Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 04:13 AM   #201
katie75013
Grindette
 
katie75013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rosarito/Vegas/NJ
Posts: 2,023
Re: WTF is going on with Chad Batista???

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTrav View Post
I have always looked up to this kid in the past. He has mad poker skills.

But recently things have changed. I have him on my Facebook and he is posting some seriously ignorant crap! Talking about suicide and how he hates life because he can't afford to goto Costa Rica to play online poker or some crap. He says he is going to lose his car and apartment and will be living on the streets of Vegas soon??

WTF???
Maybe you haven't heard.
On April 15, 2011 the US govt shut down online poker and a lot of people lost their bank rolls and a majority of their net worth.
Shall I continue?
katie75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:46 AM   #202
aroyalshark
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: space
Posts: 311
Re: Whats the most hands played in one month ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav800 View Post
Chiren is the biggest time-waster and thinks-crappy-achievements-are-good-errrr in the world.

Therefore, Chiren has the record for the most hands in a month. I think he grinded 10c/25c for 16hrs/day.

Or RS0303 (i think?) who was a $1.10 DoN grinder on stars.... used to 96 table for 16hrs/day. Stars even went to his house and verified him. There's a thread about him somewhere on 2p2.
96 table for 16hrs a day WTF thats crazy
aroyalshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #203
filipinia888
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 106
Re: *** Official Short questions and answers/small topics thread ***

Anyone noticed that there are no HUSNG regular speed anymore?
PS might have a server restart but there are no announcements.

OH sorry .. there is a sever restart. .

Last edited by filipinia888; 08-30-2011 at 05:14 AM.
filipinia888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #204
xTrav
banned
 
xTrav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 280
Re: WTF is going on with Chad Batista???

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTrav View Post
I have always looked up to this kid in the past. He has mad poker skills.

But recently things have changed. I have him on my Facebook and he is posting some seriously ignorant crap! Talking about suicide and how he hates life because he can't afford to goto Costa Rica to play online poker or some crap. He says he is going to lose his car and apartment and will be living on the streets of Vegas soon??

WTF???
Well, according to Chad's Facebook status, he doesn't seem too happy that I posted this here.

Honestly, I don't give a crap. The dude was sounding suicidal and out of his mind. If I can bring attention to someone who is suicidal or headed down the path of destruction and it ends up saving their life then I will gladly continue to do it all day everyday.
xTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #205
fakekidpoker
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 395
The story of Doug Lee

Hello there,

I'm sort of new to the poker internet community and to 2+2 and was just wondering what exactly is the story of doug lee? Why is he so "popular" on here.

There really isn't much on him... but from what I can gather... is it pretty much.

1. Got Lucky won an event.

2. Got really full of himself and thus turned into a toolbox?

It is just what makes him so special over other bad players in the spotlight like Moneymaker (got i hate this man) and Jean-Robert Bellande?

Also P.S who has 2+2 got more material out of? Him or Huggins?
fakekidpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #206
EYESCREW
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
EYESCREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irrational Lakers lover
Posts: 11,559
Re: The story of Doug Lee

You could have just posted a picture of a tool box and that would have pretty much told the whole story.


Something about a picture being worth a thousand words or whatever...
EYESCREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #207
fakekidpoker
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 395
Re: The story of Doug Lee

=/

Tell me more...
fakekidpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:59 AM   #208
Marcoam
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 15
How are so many of the top online players SO young?

I'm a guy in my late 20s. I didn't discover online poker or poker at all until the 2004 World Series and thats when i started playing it. I would say the majority of people that got into poker at all was because of moneymaker/fossilman on espn. I know most people who play online are usually young, but i'm very shocked at how extremely young many of these kids are. I'm checking out the forum here and it seems like many good players here mentioned they started playing poker at 13-14 and some of them started just around 16. My question is how in the world did you guys discover poker at THAT an young age? I can see many people get to discover poker when their 18-19 or early 20s and all but i really cannot imagine a 14-15 year old discovering online poker. Shouldn't most of you guys be at school or playing video games etc? Well that was what i did when i was 14-15. I don't know about you guys but when i was that age, obviously online poker wasn't big yet but then again even if it was, i doubt i would have even played it at that age.


Can someone explain how many of you guys discover poker at that young of an age? I feel like if i was 15, and i read about online poker, i probably wouldn't even play it. Well i might try it but i probably wouldn't play it and just play video games instead like a regular 15 year old kid. Most of the really good online players are at least 24 now because majority of those guys like Durrr, Phil Galfond etc started online poker at 17-18 or so when it was the Moneymaker boom. Last years WSOP table pretty much had most of the contestants where they were 17-18 back in the 2003-2004 poker boom, but i just cannot believe many guys here start at age 13-16.



It seems like right now there are tons of top online players are like 18-19 years old and many mentioned they played at a top level for 3+ years. When i think about an 18-19 year old online poker player, i would assume he probably started playing recently but its pretty shocking to me how a good amount of them played 3+ years and are top players online. Anyone else can explain how online players discover and play poker at SO young of an age? I really just can't believe how there are guys that have played online poker since age 12-13.
Marcoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:47 AM   #209
minibiff
adept
 
minibiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NO.
Posts: 1,172
Re: How are so many of the top online players SO young?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoam View Post
I'm a guy in my late 20s. I didn't discover online poker or poker at all until the 2004 World Series and thats when i started playing it. I would say the majority of people that got into poker at all was because of moneymaker/fossilman on espn. I know most people who play online are usually young, but i'm very shocked at how extremely young many of these kids are. I'm checking out the forum here and it seems like many good players here mentioned they started playing poker at 13-14 and some of them started just around 16. My question is how in the world did you guys discover poker at THAT an young age? I can see many people get to discover poker when their 18-19 or early 20s and all but i really cannot imagine a 14-15 year old discovering online poker. Shouldn't most of you guys be at school or playing video games etc? Well that was what i did when i was 14-15. I don't know about you guys but when i was that age, obviously online poker wasn't big yet but then again even if it was, i doubt i would have even played it at that age.


Can someone explain how many of you guys discover poker at that young of an age? I feel like if i was 15, and i read about online poker, i probably wouldn't even play it. Well i might try it but i probably wouldn't play it and just play video games instead like a regular 15 year old kid. Most of the really good online players are at least 24 now because majority of those guys like Durrr, Phil Galfond etc started online poker at 17-18 or so when it was the Moneymaker boom. Last years WSOP table pretty much had most of the contestants where they were 17-18 back in the 2003-2004 poker boom, but i just cannot believe many guys here start at age 13-16.



It seems like right now there are tons of top online players are like 18-19 years old and many mentioned they played at a top level for 3+ years. When i think about an 18-19 year old online poker player, i would assume he probably started playing recently but its pretty shocking to me how a good amount of them played 3+ years and are top players online. Anyone else can explain how online players discover and play poker at SO young of an age? I really just can't believe how there are guys that have played online poker since age 12-13.
I turned 18 this year.

And have been intrested in poker for like 8 years.. but started to play online 2010.

Didnt really know about freerolls and didnt wanna ask my mother/father to use their creditcard

I guess TV has a big part of the young peoples intrest. They see people making lots of money on playing "games" and when your young you easily apply things to your gamle, than when your older.
minibiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:38 AM   #210
Cornish Mafia
journeyman
 
Cornish Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London
Posts: 390
Poker in the Park 2011

Anyone in the UK attending this in London at the weekend? I went last year and it was good fun.
Cornish Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:09 AM   #211
se6_darrell
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Re: Poker in the Park 2011

might attend trying to find someone to go with but i have no poker friends
se6_darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:28 AM   #212
Channidae
enthusiast
 
Channidae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Posts: 82
Re: Poker in the Park 2011

Hopefully with Stars sponsoring it this year it might be a little more exciting. I disagree with you OP, last year it sucked IMO... The only good thing about it is the fish and micro stakers it attracts to London, who end up getting frustrated by the lack of poker and end up quenching that frustration by heading to The Vic or Fox, or any ore poker club promoting themselves at PitP... So yah, I'll be there, and Ill most probably be at the tables shortly after! Anyone fancy setting up our own 2p2 party in London after the event?
Channidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:19 AM   #213
GrimIsCool
veteran
 
GrimIsCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, UK @Grimiscool
Posts: 3,261
Re: Poker in the Park 2011

Will be there and playing at Vic/Fox/Empire probably all weekend.
GrimIsCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:21 AM   #214
spino1i
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spino1i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: hope springs
Posts: 8,299
Re: How are so many of the top online players SO young?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoam View Post
I'm a guy in my late 20s. I didn't discover online poker or poker at all until the 2004 World Series and thats when i started playing it. I would say the majority of people that got into poker at all was because of moneymaker/fossilman on espn. I know most people who play online are usually young, but i'm very shocked at how extremely young many of these kids are. I'm checking out the forum here and it seems like many good players here mentioned they started playing poker at 13-14 and some of them started just around 16. My question is how in the world did you guys discover poker at THAT an young age? I can see many people get to discover poker when their 18-19 or early 20s and all but i really cannot imagine a 14-15 year old discovering online poker. Shouldn't most of you guys be at school or playing video games etc? Well that was what i did when i was 14-15. I don't know about you guys but when i was that age, obviously online poker wasn't big yet but then again even if it was, i doubt i would have even played it at that age.


Can someone explain how many of you guys discover poker at that young of an age? I feel like if i was 15, and i read about online poker, i probably wouldn't even play it. Well i might try it but i probably wouldn't play it and just play video games instead like a regular 15 year old kid. Most of the really good online players are at least 24 now because majority of those guys like Durrr, Phil Galfond etc started online poker at 17-18 or so when it was the Moneymaker boom. Last years WSOP table pretty much had most of the contestants where they were 17-18 back in the 2003-2004 poker boom, but i just cannot believe many guys here start at age 13-16.



It seems like right now there are tons of top online players are like 18-19 years old and many mentioned they played at a top level for 3+ years. When i think about an 18-19 year old online poker player, i would assume he probably started playing recently but its pretty shocking to me how a good amount of them played 3+ years and are top players online. Anyone else can explain how online players discover and play poker at SO young of an age? I really just can't believe how there are guys that have played online poker since age 12-13.
dont be fooled, I think its next to impossible to be a top well-rounded player and be under the age of 21. Just takes too long and requires a certain amount of mental maturity teens dont have. Even jungleman was only a NLH HU player for the most part.

As for the peak age of a poker player? Could be a very high number. At least 40 imo. But in reality peak age never comes into play, you simply get better and better until you plateau or in the case of the very talented player lose interest.
spino1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:14 PM   #215
xTrav
banned
 
xTrav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 280
Re: WTF is going on with Chad Batista???

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie75013 View Post
Maybe you haven't heard.
On April 15, 2011 the US govt shut down online poker and a lot of people lost their bank rolls and a majority of their net worth.
Shall I continue?
Yes, Katie, of course I heard about that.

But maybe what you and Chad Batista have not heard about is when one opportunity or door is shut then you simply move onto the next one. It's simple.

If you get fired from one job you find another. If your girlfriend dumps you then you find another. If you wreck your car then you buy another. If your dog dies....yep...you guessed it...get another.

Obviously the dude lives in the poker mecca of the world with an unlimited supply of casinos at his disposal. So why doesn't he man up and go grind out the cash he needs? There are thousands of people who would give anything to trade places with him to have his poker skills yet he sits home doing nothing and crying?

Last edited by xTrav; 08-31-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: ...
xTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #216
Cornish Mafia
journeyman
 
Cornish Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London
Posts: 390
Re: Poker in the Park 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channidae View Post
Anyone fancy setting up our own 2p2 party in London after the event?
What did you have in mind?
Cornish Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:53 PM   #217
Channidae
enthusiast
 
Channidae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Posts: 82
Re: Poker in the Park 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish Mafia View Post
What did you have in mind?
Meeting at PitP, then maybe going to Garfunkles or All-Bar-One on Regent Street for some drinks, and if there are enough of us, going on to play poker, maybe the kind folks at The International will open up a table just for the 2P2 group...

Anyone who is interested, please PM me...
Channidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #218
PatP
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 107
Re: WTF is going on with Chad Batista???

[QUOTE=xTrav;28467550] If your dog dies....yep...you guessed it...get another.QUOTE]

I love my dog and no other could take his place
PatP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #219
katie75013
Grindette
 
katie75013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rosarito/Vegas/NJ
Posts: 2,023
Re: WTF is going on with Chad Batista???

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTrav View Post
Obviously the dude lives in the poker mecca of the world with an unlimited supply of casinos at his disposal. So why doesn't he man up and go grind out the cash he needs? There are thousands of people who would give anything to trade places with him to have his poker skills yet he sits home doing nothing and crying?
Different situations affect people in different ways.
No one has the right to say that he should or should not have a specific response to something. You can disagree, sure. But it was a fairly traumatizing event for many, many people, and has been extra tough on others; Chad included. Guess it happened at what was already turning out to be a tough time for him. I'm confident he will come out of it on top though.

It's also pretty tough nowadays to get back in action if you have most of your networth tied up online and 0 liquid cash. Lots of people are broke. So even though he is trying to get back in action, it's tough to find people with enough cash to put him in stuff.
katie75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #220
xTrav
banned
 
xTrav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 280
Re: WTF is going on with Chad Batista???

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie75013 View Post
Different situations affect people in different ways.
No one has the right to say that he should or should not have a specific response to something. You can disagree, sure. But it was a fairly traumatizing event for many, many people, and has been extra tough on others; Chad included. Guess it happened at what was already turning out to be a tough time for him. I'm confident he will come out of it on top though.

It's also pretty tough nowadays to get back in action if you have most of your networth tied up online and 0 liquid cash. Lots of people are broke. So even though he is trying to get back in action, it's tough to find people with enough cash to put him in stuff.
We are all struggling...
xTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #221
hitanktank
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 643
Please Help Me With a Name

Im going absolutely mental trying to figure this out
A well known online poker player who has been around a long long time moved from the States to Canada. My friend asked me who and now Im pulling a brain freeze on the name. It starts with an R I believe, I think he won a WPT title, he would be like 30ish years old, tall and scraggy looking at times. Very very very well known online name

Ill actually send 5 bucks on stars to the correct first answer

Im gonna lose my marbles
hitanktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #222
Monies
grinder
 
Monies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Budapest
Posts: 414
Re: Please Help Me With a Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitanktank View Post
Im going absolutely mental trying to figure this out
A well known online poker player who has been around a long long time moved from the States to Canada. My friend asked me who and now Im pulling a brain freeze on the name. It starts with an R I believe, I think he won a WPT title, he would be like 30ish years old, tall and scraggy looking at times. Very very very well known online name

Ill actually send 5 bucks on stars to the correct first answer

Im gonna lose my marbles
Only people starting with R that I can think of are Roland De Wolfe and Ryan Daut.

Maybe one of them?
Monies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #223
1outter
veteran
 
1outter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fence
Posts: 3,066
Re: Please Help Me With a Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by aura View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rickroll link removed
Reported.

This was almost funny for 1 second, 3 years ago.
1outter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #224
Daut44
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,213
Re: Please Help Me With a Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitanktank View Post
Im going absolutely mental trying to figure this out
A well known online poker player who has been around a long long time moved from the States to Canada. My friend asked me who and now Im pulling a brain freeze on the name. It starts with an R I believe, I think he won a WPT title, he would be like 30ish years old, tall and scraggy looking at times. Very very very well known online name

Ill actually send 5 bucks on stars to the correct first answer

Im gonna lose my marbles
im 27, 6'0, won a wpt, shave once a week, just moved to vancouver and my name starts with an R. i dont think im that well known but the rest sounds like me
Daut44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #225
WhatsBeef
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 187
Re: *** Official Short questions and answers/small topics thread ***

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...r_Tour_winners

Roy Winston and Ron Rose seem to be the only others beginning with R.
WhatsBeef is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online