Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #326
RIVERED4MYBANKROLL
journeyman
 
RIVERED4MYBANKROLL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 364
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

Obviously the magnitude of the horizontal velocity component is a factor in the cat making the jump. For example, if the cat was somehow flying through the air at 150 miles per hour it would clearly go past the counter and smash into the wall. Whilst that doesn't prove the cat DID make the jump, it proves that people saying it's impossible are wrong to make that assertion since whilst we have graphic evidence of the angle of trajectory we still have insufficient information to accurately determine the horizontal velocity and thus the outcome.
RIVERED4MYBANKROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #327
RIVERED4MYBANKROLL
journeyman
 
RIVERED4MYBANKROLL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 364
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

lol. all objects fall down to earth at the same speed under the influence of gravity in the absence of air resistance which can be neglected in this instance.

how do explain a baseball that flies so far in the air... Why doesn't "vertical velocity force it down too fast"? The baseball falls downward at the same speed as the cat but because it's initial horizontal velocity component is so great it travels a long distance.

etc etc
RIVERED4MYBANKROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #328
PokerStarSteve
adept
 
PokerStarSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 934
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwilder10 View Post
the horizontal velocity doesnt matter because the vertical velocity is forcing him down too fast and is independent of the horizontal velocity
this statement cannot be verified or falsified by the picture

namely because we don't know his horizontal velocity
PokerStarSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #329
Mrage
Pooh-Bah
 
Mrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,911
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

Cat made the jump, 100% confirmed
Mrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #330
Ghost_Castle
newbie
 
Ghost_Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: look in the mirror,you'll see a nit
Posts: 48
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

Cases87,you are killing me.
trying not to lol in front of customers to no avail.
great work.
Ghost_Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #331
9:15
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: One Step Beyond
Posts: 481
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwilder10 View Post
the horizontal velocity doesnt matter because the vertical velocity is forcing him down too fast and is independent of the horizontal velocity
I disagree.

The vertical component is measured at 9.8 meters per second per second (or 32 feet per second per second for my fellow Americans). So the question is how far horzontally the cat can travel before he runs out of time. And we don't have enough information to answer that.

Since the cat himself says he made it and nobody else here who knows the horizontal component, why are we questioning him?
9:15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #332
Johny Poker
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 147
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

Johny Poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #333
HouseCat
stranger
 
HouseCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9:15 View Post

Since the cat himself says he made it and nobody else here who knows the horizontal component, why are we questioning him?
QFT. The jump wasn't even difficult.
HouseCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #334
David123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
David123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Switching to pulsating light
Posts: 8,817
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny Poker View Post
lol.
David123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #335
sh00ter
banned
 
sh00ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,279
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

confirmed cat did not make jump

sh00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #336
ActionJeff
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ActionJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,653
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

This somehow got brought up w/my sister and she said (w/no knowledge of the cat) that she had seen a picture with the same about to fail title of a cat jumping over the counter, and crashing over the other side. She said the cat was an orange striped housecat =O
ActionJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:00 PM   #337
Anonimiss
journeyman
 
Anonimiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 298
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh00ter View Post
confirmed cat did not make jump

hmmm.. i definitely thought it would have made it....good thread
Anonimiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:10 AM   #338
MYMESSIAH
adept
 
MYMESSIAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Seven Seas of Ryhe
Posts: 1,154
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
That cat is so gonna make that leap, in fact id put money on it im so confident.

Rest of thread is a bore.
No cats gonna fall for sure
MYMESSIAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:23 AM   #339
ChattanoogaPoker
banned
 
ChattanoogaPoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 249
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

ChattanoogaPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:45 AM   #340
Scrumbine
journeyman
 
Scrumbine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In position
Posts: 336
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

Is the housecats name Bucklox?

I wonder what Selvester the cat thinks.

Im also thinking only a nit would bet he did not make it. Reguarless of what seems like a favorite in this situation, only some form of nit logic could not go for it. My money says he makes it, becuase if nothing else, we have to belive this thread is here for some reason. If not nits or beliveing in cats, its prop bets, and my money is on the jump. Cuz Im not a nit.

P.S., I are serious cat is one of the best pics I have ever seen.

............................................

Last edited by Scrumbine; 03-23-2009 at 04:08 AM.
Scrumbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:04 AM   #341
Rhythms
adept
 
Rhythms's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: uci
Posts: 1,033
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
Cats dont miss jumps, fact.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjdvpHBNfo4
Rhythms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:50 AM   #342
moki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
moki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 8,051
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

Ah yes, but does the seal make it?

moki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:05 AM   #343
ben wb
veteran
 
ben wb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,622
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

That's about the 20th time someone has posted the cat jumping on to the paper and it's already been explained that the cat jumped to where it wanted to go but didn't realise the paper couldn't support it's weight.

These are difficult jumps but the cat still easily makes it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Wft...eature=related.
ben wb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #344
fxwacgesvrhdtf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaahan View Post
?
bump
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #345
kellykip
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 152
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

I think the cat will make it
kellykip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #346
Vince.
old hand
 
Vince.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,620
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

I don't think the cat's back legs will be able to make it onto the counter, thus is will fail.
Vince. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #347
J0hny
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
J0hny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,398
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

Perhaps he is right
J0hny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #348
harrythepro
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MEXICO, Pootah!
Posts: 512
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

does anyone have anymore information about the cat, a bio or something? thanks!
harrythepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #349
frostitute
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 58
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit" jman220/Edit: Will The Cat Make The Jump?

did the cat die?
frostitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #350
Jetto
banned
 
Jetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NBA
Posts: 10,888
Re: PA calls Jman "worlds biggest nit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseCat View Post
Relax guys, I made the jump. It was np.

there really is no argument IMO
Jetto is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive