Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

View Poll Results: If you had access to a winning bot and there was no chance you'd be caught, would you use it?
Yes 539 66.38%
No 273 33.62%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
zeko1985
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 57
ridiculous view - botting

This view or my story will not sit well with some people around here. I have recently been banned from fulltilt and all my funds confiscated. I had been botting on fulltilt for the past 2 and a half years. I carried out various measures to remain undedected but I prob got greedy lately, putting in too much volume. I was a little angry after fulltilt cut my rakeback with this new system they introduced.

Anyway, I put A LOT of time into created bots. I have successul bots on fulltilt and ipoker. I beleive that botting is a legit form of poker. Although I am not in control at the tables all the time, I have programmed the bot and am therefore responsible for its play. Its my mind dictating my bots actions, its my indepth poker knowlsedge, it takes a lot of skill to make winning bots. I should not be banned as its a form of poker. Not only this but I created a lot of rake for fulltilt and I am sure they knew about me long before they bothered banning me, in fact this is why I became slack with the hours I was putting in, I looked at it almost as a partnership.

Fulltilt did confiscate my BR, but I only kept my BR small as a precaution. I made regular withdrawels. I would estimate my botting winnings to be around 220k in the last 2 and a half years from ipoker and fulltilt. Rakeback plays a massive part in winning but because of my poker knowledge I can win without rakeback. I hope to soon get back and running on fulltilt from a diff acc and country so I am not that worried but am a little angry at fulltilt and I still have ipoker. I am a high volume partner and Botting should be allowed, its a form of poker at its purist.
zeko1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
MinusEV
Giftastic!
 
MinusEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Don't trust men who walk with canes
Posts: 11,535
Re: Controversial view - botting

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeko1985 View Post
I beleive that botting is a legit form of poker. Although I am not in control at the tables all the time, I have programmed the bot and am therefore responsible for its play. Its my mind dictating my bots actions, its my indepth poker knowlsedge, it takes a lot of skill to make winning bots. I should not be banned as its a form of poker.
This is complete and utter nonsense. The mental/psychological part of poker is probably its most important part. There are tons of losing players who would be winners if they could only control their emotions. By skipping this step, you are skipping the biggest hurdle most players face. Your view only has validity if you only play other bots.

Last edited by MinusEV; 10-16-2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Cleaned up the quote
MinusEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
VoiceofTJ
journeyman
 
VoiceofTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: above your security clearance
Posts: 346
Re: Controversial view - botting

May you burn in hell. You eliminate the possibility of making mistakes due to being tired or upset. Poker is Mano a mano, (or mano a womano), it should not be who can build the best software wins.

How are you different than Russ Hamilton? He had some software written to help him beat the game, you wrote some software to help you beat the game.

Last edited by VoiceofTJ; 10-16-2010 at 11:34 AM.
VoiceofTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
PokerFan2008
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,091
Re: Controversial view - botting

Why not Bot on Poker Stars?
PokerFan2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
zeko1985
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 57
Re: Controversial view - botting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerFan2008 View Post
Why not Bot on Poker Stars?
Thats practically impossible, you wouldnt last long there.
zeko1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
Amoff
grinder
 
Amoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 634
Re: Controversial view - botting

I doubt this guy is a botter
Amoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
DamienT
banned
 
DamienT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: France / Netherlands
Posts: 6,912
Re: Controversial view - botting

In before, indianaV8.
DamienT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
spew$
grinder
 
spew$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 523
Re: Controversial view - botting

op dreams of a future where we are all robots.. well, i know i do.
spew$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
Wolverine
adept
 
Wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,064
Re: Controversial view - botting

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeko1985 View Post
I was a little angry after fulltilt cut my rakeback with this new system they introduced.
You just admitted cheating players out of 220K. GTFO.
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #10
epcfast
veteran
 
epcfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,535
Re: Controversial view - botting

Now these three of his creations are out of work and will have to sell sex to NVGers

Last edited by epcfast; 10-16-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: i'm setting the cute orange one up in an apartment for myself
epcfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
spew$
grinder
 
spew$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 523
Re: Controversial view - botting

those are my children
spew$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #12
Trent Raisner
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,085
Re: Controversial view - botting

Prove your winnings OP.

If u made really made 220K: you did good and I approve.

If u only made 200$ till 1000$ like the other botters: GTFO.

If u don't ran a bot and waste our time with your thread: GTFO.
Trent Raisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #13
epcfast
veteran
 
epcfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,535
Re: Controversial view - botting

Quote:
Originally Posted by spew$ View Post
those are my children
And now they're working for me.

epcfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #14
Borderline_Retard
banned
 
Borderline_Retard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: formerly AsH_KeTcHuM
Posts: 501
Re: Controversial view - botting

**** the haters if you really made some sick ass winning bots to the tune of 200k ur a sicko n deserve it
Borderline_Retard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #15
chardonis
grinder
 
chardonis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: durrrrland
Posts: 631
Re: Controversial view - botting

i am a botter too and so is my mother

my cousin twice removed, is also a botter

and so is my uncle

and my cat
chardonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #16
arkkw987
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 589
Re: Controversial view - botting

Given that most of the bots FTP caught were grinding microstakes I highly doubt he made as much as he claims.

But I still have to say "Goodbye - you won't be missed" just in case you're telling the truth.
arkkw987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #17
prescottburgess
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 672
Re: Controversial view - botting

what stakes did you play and how did you make the bots?
prescottburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #18
Spathic
adept
 
Spathic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 829
Re: Controversial view - botting

Graphs or GTFO
Spathic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #19
inthepub5
banned
 
inthepub5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: FU DOJ
Posts: 3,994
Re: Controversial view - botting

is there a reason why there is about 18 of these accounts all proclaiming they wer the bots on FT ?

go crawl into a hole and die scumbag
inthepub5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #20
Eponymous
Photoshop Comic Genius
 
Eponymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: How many letters do we have for thi
Posts: 4,566
Re: Controversial view - botting

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceofTJ View Post
Poker is Mano a mano, (or mano a womano)
FYI - The term "mano a mano" means hand to hand, not man to man. It has come to be used to represent heads-up competitions, which has led people to think it means man to man.

Sorry for the nittery.
Eponymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #21
inkognegro
old hand
 
inkognegro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,248
Re: Controversial view - botting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponymous View Post
FYI - The term "mano a mano" means hand to hand, not man to man. It has come to be used to represent heads-up competitions, which has led people to think it means man to man.

Sorry for the nittery.
its just a metaphor for heads up....but I guess the extra word play confused you
inkognegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #22
zeko1985
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 57
Re: Controversial view - botting

What everyone needs to think about is that the bot is basically me, I have thought it to do everything it does.

I just dont have the time to play hours and hours of poker so my bot can do it for me, so it may as well be me. Plus I generate a lot of rake and boost traffic, its wins all around for fulltilt.
zeko1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #23
MinusEV
Giftastic!
 
MinusEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Don't trust men who walk with canes
Posts: 11,535
Re: Controversial view - botting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponymous View Post
FYI - The term "mano a mano" means hand to hand, not man to man. It has come to be used to represent heads-up competitions, which has led people to think it means man to man.

Sorry for the nittery.
"Thanks for bein' a jerk-off. I mean, "man-to-man", "mano-a-mano". What the hell does "mano-a-mano" mean, anyway? Use your head, snapperhead."
-- Ford Fairlane

Last edited by MinusEV; 10-16-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Just in case one of the 3 other people who've seen this movie should be on 2+2
MinusEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #24
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,839
Re: Controversial view - botting

By your arguments, do you think a bot that runs on a neural network/genetic algorithm, or a bot that brute-forced a GTO solution (in theory) should NOT be allowed because it's not "my mind dictating my bots actions, its my indepth poker knowlsedge [sic]"?

The fact is you are totally missing the point. Whether it takes a lot of time or skill to design a bot is totally irrelevant.

The reason bots are not permitted on all major sites is because that is what the market dictates. Real players do not want to play against bots.

It's that simple.

Why not? Because it takes out a large part of the enjoyment of poker - playing a human who's play can be dictated by feel and emotion.

Feel free to start your own niche site that does allow bots. I would encourage it. I would hypothesise that it wouldn't be a great success because recreational nor professional players want to play on a site with a large number of bots on it. However please feel free to prove me wrong. Or go enter your bot in the poker-bot competitions that run annually.

But the silliest thing about your argument is that you personally do not want what you wish for. If tomorrow full tilt said that they allowed bots, very soon the site would be flooded with them. It would be trivial to run multiple bots, and soon real players would be a small fraction of the player pool, and your profits would disappear.

In fact, what you want is exactly what you have now. The ability to run your bots by breaking the terms and conditions of the site, running little risk, and being able to extract money from a pool of players that is abundantly human and exploitable. The last thing you want is to make your job legit. You are happy to go about immorally taking money from unwitting recreational players who don't realise who or what they are up against.

And this is why the majority of posters here will have no sympathy for you.

It blows my mind that someone with so much 'skill' in making winning bots can't even follow through the basic logical conclusion of his own arguments.
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #25
Erinsbrough
grinder
 
Erinsbrough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 410
Re: Controversial view - botting

If you can make a profitable bot why can't you play? There's more to poker than just winning strategy, a lot of it has to do with your emotional control and hence why bots are unethical.
Erinsbrough is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online