doing is looking at sites TOS and realizing that if someone has for so long had so many accounts and used them all at the same time, AND realized that what he was doing was wrong enough to hide, that person is not very likely to be able to play on those sites anymore.

2. yep, people do often get forgiven for doing wrong things, however the sites do not forget so easily. are you forgetting what happened zeejustin for breaking the rules? he was forgiven by the 2+2 community long before stars forgave him. altho imo its a very different situation since stox is a grown man and has played poker far longer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear23 View Post
I think it's too funny that so many replies are only conserned about Leatherass. WTF does LA have to do with anything? What "mystery reason"? what happened is his good friends started a new site and gave him a better deal.

Let's stick to Stox here instead shall we? It disturbs me that Stox didn't just deny having any of the mentioned screennames.
im not concerned about LA more than stox. all i have been doing is defending my original assertion that perhaps this has something to do with why LA so suddenly up and left stox. this was called "retarded" and i asked why.

obviously this has way more to do with stox than it does with LA, but i cannot see how my assertion is retarded.
kikadell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #36
kikadell
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kikadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,918
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

also lol at telling me im taking the moral high ground if im against stox multi accounting and want to see his accounts banned. he cheats high stakes regs out of very large sums of money, and people shouldnt be outraged?
kikadell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:03 PM   #37
AlwaysWrong
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: cold callers anonymous
Posts: 475
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

kikadell: I'll give you 2:1 that if what stox said is acknowledged to be true -- he wasn't multiaccounting with the intent of cheating -- he will get no more than a 6 month suspension and won't have any funds confiscated.
AlwaysWrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #38
zachvac
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
zachvac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,726
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

It's kinda funny how many people are obsessed with LA. He was one of like 5 coaches that left right? I have yet to hear anyone talk about why Hunter or Jared or MBolt left it's only been LA. Hmm I wonder why that is...

But yeah why not get back to the actual topic rather than random speculation? There seems to be a decent amount of evidence against Stoxtrader here that he at the very least multi-accounted but I don't see that as a HUGE deal but the part about possibly colluding/cheating the rathole time with those accounts is a pretty big deal and should be investigated.
zachvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #39
ChuckNorreez
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Laugh Factory, Improv, Los Angeles
Posts: 442
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

pardon me, what is HSNL?
ChuckNorreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #40
kikadell
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kikadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,918
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysWrong View Post
kikadell: I'll give you 2:1 that if what stox said is acknowledged to be true -- he wasn't multiaccounting with the intent of cheating -- he will get no more than a 6 month suspension and won't have any funds confiscated.
it doesnt matter if he didnt have the intent on cheating. as NoahSD said in the hsnl thread its the same as stealing a 50k brick and claiming its cool because you only wanted it as a paperweight, you didnt steal it for the money.

by MA'ing you are auto cheating and automatically gain a large edge you shouldnt have, even if that wasnt your original intention

my $200 vs your $400? i say he gets 6 months+, at least some funds confiscated on either stars or ftp, assuming the MA'ing accusations turn out to be correct ldo
kikadell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #41
NOSUP4U
banned
 
NOSUP4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 2,694
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckNorreez View Post
pardon me, what is HSNL?
High Stakes No Limit forum here.

Mark
NOSUP4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:49 PM   #42
AlwaysWrong
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: cold callers anonymous
Posts: 475
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikadell View Post
it doesnt matter if he didnt have the intent on cheating. as NoahSD said in the hsnl thread its the same as stealing a 50k brick and claiming its cool because you only wanted it as a paperweight, you didnt steal it for the money.

by MA'ing you are auto cheating and automatically gain a large edge you shouldnt have, even if that wasnt your original intention

my $200 vs your $400? i say he gets 6 months+, at least some funds confiscated on either stars or ftp, assuming the MA'ing accusations turn out to be correct ldo
For your $200 to my $400 the bet would have to be contingent on the site finding BOTH that he was multiaccounting and that he wasn't doing any of "deceiving others into giving them action", "collusion", "entering multiple times into the same tournament", "to clear extra bonuses", "to circumvent affiliate CPA or rakeback rules", "to bypass the pokersites shortstack buy-in time limitation", "to teamplay", "to share action with others at the same table" or, "to chip dump". (I cut out taxes, hiding screen name, and ghosting, which I'd accept).

For $200:$200 I'd just bet you that, regardless of what happens, he won't get more than a 6 month suspension and won't get funds confiscated (ie. no conditions on bet).
AlwaysWrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #43
NoahSD
Is Right
 
NoahSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,865
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikadell View Post
my $200 vs your $400? i say he gets 6 months+, at least some funds confiscated on either stars or ftp, assuming the MA'ing accusations turn out to be correct ldo
I'll take this bet. Obv AlwaysWrong gets first dibs, though.
NoahSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #44
FuriousWorld
banned
 
FuriousWorld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 423
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

****ing scum.
FuriousWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #45
SoulPower
old hand
 
SoulPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ATL
Posts: 1,548
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

loltastic update from the Stoxpoker forums


"n regards to the collusion, like I said it's completely untrue and laughable. Go ahead and dig as deep as you can.

In regards to the account names, I have always made small stakes training videos on Stoxpoker under the alias "Stoxtrader". I have never played higher limits nor regular opponents using that account. Plenty of people who cared about this knew/figured this out/could have figured this out anytime in the last 4 years. This is easily verified by checking Stoxtrader tableratings, on both stars and FTP, and always has been. The reason I switched in the first place 4 years ago was because the UIGEA had just been passed and i was worried about playing high stakes online poker on a "known" name. At that point I had no reason to make any changes until this January.

In regards to 2+2, the mods originally moved the thread because of the anonymous and smear intended nature of the accusations and the thread stayed in the mod forum as near as I can tell because there was a safety issue involved.

I played under one account in my normal games for approximately 4 years until January 2010, at which point I did switch account screen names because I had reason to believe I would be safer if I did so. My game at the time was going well and I had no profit driven motive for doing this. That was a misjudgement. In hindsight I could have taken a break from poker entirely for a few months but I didn't do that, though I will likely be doing that now. I stand by my original post that what I did was never with nefarious intent. My name made in 2010 was the only other account I played on and I played it for about one month. I have never played on any other account name including littlezen or kinetica, or soft-played/colluded with anyone. I have never played two accounts simultaneously. Everything I have posted can be independently confirmed, aside from my reasons for switching accounts in January. Unfortunately, those will stay private.

The reason I posted a picture of my hands played by stack size was in response to the accusation that I was a shortstacker. I wasn't refuting the accusation, I was simply showing the amount of shortstacked hands played were a small proportion of my total hands played, including cap and shallow tables. I would be happy to edit out the results portion of the picture and simply leave hands played by stack size.

cliff notes:

I played one account for 4 years, I concurrently used a different account to make training videos, that is the only thing it was used for. Two months ago I played a third account for one month because I felt safer doing so. Right now I am not playing but hope to be able to play again after a suitable break."
SoulPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #46
kikadell
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kikadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,918
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSD View Post
I'll take this bet. Obv AlwaysWrong gets first dibs, though.
since NoahSD want in on the bet im assuming its a bad bet, so i stick my tail between my legs and walk away from it.

unless this is scummy of me, in which case i will assume im locked in
kikadell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #47
apefish
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
apefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: gotta put this one on caesars
Posts: 14,630
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

doesn't seem there were any final terms so it's probably fine to tuck tail.
apefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #48
kikadell
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kikadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,918
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPower View Post
loltastic update from the Stoxpoker forums


"n regards to the collusion, like I said it's completely untrue and laughable. Go ahead and dig as deep as you can.

In regards to the account names, I have always made small stakes training videos on Stoxpoker under the alias "Stoxtrader". I have never played higher limits nor regular opponents using that account. Plenty of people who cared about this knew/figured this out/could have figured this out anytime in the last 4 years. This is easily verified by checking Stoxtrader tableratings, on both stars and FTP, and always has been. The reason I switched in the first place 4 years ago was because the UIGEA had just been passed and i was worried about playing high stakes online poker on a "known" name. At that point I had no reason to make any changes until this January.

In regards to 2+2, the mods originally moved the thread because of the anonymous and smear intended nature of the accusations and the thread stayed in the mod forum as near as I can tell because there was a safety issue involved.

I played under one account in my normal games for approximately 4 years until January 2010, at which point I did switch account screen names because I had reason to believe I would be safer if I did so. My game at the time was going well and I had no profit driven motive for doing this. That was a misjudgement. In hindsight I could have taken a break from poker entirely for a few months but I didn't do that, though I will likely be doing that now. I stand by my original post that what I did was never with nefarious intent. My name made in 2010 was the only other account I played on and I played it for about one month. I have never played on any other account name including littlezen or kinetica, or soft-played/colluded with anyone. I have never played two accounts simultaneously. Everything I have posted can be independently confirmed, aside from my reasons for switching accounts in January. Unfortunately, those will stay private.

The reason I posted a picture of my hands played by stack size was in response to the accusation that I was a shortstacker. I wasn't refuting the accusation, I was simply showing the amount of shortstacked hands played were a small proportion of my total hands played, including cap and shallow tables. I would be happy to edit out the results portion of the picture and simply leave hands played by stack size.

cliff notes:

I played one account for 4 years, I concurrently used a different account to make training videos, that is the only thing it was used for. Two months ago I played a third account for one month because I felt safer doing so. Right now I am not playing but hope to be able to play again after a suitable break."
his whole post makes me pissy. like he has some inherent right to break the rules when anyone else who did so gets insta-banned for life
kikadell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #49
ibetmywookie
grinder
 
ibetmywookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: At the Bruce Lee Slots...
Posts: 409
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPower View Post
loltastic update from the Stoxpoker forums
In regards to the account names, I have always made small stakes training videos on Stoxpoker under the alias "Stoxtrader". I have never played higher limits nor regular opponents using that account. Plenty of people who cared about this knew/figured this out/could have figured this out anytime in the last 4 years. This is easily verified by checking Stoxtrader tableratings, on both stars and FTP, and always has been.

...........

I played one account for 4 years, I concurrently used a different account to make training videos, that is the only thing it was used for. Two months ago I played a third account for one month because I felt safer doing so. Right now I am not playing but hope to be able to play again after a suitable break."

According to PTR he played 25/50 NL Cap and 30/60 this month.... low stakes? hmmm...
ibetmywookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #50
blocka
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Downtown
Posts: 2,472
Re: Stoxtrader Responds To Cheating Allegations In HSNL Forum

Quote:
Plenty of people who cared about this knew/figured this out/could have figured this out anytime in the last 4 years.
Stoxtrader this is not the point, and someone in your position would know this.

Quote:
I played under one account in my normal games for approximately 4 years until January 2010, at which point I did switch account screen names because I had reason to believe I would be safer if I did so.
Safer to do so... wtf does this mean???? stop with the bs and start the honesty.

Quote:
My name made in 2010 was the only other account I played on and I played it for about one month. I have never played on any other account name including littlezen or kinetica, or soft-played/colluded with anyone. I have never played two accounts simultaneously. Everything I have posted can be independently confirmed
I think you owe it to the poker community to list all account you have played on so it can be confirmed.
blocka is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online