Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2018, 05:16 AM   #1
thejin
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 8
reddit poker, LUL

Hello 2+2, this may cast me in a bad light, but according to reddit poker, posting a video every 2 weeks of my original content is considered aggressive self promotion. I get it, you don't want trash streamers abusing your subreddit for self promotion and have the thing be swamped with a bunch of nobodies who are all doing the same thing, that is trashy content and will kill your subreddit, I agree. The difference here is, I work hard on this **** and I want people to see it. Thanks /r poker for lumping me in with the rest of the scrubs, this will not be forgotten, if this small son ends up going large one day, you'll want to be on my good side.

/rant

Last edited by Mike Haven; 10-11-2018 at 10:05 AM.
thejin is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 06:04 AM   #2
krolik
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 57
Re: reddit poker, LUL

In before lock.
krolik is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 06:31 AM   #3
swissodds
grinder
 
swissodds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ministry of EV
Posts: 556
Re: reddit poker, LUL

[ ] solid post
[X] rant post
swissodds is online now  
Old 10-11-2018, 06:34 AM   #4
thejin
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 8
Re: reddit poker, LUL

well yeah it is a rant post, its sloppy moderation from reddit poker, theres also a link to some actual content if you want, maybe every poker forum these days is just toxicity, who knows. whatever, ban me here too if its trash

edit: just seems like a real shame that the main outlets for this type of thing are so trivial with their rules, and will just throw around bans for the sake of following a blanket ruleset, like feel free to deviate from them if there is actual value in the content, one time. The current mindset from the reddit mods seems like the best way to keep online poker stagnant and in the mud. If i was posting on there daily and spamming my links everywhere then yeah, go ahead and ban me. All I did was post my video, no links, just the video.

If posts like this don't get seen, nothing changes

Last edited by thejin; 10-11-2018 at 06:39 AM.
thejin is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 06:49 AM   #5
krcmdc
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 481
Re: reddit poker, LUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejin View Post
well yeah it is a rant post, its sloppy moderation from reddit poker, theres also a link to some actual content if you want, maybe every poker forum these days is just toxicity, who knows. whatever, ban me here too if its trash

edit: just seems like a real shame that the main outlets for this type of thing are so trivial with their rules, and will just throw around bans for the sake of following a blanket ruleset, like feel free to deviate from them if there is actual value in the content, one time. The current mindset from the reddit mods seems like the best way to keep online poker stagnant and in the mud. If i was posting on there daily and spamming my links everywhere then yeah, go ahead and ban me. All I did was post my video, no links, just the video.

If posts like this don't get seen, nothing changes
Actual value in the content? This is suppose to be a joke? Wtf "actual value" are we suppose to find in a video you made about your bad beat? No one wants to hear your bad beat stories, no one will find value in your bad beat video. No one cares, except you, and maybe your mom.

Posts like this don't need to be seen, they need to be deleted.

That said, the video was relatively well made. You might be able to actually make an entertaining video, but first you need to pick a different storyline imo.
krcmdc is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 06:53 AM   #6
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,806
Re: reddit poker, LUL

That video was pretty bad. You should try something else than copying what riu does. Or did don't know if they stopped.

Quote:
if this small son ends up going large one day, you'll want to be on my good side.
Thankfully from reddits pov this is very unlikely.
KossuKukkula is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 06:53 AM   #7
Tuma
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Tuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Laser Eyes (Lazerus)
Posts: 11,397
Re: reddit poker, LUL

lol mtt players basically
Tuma is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 07:36 AM   #8
thejin
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 8
Re: reddit poker, LUL

Ok toxicity is running rampant it would seem, guess i'm part of it too. The editing techniques I used in this video aren't original, and they weren't original before the RIU videos either.. I guess the point is being missed, 90% of the effects you see are live streamed, its not post production editing. Having said that, there still was significant time and effort put into producing this, and there doesn't seem to be any way to promote content that differs from the norm from the ground up without being met with petty resistance, sadly I'd argue that this thread proves that as well. Sad state for me I guess making fun of my pain in the attempt to entertain others was a big oversight from my perspective.
thejin is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 08:13 AM   #9
numberonedonk
old hand
 
numberonedonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Getting After It
Posts: 1,757
Re: reddit poker, LUL

I would expect this from a 21 year old but you look like you're about 43. Grow up
numberonedonk is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 08:21 AM   #10
thejin
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 8
Re: reddit poker, LUL

How very large of you to point that out
thejin is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 09:12 AM   #11
BEANO52
adept
 
BEANO52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 814
Re: reddit poker, LUL

[ ] Yea
[ X ] Nope
BEANO52 is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 09:32 AM   #12
thejin
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 8
Re: reddit poker, LUL

It has occurred to me that I am perhaps in the wrong in this situation, and that it was ambitious/audacious of me to expect the poker community to embrace such audacious efforts with open arms. I promise i'm not the bad guy, just a small streamer frustrated with the way things are, having trouble bringing my product to a saturated market with very few options to market myself. My attempt to market myself for free using reddit, and 2+2 was definitely audacious, and reading this back I have come accross as arrogant and entitled, which is not my intention. Sorry to all involved.

Having said all of that and dropping my balls, I do feel I have a product that is worthy of todays streaming climate, and perhaps I am not youtube worthy. Please come and make that distinction for yourself, although you are not to blame if you dont.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 10-11-2018 at 10:07 AM.
thejin is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #13
preki
adept
 
preki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 962
Re: reddit poker, LUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejin View Post
It has occurred to me that I am perhaps in the wrong in this situation, and that it was ambitious/audacious of me to expect the poker community to embrace such audacious efforts with open arms. I promise i'm not the bad guy, just a small streamer frustrated with the way things are, having trouble bringing my product to a saturated market with very few options to market myself. My attempt to market myself for free using reddit, and 2+2 was definitely audacious, and reading this back I have come accross as arrogant, which is not my intention. Sorry to all involved.

Having said all of that and dropping my balls, I do feel I have a product that is worthy of todays streaming climate, and perhaps I am not youtube worthy. Please come and make that distinction for yourself, although you are not to blame if you dont.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 10-11-2018 at 10:07 AM.
preki is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #14
thejin
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 8
Re: reddit poker, LUL

yeah I probably deserve that, preki
thejin is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online