Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #3701
leolauzon
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 662
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

So I'm guessing Hellmuth is out of the 10k PLO even though I didn't see any update about it and his twitter feed doesn't mention it. I would think that Hellmuth busting out would deserve a mention.
leolauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #3702
MauvaisOeil
adept
 
MauvaisOeil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: railing FTW
Posts: 915
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdivia10 View Post
this...the cheering of americans is literally crap compared to latin americans and europeans, not only in poker

just an awesome example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p170mCnL0mM


you mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc6kY2Zb2sc

or probably

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GvTHiXajgI
MauvaisOeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #3703
Lazy-Maze
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 305
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by barradri View Post
You do realize that two of them were James Akenhead and Chris Moorman don't you. 100% sure they don't live with their parents.
I've seen the group photos after McCorkell's win, it's like an audition for extras on The Big Bang Theory.


Quote:
Originally Posted by barradri View Post
Brits have passion Yanks don't simple fact, even the commentary team said that.
I am British, and one mans passion is another mans annoying drunken behavior I guess, I view the intoxicated louts who act like idiots in my town center every Friday + Saturday night as scumbags but I suppose from now on I should see it as them merely being passionate.
Lazy-Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #3704
!BEWARE!
banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 38
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

not sure why the rail yesterday was drinking booze out of their shoes. Pretty gross and ******o
!BEWARE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #3705
Lazy-Maze
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 305
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdivia10 View Post
these are true fans. this is one example which is pretty standard in europe and south america. i don't see americans doing not nearly close to this is basketball, football or baseball. They just sit there clapping there hands
Comparing football and basketball to poker is ridiculous, poker isn't an athletic team sport played in purpose built stadiums for thousands of spectators to watch for a start.
Lazy-Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #3706
!BEWARE!
banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 38
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdivia10 View Post
this...the cheering of americans is literally crap compared to latin americans and europeans, not only in poker

just an awesome example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p170mCnL0mM

these are true fans. this is one example which is pretty standard in europe and south america. i don't see americans doing not nearly close to this is basketball, football or baseball. They just sit there clapping there hands
pick your poison scrub. Go watch a bosox game or a yanks game. Bosox fans sing a song during EVERY game where the entire stadium is on their feet dancing and singing. Look at hockey fans.

you fail
!BEWARE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #3707
Valdivia10
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 590
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy-Maze View Post
Comparing football and basketball to poker is ridiculous, poker isn't an athletic team sport played in purpose built stadiums for thousands of spectators to watch for a start.
no im not comparing football to poker. Im just comparing the cheering and support in american sports with soccer (worldwide sport), and it reflexes in poker because of the culture
Valdivia10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #3708
!BEWARE!
banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 38
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdivia10 View Post
no im not comparing football to poker. Im just comparing the cheering and support in american sports with soccer (worldwide sport), and it reflexes in poker because of the culture
yawn. Go watch an NHL playoffs game scrub

just want to add tardo for u to know that one is a world wide sport and one is an american sports and youre comparing them... tell me you didnt pass grade 3
!BEWARE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #3709
Valdivia10
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 590
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by !BEWARE! View Post
pick your poison scrub. Go watch a bosox game or a yanks game. Bosox fans sing a song during EVERY game where the entire stadium is on their feet dancing and singing. Look at hockey fans.

you fail
like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1UI1...feature=relmfu

dont think so

ive seen basketball games and baseball games live and its not even close. Basketball fans are pretty pathetic actually, i mean i love the game, but all they sing is "D-FENCE" tchatchatcha "D-FENCE"

pretty lame
Valdivia10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #3710
MissBlondie
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by !BEWARE! View Post
not sure why the rail yesterday was drinking booze out of their shoes. Pretty gross and ******o
That's the way the Brits do it. Saves on washing glasses. I would laugh if one of the little wankers was admitted to Sunrise hospital for acute alcohol
poisoning.
MissBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #3711
Omapa
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 235
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Yes, we don't have people being trampled or crushed to death at our sports events here in the U.S.. Somehow that sucks in the eyes of Europe and South America I guess. LOL Just not enough passion I guess. Making an ass of yourself is just so much cooler.
Omapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #3712
GazzyB123
Pooh-Bah
 
GazzyB123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yer maw
Posts: 5,174
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Can we stop this US vs UK stuff now please? It's clogging up the thread.
GazzyB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #3713
!BEWARE!
banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 38
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdivia10 View Post
like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1UI1...feature=relmfu

dont think so

ive seen basketball games and baseball games live and its not even close. Basketball fans are pretty pathetic actually, i mean i love the game, but all they sing is "D-FENCE" tchatchatcha "D-FENCE"

pretty lame
ya sadly north americans have a little more common sense not to kill each other and injure others in a way of celebration. Im not going to pretend it doesnt happen here because it has..please see vancouver riots but for the most part we try not to kill each other like its normal

most basketball fans arent as passionate just like im sure some sprota in your country arent. NHL is and so is football.

Please refer to this video where everyone is having fun and not killing each other. And this isnt even the NFL but college/university games here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGoK4...eature=related

or here at :50 & 1:35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tODlP...eature=related
!BEWARE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #3714
Valdivia10
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 590
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by !BEWARE! View Post
ya sadly north americans have a little more common sense not to kill each other and injure others in a way of celebration. Im not going to pretend it doesnt happen here because it has..please see vancouver riots but for the most part we try not to kill each other like its normal

most basketball fans arent as passionate just like im sure some sprota in your country arent. NHL is and so is football.

Please refer to this video where everyone is having fun and not killing each other. And this isnt even the NFL but college/university games here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGoK4...eature=related

or here at :50 & 1:35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tODlP...eature=related
cool but they only start "jumping around" once the audio in the stadium anounces that thats what they have to do now, like a bunch of sheep
Valdivia10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #3715
NoMeansYes_
Pooh-Bah
 
NoMeansYes_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,509
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzyB123 View Post
Can we stop this US vs UK stuff now please? It's clogging up the thread.
Yeah totally with you bro, these damn americans are clogging up the thread!
NoMeansYes_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #3716
!BEWARE!
banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 38
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdivia10 View Post
cool but they only start "jumping around" once the audio in the stadium anounces that thats what they have to do now, like a bunch of sheep
another sick fail. That is their team song. and again only college university teams here and at :46 it cleary shows nothing but the song starting

swing and a miss

Last edited by !BEWARE!; 06-22-2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: ill stop derailing the thread but stop hating just to troll
!BEWARE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #3717
Biggy333x
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 269
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBlondie View Post
Cheering is fine. Getting drunk is fine. Spitting up beer and acting like disgusting slobs is NOT fine. Which is why security was called and the slobs were escorted out. So people complaining are not "jus jelly." Get over it.
That must've been someone else "wasting" beer. Even when the Brits plastic cups split they put it in their shoe and drink it rather than waste it?
Biggy333x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #3718
xalas
◄Valar Morghulis
 
xalas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The House of Black and White
Posts: 5,663
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzyB123 View Post
Can we stop this US vs UK stuff now please? It's clogging up the thread.
agree , nothing wrong with a rivalry or friendly jabs but I hate idiotic nationalism

just say what you like or don't like without defaming a nation because you don't like something that was done by a small group
xalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #3719
barradri
veteran
 
barradri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Teaching rich kids in Cairo
Posts: 2,258
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy-Maze View Post
I am British, and one mans passion is another mans annoying drunken behavior I guess, I view the intoxicated louts who act like idiots in my town center every Friday + Saturday night as scumbags but I suppose from now on I should see it as them merely being passionate.
I agree and Im totally with you on this and I avoid many parts of London on a night out for this reason.
However you have to remember that a lot of people probably had a lot of money riding on Roberto and Chris (would bet that Moorman backs them both) so passions are always going to be slightly higher. If I went on a night out knowing that im actually going to make money rather than spend it I would probably have a few to many sherbets. Its not like they were kicking off outside whetherspoons over some drunk tart.

oh and what gazzy said
barradri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #3720
moki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
moki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 8,051
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzyB123 View Post
Can we stop this US vs UK stuff now please? It's clogging up the thread.
^^ this

No one with a brain GAF
moki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #3721
serio562
Pooh-Bah
 
serio562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,528
Start your own US v. Brit fan thread. They are both lame anyways, jk.

Whats going on at WSOP?
serio562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #3722
AKingdom
Pooh-Bah
 
AKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Range Mergers and Acquisitions
Posts: 3,511
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

$2,500 Eight-Game Mix - 2 players remain.
$1,500 NL - 21 players remain.
$10k PLO - 88 players remain.

The final table of the PLO will play down tomorrow.
AKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #3723
barradri
veteran
 
barradri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Teaching rich kids in Cairo
Posts: 2,258
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by serio562 View Post
Start your own US v. Brit fan thread. They are both lame anyways, jk.

Whats going on at WSOP?
Not much bunch of boozed up brits apparently drinking vimto out of shoes


Jk have no idea
barradri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #3724
!BEWARE!
banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 38
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

um hey guys it was 2-3 hours since anyone said anything about each others fans. Please let it go and talk poker instead of derailing the thread and telling people to stop talking about it when in fact it was over a long time ago.

Has Jamie gold stopped playing the wsop
!BEWARE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #3725
AKingdom
Pooh-Bah
 
AKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Range Mergers and Acquisitions
Posts: 3,511
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Pokernews has Jens Kyllönen listed twice in the chip counts, once with 47k chips and once with 80k chips. Oops.
AKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive