Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2019, 10:11 AM   #3601
JohnCleese
old hand
 
JohnCleese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Caerdydd
Posts: 1,476
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Splash pot is great, works well as is, and is a lot of fun for everyone. Nice one Phil and team.
JohnCleese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:22 PM   #3602
dellerrrr
centurion
 
dellerrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 113
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

I like the Splash the Pot. There are certain recs who come to play on certain nights in my local casino for the splash the pot reasons alone so it can't be all that bad.
dellerrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #3603
bannanguard
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 300
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

any timeline on other deposit methods?
bannanguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:08 PM   #3604
White_Gatsby
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 590
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kep View Post
Another option may be to cap the size of the pot to the lowest stack at the table so that everyone gets the same price on the gamble.
This is probably the best idea I have read so far.

The big problem are stack sizes. If a few are deep and some others are sitting on 25-50bb, it's simply not fair, when 2 or more players have to put in 200+bb.

Either make it a freeroll, and just run a flip. Or as suggested above cap it at the lowest stack, that way nobody gets discriminated and it's all equal!

I'd prefer a flip in fact all splashes over 50bb should just be flips. Eliminates errors and also makes it more rec friendly.
White_Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:26 PM   #3605
patriots
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 895
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

never realized how many people post from other countries..why else should we have a non American poker site on 2plus2
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #3606
Phil Galfond
Run It Once's Benevolent Dictator
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,641
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCleese View Post
Splash pot is great, works well as is, and is a lot of fun for everyone. Nice one Phil and team.
Thanks, John

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannanguard View Post
any timeline on other deposit methods?
Trying as hard as we can to get crypto deposits going and we're still working on a few others.
Phil Galfond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:59 PM   #3607
Godlik
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Hi Phil.

I like to share my idea to apply on cash games.
The idea is making 2 types of game like we have on videogames nowdays.

The first type is for people who wants to have fun , very low timebanks, no multitable, maybe with antes , no huds, and people enter on a queue based on his level of skill.

The second type is for people who wants to play more serious (equivalent to ranked games in nowdays videogames) where the players have a very good rakeback system, prizes for who is the best , and people compete with each other to increase their rank in the competition.

And then we can have daily quests system where we could increase our rakeback when completed.

Best Regards Phil
Godlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:13 PM   #3608
TreadLightly
veteran
 
TreadLightly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Braving the cold known as Canadia
Posts: 2,314
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Forgot to update as well , I thought many features especially including splash the pot was very gimmicky upon hearing the ideas along the way, but after playing on the site I was definitely very wrong.

It is very straight forward and (splash the pot) is an excellent idea how it is and encourages gambling and fun. I think people saying stuff like splash not counting towards the pot or that we just get XYZ amount split out of the splashes and using it as an excuse to 'help recs' are being disingenuous or are ignorant.

As is, the skill cap for a rec to decide to gamble with any 2 or 4 cards to try to win the big splashes is fairly low and of course its a fun gamble. If you make it so its way more skill based recs will get an even lower % of rewards and be taken out of the game way quicker. If a rec only has a few buyins left think of how long that thought would stay with them if they win a 1000bb splashed pot or even partook in one instead of just dwindling down to no money trying to reach a rakeback goal on a different site.


One thing I was thinking about or maybe read that could be cool is that for the small to medium splash pots they play as is (or you could put them as a special prize to win the pot and indeed make it more skill based not counting towards the pot but its a small addition so won't make the hands play that much different) But for all of the 50bb+ splash pots (I would consider "big) make it so everyone is all in preflop for no $ and its actually a flip for the rakeback. (everyone all in with no money at risk to win the large splash in middle.) Down side of this is less gamble since you aren't losing anything or risking anything to win the splashes so I def prefer it as is as it keeps it a very unique feature and makes for those big clips on twitch.


Keep up the great work Phil/ RIO team !
TreadLightly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:45 PM   #3609
Phil Galfond
Run It Once's Benevolent Dictator
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,641
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreadLightly View Post
Forgot to update as well , I thought many features especially including splash the pot was very gimmicky upon hearing the ideas along the way, but after playing on the site I was definitely very wrong.

It is very straight forward and (splash the pot) is an excellent idea how it is and encourages gambling and fun. I think people saying stuff like splash not counting towards the pot or that we just get XYZ amount split out of the splashes and using it as an excuse to 'help recs' are being disingenuous or are ignorant.

As is, the skill cap for a rec to decide to gamble with any 2 or 4 cards to try to win the big splashes is fairly low and of course its a fun gamble. If you make it so its way more skill based recs will get an even lower % of rewards and be taken out of the game way quicker. If a rec only has a few buyins left think of how long that thought would stay with them if they win a 1000bb splashed pot or even partook in one instead of just dwindling down to no money trying to reach a rakeback goal on a different site.


One thing I was thinking about or maybe read that could be cool is that for the small to medium splash pots they play as is (or you could put them as a special prize to win the pot and indeed make it more skill based not counting towards the pot but its a small addition so won't make the hands play that much different) But for all of the 50bb+ splash pots (I would consider "big) make it so everyone is all in preflop for no $ and its actually a flip for the rakeback. (everyone all in with no money at risk to win the large splash in middle.) Down side of this is less gamble since you aren't losing anything or risking anything to win the splashes so I def prefer it as is as it keeps it a very unique feature and makes for those big clips on twitch.


Keep up the great work Phil/ RIO team !
You said a lot of things that I've been thinking

I think a lot of concerns about STP have come from people who haven't tried it and/or people who think STP is good for them but are claiming other player types won't like it.

I agree regarding big splashes, btw, and we're working on some ideas - they will take a while, though.

I really appreciate you sharing that you've changed your mind since playing. Thank you!
Phil Galfond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #3610
gay_on_tse
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 605
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Make splashes 40bb or bigger and straight flip.

Cap splash pot idea is good but maybe too confusing to recs.
gay_on_tse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:42 PM   #3611
White_Gatsby
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 590
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

When plo20? Nobody at plo4 atm, so when plo20?

When can we see how much we have raked and how much rake back we have made?
White_Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:58 AM   #3612
Omaha6betAI
enthusiast
 
Omaha6betAI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 57
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Gatsby View Post
When plo20? Nobody at plo4 atm, so when plo20?

When can we see how much we have raked and how much rake back we have made?
"click on your screen name in the lobby and then click on account from the dropdown menu"
Omaha6betAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:11 PM   #3613
Sparkyyy
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 103
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Is there going to be extra rb? Something like a rakerace would do. Regs need more than this man!
Sparkyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:13 PM   #3614
White_Gatsby
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 590
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha6betAI View Post
"click on your screen name in the lobby and then click on account from the dropdown menu"
It doesn't show how much you have raked or how much RB you have received.
White_Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:44 PM   #3615
UWantSomeHam
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 27
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Loving the experience so far, but is anyone else getting a separate extra charge of foreign currency in there bank statements? Would love more detail on the client on how much rake I have invested as well. Also as a micro stakes player it kind of bugs be if I bomb and have 3.99 left in my account its basically useless until I top up again. I understand its just Beta right now I'm just curious if there are any plans to utilize the entirety of the money I've invested in the client no matter how small.

Really loving this splash the pot concept

Also, MTT's anytime soon?

Last edited by UWantSomeHam; 02-14-2019 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Another Question
UWantSomeHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:31 PM   #3616
carl_sebastian
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 34
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

The gross rake is a bit high for my taste, there are cheaper alternatives at NL4.

Splash the pot is great but i would prefer it being limited to maybe 10BB and having big splashes go directly to the last person winning the pot.

I still want to join but i live in sweden, i will try to join the StreamR program and get some views.
carl_sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:13 PM   #3617
Doc89
old hand
 
Doc89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,661
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Idea: what if it was only revealed that a pot is being splashed after the flop?

-kind of solves the problem of 'everyone' wanting to jam pre in big splashes, since presumably most people will have folded pre.. but remaining players will still probably jam

-Would encourage people to play more hands preflop, making games more interesting and enjoyable for rec players?
Doc89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:21 PM   #3618
ShowMeUrAce
grinder
 
ShowMeUrAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 489
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Any timeline when swiss people will be allowed to play on RIO ?
Any plan to get a license here or not in your plans at all ?
ShowMeUrAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:18 AM   #3619
weaktightreg
centurion
 
weaktightreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 132
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

its not easy to enter individual license markets with small player base for any new "gambling" companies that do not have costumers at that place already(e.g. stars).
90% of those countries banned are asking for insane amounts of money+terms(compared to what they give) in order to let them just operate there.

if people only knew their own country laws most of country questions would stop...


wonder who votes for those governments? dont be one of them
weaktightreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:53 AM   #3620
hidequick
grinder
 
hidequick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Trapping with 22 since 2012
Posts: 444
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc89 View Post
Idea: what if it was only revealed that a pot is being splashed after the flop?

-kind of solves the problem of 'everyone' wanting to jam pre in big splashes, since presumably most people will have folded pre.. but remaining players will still probably jam

-Would encourage people to play more hands preflop, making games more interesting and enjoyable for rec players?
this takes the gambling out of the equation and still gives RB
hidequick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:21 AM   #3621
PUezMoney
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 64
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Do you guys really not understand that more gambling is the actual point of spashed pots?
PUezMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:09 PM   #3622
White_Gatsby
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 590
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

I don't mind some gamble, well actually there is enough gamble at my game PLO. But people are going crazy in 5bb splash pots, kind of defeats the purpose of "everybody gets 51% rake back".

PLO is already very swingy and high variance but this just makes it that much harder on your bankroll.
Sure it might add some excitement to NL, but for other games I am not sure we need the added variance.

Can say without doubt that I'd rather not have splashes. Have tried it Phil, I don't like it. If you must then at least split it and give something like 35% standard and the rest in STP.
White_Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:20 PM   #3623
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,161
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Gatsby View Post
I don't mind some gamble, well actually there is enough gamble at my game PLO. But people are going crazy in 5bb splash pots, kind of defeats the purpose of "everybody gets 51% rake back".

PLO is already very swingy and high variance but this just makes it that much harder on your bankroll.
Sure it might add some excitement to NL, but for other games I am not sure we need the added variance.

Can say without doubt that I'd rather not have splashes. Have tried it Phil, I don't like it. If you must then at least split it and give something like 35% standard and the rest in STP.
You are right that it doesn't give everybody 51% rakeback, it actually gives winning players more than 51% and losers less than 51% due to edge in (splashed) pots
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:39 PM   #3624
Xenoblade
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,860
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

people who don't like splash pots are giant nits
Xenoblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:42 PM   #3625
jojobordello
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 153
Re: Phil Galfond to Start a Poker Site (Launched - Support thread open in Internet Poker forum)

Theres been lots of action and its been really fun so far. The splash pots are awesome.

My perception may be biased cause I've been running pure and i got splashed 300 BB at NL100 and took it down lol
jojobordello is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online