Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2021, 02:53 PM   #4201
CallForRedline
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 96
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUSTtheDRAWCESS View Post
Now back up to 2750. Must have forgot that step but it seems familiar now.
If it makes you feel any better, my blue chests are 1850 points and have been that way always except for the first one, which was 200 or so iirc.
CallForRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:24 AM   #4202
stacker604
journeyman
 
stacker604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 240
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

I am currently clearing a $160 Exclusive Poker Challenge for 2,000 pts. I'm at 1,000 pts right now. It is so tilting how much I have to play. This bonus keeps you glued to your computer. After this bonus, I am totally done with these stars bonus challenges. I'm just having a couple of drinks right now by myself because online poker is so isolating and tilting. Its so empty to just grind for minimal amounts of return. These bonuses keep you glued to your computer, but after this, F that. I'm done with this.

The chests pay such little rewards after so much grinding. I currently have a $500 bank roll, and I grind SNGs and MTTS between $3 and $8. Its such a fn grind. Such minimal return for your time. There is other stuff in life I should be doing. Truth is, alot of my life is such a mess, which is why I turn to online poker. But it sucks.
stacker604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:38 AM   #4203
suzyana
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sol Invictus
Posts: 817
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker604 View Post
I am currently clearing a $160 Exclusive Poker Challenge for 2,000 pts. I'm at 1,000 pts right now. It is so tilting how much I have to play. This bonus keeps you glued to your computer. After this bonus, I am totally done with these stars bonus challenges. I'm just having a couple of drinks right now by myself because online poker is so isolating and tilting. Its so empty to just grind for minimal amounts of return. These bonuses keep you glued to your computer, but after this, F that. I'm done with this.

The chests pay such little rewards after so much grinding. I currently have a $500 bank roll, and I grind SNGs and MTTS between $3 and $8. Its such a fn grind. Such minimal return for your time. There is other stuff in life I should be doing. Truth is, alot of my life is such a mess, which is why I turn to online poker. But it sucks.
I agree with the fact that the challenge keep you extra time on the computer,but in the end we might get something in return
For example,my first month i received a 15.000 points challenge with 1200$ rakeback,which i obviously did not complete(around 7000 points at the end of the month).Next month i had 7500 points for 600$ rakeback and made 6500 points at the end,so basically got nothing.Now i am still at 7500 points and almost clear it(5500 points and still have 16 days to clear it).
What i learn from these challenges?You rather focus on winning money,than to get the extra rakeback which is exhausting as hell
suzyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:07 AM   #4204
getmeoffcompletely
old hand
 
getmeoffcompletely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,566
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Don't force yourself to clear it by playing impossible hours. If you don't clear it they usually reduce the challenge the following month. Just wait until it gets to a comfortable level for you. Actually I really hope when they roll this out for everyone they offer tiers of challenges so everyone can pick whatever is appropriate for them.

As for improved chest rakeback, that isn't going live until 1st of next month I believe.
getmeoffcompletely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:55 PM   #4205
stacker604
journeyman
 
stacker604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 240
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Thanks for the advice guys. Ya going forward I'll focus on playing the right amount for me and straight game profit. Bonus chasing is so sub-optimal and tilting and a waste of your life. If they reduce the point requirements, I'll consider taking it, but won't do another one at 2,000 points again.
stacker604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #4206
chabby36
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 132
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoffcompletely View Post

As for improved chest rakeback, that isn't going live until 1st of next month I believe.
There has been absolutely no mention of this so don't get your hopes up.

The trial ends Sep 30th, that is all we know at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
chabby36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:26 PM   #4207
jfound
veteran
 
jfound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,327
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoffcompletely View Post
Don't force yourself to clear it by playing impossible hours. If you don't clear it they usually reduce the challenge the following month. Just wait until it gets to a comfortable level for you. Actually I really hope when they roll this out for everyone they offer tiers of challenges so everyone can pick whatever is appropriate for them.

As for improved chest rakeback, that isn't going live until 1st of next month I believe.
ggpoker lets u choose ur bonus amount to clear in 3 handed sng and others i think

hope stars does that same so grinders can make more money

Last edited by jfound; 09-15-2021 at 02:31 PM.
jfound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:46 PM   #4208
AAlex
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 14
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallForRedline View Post
If it makes you feel any better, my blue chests are 1850 points and have been that way always except for the first one, which was 200 or so iirc.
My blue chest did jump from 700(?) to 1850. It stayed like that for four chests, then it went down to 200 I think. The ones after that were 200, - 400, I believe, which I was able to level up. Then the silver ones were something low too, about the same as my original blue chests ranging 700-1200. So just stick with it.
AAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:09 AM   #4209
GazzyB123
Pooh-Bah
 
GazzyB123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yer maw
Posts: 5,340
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Guys help me out (I know this isn't a tech support thread but I need to get this fixed).

https://gyazo.com/cc1b6a46dbe05f21b1add7a7ff26a765

I have got a new laptop and keep getting this error. I get it 10 mins into session and it folds every hand I'm in and forces me to restart the client. I have tried the laptop on different networks in different countries and it happens everywhere. I have tried all the classic tricks to remove Aurora and nothing works.

Someone told me there is an official way to remove Aurora but I can't find it. Anyone know how to do it, or fix the error message above? Thanks.

Edit - have also put Aurora onto low AND medium mode and it still happens.
GazzyB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:55 AM   #4210
rekt
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: deep
Posts: 15
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzyB123 View Post
Guys help me out (I know this isn't a tech support thread but I need to get this fixed).

https://gyazo.com/cc1b6a46dbe05f21b1add7a7ff26a765

I have got a new laptop and keep getting this error. I get it 10 mins into session and it folds every hand I'm in and forces me to restart the client. I have tried the laptop on different networks in different countries and it happens everywhere. I have tried all the classic tricks to remove Aurora and nothing works.

Someone told me there is an official way to remove Aurora but I can't find it. Anyone know how to do it, or fix the error message above? Thanks.

Edit - have also put Aurora onto low AND medium mode and it still happens.
I had this error few times when one guy was spamming throwables so disabled them and since then never had this.. Idk if this helps, gl.
rekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:22 AM   #4211
Slugant
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,246
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabby36 View Post
There has been absolutely no mention of this so don't get your hopes up.

The trial ends Sep 30th, that is all we know at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
after the trial ends, stars will 'review' it

is there any indication of how long this review will take?
Slugant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:31 PM   #4212
Riverallin
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 40
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

I guess it won't take another 3 months for them to decide whether they implement the new system or not.
Three months has been way too long for the rest of us to wait.
Riverallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:50 PM   #4213
chabby36
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 132
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

No indication yet but due to give feedback when it ends. Can't imagine their review period will be that long considering it will be nothing but positive feedback...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
chabby36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 03:04 PM   #4214
Itachi1234
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 461
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugant View Post
after the trial ends, stars will 'review' it

is there any indication of how long this review will take?
review what rofl, its not rocket science
Itachi1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:06 PM   #4215
chabby36
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 132
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi1234 View Post
review what rofl, its not rocket science
The trial period

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
chabby36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:28 PM   #4216
Kid-A
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 259
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Sure hope the trial results don't conclude that people dislike money.
Kid-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:36 PM   #4217
_jimbo_
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,385
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid-A View Post
Sure hope the trial results don't conclude that people dislike money.
Wouldn't be the first time...
_jimbo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 03:42 AM   #4218
LuckyFuc1ker
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: WishIWasFinnish
Posts: 11
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzyB123 View Post
Guys help me out (I know this isn't a tech support thread but I need to get this fixed).

https://gyazo.com/cc1b6a46dbe05f21b1add7a7ff26a765

I have got a new laptop and keep getting this error. I get it 10 mins into session and it folds every hand I'm in and forces me to restart the client. I have tried the laptop on different networks in different countries and it happens everywhere. I have tried all the classic tricks to remove Aurora and nothing works.

Someone told me there is an official way to remove Aurora but I can't find it. Anyone know how to do it, or fix the error message above? Thanks.

Edit - have also put Aurora onto low AND medium mode and it still happens.
To disable Aurora I did this:

Open Pokerstars
Select Help then open My Settings folder
Close Pokerstars but keep MySettings open

Find User or User.ini then right click and select edit
Find the section that says [PipeOption]
Add this line: LegacyPokerTable=1

Save changes and restart laptop.

Worked for me and I still get the original style stars even now
LuckyFuc1ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:19 AM   #4219
de_man
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London
Posts: 1,509
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

1) I still don't get any exclusive challenges

2) Does the new lobby suck for everybody else? I cant even search tournaments anymore & it only scrolls down to about the next 10.
de_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:22 AM   #4220
Slugant
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,246
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

only 20% get the exclusive challenges
Slugant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:39 AM   #4221
GazzyB123
Pooh-Bah
 
GazzyB123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yer maw
Posts: 5,340
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyFuc1ker View Post
To disable Aurora I did this:

Open Pokerstars
Select Help then open My Settings folder
Close Pokerstars but keep MySettings open

Find User or User.ini then right click and select edit
Find the section that says [PipeOption]
Add this line: LegacyPokerTable=1

Save changes and restart laptop.

Worked for me and I still get the original style stars even now
Thanks for the advice but unfortunately they've plugged that leak.

If anyone knows how to disable Aurora I'll be forever in your debt.
GazzyB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:56 AM   #4222
MakeKake
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 19
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

I switched using the "Carbon lite" theme and i have way less CPU usage, might help some of you having problems multitabling.
MakeKake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:57 PM   #4223
stacker604
journeyman
 
stacker604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 240
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugant View Post
only 20% get the exclusive challenges
20% of all players are offered this? How do you know? I did not expect that.


Also guys, I was just curious, do you think these bonus offers impact the play of the games? Do you find that there are more people just grinding for volume because of these bonuses? I play at really low stakes so I have to multitable much more than I normally would if I wasn't aiming to clear the EPC.
stacker604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:23 PM   #4224
chabby36
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 132
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker604 View Post
20% of all players are offered this? How do you know? I did not expect that.





.
That's not true. Majority of players have the EPC.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
chabby36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 06:30 PM   #4225
Slugant
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,246
Re: PokerStars confirms new rewards program: Chests

thought he meant the new trial bonuses because he said he still doesnt get any exclusive challenges (i never ever received one and play every day)

and i know of some players who get exclusive challenges but it cannot be the majority chabby because i know many regs in my pool and actually very few (under 20%) get an exclusive challenge.

if the majority does get them i guess stars hates me so much that not only i never received one but everyone i know as well
Slugant is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive