Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
durrrr
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,024
re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter W Jepsen View Post
I'm chosing to take this quote personally, because I learned that Durrr told Phil Ivey in the chat on FTP, that he suspected it was not me playing on my Red Pro account the other night (The night I won the "biggest" pot vs Durrr - 499K).

Normally I wouldn't respond to silly accusations like this, but since it's coming from a high stakes player, that I have a ton of respect for, I reconsidered.

I don't really see why would want to spread ignorant rumours like this. With all the recent multiaccounting / sharing of accounts going on, I take these accusations very seriously.

The fact that you made the comment in the CHAT makes it even more inexcusable and without merit. Also, it was made on a table I wasn't playing myself - so I didn't even get the chance to respond.

If you have a problem I suggest you have FTP check IPs and or betting patterns.

Bottom line... Stop whining and ship me an apology, after all it's okay to finish 2nd to a champ like me

/Peter
Yea i wasn't gonna reply further, until you made it public, because i wouldn't want to get either of you in trouble... but i've played with lars a ton, and i thought it was him, i still think it was him, and if u sit to play me tomorrow at high stakes i'd still assume its him. If I happen to be wrong and slightly offended you, oh well, I'm sorry, but realistically, from the play- and your fairly retarded response here, it seems like it was. I can't be sure, but it fits well since your both in cannes. Also note i said this to try to give ivey a headsup, since i don't have his new cell number. In my opinion making sure that someone doesnt get taken advantage of in a highstakes poker game is more important than possibly hurting your feelings if im wrong.

Also the fact that whoever was on your account ran well doesnt mean anything as i have no problems accepting losses, or playing anyone you know hunlhe just in case your comment wasn't in jest. For what its worth the comment i made to ivey was way before we played that big pot you won, and also for what its worth, trex and omgclayaiken both thought it was lars on your account. Perhaps all 3 of us are retarded, if so I'm sorry, unfortunately theres no way to know for sure, so I'm going to assume the far more likely answer. Normally i wouldn't have mentioned anything in chat, however in this case i didn't have much of a choice- because of the ridiculous amount of money on the line, and because i don't have ivey's new cell # and would rather have a 10% chance of slightly offending you than a 90% chance of him playing a 300k deep buyin game with completely the wrong reads b/c someone felt like gaining an unfair advantage.

For what its worth, people have made many accusations about me, both joking and not, it comes with the territory of playing highstakes. If i was somehow wrong, i'm sorry, but i don't see why it would offend you that much. You have very little highstakes history, then randomly when you happen to be in the same place as the only player who regularly multiaccounts highstakes nlhe games, your account showes up playing the highest stakes game in a pretty tough lineup.
durrrr is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #2
pokerbefun
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 63
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
Yea i wasn't gonna reply further, until you made it public, because i wouldn't want to get either of you in trouble... but i've played with lars a ton, and i thought it was him, i still think it was him, and if u sit to play me tomorrow at high stakes i'd still assume its him. If I happen to be wrong and slightly offended you, oh well, I'm sorry, but realistically, from the play- and your fairly retarded response here, it seems like it was. I can't be sure, but it fits well since your both in cannes. Also note i said this to try to give ivey a headsup, since i don't have his new cell number. In my opinion making sure that someone doesnt get taken advantage of in a highstakes poker game is more important than possibly hurting your feelings if im wrong.

Also the fact that whoever was on your account ran well doesnt mean anything as i have no problems accepting losses, or playing anyone you know hunlhe just in case your comment wasn't in jest. For what its worth the comment i made to ivey was way before we played that big pot you won, and also for what its worth, trex and omgclayaiken both thought it was lars on your account. Perhaps all 3 of us are retarded, if so I'm sorry, unfortunately theres no way to know for sure, so I'm going to assume the far more likely answer. Normally i wouldn't have mentioned anything in chat, however in this case i didn't have much of a choice- because of the ridiculous amount of money on the line, and because i don't have ivey's new cell # and would rather have a 10% chance of slightly offending you than a 90% chance of him playing a 300k deep buyin game with completely the wrong reads b/c someone felt like gaining an unfair advantage.

For what its worth, people have made many accusations about me, both joking and not, it comes with the territory of playing highstakes. If i was somehow wrong, i'm sorry, but i don't see why it would offend you that much. You have very little highstakes history, then randomly when you happen to be in the same place as the only player who regularly multiaccounts highstakes nlhe games, your account showes up playing the highest stakes game in a pretty tough lineup.

And what was Ivey's response when you gave him the "heads up"?
pokerbefun is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
The4thFilm
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
The4thFilm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,472
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
Also the fact that whoever was on your account ran well doesnt mean anything as i have no problems accepting losses, or playing anyone you know hunlhe just in case your comment wasn't in jest.
Game. Set. PWNED.
The4thFilm is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
Firerhino
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 364
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

cmon isnt it a little weird that jepsen sunddenly plays 500 1000 nl, the guy havent been even playing high stakes games at ftp before (at least not so much).
Firerhino is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
ALLIIIIIIIN!
veteran
 
ALLIIIIIIIN!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: No Teethwash
Posts: 2,041
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

I agree, it is a bit weird to see Jepsen sitting in a 100K NLHE 6-max game with durrrr, OMGClayAiken et al considering how limited he has played those stakes or anywhere near those stakes as a red pro. However, I think this will become a bigger issue than it should be simply because Jepsen or whoever was playing on his account won 500K during the session, if he shows up and drops 300K, is this as big of an issue as it is starting to become?
ALLIIIIIIIN! is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
durrrr
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,024
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLIIIIIIIN! View Post
I agree, it is a bit weird to see Jepsen sitting in a 100K NLHE 6-max game with durrrr, OMGClayAiken et al considering how limited he has played those stakes or anywhere near those stakes as a red pro. However, I think this will become a bigger issue than it should be simply because Jepsen or whoever was playing on his account won 500K during the session, if he shows up and drops 300K, is this as big of an issue as it is starting to become?
I wouldn't have said anything about it had he not posted in the nvg thread... my response here wouldve been the same no matter how he did once he posted in the nvg thread. Also i think lars does some retarded stuff quite often on new names, so i personally didn't mind it because i was very confident it was lars early, and made some weird plays i wouldnt normally because of it. Perhaps these plays worked b/c jepsen plays on his name the way lars does on new peoples names, who knows. I didn't do anything except tell ivey (who was also in the game at that time) until jepsen posted the part i quoted to start this thread.
durrrr is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #7
bobbyG
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 766
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLIIIIIIIN! View Post
I agree, it is a bit weird to see Jepsen sitting in a 100K NLHE 6-max game with durrrr, OMGClayAiken et al considering how limited he has played those stakes or anywhere near those stakes as a red pro. However, I think this will become a bigger issue than it should be simply because Jepsen or whoever was playing on his account won 500K during the session, if he shows up and drops 300K, is this as big of an issue as it is starting to become?
it was an issue before he even won bro
bobbyG is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
Sniiii
old hand
 
Sniiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,533
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Interview with Peter after the pot. It's in Norwegian so I'll translate whatever relevant. http://donkr.com/news/viewNews.asp?n=1280


-The stakes you were playing are insanely high, are you really bankrolled for this?

''I've built up a bankroll on lower stakes the last months, but this very session was a ''shot''. The games on the highest stakes are sick and the variance is also enormous, it's even sicker than $200-$400 PLO with full Buy-ins. Usually, PLO is a game with higher variance, but with $500-$1000 blinds and the deep stacks on Railbird Heaven makes this even sicker.''

-How do you handle these enormous swings?

''Well, I actually get more annoyed if I lose a sick pot on $25-$50, because if I take a shot at $500-$1000, I've decided that I don't really care about that money. Usually I get really happy and jump up and down, spill wine on my laptop etc when I win big pots. I'm obviously not happy the times I lose but it's not like I get really emotional about it.''

-You played against ''durrrr'', what can you say about him as a high-stakes player?

''He's fearless and does some sick plays. When you get deep he makes people stack off to him with complete crap-hands because they never think he has anything, which he's shown lots of times (by showing bluffs etc). He's also always putting pressure you and people can easily stack off against him. When I played against him it went well, even though I'd love to have won the pot when I semi-bluffed with a flushdraw, but ran into his set of aces.


(I find it funny that he cares more about a 10 000$ pot on 25/50 than 100 000$/200 000$ when he's taking a shot, but whatever.)
Sniiii is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #9
ALLIIIIIIIN!
veteran
 
ALLIIIIIIIN!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: No Teethwash
Posts: 2,041
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
I wouldn't have said anything about it had he not posted in the nvg thread... my response here wouldve been the same no matter how he did once he posted in the nvg thread.
Fair enough.
ALLIIIIIIIN! is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #10
reefdawg
dogvomt
 
reefdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chimpanzee riding on a Segway!
Posts: 5,679
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Durrrama
reefdawg is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #11
ALLIIIIIIIN!
veteran
 
ALLIIIIIIIN!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: No Teethwash
Posts: 2,041
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniiii View Post
Interview with Peter after the pot. It's in Norwegian so I'll translate whatever relevant. http://donkr.com/news/viewNews.asp?n=1280


-The stakes you were playing are insanely high, are you really bankrolled for this?

''I've built up a bankroll on lower stakes the last months, but this very session was a ''shot''. The games on the highest stakes are sick and the variance is also enormous, it's even sicker than $200-$400 PLO with full Buy-ins. Usually, PLO is a game with higher variance, but with $500-$1000 blinds and the deep stacks on Railbird Heaven makes this even sicker.''
That first question/response seems pretty fishy, I don't know if we're losing the context of what he's saying in the translation but who would take a shot at a 500/1K NL game with such a tough line-up? It doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do. If you're going to "take a shot", why not 200/400? It seems like the worst table imaginable to take a shot.
ALLIIIIIIIN! is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
Phil Galfond
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,680
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

I agree with Tom if anyone cares.

I think it's still more likely than not that it was Lars. Definitely a good chance it wasn't, but still a fave to have been him.
Phil Galfond is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:10 PM   #13
durrrr
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,024
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4thFilm View Post
Has anyone emailed FTP asking to investigate the multiaccounting or is everyone pretending to be offended and praying lars gives more action?
This wasn't my intent at all, and i would request that no-one does that because of this thread. I simply made this thread in response to his post in the highstakes thread.
durrrr is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #14
ClutchCity
banned
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SSNL4Life
Posts: 3,537
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
but i've played with lars a ton, and i thought it was him, i still think it was him, and if u sit to play me tomorrow at high stakes i'd still assume its him. If I happen to be wrong and slightly offended you, oh well, I'm sorry, but realistically, from the play- and your fairly retarded response here, it seems like it was.
LOL

Durrr is the best
ClutchCity is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #15
lennie257
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,371
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
it fits well since your both in cannes.

for what its worth, trex and omgclayaiken both thought it was lars on your account.

You have very little highstakes history, then randomly when you happen to be in the same place as the only player who regularly multiaccounts highstakes nlhe games, your account showes up playing the highest stakes game in a pretty tough lineup.
3 good points that seem to make suspicion very much justified. if jepsen isn't doing anything wrong then he has no reason to worry, and he must understand that such a huge jump in stakes looks a little strange.
lennie257 is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #16
BananaBalla
Pooh-Bah
 
BananaBalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,642
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

lol <3 the way durrr words his response.
BananaBalla is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #17
Sniiii
old hand
 
Sniiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,533
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLIIIIIIIN! View Post
That first question/response seems pretty fishy, I don't know if we're losing the context of what he's saying in the translation but who would take a shot at a 500/1K NL game with such a tough line-up? It doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do. If you're going to "take a shot", why not 200/400? It seems like the worst table imaginable to take a shot.
Which is why I translated the interview. It's not losing context through translation. As a matter of fact, here's direct translation of relevant words:

Denne kursen er jo helt syk høy, har du bankroll til dette?

Denne = this -> these
kursen = stake(s)
er = is
syk = sick
høy = high
har du = do you have
bankroll
til dette= for this?

Therefore, it's correctly translated into: These stakes are insanely high, are you really bankrolled for this?

”Jeg har bygget meg opp en bankroll på lavere kurser de siste månedene, men akkurat denne sessionen var et “shot”. Spillet på den kursen er så syk og svingningene er også syke, det er enda sykere en $200-$400 PLO med full buy-ins.

Jeg har bygget = I have built up
en bankroll på lavere kurser = a bankroll on lower stakes
de siste månedene = the last months
men akkurat denne session = but this very session
var et ''shot'' = was a ''shot''


As you can see, he uses the word ''shot'' himself when speaking about why he played as high as 500/1000. It's ridiculous to ''take a shot'' on what is 10 times his normal limit, and is relevant to whether it was him or Lars playing, which is why I thought it was interesting enough to translate here.
Sniiii is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #18
Bjørn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bjørn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: @rankingplayers
Posts: 12,630
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

So his "trip report" within an hour on a danish poker forum was just part of the plan?

I dunno. I think it was clearly Peter in the chat and clearly also part of his personality to take impulsive shots or chances like this.
He goes to Iraq. To Vegas with his whole roll. Gambles everything he has on winning some donkament etc etc etc.
He has tons of gamble.

Regarding his play there are noone better to judge than Jman and Durrr of course. So you have to respect that.

I guess the in between possibility, with them being in the same place in mind, was that Luzak was among the group of friends described in Jepsen's trip report and they were "double teaming".

Last edited by Bjørn; 09-06-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Bjørn is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #19
automat
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,387
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

So you had to tell a player as smart and savvy as Phil Ivey who he was playing against for him to make proper adjustments? And you don´t think Ivey would have done this himself within 10 hands or so?

Is this supposed to be a joke?

I watched for maybe an hour or so and I don´t think there´s any chance this was a nosebleed regular playing. I actually thought he was a Nl5 regular, judging from the massive overbet/fold to a raise **** he was doing all the time. I may be wrong, but I also could feel huge tension/fear whenever he was in a big hand.

Last edited by automat; 09-06-2008 at 04:44 PM.
automat is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #20
durrrr
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,024
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjørn View Post
So his "trip report" within an hour on a danish poker forum was just part of the plan?

I dunno. I think it was clearly Peter in the chat and clearly also part of his personality to take impulsive shots or chances like this.
He goes to Iraq. To Vegas with his whole roll. Gambles everything he has on winning some donkament etc etc etc.
He has tons of gamble.

Regarding his play there are noone better to judge than Jman and Durrr of course. So you have to respect that.

I guess the in between possibility, with them being in the same place in mind, was that Luzak was among the group of friends described in Jepsen's trip report and they were "double teaming".
If there was a way to bet without freerolling myself, i'd bet both of them were in the same room playing. This isn't against ftp's rules or anything like that, however i definitely thought that ivey should know. Also I think i could tell this way quicker than ivey because I've played lars a lot more. If the situation was reversed i'd assume he'd do the same.
durrrr is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #21
jayhawks
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jayhawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,010
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

who is Peter W Jepsen?
jayhawks is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #22
GiantWalleye
worst TR ever
 
GiantWalleye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Rest in peace Reefdawg, my friend
Posts: 8,542
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman28 View Post
I agree with Tom if anyone cares.

I think it's still more likely than not that it was Lars. Definitely a good chance it wasn't, but still a fave to have been him.
just curious, is this the OMGCLAY or the other jman from 2+2?
GiantWalleye is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #23
miikka84
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 265
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Lars posted his comment on finnish poker site, he basically says:

"I wasn't playing on Peters account, i don't know where such an idea came into durrrrs head"

there is a link (in finnish) second post:

http://www.pokerisivut.com/keskustel...ic.php?t=11261
miikka84 is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #24
The Icon
adept
 
The Icon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 877
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by automat View Post
So you had to tell a player as smart and savvy as Phil Ivey who he was playing against for him to make proper adjustments? And you don´t think Ivey would have done this himself within 10 hands or so?

Is this supposed to be a joke?

I watched for maybe an hour or so and I don´t think there´s any chance this was a nosebleed regular playing. I actually thought he was a Nl5 regular, judging from the massive overbet/fold to a raise **** he was doing all the time. I may be wrong, but I also could feel huge tension/fear whenever he was in a big hand.
lol: It's original definition was "Laughing out loud" (also written occasionally as "Lots of Laughs"), used as a brief acronym to denote great amusement in chat conversations.
The Icon is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #25
Dilznoofus
veteran
 
Dilznoofus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,379
Re: my lars/jepsen comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantWalleye View Post
just curious, is this the OMGCLAY or the other jman from 2+2?
It's OMGClayAiken. The other jman ends in 220 I think.
Dilznoofus is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online