Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 03:28 AM   #126
archie1st
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,375
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Dave,

1. Some of the guys in this thread said that their hand histories were suddenly no longer available at all. Is this true and if so why?

2. Don't you realise that it's in your best interests to make sure your bosses know of these allegations and to act accordingly by producing the hand histories? 2+2 is a huge part of the online poker community and while you keep providing lame excuses as to why you can't produce HH's then the worse it will get for you.

Someone has already offered to look privately at these, a mod I believe, and to take a 100% non biased viewpoint. Take him up on this.
archie1st is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:37 AM   #127
pooflinger
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: run bad
Posts: 850
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

i should go deposit on pit bull right now might be only chance to get a few days of non rigged online poker in
pooflinger is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 AM   #128
LadyHoldem
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 62
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

New as I am to posting on 2+2 ... I'll vouch for pitbullblows. He's did work for pitbull, and he is not anyone from pb.
LadyHoldem is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:43 AM   #129
Nofx Fan
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,632
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Yea, thanks lady. Just wanted to make sure because Dave said he was no longer gonna post, and didn't want someone who "looked" like they were on the players side yet could have been leading us in wrong directions. Adanthar pretty much stated they are different people, well he obv didn't say that but unique ip's can be one indication that they are different people.

By the way,thanks for joining this thread, Pitbullblows
Nofx Fan is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #130
pbdave
PitBull Poker Customer Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 160
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Hi,

I don't know if it is true or not that they could not access their HH, if it happened, it must have happened to everyone and must have been a tech issue I was not made aware of.

FYI I only use this one forum account, I don't need to fabricate other users and I don't need to pretend I am someone else. HOwever I could be thinking the same from existing users or others that have previously been banned for making false statements against us.

Regards,

Dave Brenes
Network Manager
Pitbull Poker
Pitbull Partners
pbdave is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #131
pitbullblows
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

If anyone is interested LadyH has pictures of the owners of PB
pitbullblows is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #132
chesterboy
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,021
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

pitbullblows, to your knowledge, is there only one company office in Costa Rica, or more than one?
chesterboy is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #133
Charlotte FatMan
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 758
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil S View Post
But still, hand histories were available until very recently, right? There should be enough data to confirm or deny more than just suspicions, right?

Spend more time writing about that than about what web servers are being used, seriously.
I tried to get hand histories and they showed me playing at limits like $200/$400 as well as $1/$2, and everything in between and yet, the highest stakes I ever played was $2/$5 and some tournaments.

When I requested specific HH's, I was told that I would have them ASAP. Then, it was 3 days, which turned into 7 days, etc.

Bottom line, the HH's never came and I cashed out from the site (luckily no problems getting my money). However, the FREE $10 sign-up bonus was never earned or credited and it was advertised as a bonus you didn't have to qualify for - simply $10 FREE for trying.

The site is BS and I'm glad I learned it early on and moved on.
Charlotte FatMan is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #134
thaaj
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 733
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdave View Post
Hi,

I don't know if it is true or not that they could not access their HH, if it happened, it must have happened to everyone and must have been a tech issue I was not made aware of.

FYI I only use this one forum account, I don't need to fabricate other users and I don't need to pretend I am someone else. HOwever I could be thinking the same from existing users or others that have previously been banned for making false statements against us.

Regards,

Dave Brenes
Network Manager
Pitbull Poker
Pitbull Partners
oh just a coincidence im sure....your site is done champ...look for a new job
thaaj is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #135
Charlotte FatMan
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 758
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdave View Post
Hi,

I don't know if it is true or not that they could not access their HH, if it happened, it must have happened to everyone and must have been a tech issue I was not made aware of.


Regards,

Dave Brenes
Network Manager
Pitbull Poker
Pitbull Partners
Dave, you have said on the other hreads that HH's are easy to retrieve, then you changed that stance to say that they are the responsibility of the tech department and are difficult to retrieve, and now you are acting as if there could be an issue you weren't aware of??

There are at least two posters who have corresponded with you over a lengthy period of time asking for HH's, and you given them both the run around.

A very simple question - Why is obtaining HH's so difficult, and why are they not being made available? Answer this question satisfactorily and a lot of the suspicions will be put at ease. So far, you've danced around the question and have changed the story several times.
Charlotte FatMan is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #136
pitbullblows
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterboy View Post
pitbullblows, to your knowledge, is there only one company office in Costa Rica, or more than one?
only one in costa rica, in other countries they are just on paper
pitbullblows is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #137
zingbust
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 437
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

As far as HH showing play at $400-$800 etc, those are the times you were playing tourneys.
zingbust is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #138
chesterboy
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,021
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

No I have many high stakes hands shown in my history that are not tournies. They are 2/5 nl hands recorded as everything from 400/800 to 5/10.
chesterboy is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #139
gateswi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gateswi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chill Shorty, let me do that
Posts: 11,427
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

I played on pitbull poker for 8 months, deposited there and everything.

I do not recommend playing there.
gateswi is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #140
Charlotte FatMan
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 758
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterboy View Post
No I have many high stakes hands shown in my history that are not tournies. They are 2/5 nl hands recorded as everything from 400/800 to 5/10.
That is the same thing I saw as well. It listed times I was playing at 1/2 as being 10/20 or 100/200, etc.

Everything there just seemed less than on the level and after one particularly poor session where strange calls were being made and I would lose everytime at showdown, I wanted some answers and they couldn't give it to me.

so, I left.
Charlotte FatMan is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #141
varsity629
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UES, NY
Posts: 850
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gateswi View Post
I played on pitbull poker for 8 months, deposited there and everything.

I do not recommend playing there.
A while ago I received an offer for a no-deposit bonus on Pitbull. All I had to do was sign up for a real money account and I would have the money deposited by a 3rd party.

After registering, I was prompted to deposit money on the site (normal), however the ONLY payment option they had available to me was Western Union. I didnt deposit any money obviously.

I then go to my poker specific email (which I used to register) and I have a message waiting for me from what looks to be Western Union. The email was telling me that I need to re-set my password for my account, and provided me a link to do so. I obviously do not click, and become super-suspicious because I never signed up for Western Union to begin with.

This has nothing really to do with your story, other than I believed they were running phishing scams as well, as I have no idea how else the Western Union connection could have been made through that particular email address, not to mention literally minutes after I had set up a real money account through them.

Dont mean to start any other rumors or such, but I have always wondered about that and when I attempted to speak to a poker rep that frequented another forum (pokerjunkie), I was ignored.

Last edited by varsity629; 07-27-2009 at 03:09 PM.
varsity629 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:12 PM   #142
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,608
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdave View Post
I could be thinking the same from existing users or others that have previously been banned for making false statements against us.
notice that no one's been banned for 'false statements' this time.
wiper is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:13 PM   #143
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,608
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Jere-dave, you are the violinist on the titanic.
wiper is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #144
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiper View Post
Jere-dave, you are the violinist on the SS Minnow.

fyp

Last edited by spadebidder; 07-27-2009 at 03:43 PM.
spadebidder is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #145
chesterboy
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,021
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Guys here is where we stand now:

I believe all relevant people and companies have have been identified.

If there was wrongdoing, I believe I should be hearing back from some people that can verify the stories, especially if the sweatshop story has any truth to it.

If there was no wrongdoing, I am now back in productive dialogue with Dave, and we should be able to verify these things in a somewhat timely manner.

I am sorry things had to get this unpleasant to get an appropriate reaction from pitbull. So far the only verified shortcomings of pitbull are poor communication and slow response times. Kevin, while having a questionable history has not yet been shown to have done anything wrong here. I too do not have a perfect past though it may not show up on the internet so easily. We can't condemn someone in this case for past wrongdoings.

They have been misleading regarding licenses but this is standard for the industry and not something I intend to pursue if there is no evidence of cheating on the site. I play in a state where poker is banned so it benefits me that some companies are willing to bend the law. Being that they are in Costa Rica it is possible they have not broken any laws.

Please lets keep things pleasant in the meantime, and I hope to have a solid resolution one way or the other in the near future.
chesterboy is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #146
Hadis
veteran
 
Hadis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pirate of the Mediterranean
Posts: 2,918
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadebidder View Post
Quote:
Jere-dave, you are the violinist on the USS Minnow.
fyp
Took me a google search but i loled.
Hadis is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #147
makeit3bets
old hand
 
makeit3bets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Rambling
Posts: 1,810
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterboy View Post
Guys here is where we stand now:

I believe all relevant people and companies have have been identified.

If there was wrongdoing, I believe I should be hearing back from some people that can verify the stories, especially if the sweatshop story has any truth to it.

If there was no wrongdoing, I am now back in productive dialogue with Dave, and we should be able to verify these things in a somewhat timely manner.

I am sorry things had to get this unpleasant to get an appropriate reaction from pitbull. So far the only verified shortcomings of pitbull are poor communication and slow response times. Kevin, while having a questionable history has not yet been shown to have done anything wrong here. I too do not have a perfect past though it may not show up on the internet so easily. We can't condemn someone in this case for past wrongdoings.

They have been misleading regarding licenses but this is standard for the industry and not something I intend to pursue if there is no evidence of cheating on the site. I play in a state where poker is banned so it benefits me that some companies are willing to bend the law. Being that they are in Costa Rica it is possible they have not broken any laws.

Please lets keep things pleasant in the meantime, and I hope to have a solid resolution one way or the other in the near future.
Is this a "they bribed me to shut up" or what
makeit3bets is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #148
chesterboy
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,021
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

No lol. They are being more cooperative now so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. I don't destroy the reputations of people and companies for fun. If they are innoncent they need to be given a fair chance to show it.
chesterboy is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #149
makeit3bets
old hand
 
makeit3bets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Rambling
Posts: 1,810
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterboy View Post
No lol. They are being more cooperative now so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. I don't destroy the reputations of people and companies for fun. If they are innoncent they need to be given a fair chance to show it.
Fair enough, comment withdrawn. Although I think the chance of the complete innocence of Pitbull is like 1% or less, and that all their excuses and hand history hiding and changes to the site pretty much spew guilt from all orifices.
makeit3bets is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #150
syndr0me
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,606
Re: Pitbull Poker potential cheating scandal

its kind of weird, that they remove their HHs, then a few days later are willing to speak more constructively, best of luck either way chester
syndr0me is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online