Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #951
mother_brain
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,695
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanDyer View Post
he didn't sleep in his breaks afaik
Yeah but do we know what blinds he was playing?
mother_brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #952
Quadstriker
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Quadstriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,253
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_brain View Post
Yeah but do we know what blinds he was playing?
Somewhere between 9/18 and 12/24 I think.
Quadstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #953
kinghippo423
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal, QC, CA
Posts: 423
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_brain View Post
Yeah but do we know what blinds he was playing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by segling
.
kinghippo423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #954
GloupnaktouK
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 749
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos View Post
Meh, if he can sleep it`s not interesting anymore. Dont ask why. I`m out...
This.

And yes, if I slept 1.5 hours every 18 hours, I could stay up way longer than that.
And to those ******s who are already typing "Why don't you do it then, huh??!!!", I don't give a damn about breaking that record and have better things to do with my time.
Also, that argument makes absolutely no sense at all.

He's a nice (really annoying) guy doing a promo stunt playing 10/20 live with more than a million $ BR.
Some people are recorded to have stayed up with no sleep at all for way longer than that (200+).

If the world record is because he's playing poker, people need to understand that playing 10/20 live for a guy like that doesn't require any brain processing/stress at all. He's just in auto-pilot, cruising his way to a world record no one's trying to break.

So: If he's taking full sleep cycle naps every 18 hours, it's a walk in the park not even worth mentioning.

If not, it's pretty good for a guy his age for sure, even though still not a world record.
GloupnaktouK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #955
D33P
old hand
 
D33P's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: grindin`town
Posts: 1,984
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

yada, yada.

you took it laak, congratz!
D33P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #956
1p0kerboy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 11,797
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloupnaktouK View Post
And to those ******s who are already typing "Why don't you do it then, huh??!!!", I don't give a damn about breaking that record and have better things to do with my time.
Like read about somebody else doing it and continuously participate in the ongoing discussion about it?
1p0kerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #957
kinghippo423
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal, QC, CA
Posts: 423
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

I hope he'll make the 2+2 PokerCast in the next few weeks to go through his experience.
kinghippo423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #958
keynes
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 896
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloupnaktouK View Post
This.

And yes, if I slept 1.5 hours every 18 hours, I could stay up way longer than that.
And to those ******s who are already typing "Why don't you do it then, huh??!!!", I don't give a damn about breaking that record and have better things to do with my time.
Also, that argument makes absolutely no sense at all.

He's a nice (really annoying) guy doing a promo stunt playing 10/20 live with more than a million $ BR.
Some people are recorded to have stayed up with no sleep at all for way longer than that (200+).

If the world record is because he's playing poker, people need to understand that playing 10/20 live for a guy like that doesn't require any brain processing/stress at all. He's just in auto-pilot, cruising his way to a world record no one's trying to break.

So: If he's taking full sleep cycle naps every 18 hours, it's a walk in the park not even worth mentioning.

If not, it's pretty good for a guy his age for sure, even though still not a world record.
Like writing long-winded explanations on an internet forum about how something somebody did is not as good as other people think it is?
keynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #959
othermotte
centurion
 
othermotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Posts: 151
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

I loved living through this vicariously, waking every morning London time and seeing Phil still there....sometimes abetted by Thuy...
....great job Phil and surprisingly entertaining....what are we going to do next ;-)
othermotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #960
Phil9
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,606
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

He must be sleeping well now.
Phil9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #961
one_sick_dude
journeyman
 
one_sick_dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 391
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

he crushed it
one_sick_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #962
In4apenny
journeyman
 
In4apenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 332
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

Besides Phil & Scotty - do you see anyone else familiar in this pic?

http://twitpic.com/1u2i32































raisy daisy...
In4apenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #963
meatballs
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 160
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

So thats where the fonz ended up
meatballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #964
ixispaceixi
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 137
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

GloupnaktouK just gut spanked. Pretty funny.
ixispaceixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #965
keynes
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 896
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

Quote:
Originally Posted by In4apenny View Post
Besides Phil & Scotty - do you see anyone else familiar in this pic?

http://twitpic.com/1u2i32

raisy daisy...
maybe 20 years ago...not him imo

...also the forum would be buzzing with stories if he was in town, no?
keynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #966
Phil9
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,606
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

Quote:
Originally Posted by In4apenny View Post
Besides Phil & Scotty - do you see anyone else familiar in this pic?

http://twitpic.com/1u2i32































raisy daisy...

Guess he is grinding out a bankroll at the 10/20s now.
Phil9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #967
GloupnaktouK
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 749
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by keynes View Post
Like writing long-winded explanations on an internet forum about how something somebody did is not as good as other people think it is?
Yes, and writing this took me about 125 hours.
I love the way people respond in this forum; first avoiding the point being made entirely, and then writing a response demonstrating the iq level of a female chimp.
Sorry for you if you can't keep yourself awake for more than 12 hours at a time or can't type more than 2 lines without getting a headache.

Good luck in life, ******s...
GloupnaktouK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #968
SquirrelsUnite
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,845
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by stueycal View Post
You could also argue that a power nap would actually hinder his progress. It's probably better he dosen't fall asleep at all. I doubt he would be achieving REM in a half hour
Wat? You never dreamed during 30 minute naps?
SquirrelsUnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #969
GloupnaktouK
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 749
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixispaceixi View Post
GloupnaktouK just gut spanked. Pretty funny.
spanked? No, I gut slaughtered, lol.
GloupnaktouK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #970
FrizzL
enthusiast
 
FrizzL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Posts: 66
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

Great website to keep in favorites
http://www.vegasdeluxe.com/

They have a little thing on Phil's record.
http://www.vegasdeluxe.com/blogs/lux...tounding-115-/

FrizzL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #971
justaspotter
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 27
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

Quote:
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session
Quote:
Originally Posted by stueycal View Post
You could also argue that a power nap would actually hinder his progress. It's probably better he dosen't fall asleep at all. I doubt he would be achieving REM in a half hour

Wat? You never dreamed during 30 minute naps?
You don't have to be in REM sleep to dream, but REM sleep has properties that make it more valuable, in a restorative sense, than other stages of sleep.
justaspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #972
Actionjunkie
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,032
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

Reasons I could not do this.

[x] I would suffer from sleep exhaustion
[x] The regulars would completely bust me so I would have to give up my seat.
Actionjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #973
fimman
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 376
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

He just woke up after 12 hours of sleep.
fimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #974
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,925
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

RealPhilLaak Woke up - had 2 bowls of cereal, then as an after thought had a ham sandwich. Thinking about going to play some 10/20 at the Bellagio.

he is an animal lol
parisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #975
Greeson08
adept
 
Greeson08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 822
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

id sleep atleast 18
Greeson08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive