Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #4451
HelloDeli
grinder
 
HelloDeli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: School of life.
Posts: 487
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Jane View Post
Isildur can celebrate how the **** he wants he is special.
Viktor isn't a ******. Why would you say that?
HelloDeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #4452
molinn9
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,632
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

I know you nvg micro donks dont understand what it is to show a class. Ivey would never ever act like that after giving someone horrendous beat. It was horrible behaviour from Blom just a fact.
molinn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #4453
Juve9le
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 25
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by molinn9 View Post
I know you nvg micro donks dont understand what it is to show a class. Ivey would never ever act like that after giving someone horrendous beat. It was horrible behaviour from Blom just a fact.
[
Juve9le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #4454
peterpjames
Pooh-Bah
 
peterpjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,833
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

It would have been better reaction if it had been vs Hastings
peterpjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #4455
MathKev
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasCT View Post
I think you don't have to be there to know schwartz was even more excited then blom about the hand and he probably came up to him and highfived.

this pokernews pic supports what i'm saying...

No it doesn't.

HTF, can you come to that conclusion? Seriously??
MathKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #4456
KansasCT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KansasCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Kansas City Shuffle
Posts: 9,922
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathKev View Post
No it doesn't.

HTF, can you come to that conclusion? Seriously??
have you ever watched blom play live?
the guy won the freaking super high roller for 1 mil. + and didn't even fist pump.

anyways, I read what I said and it sounded I KNEW what happened. I was just trying to say what I thought really happened.
KansasCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #4457
ben wb
veteran
 
ben wb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,622
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by moki View Post
No, rivering a 1-outer is not how most players take down a mixed game tournament.
Do I really have to spell it out to you? Whoever wins this tournament is going to have ran very hot to do so, it doesn't matter whether it's Phil Ivey, that's how tournaments work. Nobody has ever won a bracelet without getting lucky and they're not even in the money yet, so there are likely to be several more pivotal pots than this one. Blom is not chip leader just because of this pot, he was already in the top 10 chips anyway and lets be honest if anyone deserves to run well in a crucial all-in pot it's Blom - he does have the record for running the most below all-in ev in an online session.
ben wb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #4458
Erref Mecul
banned
 
Erref Mecul's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 212
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasCT View Post
have you ever watched blom play live?
the guy won the freaking super high roller for 1 mil. + and didn't even fist pump.

anyways, I read what I said and it sounded I KNEW what happened. I was just trying to say what I thought really happened.
Erref Mecul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #4459
MonsterJMcgee
veteran
 
MonsterJMcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,019
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by molinn9 View Post
I know you nvg micro donks dont understand what it is to show a class. Ivey would never ever act like that after giving someone horrendous beat. It was horrible behaviour from Blom just a fact.
LOL people celebrate at someone else's expense in every remotely competitive arena. You could make the same argument in any sport/competition that the victor shouldn't celebrate something that's unfortunate for the loser, but luckily for the vast majority of planet earth, not everyone is hypersensitive and on the verge of tears at any given moment. It's really not a big deal.

Also you have the worst avatar on 2p2

Last edited by MonsterJMcgee; 06-27-2012 at 10:53 AM. Reason: also note the pun
MonsterJMcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #4460
Old Bean
grinder
 
Old Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Panopticon
Posts: 559
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by emyoueffsee View Post
This is so weird cos that BAIDS dude was in the English premier league forum yesterday and his avatar and comments were tilting me up majorly too.Glad to know it's not only me.Didn't even realise his avatar was Karl pilkington even though I've seen the show a few times.lol.
And 'BAIDS' is presumably a reference to Brass Eye.

Go Isildur.
Old Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #4461
moki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
moki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 8,051
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben wb View Post
Do I really have to spell it out to you? Whoever wins this tournament is going to have ran very hot to do so, it doesn't matter whether it's Phil Ivey, that's how tournaments work. Nobody has ever won a bracelet without getting lucky and they're not even in the money yet, so there are likely to be several more pivotal pots than this one. Blom is not chip leader just because of this pot, he was already in the top 10 chips anyway and lets be honest if anyone deserves to run well in a crucial all-in pot it's Blom - he does have the record for running the most below all-in ev in an online session.
Obviously you have to get lucky to win a tournament. derp.

However, regardless of how good Isildur1 is at NLHE/PLO, he's playing against a jacked field of players that are experts at every game being played, and he has very little experience with the vast majority of the games being played.

Mixed game tourneys are difficult to take down if you're not extremely proficient with all of the games; the rest of the field is.

Thus my statement implying that the guy is going to have to hit 1 outers with regularity to take it down against this field (e.g., get extremely lucky beyond the normal tourney run good needed). You're delusional if you think otherwise.

However, as I said earlier, it'd be amazing as well as hilarious if he took this tourney down.
moki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #4462
Old Bean
grinder
 
Old Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Panopticon
Posts: 559
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasCT View Post
I'm sure the body language says something about someone's personal hygiene, there.
Old Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #4463
KansasCT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KansasCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Kansas City Shuffle
Posts: 9,922
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erref Mecul View Post
KansasCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #4464
Erref Mecul
banned
 
Erref Mecul's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 212
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasCT View Post
love this gif, lmao
Erref Mecul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #4465
ben wb
veteran
 
ben wb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,622
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by moki View Post
Obviously you have to get lucky to win a tournament. derp.

However, regardless of how good Isildur1 is at NLHE/PLO, he's playing against a jacked field of players that are experts at every game being played, and he has very little experience with the vast majority of the games being played.

Mixed game tourneys are difficult to take down if you're not extremely proficient with all of the games; the rest of the field is.

Thus my statement implying that the guy is going to have to hit 1 outers with regularity to take it down against this field (e.g., get extremely lucky beyond the normal tourney run good needed). You're delusional if you think otherwise.

However, as I said earlier, it'd be amazing as well as hilarious if he took this tourney down.
Blom obviously has a great poker mind. Players like Ivey and Antonius have also managed to become very good at games they've barely played extremely quickly just because they have an innate understanding of poker which is enough to make up for any technical leaks they have, I'm sure he's the same, as well as having a big edge in the NL and PLO rounds. I don't think he would have to get any luckier than most of the other players in the field to win and I certainly don't think that the entire rest of the field are experts in EVERY game. A number of them are horse specialists who are far weaker in NL and PLO. You really shouldn't accuse anyone of being delusional by the way.

Last edited by ben wb; 06-27-2012 at 11:17 AM.
ben wb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #4466
peterc1992
old hand
 
peterc1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,384
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbuennico View Post
WTF ? I woke up seeing Blom in the chiplead of the 8 game 50k ?
Was it pure luck ?
He just learned those games right now or did he play 'em before ?
We can see he got very lucky but it was a cooler.So you cant fault him.

Even those its his first time to play such a huge 8 game tourny and we know he doesnt have as much exp as the rest(mizrachi,hellmuth,ivey etc.) but he is clearly an intelligent fella who has a talent for player cards so he can take these games up very quickly.

He may be running just extremely well but fair play to him,he seems to be playing decent too.
peterc1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #4467
nintendere
veteran
 
nintendere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LOL Austria
Posts: 3,244
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

I wanna bet on PH outlasting Blom in this tourney? Anyone willing to give me odds on this?
nintendere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #4468
moki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
moki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 8,051
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben wb View Post
Blom obviously has a great poker mind. Players like Ivey and Antonius have also managed to become very good at games they've barely played extremely quickly just because they have an innate understanding of poker which is enough to make up for any technical leaks they have, I'm sure he's the same, as well as having a big edge in the NL and PLO rounds. I don't think he would have to get any luckier than most of the other players in the field to win and I certainly don't think that the entire rest of the field are extremely proficient in EVERY game. A number of them are horse specialists who are far weaker in NL and PLO. You really shouldn't accuse anyone of being delusional by the way.
Fanboys gonna fanboy, I guess. Carry on.
moki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #4469
David123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
David123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Switching to pulsating light
Posts: 8,816
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by molinn9 View Post
I know you nvg micro donks dont understand what it is to show a class. Ivey would never ever act like that after giving someone horrendous beat. It was horrible behaviour from Blom just a fact.
no. ofc he can celebrate with his friend.
David123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #4470
peterc1992
old hand
 
peterc1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,384
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzyB123 View Post
Totally agree with this. I like Blom a lot but that was a bit too much IMO.
I agree to an extent.People complained about that guy who sucked out on ivey last week.It wasnt about his bad he played by shipping the 6-2 but how he reacted afterwards that this thread was so pissed about.Its the same here except its blom so people are a bit more hesitant to criticise him.
peterc1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #4471
ben wb
veteran
 
ben wb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,622
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by moki View Post
Fanboys gonna fanboy, I guess. Carry on.
Pathetic.
ben wb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #4472
SuperSwag
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,343
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterc1992 View Post
I agree to an extent.People complained about that guy who sucked out on ivey last week.It wasnt about his bad he played by shipping the 6-2 but how he reacted afterwards that this thread was so pissed about.Its the same here except its blom so people are a bit more hesitant to criticise him.
Wrong. That 62 guy was way out of line. getting it bad against a man about to make history at his 5th final table.

Viktor has never gone deeP in a wsop event before and has been running bad this year so its hard not to imagine he was excited.

Blom was out of line but hes just a kid plus he actually had a good and coolered someone, 62 is just a donk hand.
SuperSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #4473
1ns71nct
banned
 
1ns71nct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,415
So current chip count and remaining players?
1ns71nct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #4474
Jarpin
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 106
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ns71nct View Post
So current chip count and remaining players?
http://www.pokernews.com/live-report...-championship/
Jarpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #4475
eazygoing
Hand Historian
 
eazygoing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,373
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasCT View Post
quoting for epic lolz....i thought the laptop gif was great but
eazygoing is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive