Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2017, 03:58 AM   #101
Pinkmann
adept
 
Pinkmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 738
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyy30040 View Post
Why can't they just warn then suspend/ban people that use scripts?
Go to the 888 thread in internet poker and you can see for yourself. Its non stop complaints about people scripting, some of whom are and some are just joining games fast. Then its 888s job to investigate every case and do their best to enforce their rules, which in most cases results in more criticism and over/under enforcement.

There are plenty of instances of players getting a warning from scripting when they are actually innocent, and even more instances of blatant scripting that goes unpunished for months, if ever.

So basically 888 has their staff waste loads of time to investigate the banning of their own players which doesn't increase their revenue. So who is actually happier in this system? Non scripting regs aren't happy because scripts exist no matter what, scripting regs obv dont like a ban, recs dont see any change in the system, and 888 support is flooded with complaints. Go play on 888 yourself, join a random 2/4 table and see how fast the table fills up. Keep in mind this is a site that "banned scripts".

Last edited by Pinkmann; 01-27-2017 at 04:03 AM.
Pinkmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:52 AM   #102
PumaPerez
journeyman
 
PumaPerez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Slovakia, Bratislava
Posts: 265
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

i really dont get it. to not be able to gameselect will have drastic effect on breakeven or marginal winning regs. they will suddenly become losing players, most of them quit or change site. stars will end up only with recreationals and big winners. how will this end up? of course recreationals will lose at even faster pace end winners will take more money out of pool. how is this better for eco system is beyond me.
PumaPerez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:01 AM   #103
Pinkmann
adept
 
Pinkmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 738
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaPerez View Post
stars will end up only with recreationals and small winners
fyp
Pinkmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:04 AM   #104
borg23
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,162
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpewNL View Post
I would bet that 90%+ of those who argue it's a good change are recs/bad micro players with no real understanding of how certain changes might impact the games.
I guess they are frustrated with their lack of success in poker and they get their hopes up by believing pokerstars bs reasonings and false image of creating a healthier exosystem.
this site is filled with people who have zero clue how the poker economy works,have no clue how important it is for whales to have fun and think they're owed something in poker all while being winning players. knowing what's good or bad for poker and being a solid winning players are mutually exclusive.
borg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:22 AM   #105
Maximus122
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 164
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagikarpFTW View Post
Surprised TimStone didn't post yet.
He's probably at the job centre
Maximus122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:55 AM   #106
Alexdb
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 353
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

This is good, must-move tables to access waiting lists would be even better.

For ecosystem/experience, it's all just tinkering at the edges compared to what's needed; multi-table count vastly reduced.

The bottom line is that BB/hour needs to be closer to BB/100. Big earners must be playing big stakes with big variance, that's what they're supposed to be selling.
Alexdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:20 AM   #107
Domingo Cerrado
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Closed on Sundays
Posts: 115
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Just got an email from PokerStars.es to say that the Seat Me seating process will be implemented next Tuesday.

Personally, I don´t think that Spain has that much of a problem with bumhunting or seating scripts. Sure it exists, but I don´t see how PokerStars can get an accurate assessment of how effective the new process is with such a small number of players "abusing the system" in a relatively small player pool.

In before "Following the successful implementation of our Seat Me seating process in Spain ... ..."
Domingo Cerrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:31 AM   #108
AgressiveDog
veteran
 
AgressiveDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N/A
Posts: 2,858
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

yeah i personally believe they already decided to implement it on .com , they are just making this move to look like they have some evidence Seat me is a good thing, it killed ftp games.
AgressiveDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:02 AM   #109
BigAisaOK
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,308
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINzent View Post
Still doesnt explain why he thinks its an automated seating system


I said I assume there is scripting. Maybe I'm just too old and stupid but there isn't any proper waitlist right and to see who's at a table you have to be automatically seated?

I can't see how I've said anything incorrect but apologies if I did.

Games do seem softer in general on there though and I tend to be able to get a seat a lot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BigAisaOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:03 AM   #110
purrretrog
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Embracing the yolo
Posts: 2,266
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpewNL View Post
I would bet that 90%+ of those who argue it's a good change are recs/bad micro players with no real understanding of how certain changes might impact the games.
I guess they are frustrated with their lack of success in poker and they get their hopes up by believing pokerstars bs reasonings and false image of creating a healthier exosystem.
This, people who have no idea speak of bumhunters/people who use seating scripts the same way as they view fish, the reality is that in 2017 someone beating 400nl+ has put in a ton of work and is simply maximizing his ev by using the tools that are available.

This is terrible news for anyone who currently plays <400nl for a living.
purrretrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:18 AM   #111
Alexdb
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 353
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrretrog View Post
This is terrible news for anyone who currently plays <400nl for a living.
That is the exact segment that should never have existed; at least not as opponents of Western fish.

They don't offer enough variance to be a valid part of the poker economy, and that's why it is struggling.
Alexdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:58 AM   #112
TedHawkins
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 151
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Another step toward the ultimate goal: Make Poker an unbeatable casino game.
TedHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:34 AM   #113
voltio22
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 18
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domingo Cerrado View Post
Just got an email from PokerStars.es to say that the Seat Me seating process will be implemented next Tuesday.

Personally, I don´t think that Spain has that much of a problem with bumhunting or seating scripts. Sure it exists, but I don´t see how PokerStars can get an accurate assessment of how effective the new process is with such a small number of players "abusing the system" in a relatively small player pool.

In before "Following the successful implementation of our Seat Me seating process in Spain ... ..."
Exactly a fish can seat and sometimes the table doesn't even fill, nobody is using seating scripts. I saw for example Neymar play NL 200 and it was only 5 handed.
And HUSNG never run.
voltio22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:02 AM   #114
botsonparty
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 557
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltio22 View Post
Exactly a fish can seat and sometimes the table doesn't even fill, nobody is using seating scripts. I saw for example Neymar play NL 200 and it was only 5 handed.
And HUSNG never run.
As usual the problem isnt the scripts, its the ***** russians and the lack of government regulation. When people are held accountable for their actions, they keep in line, even avoiding grey areas.

Can be seen on any regulated site, except party.fr/winamax as one has people renting their accounts to russians and the other accepts anyone.
botsonparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:30 AM   #115
PumaPerez
journeyman
 
PumaPerez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Slovakia, Bratislava
Posts: 265
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaPerez
stars will end up only with recreationals and small winners
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmann View Post
fyp
how would big winners end up being small one when they will be playing worse opponents?
PumaPerez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:01 AM   #116
TomHimself
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomHimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oooohhh Kill'em
Posts: 10,074
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Why does Stars even offer the option to run it twice? They are able to rake more right?

Wouldn't it be better for the "ecosystem" if you could only run it once?
TomHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:21 AM   #117
The Imp
adept
 
The Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,187
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHimself View Post
Why does Stars even offer the option to run it twice? They are able to rake more right?

Wouldn't it be better for the "ecosystem" if you could only run it once?
Isn't it raked the same?
The Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #118
TomHimself
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomHimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oooohhh Kill'em
Posts: 10,074
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

I imagine tables last longer running it twice? Which would equal more rake
TomHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #119
TimStone
See my staking forum thread
 
TimStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: certainly not Pokerstars lol
Posts: 7,414
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagikarpFTW View Post
Surprised TimStone didn't post yet.
Im not rly playing anymoar and also this doesnt really come as a surprise. Im moar surprised it took them this long. Its also only another bandaid.
The problem w poker these days isnt seat selection, the main problem w poker is that there are too many regs. As long as they arent adressing this things will go downhill for anybody no matter wat
TimStone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:51 AM   #120
billyidol
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Only works if the penalty to people sitting out is huge, long time w/o joining new table, or paying huge amount of antes, idk what , but has to be big .
billyidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:13 PM   #121
FreshThyme
adept
 
FreshThyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 844
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyidol View Post
Only works if the penalty to people sitting out is huge, long time w/o joining new table, or paying huge amount of antes, idk what , but has to be big .
I would vote something like 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 24 hours for hopping tables after X amount of times.
FreshThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:28 PM   #122
guilzao
old hand
 
guilzao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,929
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

this are great for the games, games on ftp was a lot better before the merge even with less tabs games always run

way better than stars and the tables with 22 players list waiting and people refusing to play
guilzao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:30 PM   #123
guilzao
old hand
 
guilzao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,929
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedHawkins View Post
Another step toward the ultimate goal: Make Poker an unbeatable casino game.
games on unibet are unbeateble or pp? i abandon my ftp acc after merge with stars and the thousands of bumhenting games
guilzao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:09 PM   #124
borg23
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,162
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrretrog View Post
This, people who have no idea speak of bumhunters/people who use seating scripts the same way as they view fish, the reality is that in 2017 someone beating 400nl+ has put in a ton of work and is simply maximizing his ev by using the tools that are available.

This is terrible news for anyone who currently plays <400nl for a living.
in other words cheating ,helping to make the games boring as hell and chasing fish off
borg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:03 PM   #125
DesertCat
I am a Regulator
 
DesertCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 13,522
Re: Seat me: RIP game selection on Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaPerez View Post
i really dont get it. to not be able to gameselect will have drastic effect on breakeven or marginal winning regs. they will suddenly become losing players, most of them quit or change site. stars will end up only with recreationals and big winners. how will this end up? of course recreationals will lose at even faster pace end winners will take more money out of pool. how is this better for eco system is beyond me.
This makes no sense. Systems that reward seat scripting will reward the best game selectors. Systems that level the game selection playing field will reward the best players. If this change is implemented well there will be more money to win because fish will enjoy playing more without being harried by bumhunters.
DesertCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online