Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Steve Wynn joining Adelson against online gaming Steve Wynn joining Adelson against online gaming

02-02-2014 , 02:18 PM
http://www.ralstonreports.com/blog/m...g#.Uu6LGX-9KK2

I liked it better when these two were enemies...more big money jumping into the anti-online gaming crusade. Time to boycott the Wynn poker room now too?
02-02-2014 , 02:24 PM
Two people who probably have no idea what a .gif is, meme, or never visited deadspin are against online gaming.

Are you surprised? They just cannot conceive or reconcile the internet. Don't really blame them, they are just too old to get it.
02-02-2014 , 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggo Steve Wynn joining Adelson against online gaming
Don't really blame them, they are just too old to get it.
Or maybe they are just too smart, too rich, and too successful. Maybe you just don't get it..................
02-02-2014 , 03:05 PM
I love it as a live player. I might play more at the Wynn now. Keep the fishes in the casino. Sorry online guys
02-02-2014 , 03:07 PM
I prefer live to online any day of the week, even if I can play poker in my boxers whilst eating cheerios.
02-02-2014 , 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmo0th10 Steve Wynn joining Adelson against online gaming
I love it as a live player. I might play more at the Wynn now. Keep the fishes in the casino. Sorry online guys
Precisely!

No more internet poker nerds messing up those games at the beautiful Wynn and Venetian rooms! Enjoy your reg infested Aria you dorks!
02-02-2014 , 03:56 PM
everyone so short-sighted.....
02-02-2014 , 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmo0th10 Steve Wynn joining Adelson against online gaming
I love it as a live player. I might play more at the Wynn now. Keep the fishes in the casino. Sorry online guys
There are tons of people of all skill levels that have gotten into poker in the last 10-15 years because of online poker that would have never set foot in a live card room otherwise. The idea that they are two competing forces has always been stupid.

Online poker has a level of accessibility that can't be achieved in a casino. People can play for pennies and they can play from their own home. It's a lot less intimidating and affordable for new players than a casino. Quite a few people end up playing in casinos after picking the game up online though.
02-02-2014 , 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaycareInferno Steve Wynn joining Adelson against online gaming
There are tons of people of all skill levels that have gotten into poker in the last 10-15 years because of online poker that would have never set foot in a live card room otherwise. The idea that they are two competing forces has always been stupid.

Online poker has a level of accessibility that can't be achieved in a casino. People can play for pennies and they can play from their own home. It's a lot less intimidating and affordable for new players than a casino. Quite a few people end up playing in casinos after picking the game up online though.
This x1000!
02-02-2014 , 04:48 PM
Here is the real quote:

Quote:
“This is not a good entrepreneurial opportunity,” Wynn, who knows a little bit about entrepreneurship, said. “Where is the business opportunity? The big problem I see is I don’t see the government letting us keep the money.”
Sounds like Wynn just needs to be cut in if he presents a big enough threat to online gaming.

Adelson probably too, but Adelson's appetite is probably far too large for what he'd get, and that's likely why he's hammered such irrational stances publicly for awhile now (what can you really say negative about online poker if you run casinos and try to get smoking bans lifted to build new ones? You just make **** up is what you do).

More of his quotes were about not seeing a clear way for him to ride into this industry and grab market share and profits, than actual concern. He touted online poker far harder when he was a US pioneer (Stars deal) than he is insulting it now with watered down versions of Adelson's bs.
02-02-2014 , 04:54 PM
Quote:
The big problem I see is I don’t see the government letting us keep the money.
That is the same problem we have.

Quote:
the government’s “insatiable appetite for revenue"
Quote:
Wynn said he fears lotteries, which already are seeping onto the web and ready to expand, might crush everyone else.

Last edited by VP$IP; 02-02-2014 at 04:59 PM.
02-02-2014 , 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggo Steve Wynn joining Adelson against online gaming
Two people who probably have no idea what a .gif is, meme, or never visited deadspin are against online gaming.

Are you surprised? They just cannot conceive or reconcile the internet. Don't really blame them, they are just too old to get it.
But they aren't too old to host day clubs and pool parties with the likes of Avicii and that giant mouse head dj?
02-02-2014 , 09:58 PM
Though I hate to hear this, at least Wynn has the balls to admit the main reason behind him opposing is money. Better than Adelson's chicken **** approach
02-02-2014 , 09:58 PM
dont like this
02-02-2014 , 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaycareInferno Steve Wynn joining Adelson against online gaming
There are tons of people of all skill levels that have gotten into poker in the last 10-15 years because of online poker that would have never set foot in a live card room otherwise. The idea that they are two competing forces has always been stupid.

Online poker has a level of accessibility that can't be achieved in a casino. People can play for pennies and they can play from their own home. It's a lot less intimidating and affordable for new players than a casino. Quite a few people end up playing in casinos after picking the game up online though.
+2
02-02-2014 , 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Bieber Steve Wynn joining Adelson against online gaming
But they aren't too old to host day clubs and pool parties with the likes of Avicii and that giant mouse head dj?
LOL if you think they are more likely to know the mouse head dj over gif meme or deadspin
02-02-2014 , 11:35 PM
Wynn is probably just mad at PS for everything that went down
02-02-2014 , 11:55 PM
He needs the money after buying high priced art. Sir Francis Baconbits
02-03-2014 , 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaycareInferno Steve Wynn joining Adelson against online gaming
Quite a few people end up playing in casinos after picking the game up online though.
Yes, it should be apparent by the moneymaker effect not that it's had to be MM but that someone won the WSOP ME though a $39 satellite on PokerStars
2003 - 839
2004 - 2,576 <- The year after MoneyMaker
2005 -5,619
2006 - 8,773
2007 - 6,358 <- Post-UIGEA
amazing growth, due for the most part, online poker.
know thy customer.
02-03-2014 , 02:03 AM
They're too dumb to realize that if pokerstars or any big site was allowed back into US it would increase their wealth.

Most people I've talked to in college always told me they played online before going to casinos and said they probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for online.

Majority were all smart guys that know you can't beat casinos and wouldn't even bother unless they had picked up the thrill of winning some money from bonuses online playing black jack.
02-03-2014 , 02:21 AM
I still think a lot of people are getting this wrong. It's not that they (wrongly) think online Poker is hurting their own revenue. They don't like Poker at all--live or online--they want the degens to play something where the casino has a bigger edge. Almost all the casino execs only tolerate Poker to try to jam people into the pits and overpriced restaurants/clubs/entertainment venues.
02-03-2014 , 02:41 AM
hey kiddies. wynn and addelson could care the **** less about poker. online or otherwise.

Spoiler:
the games will always be good
02-03-2014 , 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn Prophet Steve Wynn joining Adelson against online gaming
I still think a lot of people are getting this wrong. It's not that they (wrongly) think online Poker is hurting their own revenue. They don't like Poker at all--live or online--they want the degens to play something where the casino has a bigger edge. Almost all the casino execs only tolerate Poker to try to jam people into the pits and overpriced restaurants/clubs/entertainment venues.
Like when online small stake players lose to mid stake players that lose to high stake players that lose to nose bleed high stakes players that lose to Phil Ivey that lose to Casino's Pit Games!
02-03-2014 , 03:21 AM
Maybe I didn't make my post clear but my point is that most people I know wouldn't have went to a casino if it wasn't for the reason I listed.
02-03-2014 , 04:29 AM
The fact that Wynn had a deal with Pokerstars in the works probably kills all his credibility.






Quote:
Originally Posted by iosys Steve Wynn joining Adelson against online gaming
Maybe I didn't make my post clear but my point is that most people I know wouldn't have went to a casino if it wasn't for the reason I listed.
I think you're right about what you were saying.

      
m